• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Xanadu

Banned
you guys think they would add in different times of day for nurb in DLC or something? or maybe behemoth in DLC with time of day, i hate overcast

D6AMIA6N

BestBuy cancelled my LE due to demand, but gave me a $20 giftcard and 1600 MS points instead. Did this happen to anyone else? Sort of sad but the $20 and points more then makes up for it in my opinion.

Proelite said:
Speaking of spoilers, we should make a spoilers thread for Forza the day after it releases.
Not sure if serious....

It is a car game, with cars. We know the cars and we know the tracks. Outside of the "bonus cars" what other possible spoilers could be in this game? And when did people get so insane and illogical about spoilers in games?

Not sure if this has been said, but Amazon now has a $10 promotional credit with the purchase of Forza 4. I'm pretty sure it's just the standard edition since the LCEs are sold out.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
wow @ level 11,
classic rally heaven
, what a choice!

m0dus said:
Hey, I need some suggestions for official liveried cars for the club garage. Plan on uploading a few today and tomorrow. Already got my Trueno up there . . .
Pick whatever you like. You can't go wrong. Throw enough credits at any turd, and it can be made to shine.

Interesting, that video of all the bonus cars is different than what I have seen. Some of them are the same, but they are showing cars I never saw and I had options that aren't showing also. It seems that even the bonus cars are also dynamic to a point.

guest1321

D6AMIA6N said:
BestBuy cancelled my LE due to demand, but gave me a $20 giftcard and 1600 MS points instead. Did this happen to anyone else? Sort of sad but the $20 and points more then makes up for it in my opinion.
Someone mentioned this happening to them n the previous page. That deal was coupled with the purchase of the regular edition right?

ALSO: Anyone looking to add a fellow GAFfer to race with, add: Guest1321 :) (no smiley in name)

D6AMIA6N

guest1321 said:
Someone mentioned this happening to them n the previous page. That deal was coupled with the purchase of the regular edition right?

ALSO: Anyone looking to add a fellow GAFfer to race with, add: Guest1321 :) (no smiley in name)
Correct.

Add me too! GT: D6AMIA6N

ruxtpin

Banned
D6AMIA6N said:

Happened to me too. I figured it was worth it as well.

p3tran

Banned
Spaceman Spiff said:
detomaso pantera '71, so mine @level 16 8)

with the sound improvements and everything, I'll be spending a lot of time tuning some old classics. its gonna be something special to look & listen to.

amar212 said:
What is that "David vs. Goliath" reference?

Who is David and who Goliath in that metaphore?

And yes, OP should be changed. Whay don't opt for real-life game official motto, as for GT5?

Forza 4. Where Dreams are Driven. Clean, simple and non-intrusive in any way.

my real-life suggestion: Forza 4|OT| - FUCK YEAH!!!

The_Monk

I was wondering if it would be a good idea to have a European GAF Club since we're getting the game after the US version and because the Car Club can only have 100 people in it (am I right?) chances are, it will be full really fast.

Just an idea, not sure what you guys thing.

One more week for me to get my LE. Can't wait...!

dejay

Banned
The_Monk said:
I was wondering if it would be a good idea to have a European GAF Club since we're getting the game after the US version and once the Car Club can only have 100 people in it (am I right?) chances are, it will be full really fast.

Just an idea, not sure what you guys thing.

One more week for me to get my LE. Can't wait...!

There are a lot of people clamoring to get in now, but as cjelly rightly put it, most of those will not participate much after the first few weeks. I'm interested in rivals mode, but won't be racing too much online, especially at the beginning, so I wouldn't want to take a slot.

Saying that, a NA GAF club, a EuroGAF club and an AusGAF club might not be a bad thing - some friendly rivalry perhaps.

I take it we can belong to more than one club at a time??

The_Monk

dejay said:
There are a lot of people clamoring to get in now, but as cjelly rightly put it, most of those will not participate much after the first few weeks. I'm interested in rivals mode, but won't be racing too much online, especially at the beginning, so I wouldn't want to take a slot.

Saying that, a NA GAF club, a EuroGAF club and an AusGAF club might not be a bad thing - some friendly rivalry perhaps.

Fine by me. Yes, I believe you could.

All I want is some GAFfers added on my XBL friends list.

Reason is, 360 is not my main console and if I can choose, I rather have some good kind GAF people who also like cars than randoms. I'm interested in online races, but first I need to get better at it.

Spaceman Spiff said:
All 50 career driver level reward cars (Gamespot)

Might be spoilers for some, (not sure how that works with racing games but whatever), but it may help you plan your purchases accordingly. Then again, FM4 apparently throws credits at you constantly, so it may not be an issue.

HNNNNNNGGG @ selection of cars.

Looks like I dont have to purchase that many cars considering a lot of them will be available as prizes. T10 setting the bar for how prize cars should be :D

cjelly said:
Damn, can't believe they put the
Warthog
as the level 50 reward.
??? The
Warthog
is not a level 50 reward. You unlock it by
completing all the Autovista challenges.

Reprise

Neo Member
It's Bathurst race day here in Aus and i'm seeing a couple of Forza ads already :)

Not seeing Le Mans in the track list on the game site (unless i'm blind) but i'm sure i've seen it in videos?

Seanspeed

Banned
dejay said:

Dont know how true it is, but I've heard you can only be in one club at a time.

AMUSIX

Reprise said:
It's Bathurst race day here in Aus and i'm seeing a couple of Forza ads already :)

Not seeing Le Mans in the track list on the game site (unless i'm blind) but i'm sure i've seen it in videos?

Le Mans is in it...the Bugatti Circuit is not.

Oh, and not sure if it ever got answered, but, no, there are no endurance races.

Edit: also, no painting stock rims, if that wasn't answered either.

Just messing around in menus right now, if anyone has any specific questions.

Also, the Furai power plant has a HUGE disadvantage compared to the old 20B...when you install it, the game disables all power upgrades to the engine...so there's absolutely no reason to use it unless you want to make a substandard S-class car. Wish I had known that before dropping the credits on it.

Hawk269

Anyone else feel a little releived that there seems to be no major issues with the game based on reviews and those that have it early? I know with F3, the whole Photo thing got really out of control. Months and months of awesome shots from T10, then we get the game and it was compression city on our photo's. Or the fucked up on-line modes of F3 as well.

It just seems like T10 really hit it this time...and for me the only real thing that they could of done better with is more new tracks. As much as I am looking forward to the game, I do wish we had at minimum 4 more new track enviroments.

AMUSIX

Hawk269 said:
Anyone else feel a little releived that there seems to be no major issues with the game based on reviews and those that have it early? I know with F3, the whole Photo thing got really out of control. Months and months of awesome shots from T10, then we get the game and it was compression city on our photo's. Or the fucked up on-line modes of F3 as well.

It just seems like T10 really hit it this time...and for me the only real thing that they could of done better with is more new tracks. As much as I am looking forward to the game, I do wish we had at minimum 4 more new track enviroments.
I really agree on the lack of tracks thing...very much feeling it as I'm playing through career. Yeah there are a few new locations (Hock, Indy, Infineon, Alps, TopGear) but overall, I just don't have the feeling of experiencing a greatly expanded racing world. I will admit that Hock is more enjoyable than i expected, but Top Gear REALLY feels like little more than a skidpad. Even Benchmark provides kore interest.

Oh, but Infineon has quickly become one of my favorites.

D6AMIA6N said:
Correct.

Add me too! GT: D6AMIA6N
guest1321 said:

I sent both of you a friend request. If anybody else wants to add me, GT: VindictiveGnome
I love racing games, but don't know anything about cars. I only played a little of Forza 2 & 3. I have always loved everything Forza 2 & 3 (menus, customization, community features, etc.) had to offer, except the slow feel. I just couldn't get past it. Thankfully, that's fixed in 4. Love it! IMO, Forza 4 is vastly superior to 2 & 3. Can't wait until Tuesday!

Shaneus

bloodforge said:
Forza is in need of some great city courses.
FM4 needs the ability to do a track import of all the courses (save for the night one, obv) in PGR4, like a third add-on disc.

op_ivy

really hoping we get an announcement of track DLC this year. there are so many tracks that would be incredible with the new driving model - including many that the forza series has had in the past (POSITANO!).

if you build it, i will buy it

Hawk269

AMUSIX said:
I really agree on the lack of tracks thing...very much feeling it as I'm playing through career. Yeah there are a few new locations (Hock, Indy, Infineon, Alps, TopGear) but overall, I just don't have the feeling of experiencing a greatly expanded racing world. I will admit that Hock is more enjoyable than i expected, but Top Gear REALLY feels like little more than a skidpad. Even Benchmark provides kore interest.

Oh, but Infineon has quickly become one of my favorites.

You know something though, I think T10 is really missing the boat on their own made tracks. In Forza 3 when they first started showing it at trade shows, to the press events, demo's etc...what did they let people play? Camino Viejo. Fast forward to F4 and the same thing, this time it is the Bernese Alps. Why? Well apparently for 2 games now T10 is so proud of their work on these fictional tracks that they let these in-house created tracks lead the charge in promoting their new games.

If they are so proud and confident about the in-house built tracks that they put enough trust and faith in them to lead the charge of announcing/displaying and eventually letting all the potential buyers download a demo that showcases a in-house track, why arent there fucking more of them?

T10 has proven they know what makes a fun track. For me, some of the best tracks in Forza 1, 2, 3 have been fictional tracks. Yes, I love real world tracks, but obviously T10 beleives in fictional tracks enough to allow 2 games now to be showcased with fictional tracks.

I hope we dont get jerked over with only car DLC this time. We do need more track variety and aside from 2-3 well know real tracks, we really need more variety in the tracks. Give me 2 less months of DLC cars for at least 1 more track with 2-4 ribbons.

Hell, they have layouts and data for new tracks in Forza 1...can you imagine Blue Mountains Raceway or Alpine Ring or Rio with this new revamped engine? Can you imagine the variety in tracks and events in single player if they had 3-4 additional fictional enviroments? How about some city tracks...they are all but extinct now in Forza 4. Rio, a new updated New York or Long Beach would be amazing. Anyone play Long Beacb in PGR? Amazing track and layout!

I enjoyed my time with Forza 3, it has some issues that people jumped on but what game doesn't?

GT5 was always looming in the background and hype ran wild, personally I always wanted the next Forza to have a larger grid, nicer lighting at a solid 60fps (couldn't imagine it would happen this gen) with better handling - that would have done me just fine.

As it happens Turn10 did all that and much more, I'm happy the game is getting the kind of scrores it has.

I'll be dissapointed if there's little or no track DLC.

edit: I forgot who I was replying to.

Mascot

Shaneus said:
FM4 needs the ability to do a track import of all the courses (save for the night one, obv) in PGR4, like a third add-on disc.

Shall we start a rumour that if you eject the second FM4 disc exactly thirty seconds into its install, then insert a PGR4 disc, all the PGR4 tracks are added into FM4. Works with the Shift 2 disc too.

That's what I heard anyway. Some kid did it and it worked.

Shaneus

SarBear said:
Anyone who has Forza 4 wanna gift me a S204 is Forza 3?

Pwomise I'll return the favor at some point!
Pretty sure it's not possible to gift it if you have one. It was a unicorn in 3 and I think the only way it can be obtained in 4 is if you buy it on the marketplace thing for an extremely high amount or get it gifted from a T10 employee somehow.

Mascot said:
Shall we start a rumour that if you eject the second FM4 disc exactly thirty seconds into its install, then insert a PGR4 disc, all the PGR4 tracks are added into FM4. Works with the Shift 2 disc too.

That's what I heard anyway. Some kid did it and it worked.
Yeah, I actually did that with the FM4 demo. Fire up the demo with the PGR4 disc in and you can drive all the cars around the PGR4 tracks. With weather.

AMUSIX

Turn10 makes GREAT fictional tracks...definitely. Forza3 brought so many good ones. Montserrat had 7 fun ribbons, Positano was out of this world, Fujimi as well, Sedona was a fun take on the typical oval, and Benchmark was a blast.

For F4 all we get is three ribbons in the Alps...I really don't get it. It's not like they went big on bringing real-world tracks to the game. The track list will definitely be the Achilles heel of the game, making it feel like Forza3.5 for a lot of people.

Hawk269

AMUSIX said:
Le Mans is in it...the Bugatti Circuit is not.

Oh, and not sure if it ever got answered, but, no, there are no endurance races.

Edit: also, no painting stock rims, if that wasn't answered either.

Just messing around in menus right now, if anyone has any specific questions.

Also, the Furai power plant has a HUGE disadvantage compared to the old 20B...when you install it, the game disables all power upgrades to the engine...so there's absolutely no reason to use it unless you want to make a substandard S-class car. Wish I had known that before dropping the credits on it.

Are pit-stops the same POS that was in Forza 2 & 3? When I play larger courses with multiple laps it is fun to use pit stop strategy..especially in multi-player...when I go into the pits in F2 or F3 regardless of the condition of the car, the pit-stop is still the same amount of time. It would be nice when you are playing a very long on-line race that if you just want fresh tires, that is what you get or just fuel for a shorter pit stop.

Ha! I never noticed it before, but Forza 4 has avatar awards you can unlock. There is an Autovista shirt and a stopwatch hat.

Can anyone else find a way to replay the opening movie with Clarkson? I want to show it to people, but I can't find a way to actually see it again. If I leave the game on the main menu, I get a different movie. I really hope we can actually watch it more than the first time we play the game.

Edit: I wish SarBear! The Unicorns seem to be completely locked like they were in Forza 3. If we share them in the club, you can use them. I will be sure to share mine when I connect to Live on Monday.

BTW, this game is amazing. It is really hard to put it down and do "real life" stuff because you get into the "just one more race" mentality.

Mascot

Hawk269 said:
Anyone else feel a little releived that there seems to be no major issues with the game based on reviews and those that have it early?

I'm relieved. The shadow glitch in FM3 really pissed me off until it was eventually patched. It was like a beautiful woman coming on to you with a blood bogey stuck in one of her nostrils. You definitely would, but it's annoyingly distracting.

Hawk269

AMUSIX said:
Turn10 makes GREAT fictional tracks...definitely. Forza3 brought so many good ones. Montserrat had 7 fun ribbons, Positano was out of this world, Fujimi as well, Sedona was a fun take on the typical oval, and Benchmark was a blast.

For F4 all we get is three ribbons in the Alps...I really don't get it. It's not like they went big on bringing real-world tracks to the game. The track list will definitely be the Achilles heel of the game, making it feel like Forza3.5 for a lot of people.

If there was a log of how much time people spent on each aspect of the game, I can guarantee you that Autovista will be one of the lest used portions of the game. I think it is a neat feature, I think the way the cars look in that mode are very impressive...but once you seen all the cars in Autovista and listened to all the recorded dialog, who is really going to go back to it again?

I just think they wasted alot of time for a function of the game that will get used 1 time or so per car and that is it. Yeah, I can see me showing it off to friends when they come over, but once I seen everything there is to see on one car, I am not going to do it again over and over.

Tracks, cars that you race on tracks are going to be the most used functions, picture taking and livery editor. But the meat of the game is spent racing cars on racing circuits and if the one thing the game has a little bit of a shallow part of the pool and that is in it's tracks and track variety.

Like you pointed out....they made a hell of an enviroment with the Alps, why only 3 ribbons? Why not make a 3rd ribbon out of Mapple Valley? Instead, they removed ribbons from some of the best courses from F3.

Autovista was made to do one thing and one thing only. Give car nuts a boner, but once you dropped your load over Autovista what are going to do??? Yeah, your going to race bitchin cars on some tracks, over and over and over again. We got a shit load of cars, we now need a shit load of variety in tracks.

op_ivy

camino had sooo many ribbons out of it (including iberean and whatever the other one was in the same environment), why wasnt the alps set up the same way? we could have gotten our alpine ring remake in that enviro. really hoping track dlc is prominent, other wise the career and game will get stale fairly quickly with so many recycled tracks

Mascot

AMUSIX said:

Dan must know this. Everyone at Turn 10 must know this. Our only hope at this stage is DLC.
BADNED did confirm that two additional tracks were being worked on but wasn't sure whether they would make it as DLC. Jesus, I hope they do, and I haven't even played the full game yet.

Have any of the reviews mentioned the meagre track count? I've avoided reading any of them so far. I know the scores are fantastic though.

BTW, am I the only person here who likes the new moody 'n' misty Nordschliefe? I think it looks great. Very atmospheric.

ShapeGSX

op_ivy said:
camino had sooo many ribbons out of it (including iberean and whatever the other one was in the same environment), why wasnt the alps set up the same way? we could have gotten our alpine ring remake in that enviro. really hoping track dlc is prominent, other wise the career and game will get stale fairly quickly with so many recycled tracks

There seem to be a number of Alps ribbons in the demo.

AMUSIX

Hawk269 said:
Are pit-stops the same POS that was in Forza 2 & 3? When I play larger courses with multiple laps it is fun to use pit stop strategy..especially in multi-player...when I go into the pits in F2 or F3 regardless of the condition of the car, the pit-stop is still the same amount of time. It would be nice when you are playing a very long on-line race that if you just want fresh tires, that is what you get or just fuel for a shorter pit stop.
Pitting hasn't changed...car gets pulled into the stop...rocks back and forth laughably, you hear the guns firing, and then it sends you on it's way. Same amount of time for a non-needed pit as it is for massive engine damage.

op_ivy

ShapeGSX said:
There seem to be a number of Alps ribbons in the demo.

3, plus reverse. none epic. not even close to the montserrat environment from fm3

Hawk269

AMUSIX said:
Pitting hasn't changed...car gets pulled into the stop...rocks back and forth laughably, you hear the guns firing, and then it sends you on it's way. Same amount of time for a non-needed pit as it is for massive engine damage.

FUCK! Come on Turn 10. This is your 4th game, you would think there would of been some Pit Stop Control added at this point. Sadly, the only game in the series which was not a POS for Pit Stops was Forza 1...yes the original. Oh well. Maybe F5 will have Pit Stops that dont resemble pit stop design from the Atari 2600 days.

Mascot

op_ivy said:

I was part of the forensic investigation at FM.net that uncovered the Extreme circuit at Montserrat for the first time. When it all clicked into place that all three circuits were actually linked... Man. What a buzz.

AMUSIX

Mascot said:
I was part of the forensic investigation at FM.net that uncovered the Extreme circuit at Montserrat for the first time. When it all clicked into place that all three circuits were actually linked... Man. What a buzz.
That whole sequence of realizations was awesome.

And, yeah, Maple Valley needs a third or fourth ribbon.

Top Bottom