• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Pre-Season |OT| The Ferrari is good this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeknurn

cR1kdpl.gif

ramparter

Banned
I wish Button hadn't left Mercedes, I'd like to see him fighting with Lewis for the title, less hot-headed than Nico, I believe he would have been a greater challenger. I liked their rivalry in McLaren but it was never for the title.

Mastah

I wish Button hadn't left Mercedes, I'd like to see him fighting with Lewis for the title, less hot-headed than Nico, I believe he would have been a greater challenger. I liked their rivalry in McLaren but it was never for the title.

2010?

Zeknurn

It's nice to wish things.

For me, I wish Schumacher hadn't been forced to retire from Mercedes and we could have seen him completely smash 2014, 2015 and 2016.

LOL

Winning WDC in 2014-2016 V6 era has been all about who gets pole position and if Lewis' car can survive a weekend.

Button was almost literally never able to put his McLaren on pole despite Lewis making his name in being the fastest over one lap in the same machinery. It would have been a blood bath.

LOL

Winning WDC in 2014-2016 V6 era has been all about who gets pole position and if Lewis' car can survive a weekend.

Button was almost literally never able to put his McLaren on pole despite Lewis making his name in being the fastest over one lap in the same machinery. It would have been a blood bath.
Button's only McLaren pole came from McLaren giving Lewis the wrong fucking wing in Spa.

Hackbert

KARUN CHANDHOK: Been to see cars at Turn 3, 4 and 5 now. The Ferrari and Mercedes are in a class of their own. I find it really interesting that the Mercedes looks to have much less rake than the Red Bull or Force India who have traditionally had the higher rear ride height, but also less than the Ferrari. They're obviously still generating the front downforce somehow. At turn 5 it's clear that the driveability and traction from the Merc is still the gold standard though.

oh man, can it be q3 in australia already.

nny

I think it's nice of McLaren to paint their car with orange as an homage to track stewards, seeing how much work they will give them this year.

Could Ferrari really be promising, or...

Raikkonen fastest on the penultimate day of testing

FERRARI TESTING KIMI RAIKKONEN
03 Mar 2016
Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen set the fastest time seen so far in Formula One pre-season testing on Thursday, as the teams completed their penultimate day's running at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya in Spain.

Oh.

Ohhh.

I guess testing means shit after all.

mclem

I think it's nice of McLaren to paint their car with orange as an homage to track stewards, seeing how much work they will give them this year.

Don't be silly, they did it so it's the same colour as a flight recorder, to make it nice and easy to find after the engine fails.

Zaru

Even if Ferrari had the exact same race pace as the Mercs, the latter's ridiculous quali boost performance combined with the expected difficulty of following cars means it's all useless.

03 Mar 2016
Ferrari’s Kimi Raikkonen set the fastest time seen so far in Formula One pre-season testing on Thursday, as the teams completed their penultimate day’s running at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya in Spain.

Oh.

Ohhh.

To quote my friend Drake:

"I get it, I get it, I swear that I get it, I get it, I get it
We did it, we did it, we did it, we did it"

Zeknurn

I'd feel more sorry for Vandoorne. The most promising rookie since Hamilton and he gets put in a career ending shitbox.

I'm not saying they've got a killer package in hiding but Red Bull's fastest laps in the last few years of testing have been way down the order compared to their in-season performance.

"

Their in season performance last year was way off Mercedes though.

Even if Ferrari had the exact same race pace as the Mercs, the latter's ridiculous quali boost performance combined with the expected difficulty of following cars means it's all useless.

Honestly, I'd be happy with them occasionally being able to get ahead when Merc screw up their strategies, rather than 20+ seconds down the road.

Unrelated, I think someone will do a 1:18 tomorrow just for the fun of it.

BigAl1992

poor Alonso.

I take no joy in seeing Alonso like this. The guy's a genuine talent, he deserves a better car than this, as does vandoorne. At this rate, I'd rather see Alonso driving for Porsche or Toyota in the WEC. Anything that's better than this fucking car that McLaren and Honda have.

Zaru

Vandoorne will probably say that his Super Formula ride was faster, and that's probably true.

Super Formula cars are pretty fucking great for what they are. In 2015, they lacked a good 350+ bhp to a Mercedes F1 engine but lapped Suzuka only 5 seconds slower - putting them well into the 107% rule.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
Honda should stick an old CART or IRL engine back there and see what happens.

If they stick a CART engine in there, they'd probably break every lap record. If they stick an IRL engine in there, you probably wouldn't notice a difference.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.

03 Mar 2016
Ferrari’s Kimi Raikkonen set the fastest time seen so far in Formula One pre-season testing on Thursday, as the teams completed their penultimate day’s running at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya in Spain.

Oh.

Ohhh.

Ssshhhh...don't point that out, you're likely to be lynched around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom