• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT2| BUT GRO PER

But he did win seconds. He should have lost time and probably position by rejoining the track ASAP, but he not only didn't get pushied by his own mistake, he benefited from it.
Seconds to who, the person behind him who also went off? He's got a massive lock-up going into the corner which is already and issue then goes over the grass and collects dirt.
That there was a VSC later is not relevant.
Except it is as much as all the other factors affecting the stewards decisions are.
I have seriously no idea where from that interview you got "salty" from? o0
Maybe it's his new found fun or realism of winning the championship coming across as fake.
True. But incidents need to be judged on their own. That the VSC nullified the advantage does not change that.
What incident? There isn't one.

G-Unit

YO, he started slowing down and then the VSC started followed by the actual SC. Rosberg also failed to lose time in the same corner to Max. But let's not let facts get in the way.

shhh *let's ignore the fact one tried to hit the corner and one didn't(a mistake), vs a corner one collision.*

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Try that in any other sport and see if you are allowed to finish the match or get away without a huge fine or a ban.

I'm quite sure that he'll still get some fine for that.

It was entertaining, though.

ramparter

Banned
Man if after watching Max being a huge asshole in the last few laps you even need to ask what did he pull there's nothing I can say to convince you, so let's just agree to disagree. Also, Schumacher pulled some unjustifiable bullshit in his days, but he also won 7 WDCs so let's wait and see if Max gets anywhere near that level before comparing them.
I dont understand that logic. Schumacher had the right to be an asshole because he won 7 wdc? Lmao...

MauroNL

tumblr_o5rskglmkv1s9l8tco2_400.gif

Business

Concerning the Hamilton incident: He was in a fight for his position, he left the track due to a self-inflicted error, cut the track, came out of that fight with a couple of seconds (!) gained on P2.

Of course this needs to be punished, cause otherwise it signals it's okay if you leave the track after the start, as long as you allow the ones you were fighting with in the first corner to close the gap right afterwards.

I think Hamilton got away because the stewards were too afraid to have any impact on the ongoing championship.

Zeknurn

In other news, this was the highest finishing position for Sauber all season (11th)

Yeah, Ericsson pitted for mediums on lap 1 and went the rest of the race on them. Incredible drive by him and it's too bad he wasn't rewarded with points.

Hasney

More footage of Seb running, to the stewards now. He must be knackered.

Concerning the Hamilton incident: He was in a fight for his position, he left the track due to a self-inflicted error, cut the track, came out of that fight with a couple of seconds (!) gained on P2.

Of course this needs to be punished, cause otherwise it signals it's okay if you leave the track after the start, as long as you allow the ones you were fighting with in the first corner to close the gap right afterwards.

I think Hamilton got away because the stewards were too afraid to have any impact on the ongoing championship.

If you can show me a time that's ever been punished on the first corner in the recent history, then I'll buy it. It's always more lenient on the first corener.

Vettel should be fined on how he behaves on the radio tho. That is just way to much.

Funnily enough, I think this is the first time they've ever broadcast a direct attack on an official. New ground there for sure.

That said, all the drivers are always calling each other all the names under the sun. Even in practice (both Ricciardo and Verstappen have done it this weekend).

Igo

It is okay, and it's long been okay.

f0rk

Who should he have given the place to to avoid punishment? 2nd? 3rd? 10th? It was the first corner. He was slowing down, I'm not sure what else you would want him to do unless you think it's a good idea for half the field to have time penalties at the end of the race

Aiii

So not worth it
Who says I wanted to discuss that silly argument?

You are just reposting your one point anyway.

So you are not willing to engage the point and instead just call out me instead. You are being silly right now. If you don't want to discuss, then don't reply to a post or complain when you give nothing in return to warrant discussion.

You can't not provide a counterpoint and then complain the other person reiterates the point he made.

It is okay, and it's long been okay.

Well, it was okay if the driver had no other choice, like in to avoid an accident / no space left, something like that. We are now talking about the leader leaving the track and gaining a couple of seconds advantage. You won't find examples for this in recent F1 history because no one tried such a stunt yet. Probably thought they'd get punished for it.

Yes seconds to everyone else and seconds that he stuck with, what's so hard to get? Watch the start again.

There isn't anything to compare to so no, he doesn't.

What do you want him to do here, exactly? He can't keep his car in the middle of the road either mechanically or because then he'd cause a crash. He also can't stop and go in the run-off area as that would be dangerous given there is another 21 cars hurtling into a right hand turn behind him - accident waiting to happen.

Hasney

Well, it was okay if the driver had no other choice, like in to avoid an accident / no space left, something like that. We are now talking about the leader leaving the track and gaining a couple of seconds advantage. You won't find examples for this in recent F1 history because no one tried such a stunt yet. Probably thought they'd get punished for it.

2010 should be recent enough, they haven't updated the track leaving rules before then.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2gp4me_f1-german-gp-2010-bbc-part-1_auto

Did they give Danny the pojum yet?

Still in.

Who should he have given the place to to avoid punishment? 2nd? 3rd? 10th? It was the first corner. He was slowing down, I'm not sure what else you would want him to do unless you think it's a good idea for half the field to have time penalties at the end of the race

5 Seconds penalty of course. Which I am sure is exactly what would have happened if there wasn't that VSC right afterwards.

itsgreen

5 Seconds penalty of course. Which I am sure is exactly what would have happened if there wasn't that VSC right afterwards.

You do realize that VSC = gaps are equal?

Either you give Lewis a penalty and give Max a penalty, or you give neither.

Max didn't have a bigger lead after his off track moment.

Hasney

Lewis exhaust temperature was crazy high and they had to get him to turn the car down and just manage it.

He doesn't have to use that engine again, does he?

Igo

Canada GP 2014. Rosberg did the exact thing Hamilton just did mid race and nothing came of it.

This was the start where the stewards are very lenient and i'm honestly baffled people think it warranted an investigation or anything.

Zeknurn

Ted just said that Hamilton's exhaust gas temperature was "through the roof" and he was told to turn down the power unit. It's generally an indicator of something being wrong with the power unit.

So you are not willing to engage the point and instead just call out me instead. You are being silly right now. If you don't want to discuss, then don't reply to a post or complain when you give nothing in return to warrant discussion.

You can't not provide a counterpoint and then complain the other person reiterates the point he made.

It's not your business which posts I quote.

Top Bottom