• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Pre-Season |OT| The Ferrari is good this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaru

Well, if the car is shit, it's hard to stay positive. They pay the dude $40 million to race and win Grand Prixs, but you can't do that if the car can only drive twenty laps tops.
I think at this point they've paid Alonso more to drive in a backmarker than it costs to RUN a backmarker team for a year

Jezbollah

Some pics from my mate who's trackside:

17192519_1370000059726643_1871305851671809366_o.jpg

Zeknurn

12:07 Vettel on track again – and another best first sector so far...
12:09 Vettel goes quicker – a 1m19.314s. A fraction slower than Bottas's best yesterday. BUT – Vettel backed off on the main straight...
12:09 So that's an audible bit of sandbagging from Ferrari on super-soft tyres.
12:12 OK. Vettel's backed off and gone again, posting a 1m19.4s. He was 0.7s quicker in the final sector that time. So...

Choo-choo.

A 1.17 pole lap doesn't look too far away now.

Juicy Bob

Ferrari have twice gone quickest in the first two sectors but then coasted out of the final corner. You could hear it.

They are confirmed sandbagging.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Vandoorne has stopped just after pit exit. Red Flag
I just sent Honda F1 a sarcastic tweet reply to them saying they were up to 25 laps for the day.

I told them it was 10 laps until their scheduled engine change. I was wrong, it was 6.

Stop It

Wich team will be the first to say fuck it lets go and put a 1.17 on the timetable?
Mercedes and RBR love their sandbagging so likely not.

Watch a random Williams or possibly a Ferrari hit 1:18 today though. We already know Vettel can push a 1:18.6 out of the thing.

Stop It

12:40 Vettel: 1m19.024s. But he's coasting up to the line. Ferrari in full tease mode.
Cheeky git.

Autosport just offered him a Lion bar to actually finish a quick lap on pace. Tempting as Lion bars are tasty.

Mercedes and RBR love their sandbagging so likely not.

Watch a random Williams or possibly a Ferrari hit 1:18 today though. We already know Vettel can push a 1:18.6 out of the thing.

He already almost did it just now

12:42
Here he comes again...

Vettel turns purple in the first sector and the second...only a 26:9 in the third sector but it's a new fastest lap in testing this winter by Ferrari

1:19.024

Has F1 2017 just had lift off?

12:59
Drama ahoy.

As Hamilton goes very quick, but not quite as quick as Vettel, the McLaren has broken down for the second time today on track. On this occasion, it appears the MCL32 at least managed to get halfway round the track before giving up

lol

stryke

If this is indicative of what's to come for the rest of the year, Honda need to leave F1 at the end of it.

They are ruining McLaren and the F1 sport.

Aiii

So not worth it
If this is indicative of what's to come for the rest of the year, Honda need to leave F1 at the end of it.

They are ruining McLaren and the F1 sport.

Oh I'm pretty sure McLaren isn't using Honda engines next year regardless, unless we suddenly see a drastic change in performance and reliability in the first few months of the season.

Berto

I dont want to sound too overly dramatic, but I feel i'm seeing the end of Mclaren in F1. They are stuck with Honda for 7 years and it is clear Honda can't do a proper F1 engine. It's a question of time for Honda to pull out of F1 again (like they always do) or Mclaren manages to get away from this death sentence contract. However Honda is injecting hundreds of millions into the team and Mclaren can't find proper sponsors. Plus, they are now led by shareholders that have no passion for the team. It's a downward spiral and it breaks my heart.

Zaru

I dont want to sound too overly dramatic, but I feel i'm seeing the end of Mclaren in F1. They are stuck with Honda for 7 years and it is clear Honda can't do a proper F1 engine. It's a question of time for Honda to pull out of F1 again (like they always do) or Mclaren manages to get away from this death sentence contract. However Honda is injecting hundreds of millions into the team and Mclaren can't find proper sponsors. Plus, they are now led by shareholders that have no passion for the team. It's a downward spiral and it breaks my heart.

You know what's funny in all this?

McLaren is with Honda because McLaren was not the main team of Mercedes anymore.
McLaren is not the main team of Mercedes anymore because they have their own team now.
They have their own team now because they were able to buy a promising team at the right time.
They were able to buy that team... because of the last time Honda pulled out of the sport.

Honda's failure has been fucking with McLaren for much longer than the V6 era.

ramparter

Banned

McLaren is with Honda because McLaren was not the main team of Mercedes anymore.
McLaren is not the main team of Mercedes anymore because they have their own team now.
They have their own team now because they were able to buy a promising team at the right time.
They were able to buy that team... because of the last time Honda pulled out of the sport.

It's as if 2008 McLaren and Honda decided to swap engines, then Honda team won 4 wdc and McLaren became a tier C team.

Berto

It's like a full tragic circle. :'(
68533610.jpg

And that former Honda team has McLaren's last and most recent WDC.

BigAl1992

And that former Honda team has McLaren's last and most recent WDC.

That's what I was thinking of as well. McLaren's most recent WDC (Hamilton) is with that team, and the last non McLaren WDC to have driven for them (Button) came from that former Honda Team. It's a fucking piss take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom