• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

G Rom

I'm really skeptical, because Turn10 made a big deal over their January "news" which turned out to be a deal with Hyundai for the damn Veloster. FML.

Porsche, 04 Mustang Cobra, new track, or bust.
Except Turn 10 haven't even aknowledged that there will be news at the showcase yet (they'll probably tease in the next WIR though).

So far it's supposedly not about : the F620 GT, the next Xbox or an upcoming patch (it's supposed to be bigger than a patch in term of news).

SarBear

Except Turn 10 haven't even aknowledged that there will be news at the showcase yet (they'll probably tease in the next WIR though).

So far it's supposedly not about : the F620 GT, the next Xbox or an upcoming patch (it's supposed to be bigger than a patch in term of news).

It's the damn Cobra. Confirmed.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

where are these rumors originating from? i see nothing at forzacentral or the fm4 community forums

op_ivy

More importantly, are you joining us this Sunday for racing?

really doubtful. i'm not even finding the time to do the time trials i demanded =(

are there still lobby issues? i tried to play with some folks a week or so back and was still running into problems.

It comes from FM.fr's Sebull. IIRC he works at MS France.
There's some talk about it on FC, buried in the car list thread (I learned about it that way actually).

so, there will be a forza presence confirmed? huh, maybe it will be something significant (like TRACKS! OMG)? maybe its not related to fm4 and we'll get a forza world teaser =)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

FORZA WORLD

SarBear

really doubtful. i'm not even finding the time to do the time trials i demanded =(

are there still lobby issues? i tried to play with some folks a week or so back and was still running into problems.

so, there will be a forza presence confirmed? huh, maybe it will be something significant (like TRACKS! OMG)? maybe its not related to fm4 and we'll get a forza world teaser =)

It's not as bad in the private races, in my experience. The public lobbies are still garbage, however. I really think it has a lot to do with the voting and such in the public places. Of course, there's nothing definite, but i think it has to do a lot with incomplete voting there.

Seanspeed

Banned
Everything last weekend went off without a hitch. We skipped the 'intro' lap session which everybody was fine with to lessen the chances of any hiccups. I think we should definitely continue this. Reduces the chances of these major problems we've had in the past.

When racing in a public lobby a few days ago, I did have a time where I was kicked out of a room during a race without warning, though. I think issues still persist, but we can take precautions to minimize the chances they pop up. Less races helps and no intro sessions also help.

Also, I hate R1/F1 cars in video games. I remember playing the CTDP mods for rFactor(particularly the 2006 one), which were great quality, but I could never get a feel for things. Things just happened too fast and I had very little proper feedback to go off. Perhaps it was cuz I didn't have a top quality wheel, but I felt like that I was just so disconnected from the track. When things happen that quickly and you're in a 600+ horsepower, lightweight prototype, you need to feel connected.

In Forza, now that I'm a controller user, its even harder. I'll learn to do decent times, but I dont think I'll ever feel comfortable in these cars, especially at Le Mans.

We'll see. I will say that everybody should do some actual practice, though. Its a tough track with some tough cars. There's very important braking points you will want to learn throughout the track, not only to be quick, but so somebody behind you doesn't slam into you because you're ignorant of where you should be hitting the brakes.

In fact, in general I'd like it people practiced more. If you've got some time, ignore career mode or whatever you would normally do and just put in some laps with the car and track you'll be racing on the coming weekend. You'd be surprised how much you learn and being better also means less chances of accidents. I see too many people go in with seemingly no knowledge of what they're doing with the car/track combination and cause a crash as a result. Putting in some practice ahead of time is a win-win situation for everybody.

I'm going to go ahead and bet that the "announcement" is going to be stupidly lame so as not to get my hopes up.

It'll probably just be the March DLC pack.

G Rom

An update from FM.fr : Sebull said that some will like the news while some won't. He also added that from what he saw, he was somewhat skeptical and waiting to try it himself with his own controller.

op_ivy

An update from FM.fr : Sebull said that some will like the news while some won't. He also added that from what he saw, he was somewhat skeptical and waiting to try it himself with his own controller.

forza world is arcade.

? no idea.

Some kind of physics patch maybe? Or something that fundamentally changes how the game can be played?

Edit: What about rally?

G Rom

Some kind of physics patch maybe? Or something that fundamentally changes how the game can be played?

Edit: What about rally?
He already said that it wouldn't be a patch.

Rally could be plausible, I mean they had no reason to add the Suzuki Monster or the S1 (with PP bodykits) in the two latest DLC when they fully knew that we didn't have any use for them beside running them on Fujimi Kaido. We also got the 207 S2000, full WRC kits for the SX4...
As far as rally/hill climb is concerned, my personal dream would be the whole Pikes Peak stage modeled when it still had dirt parts.

He already said that it wouldn't be a patch.

Rally could be plausible, I mean they had no reason to add the Suzuki Monster or the S1 (with PP bodykits) in the two latest DLC when they fully knew that we didn't have any use for them beside running them on Fujimi Kaido. We also got the 207 S2000, full WRC kits for the SX4...
As far as rally/hill climb is concerned, my personal dream would be the whole Pikes Peak stage modeled when it still had dirt parts.

My god, I would give anything for this to be true. I ran the old Dirt 1 Pikes Peak course hundreds of times back in the day.

SarBear

6917313777_12f0fc699a_z.jpg

This Sunday, February 26th, GAF Weekend Racing League will be hosting another set of grinding, competitive racing events! Please join us at 2:30pm EST (Need a roll call on the official race time) for shit tawkin, clean racin', ham sammiches, disgruntled members, sandbagging, and all around trollin! We're doing a reboot of our second season, and it promises to be more entertaining, exciting, diverse, and strenuous than the last! Show your support!

RULES:

• No glitched cars. Ever.
  • Minimum 10 players per event type for prizes.
  • Damage for main race types will be Cosmetic and Collisions will be on.
  • 1 Lap run around BEFORE event type on said course, strictly for stretching your legs.
  • GRID WILL BE RANDOM (there's no complaint box, so deal with it)
  • Monthly membership dues are mandatory. 250k per month per member (goes towards prizes for the League, guys! I'll make an auction for you)

Also...
2. – Race League racers should, whenever possible, race “clean”.
.....2.a. Car position relative to others on the track is not always clear. Mid-race .....discussion over xbox live should be used primarily to communicate position and .....passing intents by drivers to avoid collisions.
.....2.b. Attempts at passing should only be made when it is safe to do so.
.....2.c. If being passed, make attempts to avoid collisions whenever possible.
.....2.d. Careless passing that results in significant collisions will be identified post race .....with either time penalties incurred for the offending driver, or with that driver being .....disqualified for that event. Penalty specifics are open for discussion, and .....cases will be looked at via replay on a case by case basis by volunteer bystanders.
.....2.e. Non-significant collisions, or trading paint, is frowned upon, but usually will not .....result in specific penalties.
.....2.f. All drivers should drive cautiously and thoughtfully to avoid collisions. If minor .....collisions occur and it leads to a change in driver position, attempts may be made .....by the offender to allow the passed car back into its pre-collision position.
.....2.g. All racers should save a replay after each race in case review of infractions is .....necessary.
.....2.h. Cars should make all attempts to stay on the track at all time. "Shortcuts" are .....frowned upon and may result in time penalties or race disqualifications.

EVENT TYPES (2):

They paid me to race it - Epic troll? Perhaps so, but we're still heading to Dunsfold Aerodome for some fine racing on a ....figure eight. Ok. Hold that line! And don't lose your lateral traction folks, or it's game over in the form of Forza grass!

Track
  • Top Gear Test Track (Full Circuit) - 10 Laps
Restrictions
  • 2010 Renault Megane RS 250
  • Class - B 500
  • Race Brakes
  • Race Suspension
  • Race Weight Reduction
  • Full Roll Cage
  • No Aero
  • Must Be FWD
  • Must Have Race Number

I can't see SHIT! - That's right, you too can climb inside one of these monsters of racing and guess your way around Le Mans! With such precision handling, screaming engines, and touchy traction control systems, I can only hope you bastards the best out there. Good luck, you're going to need it.

Track
  • Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe (Full Circuit....the new one) - 7 Laps
Restrictions
  • Class - R1 998
  • Body Style: Prototype 1
  • Body Style: Prototype 2
  • Hold on for dear life!

PRIZES

TBD, needs reworking
Still, unicorns and random cars/prizes

BONUS!:

Make a donation by auction today! :) We need your support!

Players:

Sarbear (3)
CrudeDiatribe (7)
Shortt Sirket (25)
Sneaky77 (99)
Seanspeed (21)
Muerte X (8)
Granholme (27)
Union 0015 (15) 
FiggyG (9)

Reserve:

Zorbsie (31) good through 4 months
Big Takeover (77) 
Guest 1321 (18)
Archer33 (1)
op_ivy (10)
Ox Nagge (33)
Rotavelle (12)
retroBrand (17)
Soundscream (13)
Templar Wizard (5)
P3Tran
The Japanator (89)
str8buzykltty (69)
MJLord (93)
The Stig (00)
cjelly (28)
LiquidSnake
flyinpiranha
G Rom (34)
Benjamin Birdie
Mr Nightman (88)
GrassyX
bakalhau90

Current standings always available here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ancn9aXDWX-ldGt1eThhdEhMWFEtc2hXY0RDQlJwTnc#gid=0

You're in reserve until you confirm. :)
If you need an invite, please let us know.
If I get a ton of players that actually promise to show up (25 or more)...two rooms/random drawing

zorbsie

Man, I've been so crazy busy at work I missed out on the weekend fun. It looks like I'll be working this weekend too. :( But I did get to go to the Toronto autoshow.

img_0460iajcl.jpg

I've got a bunch more I can post if any one want to see them.

Seanspeed

Banned
I like you.
So long as you keep driving without the clutch, I like you too!

By the way, FUCK getting a clean lap at Le Mans. I dont even know what I do wrong sometimes. And then I get to start a new a lap and the game's already decided I've cheated so no matter how clean or good it is, doesn't get recorded. I managed a decent lap that was clean, but I'm ignoring what the game has to say about whats valid and whats not for race preparation. Not saying I'm gonna cut corners or anything, but I'm damn sure gonna drive the track like it should be.

And yea, Zorbs, definitely post pics. We're all car lovers here, man.

if anyone wants to gift me a renault with the needed stuff feel free to do so lol
Crude put one up in the club garage for the emergency we had with bakal. I can put up my tune in my storefront if you want, but my car has a paintjob with my number on it, so just gifting it to you wont work. Can I just gift a tune?

zorbsie

There is a bunch, so I just put them on flickr. Here's the link.

Really disappointed that the Zonda R was crammed in. It was hard to get a good shot of it.

sneaky77

Crude put one up in the club garage for the emergency we had with bakal. I can put up my tune in my storefront if you want, but my car has a paintjob with my number on it, so just gifting it to you wont work. Can I just gift a tune?

That would work, I appreciate it, that way I can make sure it has the requirements of body cage and etc..

Man, I've been so crazy busy at work I missed out on the weekend fun. It looks like I'll be working this weekend too. :( But I did get to go to the Toronto autoshow.

Shit, you're Canadian too? Yay! Nice pics. I didn't enjoy them quite as much as SarBar, but that's probably a good thing (Jergins!?).

Ugh, I have had NO time to practice yet. Been crazy busy at work and home this week. Going to try to get a good amount in tonight and tomorrow.

Seanspeed

Banned
That would work, I appreciate it, that way I can make sure it has the requirements of body cage and etc..

Ok, its up on my storefront now. Not a whole lot done with the setup, but I've gotten it to be more stable in the faster corners and with quick changes of direction.

My GT is Seanspeed, by the way.

op_ivy

i think CrudeDiatribe and SarBear should swap names. crude seems to fit sar so much better

Hey guys,
I have been away from Forza for a long time and decided to give it a whirl again.

I had forgotten about downloading the next pack of my seasonal pass.
Got it downloaded and decided to give one of my all-time favourite cars, the 787B a go.
Cranked the home theatre in readiness and waited for the 3-2-1 GO!

Son, I was disappoint...

I may be wrong, but it doesn't sound as it should - it sounds too fake.
Did they actually sample the sounds of this vehicle?

I mean, I have never seen/heard this thing in real life, but the numerous videos and sound bites i have gotten my hand on really accentuate that 26B Quad-rotor at it's finest - its so gritty and horrendously raw and that lumpiness can be heard even at high-RPM.
It's a growly roar rather than the usual high-pitched scream of say a Formula One car - to me, its more like a motoGP bike (on steroids).

I cant help but think I am missing out on a potential aural orgasm here (saying that, the idle sound its almost spot on). Perhaps I need to change my 'audio focus' setting or something...

On the other had, this car is bat-shit crazy to drive. You really have to be gentle on the throttle, but you don't always have to be. You can slide it around sweeping corners without too much fear that its going to end up in a wall somewhere. It sticks like crap to a blanket and neither understeers or oversteers, it's just right!
Further instills the love I have for this car.

Now for the second gen rx7 with optional 26B engine swap! (a man can dream, right!?)

That Marlboro livery just looks so spiffy on a prototype racer.

Pug 905 is an interesting choice! How's the car? Dont think I've driven it in FM4 yet.

I love it. It can be a bit of a beast at lower gears (but what Protoype isn't) but I love the handling characteristics of it. Plus I just love the old Group C cars.

You and me for 5th place, my friend! I can't seem to drive these things, LOL!

Yea, I am not very confident in my abilities but I think it will be a blast anyway.

Top Bottom