• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Post count in the last couple of FM4 thread needs to count for something. That's much more indicative of your interest in FM4 than being a junior/member, imo.

Gowans

Right I wana play this game this week and want to make the spots on the club fair and clear.

Might even go and make a community thread to not mess this one up with club drama.

But I'm thinking of the top of my head for the 100 slots

60 slots chosen and agreed by GAF, Forza & GAF OG etc. (criteria to prioritise TBD)
10 slots by randomly chosen raffle.
10 slots by time attack, fastest Reasonable Priced Car Times
10 slots by best art designs
10 slots by people who can make the most money via the store/auction house.​

Reviewed adjusted every week with a clear out of members with poor activity etc. and something/competitions etc ran to allow 20 new members in/refreshed each week till we level out and fall to a happy playing 100 or less.

Its a first draft, off out for a few hours but iron it out GAF then we all now whats fair etc.

legbone

i'll wait until the launch dust settles and see what happens before asking to be in the club. there are folks here that are way bigger forza fans than me that deserve the spot in the club. hell, i didn't even preorder until last week because i said i wasn't going to buy forza this year. then i played the demo. damn good. anyway, if i still want in the club a few months from now i'm sure i will find a spot or at least get into the second one if needed.

sneaky77

Gowans007 said:
Right I wana play this game this week and want to make the spots on the club fair and clear.

Might even go and make a community thread to not mess this one up with club drama.

60 slots chosen and agreed by GAF, Forza & GAF OG etc. (criteria to prioritise TBD)

Reviewed adjusted every week with a clear out of members with poor activity etc. and something/competitions etc ran to allow 20 new members in/refreshed each week till we level out and fall to a happy playing 100 or less.

Its a first draft, off out for a few hours but iron it out GAF then we all now whats fair etc.

Are all 100 spots even taken yet? I think maybe wait on that, and then see who actually signs up for the club in game, and if after that there are no spots, then other stuff can be taken into account. Looks like is being made more complex than it really should be. But obviously whoever is running it gets to decide.

Mascot

Should owning the LE count for anything? That's a serious financial commitment right there..! That little crown has to earn its keep somehow.

Plus how about a bump for FFB wheel owners..?

I like the FM2/FM3 Gamerscore criteria. Might make me try for those missing drifting 5GS on FM3.

*Erm... anything else I can add that applies to me..?*

Owning an FM3 Playseat! That should count for LOADS!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

Gowans

sneaky77 said:
Are all 100 spots even taken yet? I think maybe wait on that, and then see who actually signs up for the club in game, and if after that there are no spots, then other stuff can be taken into account. Looks like is being made more complex than it really should be. But obviously whoever is running it gets to decide.
nah no where near, going my the number of PMs I've had etc. might be good to have it clear so when it does fill up we know the plan and it's fair.

Also PSA................

In your eagerness if you haven't the game don't buy the Season Pass and then the American Muscle pack for 400 points.

You get it free it lets you download it for free in the game or just download the free BMW that has the pack in it too as it will unlock them also.

Signed up for the Car club. Should be fun. I'll bring my drift + time attack Supra MK IV and time attack S2000 modeled after my real life S2000 to the table. MA BABIES!

Broman1978

Still.... I´m so fucking impressed how the car acts/the physics in this gif!!

2s7e4ip.jpg

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Gowans007 said:

IF space is an issue, we should get people that have been active in GAF forza threads 1st, then others that have something of value and not just want to mooch off of the work of others. so, i'd say people really interested in creating quality liveries, vinyls, and tunes.

sneaky77

Mascot said:
Should owning the LE count for anything? That's a serious financial commitment right there..! That little crown has to earn its keep somehow.

Plus how about a bump for FFB wheel owners..?

I like the FM2/FM3 Gamerscore criteria. Might make me try for those missing drifting 5GS on FM3.

*Erm... anything else I can add that applies to me..?*

Owning an FM3 Playseat! That should count for LOADS!

lol yeah I got the LE and Fanatec wheel on its way thats commitment lol

It is not the best pic, but I thought I would show off my livery from Forza 3. It took longer than I care to admit, but I think it turned out pretty decent.

RS200.jpg

Fox Mulder

Gowans007 said:
nah no where near, going my the number of PMs I've had etc. might be good to have it clear so when it does fill up we know the plan and it's fair.

Also PSA................

In your eagerness if you haven't the game don't buy the Season Pass and then the American Muscle pack for 400 points.

You get it free it lets you download it for free in the game or just download the free BMW that has the pack in it too as it will unlock them also.
Thanks for the heads up, bought the season pass but wondered how the free pack would work.

Good thing I got a few of those 4000 point cards on sale recently, i also bought the community choice pack for forza 3 just to import the delorean. Thinking about doing the same with the VIP pack.

Mascot

Shortt Sirket said:
It is not the best pic, but I thought I would show off my livery from Forza 3. It took longer than I care to admit, but I think it turned out pretty decent.

[IMG ]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ajeflU_x8RE/TpMhcA0ka4I/AAAAAAAACw8/FudmeLj0YK4/s800/RS200.jpg[/IMG]

Sweet..!
Something you might be able to answer: did FM4 bump up the texture resolution on imported vinyls, or are they the same as in FM3?

Seanspeed

Banned
DasRaven said:
Proposal:
1. Custom Tags > Members > Juniors
2. Total gamescore in FM3
3. Total gamescore in FM2
Gamerscore means very little. Just cuz I didn't grind out endlessly for acheivements in single-player doesn't mean I didn't spend 100+ hours online racing or doing other things.

It may be tedious, but I think that after the main/obvious people are chosen, the rest should be hand-picked. Perhaps based on activity level here or people could simply provide an application of sorts, that could be anything from showing their livery prowess, or their racing skills, or an essay on why they should be included if they aren't particularly great at any one thing. People not willing to do these things can be assumed to not care that much.

Could be entertaining, too!

Nekuru

Shortt Sirket said:

RS200.jpg

WOW! seeing things like that continue to amaze me about this game. While I'll never be able to design anything close to this, I am just glad that there are so many talented people out there sharing this experience with me.

Seanspeed said:
Gamerscore means very little. Just cuz I didn't grind out endlessly for acheivements in single-player doesn't mean I didn't spend 100+ hours online racing or doing other things.

It may be tedious, but I think that after the main/obvious people are chosen, the rest should be hand-picked. Perhaps based on activity level here or people could simply provide an application of sorts, that could be anything from showing their livery prowess, or their racing skills, or an essay on why they should be included if they aren't particularly great at any one thing. People not willing to do these things can be assumed to not care that much.

My name is Mclaren777 and at the age of 5 a Ferrari touched me in my bathing suit area.....

Mascot

Seanspeed said:
...or people could simply provide an application of sorts, that could be anything from showing their livery prowess, or their racing skills, or an essay on why they should be included if they aren't particularly great at any one thing. People not willing to do these things can be assumed to not care that much.

"Soooo.. you want in on the Forza-GAF car club do you..? OK, here's the deal. Provide a video of yourself holding a copy of today's New York Post, wearing a NeoGAF teeshirt (and nothing else), riding a unicycle through the lobby of a major high-street bank while shouting "I BLOW GOATS FOR CASH" at the top of your lungs. Then we may consider you. Off you go, son".

5. Have real track experience.

Three days (and counting) @ Sebring. Hoping for Road Atlanta, Miami, and AMP (if it ever opens) next year.

I don't want to be excluded because of my junior title, :(. I've been a lurker for years (hope that doesn't go against me).

saladine1

DasRaven

Seanspeed said:

I understand. My proposal was just that a starting point in sorting a large number of potential members. Having run car clubs/forums IRL, I can tell you that the more difficult and subjective you make the entry rules, the faster your club will die. Thus I lean toward more objective measures of fandom.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Well in Forza 2/3 I made cars with my gamertag on it. May do that again for 4. Was going to post some here but I can't find them anymore. I may have some saved on my PC at home though.

Can't you see your Forza 3 screenshots on the web anymore?

Seanspeed

Banned
DasRaven said:
I understand. My proposal was just that a starting point in sorting a large number of potential members. Having run car clubs/forums IRL, I can tell you that the more difficult and subjective you make the entry rules, the faster your club will die. Thus I lean toward more objective measures of fandom.
Gotcha. I just dont want to be left out because I dont have the stats to prove how much of a fan I am and how much time I put into the game.

Okay, I must be blind but where are the Big Shots on the site? I uploaded one this morning and I cannot find it anywhere on My Forza on FM.net.

Holy shit. After spending half of my lifetime in the Forza 3 thread I think I should stop lurking here and go into posting mania here as well. The pics already look amazing and I can't wait to get it. I can't believe it has been two years already since I got my hands on the last game. And now in 4 days I'll have the definitive racing game of the generation in my hands. So excited!

shadowkhas

Neo Member
Shortt Sirket said:

<snip>
Hot damn. The RS200's one of my favorite cars, I'm definitely picking that design up ASAP.

Top Bottom