• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Pre-Season |OT| The Ferrari is good this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclem

Trying to remember here: What was the site that had parodies of Formula 1 in the form of fake twitter conversations between various F1 personalities, each of whom had distinct identities?

Zaru

Fyi F1 2016 is on sale on PS4 in Europe. Lowest price so far I believe (23.79€), I'm probably going to buy it. :)

Most time I've spent with a racing game since Grand Prix 3.
Stay away from online though, people are fucking nuts and will ruin your day.

Some people were already invited to "pre-season testing" for the 2017 game, and I'm wondering what the fuck people could even play there considering the cars were still big unknowns...

On a different note, taken from Autosport:

A failure to find chunks of time when switching to super-soft/ultra-soft rubber was a bit of a theme last week. That's been put down to a combination of factors.

This new generation of tyre generally seems to be a bit harder across the compounds. There's also a struggle to get them into the optimum working temperature range because it's a bit cold. And as the two softest compounds are not designed to be used at this track performance can fall away.

Regarding that last point, we've often seen personal bests/outright bests in the first sector, but then the overall time not improve.
So for anything above Softs, the difference might really be marginal on this track in these conditions.

Juicy Bob

Guess which team out of all ten has posted the slowest ultimate lap of all five and a half days of testing so far?

If you guessed McLaren, you're winner.

Juicy Bob

Wonderboy is popular...
URzQ2j5.jpg

dgcoHo3.jpg

beUeCle.jpg

xrnzaaas

Most time I've spent with a racing game since Grand Prix 3.
Stay away from online though, people are fucking nuts and will ruin your day.

I rarely play online even in racing games so that's not an issue for me. :) Normally I wouldn't buy F1 2016, because I own the 2015 edition, but I know that they've improved a lot of things. :)

Did it get a Pro patch?

I don't think it did.

Aiii

So not worth it
Good to see RBR doing stuff like this. Liberty opened up the paddock for fans, so I'm glad a team like Red Bull uses it to have some signing sessions as well.

F1 getting more accessible to fans, live shows from the paddock on Facebook, the F1 App getting live timing from testing. And all that in just over a month of Liberty being in power, good on them.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Rumour on Sky Sports F1's live blog is that McLaren are due for yet another engine change.
Oh god when I tweeted to McLaren that they were changing their engine I swear I was joking.

Fucking hell.

BigAl1992

Oh god when I tweeted to McLaren that they were changing their engine I swear I was joking.

Fucking hell.

Well you may want to hang tight, because the team have now said that the hold up is part the day's schedule. Even I don't know what's up with them anymore. The whole testing season has been farcical for them.

EDIT: Beaten

Well you may want to hang tight, because the team have now said that the hold up is part of the day's schedule. Even I don't know what's up with them anymore. The whole testing season has been farcical for them.

That's because they are scheduling in engine changes...

Zaru

Kind of a day to forget for Ferrari in terms of mileage and results, but at least the hype train gets some well-needed brake-

Sergio Marchionne: 'Ferrari must be unbeatable again'

goddammit

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Well you may want to hang tight, because the team have now said that the hold up is part the day's schedule. Even I don't know what's up with them anymore. The whole testing season has been farcical for them.

EDIT: Beaten
Their schedules include not running for 4 hours? The time it takes their mechanics to change the engine.

Sureeeeeee guys.

Now they won't even admit how much disarray they are in and are claiming all is well while the house burns behind them. Pathetic.

I really really feel sorry for the guys working their arse off at their Woking HQ, making a car that is being let down by such a joke of an e fine supplier.

Also, are we sure the fluid systems check wasn't code for Kimi downing a bottle of Finnish Vodka? Just checking.

RSP

Guys, are Renault, Red Bull and Torro Rosso all using the same engine this year? No difference in power output or anything?

RSP

Correct all 3 will be the same.

Cool. I assume all teams will also receive updates at the same time? Weird to think that TR could potentially outperform RB just based on driver skill and team performance. The way it should be to be honest ...

BigAl1992

Who made the engine in the McLaren P1?

McLaren bought the right for it from Tom Walkinshaw Racing (which in itself was based off a nissan engine) that was meant for indycar racing, but never used. Interesting to note that it's developed with help from Ricardo plc. Then again, it's a V8, so how they'd managed to make a competitive V6 from it is another question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom