• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT2| BUT GRO PER

DrM

Redmond's Baby
There are strong rumors that Ferrari is having quite a lot of issues on aerodynamic front compared to other top teams

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
And not everyone wants to work in Italy.

This is actually a real problem for them, given that most F1 development is based in the UK. Hard to recruit talent from that ecosystem when you have to convince them to move to a different country and learn a foreign language with their entire family.

Zaru

This is actually a real problem for them, given that most F1 development is based in the UK. Hard to recruit talent from that ecosystem when you have to convince them to move to a different country and learn a foreign language with their entire family.

At this point I'm wondering how much of F1's personell consists of british people. Most of the factories are there, by extension most personell will be from there, even though I'm sure they grab the best from around the world too.
As international as the sport is, it must be 50% british or something.

Fisico

There are strong rumors that Ferrari is having quite a lot of issues on aerodynamic front compared to other top teams

Pre 2015 season we heard the car was so bad the team was supposed to be sorry for Vettel and Raikkonen.
Pre 2016 they were supposed to be closer than ever to Mercedes.

If they have a good year and a few wins in 2017, these preseasons rumours/impressions being the opposite of what happen might become a new pattern!

Button

Banned

Most recent example being James Allison probably?

Mastah

First 2 and 2 out of last 3 races will be live only on Sky:

26 March: Australia - Exclusively live
9 April: China - Exclusively live

16 April: Bahrain - Live
30 April: Russia - Live
14 May: Spain - Exclusively live
28 May: Monaco - Live
11 June: Canada - Exclusively live
25 June: Azerbaijan - Live
9 July: Austria - Exclusively live
16 July: Great Britain - Live
30 July: Hungary - Exclusively live
27 August: Belgium - Live
3 September: Italy - Exclusively live
17 September: Singapore - Live
1 October: Malaysia - Live
8 October: Japan - Exclusively live
22 October: USA - Live
29 October: Mexico - Exclusively live
12 November: Brazil - Exclusively live

26 November: Abu Dhabi - Live

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...=referral&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Aiii

So not worth it
Pre 2015 season we heard the car was so bad the team was supposed to be sorry for Vettel and Raikkonen.
Pre 2016 they were supposed to be closer than ever to Mercedes.

If they have a good year and a few wins in 2017, these preseasons rumours/impressions being the opposite of what happen might become a new pattern!

Technically 2015 was a bad year, but they just lucked out RBR had an even worse year and they defaulted to getting wins whenever Merc dropped the ball.

Zeknurn

Force India is launching their car on the Feb 22nd at Silverstone.

First 2 and 2 out of last 3 races will be live only on Sky:

Depressing. I wonder if this will be the season that I move to watching Channel 4 highlights when it's on Sky only.

I generally stopped watching a lot of races live last year. I occasionally paid for NowTV, but that pisses me off because you can't watch qualifying and the race unless you pay for a 1 week pass.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I've just bought myself a that 55" KS7000 people are raving about. Along with Sky Q and SSF1 in UHD, this will be me in March:

1xyjD.gif

Jezbollah

I've just bought myself a that 55" KS7000 people are raving about. Along with Sky Q and SSF1 in UHD, this will be me in March:

1xyjD.gif

Nice. How much did you get it for? I'm looking at that very model and size for a potential replacement for my TV.

nekkid

Nice. How much did you get it for? I'm looking at that very model and size for a potential replacement for my TV.

It was £900 in John Lewis a couple of weeks back. Not sure if they've still got it on offer.

nekkid

The British GP isn't moving. How many times have we heard this threat?

And the two other circuits who are speaking to Ecclestone are who? Probably Donnington, who don't have anywhere near the facilities or even 2 pennies to rub together, and Circuit of Wales, which is just fanciful vapourware.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I genuinely couldn't give a shit if we lost Silverstone tbh. Well, as long as it wasn't replaced with some tilkedrome anyway.

They ruined Hockenheim and Silverstone with the new layouts for me.

nekkid

They ruined Hockenheim and Silverstone with the new layouts for me.

No way. Village and the Loop is an excellent series of bends. Catches out loads of people, especially with a bit of tail wind. The old left-hand Abbey and under the bridge was dull by comparison.

Jezbollah

It was £900 in John Lewis a couple of weeks back. Not sure if they've still got it on offer.

Nice. I have gone to John Lewis for all my previous TV purchases because of their 5 year warranty. It's now a paid extra so I'm in two minds this time around.

DBT85

Nice. I have gone to John Lewis for all my previous TV purchases because of their 5 year warranty. It's now a paid extra so I'm in two minds this time around.

Eh? Its not a paid extra at John Lewis. It's standard.

All our televisions are delivered for free, and include a 5-year guarantee for your peace of mind

Depressing. I wonder if this will be the season that I move to watching Channel 4 highlights when it's on Sky only.

Are you seriously expecting Channel Four to pick races that take place in the middle of the night/very early morning rather than concentrate on the ones they might actually make money from showing?

Zeknurn

Are you seriously expecting Channel Four to pick races that take place in the middle of the night/very early morning rather than concentrate on the ones they might actually make money from showing?

Nope, I do however expect Liberty Media to take a good look at the deal when the popularity of the sport continues to drop.

nekkid

Eh? Its not a paid extra at John Lewis. It's standard.

Yeah the 5 year warranty is included on all TVs.

You're probably seeing the 5 years accidental damage for £99 (which I did pay for - because I expect a catastrophic accident at 4.5 years...)

nekkid

They deserved to be ahead of Sauber last year, imo. Luck didn't go their way.

Completely ridiculous that they get nothing in revenue share only the top 10.

In other news I got a 1977 Autocourse in the mail today! I don't think it's been opened in about 38 years.

Jezbollah

Yeah the 5 year warranty is included on all TVs.

You're probably seeing the 5 years accidental damage for £99 (which I did pay for - because I expect a catastrophic accident at 4.5 years...)

Yep, you're right (and you DBT). I have/had that warranty on both my TVs I got from them going back to 2007 - thankfully I've never needed to use it. Good to hear it's still free. :)

Top Bottom