• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

In light of the recent Porsche news I decided to finally pull my finger out and pick this up. Grabbed a CE locally, started cutting my teeth in the career last night.

No doubt will join in the photo sharing soon enough, always enjoyed it in Forza 3 and GT5.

SarBear

In light of the recent Porsche news I decided to finally pull my finger out and pick this up. Grabbed a CE locally, started cutting my teeth in the career last night.

No doubt will join in the photo sharing soon enough, always enjoyed it in Forza 3 and GT5.

How am I posting with two different usernames?!!? Shit's crazy, son. Congrats on a CE find. Hope you didn't pay out the ass for it. Join the club, come race with us, get destroyed by that sandbagging son of a bitch Zorbs.

Doods, have they said what the unicorn reward car will be for the Juan Pablo Montoya Rivals event?

Aston Zagato just for participating.

Lambo LP640 if you beat his time.

saladine1

Very good interview. The Horizon talk eased my mind a bit. Fable's "franchise expansion" game has put the fear of God in me. I just want assurance that this will be a real racing game.

It hurts not knowing what Horizon is all about. I'm very anxious. But what i've noticed among Playground Games themselves and Greenawalt for that matter, is a sense of great confidence in the game. If you read certain posts and such from PG employees, you see that they are very excited about what they have on their hands.

The only thing that has given me hope so far, is the Forza name in the title....

I don't do rivals mode but I really want that Lamborghini. How do I figure out Montoya's time? How do I find him and set him as my rival?

I don't do rivals mode but I really want that Lamborghini. How do I figure out Montoya's time? How do I find him and set him as my rival?

I just check the thread on the official forum. His time is apparently pretty slow. Shouldn't be too hard to get that Lambo.

His current time is a dirty lap so as long as you put in a slow clean one, you will still beat it.

SarBear

I hate the Indy GP track so much. I am just going to run it a few more times and then just stop because I just despise that track so much.

Was just doing the rivals thing on there...managed to cut my time down by a full second by just slowing down and making smooth braking points. Completely screwed up the first two turns, but managed a decent rest of the lap. Just have to really be patient on this car. It really, really sucks.

Same goes for the Gecko challenge. Absolutely ZERO wheelspin or expect your time to really suffer.

Having a lot of fun with the Aston at Catalunya. Just itching my time down to suck as much money as i can seeing as how the patch was delayed. Bastards.

Seanspeed

Banned
Same goes for the Gecko challenge. Absolutely ZERO wheelspin or expect your time to really suffer.

Having a lot of fun with the Aston at Catalunya. Just itching my time down to suck as much money as i can seeing as how the patch was delayed. Bastards.
You've set some damn good times on those. I might see if I can do anything about it later on. ;)

Like I said earlier, the Weisman is a tough car to drive. Tons of wheelspin in the first two gears with no TC and it tends to understeer like mad when you're driving out of corners.

I feel so lame but I can't join for the races again this weekend. We're actually going to have some good weather here for a change and I'm itching to finally get back on the bike this Sunday. Sorry. :\

Concession on best grinding/money maker events?

How am I posting with two different usernames?!!? Shit's crazy, son. Congrats on a CE find. Hope you didn't pay out the ass for it. Join the club, come race with us, get destroyed by that sandbagging son of a bitch Zorbs.

Australia, so prices sound crazy anyway, but I paid $89 (which is pretty standard for retail here). Couldn't find it anywhere online, but one of the local shops had 3 copies of the CE.

Would love to race with GAFcrew, but time zones usually put an end to those hopes.

saladine1

Off topic but I don't care:

Polyphony Digital at Mount Panorama:

424898_10150605236621545_646886544_9316871_1524630767_n.jpg

AnmsMA3CQAAhdqF.jpg

From GTP, a fellow Aussie by the username jjh101 has spoken to some PD guys at the track taking photos and such for a GT game.

Hey guys, at the track now and jut spoke with one of the guys taking photos, from my understanding of what he said it is for GT6. I recorded the conversation and uploading it to you tube now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO3Qin5oKT8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Transcript
jjh101: Ok guys, there's one of the photographers up here on the track, I'm gonna jump out and see what he has to say...
***Walking noises until 0.50***
jjh101: G'day
Photographer: hey
jjh101: Seen you guys here for a few days, wondering if you guys are here for a game or something
Photographer: Yes, yes, yes...A video game... A... Gran Turismo
jjh101: Oh, Gran Turismo?
Photographer: Yea, yea, um...
jjh101: Is it an update or... Will it be for GT6 or...?
Photographer: Yea, yea, yea, yea, yea um... Gran Turismo 6 [will have] Bathurst
jjh101: Oh really?
Photographer: Yea, yea, yea

credit MrDinosaw94

Turn 10 you so and so's......get off your arses will ya?

Off topic but I don't care:

Polyphony Digital at Mount Panorama:

424898_10150605236621545_646886544_9316871_1524630767_n.jpg

AnmsMA3CQAAhdqF.jpg

From GTP, a fellow Aussie by the username jjh101 has spoken to some PD guys at the track taking photos and such for a GT game.

Transcript
jjh101: Ok guys, there's one of the photographers up here on the track, I'm gonna jump out and see what he has to say...
***Walking noises until 0.50***
jjh101: G'day
Photographer: hey
jjh101: Seen you guys here for a few days, wondering if you guys are here for a game or something
Photographer: Yes, yes, yes...A video game... A... Gran Turismo
jjh101: Oh, Gran Turismo?
Photographer: Yea, yea, um...
jjh101: Is it an update or... Will it be for GT6 or...?
Photographer: Yea, yea, yea, yea, yea um... Gran Turismo 6 [will have] Bathurst
jjh101: Oh really?
Photographer: Yea, yea, yea

credit MrDinosaw94

Turn 10 you so and so's......get off your arses will ya?

No shit, that's fantastic.
Too bad that's PD and GT6 though... So I'll be an old man by the time the game actually drops.

Yeah, c'mon T10, what's the hold up?
They should add some cars to suit it as well while they're at it.

Have you tried Shift 2, SALADINE? I've yet to experience anything quite like the thrill of having an FC Rx7 in full works treatment at full noise through the Mt Panorama esses in cockpit view with a wheel and the surround cranked to 11 in that game - really impressed me.
If you haven't tried it, maybe try pick it up for cheap, it's def worth it IMO.

saladine1

No shit, that's fantastic.
Too bad that's PD and GT6 though... So I'll be an old man by the time the game actually drops.

Yeah, c'mon T10, what's the hold up?
They should add some cars to suit it as well while they're at it.

Have you tried Shift 2, SALADINE? I've yet to experience anything quite like the thrill of having an FC Rx7 in full works treatment at full noise through the Mt Panorama esses in cockpit view with a wheel and the surround cranked to 11 in that game - really impressed me.
If you haven't tried it, maybe try pick it up for cheap, it's def worth it IMO.

Trust me, if it's a car game i'm always there...

I LOVE the SHIFT series (handling problems aside). Imo, there are heaps of things that Turn 10 can take note of from those games. From the "custom car culture" to the hectic,palm sweating racing. The series oozes authenticity..shame it has been killed...

The Stig

so it looks like I work sundays (permanently) these days sadly. a colleague got sick (long term) and I cover for him now.

I was hoping this would be temporary but it appears basically permanent.

Enjoy the racing gents. Besides I suck and don't do tuning. ;)

It's a few days late, but I couldn't let this pass:
Its a race car. Pretty much all race cars are built with functionality coming first. Just so happens a body shaped by aerodynamics and a wider-track will usually look good. The 959 did not. Some cars turn out much better looking than others when based off an existing road car design.
Style is purely an matter of opinion. The 959 is (IMO) one of the best looking cars of all time -- and I've felt that way since I saw it as a kid.

On the reverse, I think Aston Martins are, by and large, hideous. But other people seem to like the way they look, and that's fine by me.

Trust me, if it's a car game i'm always there...

I LOVE the SHIFT series (handling problems aside). Imo, there are heaps of things that Turn 10 can take note of from those games. From the "custom car culture" to the hectic,palm sweating racing. The series oozes authenticity..shame it has been killed...

Really? Shifts dead and gone?
vadernooooooooo.jpg

I know it's a little blasphemous mebtioning it here, but I've never been so fired up and switched on playing a racing game as I was when I first played shift with a wheel.

Graphics and bug issues aside, I just found I enjoyed the driving aspect of shift more than any other game. It just seemed so fast and you could almost feel the grip points of the cars. They just got it so damn right.

My ultimate game would be other game 5's polished looks, forza's gameplay and modes and DLC, with shift-esque handling and (hopefully bug free and refined) physics and effects. Take my money's and kidneys.

Shaneus

Just wanted to chime in and say it's a fantastic interview. The probability of more DLC after the season pass is looking good.
Yeah, I really liked the interviewer's style, showed knowledge with the game while not seeming like a rabid fanboy or a holier-than-thou gaming journo. Also, I'm endlessly impressed with the passion and conviction that Greenawalt talks about the franchise. He's a massive credit to the gaming industry in general and a great face for the game. I'd be surprised if some of his interviews aren't responsible for pushing a few more people into buying the game.

Took some cool photos of the Testa Rossa that I thought came out quite well. Thought I'd share.
J98Na.jpg

Big shot available.

MMX0E.jpg

And I have no idea what is going on with the rear wheels of the Country Squire after tyre size upgrade... Very remeniscent of a car from carmaggeddon or something!
YeYc0.jpg

Btw, I thought I'd make one with the mustang 5.0 and AWD just for fun.

Threw on every 'max' upgrade including suspension, weight reduction and brakes, and tweaked it a bit, but it still won't turn in.

If I gift the car to someone, could they please tickle the spring rates and roll bars so I can actually enjoy driving it?

Here are some treats for you guys from the Blackhawk Museum. It's an hour from San Francisco located in Danville, CA.

1956 Jaguar C-Type Racer D-Type Roadster
421670_376149319069355_100000228693121_1432525_399455113_n.jpg

1932 Bugatti Type 50T Profilee
425921_376149409069346_179570561_n.jpg

1939 Frazer Nash/BMW 328 Sports & Touring Two-Seater
431103_376149439069343_100000228693121_1432532_1369209608_n.jpg

1974 Porsche 911 Carrera RSR
423413_376149482402672_100000228693121_1432534_1263888056_n.jpg

1977 Ferrari 308 GTB
427746_376149669069320_100000228693121_1432545_233071283_n.jpg

1956 Ferrari 625 Le Mans Spyder by Touring
429319_376149532402667_100000228693121_1432537_1497709497_n.jpg

1960 Aston Martin DB4 GT
419472_376149862402634_100000228693121_1432555_1545038223_n.jpg

1932 Rolls-Royce Phantom II Continental, Pillar-less Saloon
418475_376149875735966_100000228693121_1432556_199554543_n.jpg

1936 Mercedes-Benz Model 540K, Cabriolet A
420937_376149889069298_100000228693121_1432557_1913474560_n.jpg

1977 Porsche 935
420615_376149509069336_100000228693121_1432535_1191098590_n.jpg

1955 Alfa Romeo Model 1900 SS, Zagato (SSZ)
429026_376149792402641_100000228693121_1432552_15141740_n.jpg

Muerte_X

Sorry guys, I did want to join in this week, but I came down with something and feel like ass. I haven't even been able to practice.

zorbsie

Seriously, no races again this week? Bummer. I'm up for some non league races later in the day. If you see me on send an invite.

SarBear

Is anyone else having Live troubles?

I was online doing rivals and it kept dropping, now it won't let me load up anything Xbox Live related at all.

SarBear

I guess it's internet related, because you wouldn't believe how many attempts I have to make to just post on the forums right now.

I tried inviting you around the time you went offline :(

I went offline when I saw you racing the 2nd race because I thought it was only 2 as usual (I didn't check the races' post in much detail).

It's fine, I feel worse for you guys, as I wanted to make the races a little more crowded, than I do for myself (I'd come in last surely haha).

I hope you had some fun though.

Hit level 42 on the weekend. AI in the World Tour was starting to annoy me a bit, pushing me off the track and acting like I'm not even there in corners, so I jumped into the Event List and I've been doing races from there since.

Is there any way to "mass delete" or batch delete all the Photos I've uploaded to the Storefront in one hit? Dunno if its my connection to the Forza servers or just a limitation there, but it seems to take an eternity to delete them one-by-one.

And is the Forza server DL capped or something? Even using a download accelerator, I can't seem to download my BigShots at more than 30-32Kb/s??

zorbsie

It wasn't a big room, but I had loads of fun racing with the guys today. I'm good for next weekend. And pretty much any night you see me online. Just shoot over an invite, always down for more races.

Edit: Loved the Petro Canada Miura Crude. Only caught the back end of it during the race. lol

Top Bottom