• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT2| BUT GRO PER

John_B

There was also that time Rosberg was about to be overtaken by Hamilton in Canada but after locking up simply cut the last two corners and was out ahead by more than a second. No penalty given.

If a driver is ahead going into the corner but cuts it and is still ahead it is pretty hard to calculate the what ifs. Design the corners so that you can't gain time by cutting them.

NewDust

HOLYSH Rosberg calling out Hamilton on Fox Sports Latin America stream. He says Hamilton breaked late and than he thought he was gonna pass him on the corner, but that Hamilton went straight full speed.

Telling it how it is.

Guess Hamilton deliberately missed the corner (just like Max), but not to gain an advantage (unlike Max), but to keep as far away from a possible collision.

dakun

Vettel should be fined on how he behaves on the radio tho. That is just way to much.

they don't have to broadcast it if they feel like it's too much.
The Radio is intended for communication between the team and the driver. I'm sure there have been worse things said in the past. Bernie has been less strict with cursing on TV the last 3-4 years.

Like i said earlier, it would be debatable if he would havr kept the position would he have made the corner/stayed on track, but I have never (ever) seen a driver gift a position they never lost.

Stewards shouldn't promote the "I might get away with driving off-track to keep my position".

Don't stay on track and keep your position? Instant penalty.

And yes that should be applied to Hamilton. Rosberg was knocked out track though.

Fox Mulder

HOLYSH Rosberg calling out Hamilton on Fox Sports Latin America stream. He says Hamilton breaked late and than he thought he was gonna pass him on the corner, but that Hamilton went straight full speed.

Telling it how it is.

Lewis got away with it because of shit driving at the back bringing out the vsc. Having to serve a 5 second penalty at his stop would have hurt him.

I doubt he would have got one anyways as it would have ruined the points race.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I wonder if possible cold tyres and general safety due to large groups of cars at the start could have contributed to no penalty for Hamilton

hamchan

I can see them giving a reprieve to Vettel in the Ricciardo incident because there's an argument to be made that Vettel never should have been in that position to begin with.

(And also because this whole thing is already so messy and the stewards can seemingly do whatever they want with the rules)

Hasney

Telling it how it is.

878710.gif

Can Sky not find someone better than Herbert to provide punditry services?

They can't find anyone better to present the whole damn thing, the brought in DiResta, so I'm gonna have to say no.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
We'll never know since he didn't try to brake. It's kind of irrelevant since the safety car nullified it, plus Lewis was probably never going to get a penalty since they want the WDC to go as far as possible.

Braking on grass is a fucking stupid idea.

NewDust

Stewards shouldn't promote the "I might get away with driving off-track to keep my position".

Don't stay on track and keep your position? Instant penalty.

And yes that should be applied to Hamilton. Rosberg was knocked out track though.

At least we agree some (most) of the stewards decisions have been awful and f1 is becoming a judge sport, or rather an "am I popular with today's stewards" contest.

G-Unit

Guess Hamilton deliberately missed the corner (just like Max), but not to gain an advantage (unlike Max), but to keep as far away from a possible collision.

How is not gaining an advantage making a mistake and not losing places especially at the start of the race.

Oh look, the guy in front made a mistake... let me slow down so I beat him fair and square.

Hasney

Ted reporting that Todt was watching the race and think Vettel could be in huge amounts of shit. That's why Arrivabenne was trying to calm him down over the radio.

I wonder if possible cold tyres and general safety due to large groups of cars at the start could have contributed to no penalty for Hamilton

They're always more lenient at the start. I remember a German GP recently where half the grid went off the road and made overtakes.

Braking on grass is a fucking stupid idea.

Yup, try it even in a video game with no assists and see what happens.

The problem is that leaving in track shouldn't end in just not gaining anything but it should punish the driver in a not race ending way

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Ted reporting that Todt was watching the race and think Vettel could be in huge amounts of shit. That's why Arrivabenne was trying to calm him down over the radio.
If Lord Spanky (Mosley) was still around, he would be excluded from championship on the spot

NewDust

How is not gaining an advantage making a mistake and not losing places especially at the start of the race.

Oh look, the guy in front made a mistake... let me slow down so I beat him fair and square.

Advantage as in time-advantage... Hamilton rather gets a penalty than a possible collision.

To be clear, I don't think Ham's intent was to gain 'seconds' but to keep his car in the running (which is actually the biggest advantage you can have)

spuckthew

Telling it how it is.

Rosberg would have never overtaken him anyway. He was definitely too far back (even before Hamilton missing the apex and lolcya'ing across the grass).

Let's not also forget that Rosberg himself cut the corner (albeit to a lesser extent) due to his kiss with Max.

64bitbros

Not gaining an advantage? Hamilton won SECONDS in the first minute of the race. How is that not an advantage?

Mohonky

Generally speaking, the first corner of every GP has cars running off the track all the time, so they probably dont jump on it as much. They look at a lot of things though, sector times, whether the driver could reasonably have made the corner etc.

Hasney

Nico saying Lewis didn't deserve a penalty on Sky. He was watching the start and the Sky reporter tried to put words in his mouth :lol

Not sure if ROS is salty or just can't pull off smarmy/sarcasm properly in the Sky interview.

He's clearly salty about Max, but still happy he's winning the championship it seems.

G-Unit

Advantage as in time-advantage... Hamilton rather gets a penalty than a possible collision.

Rosberg would have never overtaken him anyway. He was definitely too far back (even before Hamilton missing the apex and lolcya'ing across the grass).

Let's not also forget that Rosberg himself also cut the corner (albeit to a lesser extent) due to his kiss with Max.

YO, When you go off the track, you are suppose to lose time....... but No... It was hamilton... the golden grow boy.

SilentRob

Rosberg seems pretty punchy, funny and relaxed in his interviews. Even made a joke when he realised he got the cap for first place. Haven't seen this behaviour from him in quite a while. Winning a Championship would probably take such a huge amount of pressure from him that working with Lewis would get a lot easier in the future.

Not sure if ROS is salty or just can't pull off smarmy/sarcasm properly in the Sky interview.

I have seriously no idea where from that interview you got "salty" from? o0

Fox Mulder

Nico saying Lewis didn't deserve a penalty on Sky. He was watching the start and the Sky reporter tried to put words in his mouth :lol

He's clearly salty about Max, but still happy he's winning the championship it seems.

I think he was being a bit sarcastic though.

Business

Won seconds? The VSC was live the next sector lol. There was 0 advantage for the first 4/5 laps.

But he did win seconds. He should have lost time and probably position by rejoining the track ASAP, but he not only didn't get pushied by his own mistake, he benefited from it.

That there was a VSC later is not relevant.

Covfan

His reaction to watching the start was "wait, how did he get away with that?!?".

spuckthew

YO, When you go off the track, you are suppose to lose time....... but No... It was hamilton... the golden grow boy.

YO, he started slowing down and then the VSC started followed by the actual SC. Rosberg also failed to lose time in the same corner to Max. But let's not let facts get in the way.

What did he pull? He was stupid and got punished for it but in the end he was not obligated to give back the place at that time.

Also, Max's cuntness is nowhere on the same level as Schumacher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWwNU79-tZA

Man if after watching Max being a huge asshole in the last few laps you even need to ask what did he pull there's nothing I can say to convince you, so let's just agree to disagree. Also, Schumacher pulled some unjustifiable bullshit in his days, but he also won 7 WDCs so let's wait and see if Max gets anywhere near that level before comparing them.

Top Bottom