• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Yoritomo

1. There's a good reason it could be a bug and unintentional. Copy and pasted code, or a code path that intersects with the code path for a 270 degree wheel. 270 wheel have speed sensitive steering but for obvious reason need full sensitivity when counter steering, so all the logic for the adjustment exists there. 900 degree wheels do not have speed sensitive steering but just like 270 degree wheels they increase in sensitivity when counter steering.

2. That is not a fix for the 900 degree wheel bug. It's only mimicking a 270 degree wheel. If you remember 270 degree wheels have speed sensitive steering. What it does do is make counter steering 1 to 1. So while counter steering is now fixed, actual steering at speed might as well be with a wheel with 3000 degrees rotation. You can tell because the wheel and in game cockpit view wheel no longer sync up for the center 160 degrees or so. It isn't 1 to 1 and therefore isn't a fix.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
HocusPocus said:
Wished they hadn't wasted their time with the Kinect crap, and put in night / weather. That's the only flaw I see.
Yep, it's a gimmick. Although, I kind of love the headtracking.

derFeef

HocusPocus said:
Wished they hadn't wasted their time with the Kinect crap, and put in night / weather. That's the only flaw I see.
Kinect integration is probably much easier than night and weather, not to speak of hardware limitations.

The_Monk

Wazzim said:
FFFFFFFFuuuuuuuu!

Friday is going to take so long :(
Fucking Europe gets screwed once again.

I know that feeling, bro.

We need to create a European therapy waiting group. It's going to be a looong way until friday, or, at worst next monday...

Be sure to check my profile and add my GT guys, I know some of you already added me, thank you.

Yoritomo said:
2. That is not a fix for the 900 degree wheel bug. It's only mimicking a 270 degree wheel. If you remember 270 degree wheels have speed sensitive steering. What it does do is make counter steering 1 to 1. So while counter steering is now fixed, actual steering at speed might as well be with a wheel with 3000 degrees rotation. You can tell because the wheel and in game cockpit view wheel no longer sync up for the center 160 degrees or so. It isn't 1 to 1 and therefore isn't a fix.
Help me with this. Never mind what the telemetry says, the actual steering seems to be what you'd expect though. No?

it bums me out a bit that selected people here were given freebie copies while I have to go pay for my copy next friday (uk release date sucks) it's a really annoying turn off along with the over priced and limited to game/gamestation LE at full RRP.

It's a dick thing to do.

AMUSIX said:
It's the Renesis 20B, yes, but I don't think I'd compare it to what sits in a Cosmo...I'm just surprised that they had the classic 20B in F2 and F3, but wouldn't have it here. I'd expect them to just add the Furai's engine and also give the option of swapping in the Renesis from the RX8
Why would anyone want to downgrade an FD from an REW to a renesis... :p
And also, why double up on 20Bs? Besides, having the word "Cosmo" associated with an engine 'upgrade' was a bit strange in the first place... If anything, a 4-rotor (26B) would be the most obvious engine transplant inclusion!!!

The should just add a first gen rx7 as dlc, I'd be happy with a ported 12A.

Seanspeed

Banned
Diablohead said:
it bums me out a bit that selected people here were given freebie copies while I have to go pay for my copy next friday (uk release date sucks) it's a really annoying turn off along with the over priced and limited to game/gamestation LE at full RRP.

It's a dick thing to do.
I hope you're being sarcastic...

If not, then no offense or anything, but what makes you so special?

Or are you just being grumpy due to the wait? :)

Seanspeed said:

That avatar alone is worth a green disc :p

Seanspeed said:

being a grumpy git, I don't want anything but knowing about it puts me in the dumps.

Shitty LE doesn't help at £60 price tag

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Diablohead said:

It's a dick thing to do.

I'm still buying my LE. Supporting T10 100%, if I didn't have to save some money because I have alot of expenses in the near future I would have pressed on wiyj the tri-monitor setup, I just need another 360, two more LCD LED monitors and 2 more copies of forza (1 if the green disc worked as a copy) but it's all good I'll do it eventually.

Can't imagine triscreen + headtracking..

Also the amount of space I have for all of this is very limited :(

skyfinch

Slayer-33 said:
I'm still buying my LE. Supporting T10 100%, if I didn't have to save some money because I have alot of expenses in the near future I would have pressed on the tri-monitor setup, I just need another 360, two more LCD LED monitors and 2 more copies of forza (1 if the green disc worked as a copy) but it's all good I'll do it eventually.

Can't imagine triscreen + headtracking..

Also the amount of space I have for all of this is very limited :(

Were there things in the green disc that were locked?

saladine1

evil_as_skeletor said:
Why would anyone want to downgrade an FD from an REW to a renesis... :p
And also, why double up on 20Bs? Besides, having the word "Cosmo" associated with an engine 'upgrade' was a bit strange in the first place... If anything, a 4-rotor (26B) would be the most obvious engine transplant inclusion!!!

The should just add a first gen rx7 as dlc, I'd be happy with a ported 12A.
Fuck yeah. Nothing beats the sound of an older buzz box.
Although, we should be getting the RX3 through DLC at some stage so i'm looking forward to that even more. Perhaps some Aussie drag scene replicas wouldn't go astray?

SPEEDxNASTY

Neo Member
A lot of the recent pictures I see on FM.net are nice but too dark and hurts my eyes, like most of the HDR (high dynamic range) shots.
I prefer photo-realistic shots more, feels more natural and less artificial.

hdrwp.jpg

6219233697_d40c066b8a_z.jpg

Anyway, that's just my opinion, here's some more shots that I liked from FM.net.

24y3438.jpg

6222254986_bd59626589_z.jpg

6221776417_4538aa80b8_z.jpg

6222297196_0c0d86b138_z.jpg

fm405.png

6221506095_060bcdb44e_z.jpg

6218719072_d4efc9418c_z.jpg

6218491237_4ec683960e_z.jpg

6215726925_cb0535213d_z.jpg

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
skyfinch said:
Were there things in the green disc that were locked?

In autovista mode I don't hear any menu music I think you are supposed to hear some bg music because I heard it before in some of the videos, there's some locked DLC (the ones you know about already) and other details that lead me to believe that it'll get patched or be updated for retail.

We'll see soon enough.

SPEEDxNASTY said:
A lot of the recent pictures I see on FM.net are nice but too dark and hurts my eyes, like most of the HDR (high dynamic range) shots.
I prefer photo-realistic shots more, feels more natural and less artificial.

You like my shots?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31624291&postcount=515

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31621679&postcount=483

I try to get some good settings, still learning how to get better composition.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
HocusPocus said:

thank you for the laugh first thing in the morning

Yoritomo

Big Takeover said:
Help me with this. Never mind what the telemetry says, the actual steering seems to be what you'd expect though. No?

Depends on how fast you're going. Turn drift mode up, get going fast, pull up telemetry. Spin the wheel to full lock and you'll see it's only about 30% of the actual input on telemetry. That's due to the speed sensitive steering.

saladine1 said:
Fuck yeah. Nothing beats the sound of an older buzz box.
Although, we should be getting the RX3 through DLC at some stage so i'm looking forward to that even more. Perhaps some Aussie drag scene replicas wouldn't go astray?
I made a PAC themed rx7 in FM3, looking forward to porting it over and doing more with it. If there was an RX3 and Mazda mx6, this would be a spot on design.

Ps. I can gift it to you if you want to work on it. It's very very very far from perfect, but all the elements are there. Perhaps you could make it look good...

amar212

Megasoum said:
Reposting here since I didn't get an answer. Somebody with the full game can help me with this?

And when we're onto this stuff already, what about quailifing? Especially in online races? Anyone know?

saladine1

evil_as_skeletor said:
I made a PAC themed rx7 in FM3, looking forward to porting it over and doing more with it. If there was an RX3 and Mazda mx6, this would be a spot on design.

Ps. I can gift it to you if you want to work on it. It's very very very far from perfect, but all the elements are there. Perhaps you could make it look good...
The last thing anyone would want to do is give me a livery duty. I suck big time.
I just download other people's designs and call it a day.

shinnn

saladine1 said:
Why, what do you suggest?
Forza 4 |OT| Turn gamers into car lovers and car lovers into gamers
Forza 4 |OT| Turn 10 love letter to car lovers
Forza 4 |OT| The king is dead, long live the king

I don't know.. I read the title as a joke/sarcasm to Turn 10 speech, and not a praise for what they did in all these years. The last one is a bit of trolling, but it is real and a BIG achievement for Turn 10.

one more:
Forza 4 |OT| Beards :)

AMUSIX

amar212 said:
And when we're onto this stuff already, what about quailifing? Especially in online races? Anyone know?
No qualifying offline. I even was given a race that was named 'qualifying heat', but it was just a normal 12 car race run on Hock during the day, while the next 'heat' was just the same 12 car race run on Hock during the evening. Both races were scored and rewarded individually and pretty much the same.

shinnn said:

I don't know.. I read the title as a joke/sarcasm to Turn 10 speech, and not a praise for what they did in all these years. The last one is a bit of trolling, but it is real and a BIG achievement for Turn 10.

one more:
I put heart and love into that title.

iamcenok

Just 2 quick questions.

Does anybody know if you can set how the in game camera will be at the start of the race? I hate the fact in the demo, as soon as the race starts I have to tap the change view button to get the view I prefer (outside the car).

And also, pop up headlights -- do they work at all? I doubt as usual you can turn headlights on (unless I missed something) but if you could atleast pop headlights up I'd be happy.

Shaneus

Meisadragon said:
Worth trying lol.

But damn, Kinect's voice-recognition is awesome. So impressed.
I have a horrible feeling that Australians won't get it... we still don't have *regular* Kinect voice support!
SarBear said:
Girlfriend.
This thread is now about SarBear's girlfriend.

saladine1

shinnn said:

one more:
As much as I love the OT, I have to agree with you there. I mean, this is a BIG game for Turn 10 and MS, and would be better if the title has a more serious vibe to it. I would love to see 'The king is dead, long live the king' but troll face would rear his ugly mug so a more subtle title would be in order. Or perhaps Forza 4 |OT| Beards would suffice lol.

op_ivy

iamcenok said:
Just 2 quick questions.

Does anybody know if you can set how the in game camera will be at the start of the race? I hate the fact in the demo, as soon as the race starts I have to tap the change view button to get the view I prefer (outside the car).

And also, pop up headlights -- do they work at all? I doubt as usual you can turn headlights on (unless I missed something) but if you could atleast pop headlights up I'd be happy.

it should stay as the last camera used.

no pop up headlights.

Shaneus

saladine1 said:
As much as I love the OT, I have to agree with you there. I mean, this is a BIG game for Turn 10 and MS, and would be better if the title has a more serious vibe to it. I would love to see 'The king is dead, long live the king' but troll face would rear his ugly mug so a more subtle title would be in order. Or perhaps Forza 4 |OT| Beards would suffice lol.
It's a shame we couldn't get away with F1 references. I'd love to see something like "Not bad for a 7-year-old console". Maybe "Turning car game lovers into Xbox 360 lovers" or something.

op_ivy

Forza 4 |OT| I thought I was playing Project Gotham
Forza 4 |OT| T10 labeled "Track Day" and "Autocross" for modes that are not really track days or autocrosses

those would be my picks

the current one is more then sufficient - i like it

AMUSIX

on the thread title...the current one is just a string of everything Turn 10 has been ridiculed for saying/repeating.....is that a bad thing?

Or is it not supposed to be mocking Turn 10?

Gek54

Big Takeover said:

When I use that method is creates a horrible dead zone in the center. Not a true dead zone but it reduces the input greatly, its not a better alternative.

Top Bottom