• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

eek5

flyinpiranha said:
So, I was messing around with the vinyl editor and I am even more-so doubly amazed at what some of you guys pull off.

Quick question, when you are designing something with layers and such and go through and create a name (trying to think of how I want to create a water-splash looking Flyinpiranha I could tag my cars with) can you save the finished design as just a single icon/paint?

Haven't really spend too much time with it but hopefully will this week.

I have a thread over at FP with info that might help you:

http://www.forzaplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=239

It's super unorganized right now and I'm not sure how to sort it all out but hopefully it helps. If you have any questions let me know; I'm always looking for ways to expand and add to the thread.

The only thing I can't do right now is add my voice to my videos because I don't have a mic set up.

enzo_gt said:
Hey Shortt Sirket would a 512 TR be cool? I'll accept your friend request in a few.
Yup! No prob man! I got called into a shift tonight at GS, so I won't be home until around 10EST. But I will try to send out all the cars then.

Do you guys want to keep doing the guessing thing? Or should we start one of those Events soon? And which one if so? I can also keep doing the Guess the Car game while the events are going on.

eek5

Hey Shortt,
I'm sending you this to put on your storefront. It's probably more useful than a random dollar sign and even people who don't feel like donating will probably want to get their hands on it. ;)

gaforb.jpg

edit: If you bought some of those 50k cr dollar signs post a picture of a car with the vinyl group on it and I'll gift you the gaf logo for unrestricted use. :)

Iknos

I think if you ran time trial a little longer you would have good competition between a dozen or so drivers. There wasn't much time for people to try the last one.

But your efforts are appreciated. It's not for me but getting people involved in the club to boost rankings and all that is nice

I too won't be drifting. Maybe look inti it if T10 patches a fix for sim steering. Also I always get choked when I don't earn credits and affinity.

With the game going gold weeks before release you would think T10 found the bugs and would have started on fixes

Okay, so Jube is amazing. He gave me codes for the Top 10! So I will be sending them out here in a sec. It will be from my phone so please be patient.

And the only reason this Event was so short is because Jube had the codes to give away. Next time it will probably incorporate two weekends to give people enough time.

witness

I added a '11 Volvo S60 R to the club, R3 754. Its completely maxed out and can run with and beat any R3 vehicle. Its a pretty amazing little car.

guest1321

So I just completed 2 events, a total of 7 races. My percentage of game complete went from 8.7% to 9.3% !!! .6% from 7 races. I also looked at an event that I thought I had easily cleared in world tour; I have done 0/5 races. Frustrating to think that all of that time was in vein but what I am coming to see is that world tour and event list are good for accomplishing two different things.
Event List increases your completion of races, and World Tour speeds up the rate at which you increase your driver level.

caramac

Ok awesome, l got my code through. Thanks to all the guys involved in this.

*Edit: l've amassed a fair few in game CR's so l'II put some of these back into the club somehow.

sneaky77

guest1321 said:
So I just completed 2 events, a total of 7 races. My percentage of game complete went from 8.7% to 9.3% !!! .6% from 7 races. I also looked at an event that I thought I had easily cleared in world tour; I have done 0/5 races. Frustrating to think that all of that time was in vein but what I am coming to see is that world tour and event list are good for accomplishing two different things.
Event List increases your completion of races, and World Tour speeds up the rate at which you increase your driver level.

I think in WT you get 1 race out of the 4 or 5 required to clear the event in the event list, so that's why it doesn't check mark the events, I haven't actually tested this theory but thats my take on it lol

eek5

sneaky77 said:
I think in WT you get 1 race out of the 4 or 5 required to clear the event in the event list, so that's why it doesn't check mark the events, I haven't actually tested this theory but thats my take on it lol
This is correct but WT also offers you events that aren't on the event list so sometimes you can end up not checking anything off. There is also nothing that lets you know if you've completed an event before on the WT screen so it's kind of hit or miss.

Thanks, Jube! Very kind of you.

I'm looking forward to exacting my revenge on P3tran next go around. I wish I could have had another session to get into the :23s. My lap was clean, but that's about it for complements.

I like the unique ideas being thrown around for the next showdown. I can't drift or take a picture to save my life, but I'll participate in whatever you cook up.

I'm always up for an impromptu rivals challenge too. Even if it's unsanctioned.

DasRaven

Well, in celebration of Halloween, I decided to complete my "Perfect Drift" achievement/badges/titles in the lovely black/orange Veyron SS.

I actually managed to pull off a 20K point drift later in the session!
So, if you suck at drifting (like me) there is your ticket. You can drift that car without even trying.

I uploaded a photo to my storefront (GT: DasRavenLive) and if 10 of you could vote it 4 or more stars, I'd appreciate it.

guest1321

sneaky77 said:
Right, but I raced an event probably close to 6 times in WT and ended up with 0/5 completed in the events list. That seems a little extreme.
To add to my previous post, I did just get a driver level bonus from racing in the events list. Perhaps I just chose 7 races that were all credit bonus's but I get the feeling that driver level bonus's are awarded far less often in WT.

eek5

guest1321 said:
Right, but I raced an event probably close to 6 times in WT and ended up with 0/5 completed in the events list. That seems a little extreme.
To add to my previous post, I did just get a driver level bonus from racing in the events list. Perhaps I just chose 7 races that were all credit bonus's but I get the feeling that driver level bonus's are awarded far less often in WT.
Well the entire event usually has the same bonus so if you do a +cr bonus event all 5 of the races will give you cr bonuses. I think you can see what bonus you'll be getting at the bottom of the screen. It's a good way to boost a specific mfg bonus. I think that's what skyfinch did for Ferrari (just went through and did all the mfg bonus events)

Gor@n

Neo Member
enzo_gt said:
What happened to daily Cr community bonuses? I didn't get them the past two days..

Same here but i haven't got any credits since friday, might be due to the billion credit glitch and T10 shut it down.

eek5 said:
Maybe they stopped it to work out that billion cr bug?
Yeah, I haven't got any either. They even said they were raising it significantly this week on the Week In Review.

I wonder if it's similar to the problem they are having with gift cars. They mentioned the problem with the PreOrder cars and I know a lot of people haven't got their cars from the Game With Devs night either.

skyfinch

enzo_gt said:
What happened to daily Cr community bonuses? I didn't get them the past two days..

Same here.

eek5 said:
Well the entire event usually has the same bonus so if you do a +cr bonus event all 5 of the races will give you cr bonuses. I think you can see what bonus you'll be getting at the bottom of the screen. It's a good way to boost a specific mfg bonus. I think that's what skyfinch did for Ferrari (just went through and did all the mfg bonus events)

Yes, all bonuses are listed when you pick an event. I tried my best to do races, in world tour, that had cr and driver level bonuses. Once I was done world tour, I jumped to event listing and went for races with affinity bonuses.

guest1321

skyfinch said:
Yes, all bonuses are listed when you pick an event. I tried my best to do races, in world tour, that had cr and driver level bonuses. Once I was done world tour, I jumped to event listing and went for races with affinity bonuses.
Okay cool, I'm not on right now so I can't check but I don't recall seeing a spot that said which events would provide certain bonuses. That makes a lot more sense. I was really concerned that choosing my leveling was going to be immensely gimped in the event list. It seems like this method will work out really well. Skyfinch did you get level 50 affinity for ferrari?

G Rom

I just uploaded the replay of the 15 players race I just did on my storefront (GT is Mc Kane). The lag made it fucking hilarious ! :lol

6300294865_e59d923925_b.jpg

6300827802_e122322ace_b.jpg

skyfinch

guest1321 said:
Okay cool, I'm not on right now so I can't check but I don't recall seeing a spot that said which events would provide certain bonuses. That makes a lot more sense. I was really concerned that choosing my leveling was going to be immensely gimped in the event list. It seems like this method will work out really well. Skyfinch did you get level 50 affinity for ferrari?

Yep. Took 28 hours of driving in Ferraris, but I managed.

Edit, holy crap, G rom. I have to check out that replay.

eek5

guest1321 said:

Here it is:
bonus.jpg

Please don't judge me by my lack of checkmarks. :|

--

Those flying 2-elevens! :lol

guest1321

skyfinch said:
Yep. Took 28 hours of driving in Ferraris, but I managed.
Wow, I am now slightly re-examining my decision to embark on my quest to level 50 affinity. I don't think I have put that much time into the game yet (I definitely will pretty soon), but I don't want to burn myself out by limiting my options for cars that I can drive. Tough choice because I want that cheevo.

eek5 said:
Here it is:
img]http://www.4mul8.net/up/files/1744_d7fho/bonus.jpg[/img

Please don't judge me by my lack of checkmarks. :|
No judgements at all, mine is looking quite similar. Thanks for the info! How did you screen cap that btw?

Question about Rivals mode. My friend is annoyed because all of his rivals for every single event is me, even though my rank is way higher than his in the event leaderboards. Why does this happen? He is one of my club members btw.

sneaky77

Lionheart1827 said:
Question about Rivals mode. My friend is annoyed because all of his rivals for every single event is me, even though my rank is way higher than his in the event leaderboards. Why does this happen? He is one of my club members btw.

You can go to the leaderboard and choose rival

Alright guys, got a new one for tonight. Hopefully this won't be as easy as the other ones.

The winner gets a car of their choice, within reason. Or, if they want, they can have a DLC code for the November pack. Seanspeed and Union have graciously given up their codes to be used bc they already got the pack. Thank you again guys.

Guess.jpg

And I am working on a spreadsheet that will show all the incoming and outgoing money for the GAF Club. I will share it so everyone can see where their contributions are going. I want this to be very transparent.

Shortt Sirket said:
Alright guys, got a new one for tonight. Hopefully this won't be as easy as the other ones.

The winner gets a car of their choice, within reason. Or, if they want, they can have a DLC code for the November pack. Seanspeed and Union have graciously given up their codes to be used bc they already got the pack. Thank you again guys.

Guess.jpg

And I am working on a spreadsheet that will show all the incoming and outgoing money for the GAF Club. I will share it so everyone can see where their contributions are going. I want this to be very transparent.

Looks like a Z06

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Shortt Sirket said:

Where can I donate? Maybe I don't have you on GT list, Add Archer33

Also my entry is McLaren F1? (Although it looks like a vette but picking something different lol)

Wish I could join you guys, studying atm.

Slayer-33 said:
Where can I donate? Maybe I don't have you on GT list, Add Archer33

Also my entry is McLaren F1?
(Although it looks like a vette but picking something different lol)

Wish I could join you guys, studying atm.

Are you fuckin serious?? Jesus people! Okay man, you want a car or a code?

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Shortt Sirket said:
Are you fuckin serious?? Jesus people! Okay man, you want a car or a code?

LOL

Code would be nice, I'm going to buy a lot (all of them is my intention) of the cars, also I want to donate 50K often for the club. Direct me please.

The curve of the front left tire area gave it away

Slayer-33 said:
LOL

Code would be nice, I'm going to buy a lot (all of them is my intention) of the cars, also I want to donate 50K often for the club. Direct me please.

I just went to storefronts and searched for shortt sirket and then viewed all of the items. bought a few of the $ ones. Probably snag a few later.

That would be a great idea what eek5 was doing. Design something like a tag or whatnot and people can put it on their cars.

"I donated to [GAF] and all I got was this lousy vinyl" vinyl.

Slayer-33 said:
LOL

If you go to my Storefront, I have a bunch of worthless vinyls up for $50k each. I am also going to put more Pink Abarths up tonight for varying amounts.

flyinpiranha said:
I just went to storefronts and searched for shortt sirket and then viewed all of the items. bought a few of the $ ones. Probably snag a few later.

That would be a great idea what eek5 was doing. Design something like a tag or whatnot and people can put it on their cars.

Yeah, I have been crazy busy recently so I haven't had a chance to work on one. What would people like to see? And eeks is probably better than anything I can do. lol

sneaky77

Shortt Sirket said:
If you go to my Storefront, I have a bunch of worthless vinyls up for $50k each. I am also going to put more Pink Abarths up tonight for varying amounts.

Yeah, I have been crazy busy recently so I haven't had a chance to work on one. What would people like to see? And eeks is probably better than anything I can do. lol

I bought all the $ vinyls

Top Bottom