• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Seanspeed

Banned
Here she is:

j4Wov.jpg

Shaneus

Shame the PAL version had no 60hz option, it was a nice looking game but sucked at 25fps.

edit: Sorry, I mean on Xbox BC, looking into it now seems like there is a fix after all.
Really? How? I still know exactly where my disc is, wouldn't mind firing it up. I remember trying it a while back but it didn't look at all upscaled and it's framerate left a LOT to be desired.

Also, it's been a while since I've been in this thread, things have just gotten away from me :( But I'm back(ish), and come bearing gifts:

(link points to an archive of the uncompressed bigshot)

pax217

Man, I've been so crazy busy at work I missed out on the weekend fun. It looks like I'll be working this weekend too. :( But I did get to go to the Toronto autoshow.

I've got a bunch more I can post if any one want to see them.

Lexus brought the LFA to one of our "Cars & Coffee" type events here in Seattle last summer, I had the chance to drive it; wonderful car, although the sticker price deters my interest in owning one.

gragy10

Great fun as ever yesterday - nice to see a slightly bigger field than recently too.
Felt like i had cars that were set up more competitive than usual but ended up making even more mistakes - apologies to anyone i bounced off.
Getting confused by the figure of 8 crossover and taking out Crude was pretty cretinous, then i topped that by completely missed my braking point at the 2nd mulsanne chicane and cannoning into figgy :/

Really? How? I still know exactly where my disc is, wouldn't mind firing it up. I remember trying it a while back but it didn't look at all upscaled and it's framerate left a LOT to be desired.

Apparently you can get PAL 60 and 30fps (with dips) by running it at 640x480, 4:3.

It's hardly worth trying imo.

Just thought I would post some shots of my new C-class beast!

I just entered a B-class roadster race around the Alps, and man, does this thing go!

Handles so well, a little underpowered, but still managed a 2nd place behind a missile car half a lap ahead of the pack. Great race though, great tune too, so wouldn't mind spending more time in this thing!

Here you go:
6934773583_28f93f1d74_z.jpg

6788656148_38568ae955_z.jpg

6788696248_7e7e632748_z.jpg

G Rom

There's an embargo on the showcase so news will only come out on the 5th.
As for the march DLC, considering they showed the ZL-1 in an official Chevrolet video, I think there's good chance that we'll get it this month. Beyond that, no clue, but considering the awesomeness of the previous DLCs, I look forward to it !

BADNED

There's an embargo on the showcase so news will only come out on the 5th.
As for the march DLC, considering they showed the ZL-1 in an official Chevrolet video, I think there's good chance that we'll get it this month. Beyond that, no clue, but considering the awesomeness of the previous DLCs, I look forward to it !
The FM4 footage in that vid was of the SS. ;)

Zig Zag

G Rom

Oh ok, I watched the video with no sound on my phone so I just assumed it was the ZL-1 since the real and in-game dashboards looked the same. :D

BTW, you've been extremely silent about those supposedly upcoming big news, any hints ? :p

saladine1

Oh ok, I watched the video with no sound on my phone so I just assumed it was the ZL-1 since the real and in-game dashboards looked the same. :D

BTW, you've been extremely silent about those supposedly upcoming big news, any hints ? :p

According to some sources, the big news is that the existing red coloured rumble strips in the game will be changed to pink instead....

Thank goodness it didn't disconnect me!

Also: bagged milk!

Oh, and I'll just leave this here:

I threw a bunch of sample A600 cars up on my Storefront.

Proposed Trans Am specs should be (IMO):
A600
One of: AMC Javalin, Chevy Camaro '69, Ford Mustang '70, Plymouth Cuda '71 (and perhaps others).
No more than 550HP (Mustang on Storefront needs to drop 4HP).
No more than 3300 lbs.
No less than 2500 lbs. (ha!)
Naturally aspirated.
RWD
Roll cage mandatory.
Sport Gearbox at best (hard to enforce this, except to check the replay for each car on the long straight).

I don't think this allows for a lot of leeway.

A bunch of cars that qualify for this are in the club garage now.

Jube3

Sweet! Is there a formal list of the cars included?
Here you go Jcutner

The cars included in the March Pirellie car pack:
2011 Aston Martin V12 Zagato (Villa d’Este)
1971 Ferrari #2 Ferrari Automobili 312 P
2012 Ultima GTR
1969 Chevrolet Nova SS 396
2010 Renault Clio RS
1966 Ford Country Squire
1995 BMW 850CSi
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
2011 Wiesmann GT MF5
1969 Chevrolet Corvair Monza

You can read more about the cars here http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/march_pirelli_car_pack/

Also, big image! :D
2011_Aston_Martin_Zagato_02_WM.jpg

G Rom

Here you go Jcutner

2012 Ultima GTR
2010 Renault Clio RS
1966 Ford Country Squire
1995 BMW 850CSi
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
2011 Wiesmann GT MF5

You can read more about the cars here http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/march_pirelli_car_pack/

Turn 10 keeps on delivering awesome DLC.
The Zagato, the 312P, the Ultima, the fucking 850 (actually saw an 8 Series a few weeks back on a parking lot, still a great looking car IMO) and the Clio !
Nice to see another great Alfa too, the more European classics the better.
I googled the Ford to see what it was, I can already see myself having way too much fun with this one. :lol

Also, they can't stop adding Chevys can't they ? :D

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Here you go Jcutner

2012 Ultima GTR

2010 Renault Clio RS
1966 Ford Country Squire

1995 BMW 850CSi
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
2011 Wiesmann GT MF5

OH MY

DasRaven

Damn that is niiiiiice.

Is there a list of all the cars added via DLC since launch?

The definitive list including hints from insider knowledge is at ForzaCentral

Which begs the question, what is different about the 2011 Wiesmann compared to the 2010 already in the game?
Edit: OK it seems like the factory wing and engine are different, the 2011 has the V8TT from the new M5 in it versus the older V10.

SarBear

Here you go Jcutner

2012 Ultima GTR
2010 Renault Clio RS
1966 Ford Country Squire
1995 BMW 850CSi
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
2011 Wiesmann GT MF5

YES!!! Jube, please check your PMs!

dave-chapelle-o.gif

SarBear

Damn that is niiiiiice.

Is there a list of all the cars added via DLC since launch?

Wait a minute... Dead Poul??....WHAT THE FUCK?! Quantum leap am here!!!

Edit: If you mother fuckers think the Mazda 787B sounds good, please unzip your pants when that Aston Martin hits.

Ah, ok, not CanAm. Got overexcited there. That would be the 312PB then, actually. Still very sweet.

This is actually the car known as the PB, and was #1 on my list of cars wanted in Forza. Insta-buy to say the least. So stoked!

EDIT: I'm sort of wrong. The PB first appeared in '72. This is the predecessor to the PB, but not the 312P of the late 60's (two different cars have the same name).

Seanspeed

Banned
This is actually the car known as the PB, and was #1 on my list of cars wanted in Forza. Insta-buy to say the least. So stoked!

EDIT: I'm sort of wrong. The PB first appeared in '72. This is the predecessor to the PB, but not the 312P of the late 60's (two different cars have the same name).

No, we were right the first time. Its definitely the PB. Debuted in 71.

This car is gonna rock.

SarBear

The definitive list including hints from insider knowledge is at ForzaCentral

Which begs the question, what is different about the 2011 Wiesmann compared to the 2010 already in the game?
Edit: OK it seems like the factory wing and engine are different, the 2011 has the V8TT from the new M5 in it versus the older V10.

But instead of using a whole car slot for an upgrade like that, I'd really like to see them just add the engine swap function (and whatever goes along with it) and a new aero option to include the rear wing. That spot could have EASILY been used for something a little more exciting.

Here you go Jcutner

2012 Ultima GTR
2010 Renault Clio RS
1966 Ford Country Squire
1995 BMW 850CSi
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
2011 Wiesmann GT MF5

Looking forward to a few National Lampoon's Vacation inspired liveries on the squire.
That Ultima looks like it will be fun, but what makes it a 2012 model?
That Aston looks and sounds incredible!

Kind of happy for new cars, but will not be fully happy until I get the Mazda Rx3 and if they get around to it, the first gen (series 2) Rx7 - that would make my life complete in the Forza world.

Awesome shot of an awesome car, but WTF is going on here??
How is that badge stuck on, it's just floating there..... weird.
yEz7P.png

saladine1

Here you go Jcutner

2012 Ultima GTR
2010 Renault Clio RS
1966 Ford Country Squire
1995 BMW 850CSi
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
2011 Wiesmann GT MF5
lol, great record scratch and fake wood American station wagon..

I called the Ultima GTR in my March wishlist a few posts ago.....i'm a stud.

Seriously though, my hats off to Turn 10's vehicle casting team. Another great list of cars.

First DLC pack I've probably been super happy about. A nice mix of exotic new and old classics.

The Zagato, 312P and 850 are awesome.

Now where's the iconic '62 Ferrari GTO??

That Country Squire Wagon is going to be amazing. We better get a GT500 engine swap for that bad boy!

This pack is fantastic. So many great cars and that Zagato is gorgeous! Plus that 312P is going to sound freakin insane!

Top Bottom