• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT2| BUT GRO PER

You do realize that VSC = gaps are equal?

Either you give Lewis a penalty and give Max a penalty, or you give neither.

Max didn't have a bigger lead after his off track moment.

The VSC lasted seconds, before an actual safety car period started, thus nullifying any possible advantage that Hamilton could have gained.

Vettel needs a massive penalty though, telling Charlie to Fuck off should be a massive no no.

Vettel is in the heat of the moment during a race, he can say what he wants. It was FOM's decision, however, to broadcast what he said.

Drivers used to intentionally in radio transmissions so they wouldn't be broadcast, before FOM started playing censored versions.

You do realize that VSC = gaps are equal?

Either you give Lewis a penalty and give Max a penalty, or you give neither.

Max didn't have a bigger lead after his off track moment.

The VSC still meant no overtaking, so it was easy for Hamilton to slow down a little to give back the advantage he gained in corner 1.

Btw, new interview insights:

RIC claiming Hamilton should have been punished for leaving the track in corner 1.

And VES also saying ROS is responsible for the crash in corner 1, because he left the track and he then (!) ran into him. He basically said "Nico left the track, too [like Hamilton]. Our cars touched each other and he gained himself an advantage." Too much Red Bull?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I don't blame Verstappen for staying out there and driving like shit, the stewards should've told him to give up the position. The end of this race is 100% on Whiting.

Hasney

i7drmMh.png

MmWPTNI.jpg

Lmao. More records!

The more I see of this scene, the more I'm convinced Vettel thought he was gonna crash into Verstappen's rear if he doesn't change direction.

He didn't even change the direction in the zone but just took an alternative line. There was no suddenly change of direction nor Ric was forced to make evasive maneuvers like how it is stated in the rules. People are simplifying the rule too much.

Fox Mulder

The VSC lasted seconds, before an actual safety car period started, thus nullifying any possible advantage that Hamilton could have gained.

Vettel is in the heat of the moment during a race, he can say what he wants. It was FOM's decision, however, to broadcast what he said.

Drivers used to intentionally in radio transmissions so they wouldn't be broadcast, before FOM started playing censored versions.

Telling officials to fuck themselves would get you tossed or penalized in plenty of other heat of the moment sports.

Apparently Vettel already apologized in person by Charlie. Both have a good relationship, btw.

I guess that's the thing about being an adult... sometimes in the heat of the moment you're a cunt to people then sort it out when things are a bit more calm.

Seems no-one here has ever been guilty of that one though. ;)

frontieruk

I thought being an adult means acting like an adult?

Adults argue, then swear then apologise and make up, Vettel had done this admitting he was wrong, Max on the other hand, wears all his mistakes as a badge of honour saying he was right and fuck the whiners... Who is acting like an adult?

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
These drivers probably wouldn't be were they are if they weren't impulsive dicks with huge egos.

PatjuhR

Adults argue, then swear then apologise and make up, Vettel had done this admitting he was wrong, Max on the other hand, wears all his mistakes as a badge of honour saying he was right and fuck the whiners... Who is acting like an adult?

This was about Vettel, not Max, but OK, max also admitted a mistake last week?

Adults argue, Vettel was not arguing.

frontieruk

This was about Vettel, not Max, but OK, max also admitted a mistake last week?

Adults argue, Vettel was not arguing.

Actually he was arguing his point that max should of given the place up after running the track and then was backing him up to RIC, calling out race direction for not doing something then arguing with his crew his point was valid while calling out race direction is still an argument.

PatjuhR

Actually he was arguing his point that max should of given the place up after running the track and then was backing him up to RIC, calling out race direction for not doing something then arguing with his crew his point was valid while calling out race direction is still an argument.

Yes maybe that's right, but c'mon, that's not arguing like an adult. Let's put it that way

I dont understand that logic. Schumacher had the right to be an asshole because he won 7 wdc? Lmao...

No, Schumacher has no right to be an asshole, but he has a legacy that Max obviously doesn't. You compare Vettel to him, you compare Lewis to him, heck you'd even compare Kimi to him. Max still hasn't done anything besides being dickish.

Line_HTX

Townsend Bell ‏@townsendbell 30m30 minutes ago

VES: "I think VET is a child."
VET: "I think VES needs to grow up."​

This sounds like a Presidential debate.

frontieruk

Yes maybe that's right, but c'mon, that's not arguing like an adult. Let's put it that way

How many times have you sworn at someone when you're driving along and they do something stupid? Now magnify that as these guys pretty much are on the edge and Vettel can see a podium position which has been out of his reach for a while now. Maybe not adult behaviour but definitely human behaviour.

hamchan

I can't think of any other sport where swearing a cursing at the head official wouldn't get you a reprimand or penalty of some kind.

PatjuhR

How many times have you sworn at someone when you're driving along and they do something stupid? Now magnify that as these guys pretty much are on the edge and Vettel can see a podium position which has been out of his reach for a while now. Maybe not adult behaviour but definitely human behaviour.

I agree with you, but glad you agree you can't label it as adult behaviour aswell. You know everybody is listening.

I think it's human behaviour, but I would still punish him for it. Or at least give him a warning. I won't punish him game related, but some kind of community thing or a fine. Dunno.

Snoodaard

Neo Member
Vettel told the guy who decides over his fate to fuck off, it's not like he had any option other than kissing his ring. A child will apologize under certain circumstances, the circumstances Vettel brought himself in gave him no other option. Anyway, basing someone's adulthood on the ability to apologize is arbitrary and stupid.

frontieruk

I agree with you, but glad you agree you can't label it as adult behaviour aswell. You know everybody is listening.

I think it's human behaviour, but I would still punish him for it. Or at least give him a warning. I won't punish him game related, but some kind of community thing or a fine. Dunno.

He's probably been given a reprimand, you see that sort of think on the football pitches here, someone swears at the ref as they don't agree with his decision, the ref gives a warning you do that again you're getting booked.

I'm fairly certain Charlie's had worse, it's just never been broadcast before.

Vettel told the guy who decides over his fate to fuck off, it's not like he had any option other than kissing his ring. A child will apologize under certain circumstances, the circumstances Vettel brought himself in gave him no other option. Anyway, basing someone's adulthood on the ability to apologize is arbitrary and stupid.

Actually it's a sign of maturity admitting you fucked up. Rather than double down and keep saying fuck you, which is something Max and Kvyat have done this season.

Top Bottom