• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 - Brazilian Grand Prix 2016 |OT| We've Got A Message For You...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevasleep

Charlie: Are you not entertained?

Fae4MFw.png

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
Whiting you undecisive fuck, you gotta wonder what qualifies him to direct a race

And what if there's a fatal accident? Charlie's the one that would have to live with that responsibility.

I know he can be indecisive, but look at all the armchair experts on gaf taking the piss out of Whiting for the safety car, and two minutes later? *boom*. There goes Raikkonen.

dakun

People should get a refund in case we don't get a race.

Liberty Media probably just got a good idea as to where to start improving F1

Juicy Bob

I really don't understand what people aren't understanding about this.

Last time they tried to restart, they didn't even cross the fucking line before a car crashed in a STRAIGHT LINE.

How can Charlie Whiting feel confident restarting the race when the conditions were no better - maybe even worse - then they were during the last restart attempt that almost ended in disaster?

Yes, this fucking sucks. But literally what else can he do?

Might as well break for an hour to get a substantial decrease in rain so one more restart attempt could be successful. Boring to watch but it's the best chance at getting full distance.

And what if there's a fatal accident? Charlie's the one that would have to live with that responsibility.

I know he can be indecisive, but look at all the armchair experts on gaf taking the piss out of Whiting for the safety car, and two minutes later? *boom*. There goes Raikkonen.
Knowing what we know of the weather forecast WHY RESTART IT? Also it's a pattern that's constant with this race director, what's more if safety was his prime directive he would've never started the race

I really don't understand what people aren't understanding about this.

Last time they tried to restart, they didn't even cross the fucking line before a car crashed in a STRAIGHT LINE.

How can Charlie Whiting feel confident restarting the race when the conditions were no better - maybe even worse - then they were during the last restart attempt that almost ended in disaster?

Yes, this fucking sucks. But literally what else can he do?

In the end, yes, I agree with you. As disappointing as it is, I wouldn't want any driver to be hurt by a big crash out there.

BearPawB

Banned
This is why I don't understand people constantly getting excited about rain.
It is clear current F1 wants nothing to do with it

Zeknurn

If the lower formula cars are better than F1 cars at driving in the wet, maybe they should ban wet weather racing until they have fixed the cars.

Moozo

Why are people saying it's over? There's over two hours left on the clock. Or is the forecast literally not going to get better in that time?

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
Knowing what we know of the weather forecast WHY RESTART IT? Also it's a pattern that's constant with this race director, what's more if safety was his prime directive he would've never started the race

He's got world class drivers telling him that the conditions are good enough to race and other world class drivers telling him the conditions aren't good enough. Add on some ever changing weather and impartial advice coming from an experienced safety car driver and no doubt some pressure from the crowds/sponsors and rights holders to do his best to get the race going.

All of that plus responsibility for any unfortunate incidents that can happen. Not such an easy job, huh?

McNum

I wish the "Extreme Wet" tires actually could handle extreme wet like this. Do we need a Super-Extreme Wet tire next year?

I get that FIA might want to play this carefully. Best to have all drivers come home unharmed. If the cars can't handle it, then the cars can't handle it. So... make cars that can!

He's got world class drivers telling him that the conditions are good enough to race and other world class drivers telling him the conditions aren't good enough. Add on some ever changing weather and impartial advice coming from an experienced safety car driver and no doubt some pressure from the crowds/sponsors and rights holders to do his best to get the race going.

All of that plus responsibility for any unfortunate incidents that can happen. Not such an easy job, huh?
The maybe he shouldn't be on that job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom