• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT2| BUT GRO PER

Aiii

So not worth it
Verstappen also received a penalty point on his license for cutting off the track to gain an advantage.

Ridiculous, honestly.

Only if they don't put one on Lewis' license as well. RBR should appeal that on those grounds, would be interesting to see how they defend that descision.

According to Christian Horner the punishment for Max is absolutely confusing and not justified because of the actions of Lewis and Nico in the first corner.

He also can't believe therefore that not one of his drivers is on the podium but Vetbitch who clearly acted against the regulations by steering in the braking zone, regulations Vetbitch himself cried out for ironically.

He also can't believe therefore that not one of his drivers is on the podium but Vetbitch who clearly acted against the regulations by steering in the braking zone, regulations Vetbitch himself cried out for ironically.

May I ask, is this supposed to be funny? Adding the word "Bitch" to a name isn't funny, like, at all.

mclem

I'd like Alt-F1 to recap the first four laps, then say "...and in lap 68..."

Just leave it there, ignore the other 60-odd laps.

Ricardo agrees with me

https://youtu.be/_wEZEuQ3xMQ

(No one knows how can u not)

I think Ricciardo's press assistant is a really gorgeous woman.

Also I keep relistening Vettel's remark about Charlie, tears keep rolling from my eyes as some Ferrari bloke in typical Italian English tries to explain to Vettel what Charlie said and he then repeats with 'Yeah, you know what here is my message to Charlie **** off, HONESTLY!'

Pure comedy gold.

http://www.formula1.com/en/video/2016/10/Tensions_erupt_as_Vettel_battles_Red_Bulls_in_dramatic_finish.html

sammex

XPB_851934_HiRes.jpg

Sad trombone

dakun

Formula 1 is a joke.. seriously you can decide that Verstappen's move was not right in a matter of minutes but you had to look at Vettel's move for multiple hours to decide whether it was ok?

We now had 2 people on 3rd place before they actually made the decision that it should be a 3rd person. Well fucking done.

Orbis

I suspect the delay for Vettel's penalty was that they wanted telemetry for the specific action of change of direction under braking. The Max incident was a clear cut visual thing. That said I think they should just wait in future, there is no need to rush penalties. I know that has led to complaints in the past of the result changing hours after the race but for the sake of consistency it is needed.

Ultimately Ricciardo is 3rd so we have the best result.

F1 is such a joke these days. In isolation the penalty for Seb might be ok but in context he gets the short stick twice for a) he wouldnt have been in the situation in the first place had Max droven cleanly and b) he is now ranked behind Max again.

Called it. What a joke of a sport.

Edit - Though I will say it would have been hilarious if they could have done it fast enough to be able to yank Vettel off the podium. :D

Good for Ricciardo, probably the most sympathetic and fastest driver without a huge ego and with a very friendly, down to earth attitude. Love the fellow.

EDIT: they REALLY should bring back the gravel traps, it would prevent all those cutting corners discussions.

Lol what a joke, Vettel right telling Whiting to fuck off.

And why did he get 10 seconds and Wonderboy 5? WTF

He would've never been in that position if Wonderboy had given the position

YourMaster

Lol what a joke, Vettel right telling Whiting to fuck off.

And why did he get 10 seconds and Wonderboy 5? WTF

He would've never been in that position if Wonderboy had given the position

It makes sense that a move that results in you gaining a position is not penalized as hard as a move that could kill another driver. And if they did not penalize Vettel for this, they would have brought all the uncertainty right back again.

DBT85

Only just watched the race, well, fast forwarded through it.

Turn 1 incidents were all nothing, it happens and stewards never do anything. The gap Lewis gained was wiped out instantly anyway.

The 3rd place debacle is hilarious, as was Max's paddock interview.

Glad Lewis got the win. Hopefully he can do it again next time out.

Shame Max couldn't punish Rosbergs wobble.

Top Bottom