• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

skyfinch

Othergame did have some awesome liveries.

6900585023_e74b926d91_b.jpg

Wow!

I use 900 degrees with the CSR Elite, barring a few of the newer LMPs it works great.

FFB at 100 on the wheel and dial it down ingame if needed but Forza's FFB has never the strongest (compared to something like Sega Rally Revo it's damn weak) but the forces are detailed so you can feel when the car is doing, just don't expect much from the road surface.

If you got the H shifter too I'd recommend doing the 'quiet mod', it's well worth voiding the warranty for the better feel and no clicking.

SEN 900 | FF 90 | SHO 70 | DRI 000 | ABS 40 | LIN 0 | DEA 0 | SPR 0 | DPR 0 |

In-game FFB on max.

Also, I don't know are you aware of the 900-degree input *thingie* and how to solve it?

Sorry for the late reply, but thanks to you both. It works much better now.

One question regarding the firmware though. With the current firmware (701) I can't save my settings and I've heard the beta firmware (706) fixes this, but the Fanatec support refuses to send it to me for some reason.

Anyone with a link to the new 706 firmware? I would greatly appreciate it. It's really annoying having to manually adjust settings every time I switch between FM4/GT5/rFactor (or just turning it off, for that matter).

edit: Is 706 even the latest firmware btw?

I'm glad I receive Xbox invites on my PC via Raptr, or else I would've missed the races :D

I think one minute in on Fujimi 3 of you just took each other out, I only remember looking back and seeing 3 cars turned around. Oh and thank god someone in front of me turned into a ghost just 1 milisecond before I crashed into him :lol I wish the race had been 2 laps as I was able to hold out Big Takeover until there.

I'm glad I receive Xbox invites on my PC via Raptr, or else I would've missed the races :D

I think one minute in on Fujimi 3 of you just took each other out, I only remember looking back and seeing 3 cars turned around. Oh and thank god someone in front of me turned into a ghost just 1 milisecond before I crashed into him :lol I wish the race had been 2 laps as I was able to hold out Big Takeover until there.

Nice battle. You certainly did Crude's Saab justice. I couldn't let myself get beaten by that thing though!

Nice battle. You certainly did Crude's Saab justice. I couldn't let myself get beaten by that thing though!

I was counting on Granholme to hold you off for as long as he could while I got some time on both of you. Maybe I can give him a credit bonus for the next race so his only objective is to slow you down! Those last 5 minutes killed me really.

Speaking of Saab, I did enjoy the car. Thanks for putting the 2 cars on the Club Garage :)

SarBear

How did it go guys??

Sorry about not being able to attend. Doc says my little girl has trouble hearing and might need tubes. So I have to see an ENT doc this week. :(

pax217

All of these great paint jobs and liveries have inspired me. I hope to go home this evening and create something... that isn't painted all black.

Seanspeed

Banned
How did it go guys??

Sorry about not being able to attend. Doc says my little girl has trouble hearing and might need tubes. So I have to see an ENT doc this week. :(

I'm sorry to hear that. It that serious? How old is she? :(

The races went ok. Muerte and I battled for the lead both races for quite a time. The guy resisted pressure like north resists north on a magnet. I dont know what happened behind. Crude seemingly didn't prepare at all cuz I know damn well he's better than how he performed and Big Takeover already admitted defeat when he said he couldn't be bothered to learn the downill section of Kaido. I definitely expected a bit more resistance from these two.

I expect better from everyone next weekend. ;)

I didn't do very much practice at all; nothing for Sebring and not even a full lap of Kaido in any of the cars I toyed with. I was very irritated with myself for how poorly I did on the latter, especially my first lap.

No word of a lie, I started to nod off during the penultimate lap on Sebring. Worked on a freelance project for six hours today before hand and was ready for a nap.

SarBear, hope everything works out for your daughter.

SarBear

I'm sorry to hear that. It that serious? How old is she? :(

The races went ok. Muerte and I battled for the lead both races for quite a time. The guy resisted pressure like north resists north on a magnet. I dont know what happened behind. Crude seemingly didn't prepare at all cuz I know damn well he's better than how he performed and Big Takeover already admitted defeat when he said he couldn't be bothered to learn the downill section of Kaido. I definitely expected a bit more resistance from these two.

I expect better from everyone next weekend. ;)

Getting tubes in your ears isn't the end of the world, but it does require anesthesia, i believe. Takes all of ten minutes. And they eventually just fall out. She just turned 2 this past friday (the 17th).

I didn't do very much practice at all; nothing for Sebring and not even a full lap of Kaido in any of the cars I toyed with. I was very irritated with myself for how poorly I did on the latter, especially my first lap.

No word of a lie, I started to nod off during the penultimate lap on Sebring. Worked on a freelance project for six hours today before hand and was ready for a nap.

SarBear, hope everything works out for your daughter.

Thanks a lot man. I put up a lap of my own time on Kaido just so you know what you guys were up against. *hint*....it's clean, with plenty of room to improve. =)

How many racers actually showed up?

Were the replays saved?

I need to know for prizes and such. Thanks!!

7 :( I know it's been a while since the game came out but for my first race I really wish there had been more people to race with.

I'm gonna put some practice into next week's races since I most likely will participate.

gragy10

Have to say i really miss the full grids of season 1 - was always a good spread of talent and someone nearby to race. Not sure what (if anything) can be done to get it back into double figures tho

SarBear

Have to say i really miss the full grids of season 1 - was always a good spread of talent and someone nearby to race. Not sure what (if anything) can be done to get it back into double figures tho

Not gonna give up!! Been branching out online and extending our league to other clubs with extremely low member counts. I might have three on the way to our club. Don't know if they'll ever make the forums given it's a fucking year wait to get in this bitch. Shit's ridiculous.

In the meantime...

6911914959_290b23a1b0_b.jpg

6911913919_0c528acc77_b.jpg

Muerte_X

How many racers actually showed up?

Were the replays saved?

I need to know for prizes and such. Thanks!!

I forget the number of people, bakalhau said 7, that sounds about right. I have the replays if you need them...

It was pretty fun, I did surprisingly better than I thought I was going to. Being consistent seem to help a lot. So in both races I managed to slow seanspeed down for most of the race until he finally found an opening. I kinda felt bad because I know I'm a lot slower, but I figured you've gotta work for that pass, lol. I guess it didn't seem like it, but I was feeling that pressure. I just tried really hard to ignore that you were taking up my whole rear view mirror.

Seanspeed

Banned
I forget the number of people, bakalhau said 7, that sounds about right. I have the replays if you need them...

It was pretty fun, I did surprisingly better than I thought I was going to. Being consistent seem to help a lot. So in both races I managed to slow seanspeed down for most of the race until he finally found an opening. I kinda felt bad because I know I'm a lot slower, but I figured you've gotta work for that pass, lol. I guess it didn't seem like it, but I was feeling that pressure. I just tried really hard to ignore that you were taking up my whole rear view mirror.

Dont feel bad. You should feel the opposite. Being consistent and not giving in to pressure is a huge part of racing. If you're not making somebody work for a pass, then you're better off just hotlapping on your own. I've driven against many other people who break down within a couple corners of seeing somebody on their tail. I know I was quicker, but that didn't give me any more of a right to win the race. I was definitely impressed.

@SarBear - its definitely an issue that GAF is such a hard place to join. Really limits our options. We've still got a ton of people in the club. We just need people to actually get off their asses and race. I dont think there's a whole lot of incentive to offer everyone, but I can assure any of you not joining in thats its by far the best way to experience the game. You're missing out. If you're scared you're not gonna be good, then fear not, cuz we have people of every skill level. And nothing is better for improving your skills than the preparation process. Its fun, too, messing with cars you might not otherwise think of using.

I do wish we could Ox and Petran back, though. Not sure where they've been, but having more competition at the pointy end really drives me to improve. I'm far better right now than I was in previous games and I'm even noticeably better since October when the game came out. I still feel a step behind Ox and SarBear, but probably closer than I would have been if not for this club and for Rivals and our league races where I get time to improve and fine-tune things.

Muerte_X

words and stuff

Thanks man, I said I only kinda feel bad, lol. The only time I felt like I let you by was when I tried to pass you back almost immediately near the end of the first race, and went off road a little because I was going to fast for that turn. I didn't want to serve back onto the track and hit you, so I stayed off track for a few seconds. It's actually a big improvement from previous races where I would get nervous with someone behind me like that and starting screwing up turns badly.

Just want to second that thought that people need to come and race online with us. It's helped my times and skill a ton, even my own hotlaps. There really is people of all skill levels, and no one is going to give you shit or make you feel unwelcome if you're slower or make mistakes. Everyone has to start somewhere ;)

If you're scared you're not gonna be good, then fear not, cuz we have people of every skill level. And nothing is better for improving your skills than the preparation process. Its fun, too, messing with cars you might not otherwise think of using.

It's always a good time! Even if you're bad and have an incredibly bad English accent like I do, it's still fun. I really miss racing competitively (oh Burnout 3...) and it was fun to race Sunday.

I know what you mean by having the nerves to keep your cool when you're under pressure. I think I'm pretty good at it, I honestly don't think it can get any worse than having 3 people tailgating you on a game like Burnout - but I always used to ignore them and race my own race. I race with no rearview mirror on my HUD, I think it distracts me. I don't always need to know where someone is to be honest. I'm pretty bad at this game though. I hope I can get some practice on next week's races and combine that with whatever experience I've gained from playing other nerve racking racing games online.

SarBear

We need at least 10. Grab your sister, your uncle, your ex girlfriend, the re-re down the street....something!

=)

Hey, never said I was a gentleman.

AMUSIX

So...a while back I posted that my wife had gotten me a racing experience for Christmas (at an outfit in Las Vegas by the name of Exotics Racing). We had then relied heavily on Forza to select which cars we wanted to drive, and someone asked that I come back and give a report on the day. Well, finally did it on Valentine's day, I've had a week to recover, so here goes...

First....racing was awesome. Arrived in the morning early enough to get to admire the cars while they were in the paddock (was freaking cold) and they were indeed beautiful. They had a few Italia's, a few Superleggeras, a Vantage, a GTR, a few Porsches, a few Murcielagos (which they called crap) and a couple of other pretty little toys. They also have a McLaren MP4 coming soon, which would coax me back out. To drive, you book a certain number of laps in specific cars (some people only did 1 car, 5 laps) they take you out for two rapid exploratory laps in a Cayenne Turbo S, and then they throw you into the cars with a guide (you'll hear them in the video).

I would highly recommend this for someone looking for some way other than craps to lose a few hundred dollars in Vegas. Do know that if you start adding cars, laps, and video, it can get a little pricey. Still, it was incredible. They used to run on the infield and outfield short tracks of the Vegas Motorspeedway, but now they've built their own private track (it was only 10 days old when we were there) and it really is a great course with some surprisingly technical turns.

They only have the exotics right now, but they're planning a lot for the future, including stunt driving (they have some of the ramps built) drifting (there are track configurations that are designed around it) and some more pure-race experiences. They also pull in new cars pretty regularly (all of their cars are under warranty) and take suggestions (though they will not bring in a Bugatti...something about the price and insurance).

Anyways, here are a few photos....and a video. The video shows all six cars that Lisa and I drove. What it doesn't show is me running the Aventador off the track and hitting a cone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4feTFumX_kU

wrw7Gl.jpg
CoOK2l.jpg

nTWpml.jpg
v9nEil.jpg

Seanspeed

Banned
Sweet!

Had to laugh at you turning on the wipers in the Audi. lol

Your wife seemed really scared to put her foot down, but I guess she's probably not a speed freak like some of us.

So what was your favorite? The Ferrari, right? ;)

SarBear

6917313777_12f0fc699a_z.jpg

This Sunday, February 26th, GAF Weekend Racing League will be hosting another set of grinding, competitive racing events! Please join us at 2:30pm EST (Need a roll call on the official race time) for shit tawkin, clean racin', ham sammiches, disgruntled members, sandbagging, and all around trollin! We're doing a reboot of our second season, and it promises to be more entertaining, exciting, diverse, and strenuous than the last! Show your support!

RULES:

• No glitched cars. Ever.
  • Minimum 10 players per event type for prizes.
  • Damage for main race types will be Cosmetic and Collisions will be on.
  • 1 Lap run around BEFORE event type on said course, strictly for stretching your legs.
  • GRID WILL BE RANDOM (there's no complaint box, so deal with it)
  • Monthly membership dues are mandatory. 250k per month per member (goes towards prizes for the League, guys! I'll make an auction for you)

Also...
2. – Race League racers should, whenever possible, race “clean”.
.....2.a. Car position relative to others on the track is not always clear. Mid-race .....discussion over xbox live should be used primarily to communicate position and .....passing intents by drivers to avoid collisions.
.....2.b. Attempts at passing should only be made when it is safe to do so.
.....2.c. If being passed, make attempts to avoid collisions whenever possible.
.....2.d. Careless passing that results in significant collisions will be identified post race .....with either time penalties incurred for the offending driver, or with that driver being .....disqualified for that event. Penalty specifics are open for discussion, and .....cases will be looked at via replay on a case by case basis by volunteer bystanders.
.....2.e. Non-significant collisions, or trading paint, is frowned upon, but usually will not .....result in specific penalties.
.....2.f. All drivers should drive cautiously and thoughtfully to avoid collisions. If minor .....collisions occur and it leads to a change in driver position, attempts may be made .....by the offender to allow the passed car back into its pre-collision position.
.....2.g. All racers should save a replay after each race in case review of infractions is .....necessary.
.....2.h. Cars should make all attempts to stay on the track at all time. "Shortcuts" are .....frowned upon and may result in time penalties or race disqualifications.

EVENT TYPES (2):

They paid me to race it - Epic troll? Perhaps so, but we're still heading to Dunsfold Aerodome for some fine racing on a ....figure eight. Ok. Hold that line! And don't lose your lateral traction folks, or it's game over in the form of Forza grass!

Track
  • Top Gear Test Track (Full Circuit) - Laps
Restrictions
  • 2010 Renault Megane RS 250
  • Class - B 500
  • Race Brakes
  • Race Suspension
  • Race Weight Reduction
  • Full Roll Cage
  • No Aero
  • Must Be FWD
  • Must Have Race Number

I can't see SHIT! - That's right, you too can climb inside one of these monsters of racing and guess your way around Le Mans! With such precision handling, screaming engines, and touchy traction control systems, I can only hope you bastards the best out there. Good luck, you're going to need it.

Track
  • Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe (Full Circuit....the new one) - Laps
Restrictions
  • Class - R1 998
  • Body Style: Prototype 1
  • Body Style: Prototype 2
  • Hold on for dear life!

PRIZES

TBD, needs reworking
Still, unicorns and random cars/prizes

BONUS!:

Make a donation by auction today! :) We need your support!

Players:

Sarbear (3)
CrudeDiatribe (7)
Shortt Sirket (25)
Sneaky77 (99)
Seanspeed (21)
Muerte X (8)
Granholme (27)
Union 0015 (15) 

Reserve:

Zorbsie (31) good through 4 months
Big Takeover (77) 
Guest 1321 (18)
FiggyG (9)
Archer33 (1)
op_ivy (10)
Ox Nagge (33)
Rotavelle (12)
retroBrand (17)
Soundscream (13)
Templar Wizard (5)
P3Tran
The Japanator (89)
str8buzykltty (69)
MJLord (93)
The Stig (00)
cjelly (28)
LiquidSnake
flyinpiranha
G Rom (34)
Benjamin Birdie
Mr Nightman (88)
GrassyX
bakalhau90

Current standings always available here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ancn9aXDWX-ldGt1eThhdEhMWFEtc2hXY0RDQlJwTnc#gid=0

You're in reserve until you confirm. :)
If you need an invite, please let us know.
If I get a ton of players that actually promise to show up (25 or more)...two rooms/random drawing

AMUSIX

Sweet!

Had to laugh at you turning on the wipers in the Audi. lol

Your wife seemed really scared to put her foot down, but I guess she's probably not a speed freak like some of us.

So what was your favorite? The Ferrari, right? ;)
Yeah, the Audi wipers were a bit of a surprise. The placement and design of the shifters on the Audi were so different from the other cars, that I'm going to say "It's not my fault!"

Lisa admits she didn't go as fast as she had wanted to, but this was the first time she's driven a car on a track, and the first time using flappy shifters.

As for favorite cars...for myself, yeah, the Scuderia was definitely my favorite. For Lisa, she said she liked the Italia the most this time, but also said that another day with the Superleggera might have put it over the top.

I found her instructor harder to follow than his. Maybe it's just me, though.
Worst instructor was my Aventador guy. Was just shouting every tiny direction at me the whole time (the lap I chose to post was the 'quietest'.) He was stressing me out so much that I was literally sweating, even without wearing a helmet in that car. It's also why I got so flustered and ran off the track...well, that and the fact that the beast drove differently from anything I've ever been behind the wheel of.

Fantastic pics and video, AMUSIX!

How about that understeer on that Aventador? Wow. Glad you had fun!
YES, YES, YES, a thousand times YES! The Aventador just did NOT want to turn at all, and braking was completely reversed from other cars. You had to literally stomp on the brakes at the beginning of each zone, and then let off them and adjust that way. I don't think I ever got that down.

Oh, and someone asked me elsewhere....we were hitting 115-140mph on the straight.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
So, some people said that there should be two big news/surprises about Forza at the Spring Showcase next week. What are your guesses ?
It's been confirmed that it won't be a track editor or Porsche.

My guesses wishes would be :
Finally knowing what the hell Forza World is
A big update for Forza 4 fixing and adding tons of stuff

More realistically, one of the news could be season 2 of DLC.

Porsche has to be one of them. Remember, David Jaffe said for the longest time that he wasn't working on a Twisted Metal game for the PS3. It wouldn't surprise me if they were lying to hide a secret.

G Rom

Porsche would be great but I don't want to be disappointed so I'm trying to lower my expectations.
The more I think about it, the more I see something about Ferrari being announced though.
Their new GT will be revealed at Geneva the 29th (same day as the event), BADNED hinted at the F152 (codename of the car) in the past and he recently made a comment on FC (responding to a question about some cars not being in Test Drive : Ferrari) about Microsoft having exclusive rights to some Ferrari models. All of this leads me to believe that MS could get the new Ferrari exclusively, perhaps even in Autovista form so that they could say some marketing stuff like "if you were in Geneva right now, chances are you wouldn't be able to seat in this car, well in Forza 4, you can".
Although, could this really be considered a big news ?

Speaking of the car, I hope it doesn't suck. The 599 is just gorgeous and has spawned two equally beautiful beasts known as the 599XX and 599 GTO so this new car has huge shoes to fill IMO. I'm kinda worried after the awful FF... :-/

Porsche would be great but I don't want to be disappointed so I'm trying to lower my expectations.
The more I think about it, the more I see something about Ferrari being announced though.
Their new GT will be revealed at Geneva the 29th (same day as the event), BADNED hinted at the F152 (codename of the car) in the past and he recently made a comment on FC (responding to a question about some cars not being in Test Drive : Ferrari) about Microsoft having exclusive rights to some Ferrari models. All of this leads me to believe that MS could get the new Ferrari exclusively, perhaps even in Autovista form so that they could say some marketing stuff like "if you were in Geneva right now, chances are you wouldn't be able to seat in this car, well in Forza 4, you can".
Although, could this really be considered a big news ?

Speaking of the car, I hope it doesn't suck. The 599 is just gorgeous and has spawned two equally beautiful beasts known as the 599XX and 599 GTO so this new car has huge shoes to fill IMO. I'm kinda worried after the awful FF... :-/

That's got to be it then. That would be pretty sweet. The F620, right? It's going to be a missile.

you know what cars I would like to see soon? the ariel atom v8, caterham super 7, and the first generation mazda rx7
Forza is The Real Quarter Panel Simulator™ I'm afraid. They can't do exposed suspension. Sucks, I know. The first RX7 would be sweet though.

you know what cars I would like to see .......... and the first generation mazda rx7

This guy^^

I've questioned why the SA22C models (gen1,2,3) haven't appeared in any video game after GT2 and Tokyo Extreme Racer.

Forza desperately needs this car (hoping for Series 2 over the others, but can't be choosy).

Surely it's obvious to include a car which was so influential and with such historic (albeit recent) motoring significance.

SarBear

I don't know, I never raced one of the number required races lol.. I guess 77 lol

Negative. Look in the race listing under members to see what race numbers have been taken. It's right next to their names.

So, the F620 GT isn't part of next week news. Now I'm getting really interested in knowing what's this all about... :)

I'm really skeptical, because Turn10 made a big deal over their January "news" which turned out to be a deal with Hyundai for the damn Veloster. FML.

Porsche, 04 Mustang Cobra, new track, or bust.

Top Bottom