• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Rad Agast

Picked up the game today and just finished the very first short season. I forgot how much I missed Forza.

Quck question, does any thing carry over from FM3 to 4? Other than cars that is. Haven't checked but was wondering if all the tracks are still here.

Quick question, does any thing carry over from FM3 to 4? Other than cars that is. Haven't checked but was wondering if all the tracks are still here.

Carry-over? you get cars and money based on your account's progress in FM3.

All FM3 tracks made it to FM4, except New York, Sidewinder and the full Amalfi course.

G Rom

I hit level 50 for the affinity achievement, will this cap be lifted in the patch or is it just the player level cap?
Congrats, I'm nowhere near level 50 myself. I use too many different cars from different manufacturers for that. I think I have Chevy at level 19 and probably at least a dozen of manufacturers at level 10+ including a bunch at level 15+... :D

Seanspeed

Banned
Thats an awesome picture!

I was quite fond of Amalfi.
Me and Op Ivy feel your pain, bro. That was a fantastic track. Problem for me is that Forza 4 is such an improvement on FM3 that I dont think I can go back.

It wasn't a big room, but I had loads of fun racing with the guys today. I'm good for next weekend. And pretty much any night you see me online. Just shoot over an invite, always down for more races.
What we need to do is start using the 'Invite Club Members' option more when we're racing online. The League stuff obviously isn't working out too well right now, but that doesn't mean we cant take advantage of our 80-90 members to get some GAF members racing with other, even if its in public lobbies.

I'm going to start doing this from now on. No pressure to join up, but if you're playing and not doing anything important, it'd be great if you joined up.

Yeah, had a good time racing guys!

I am wanting to try to do our GAF-Am Endurance Race next Monday night. If you are interested, let me know what times work best for you. (EST if possible.)

It will probably be anywhere from 1 - 1.5 hours.

Congrats, I'm nowhere near level 50 myself. I use too many different cars from different manufacturers for that. I think I have Chevy at level 19 and probably at least a dozen of manufacturers at level 10+ including a bunch at level 15+... :D

The Ferraris clicked with me early on but I burned myself out and took a month break from the game, when the 312 P hit those last 10 levels flew by.

Thats an awesome picture!

Thanks!

What we need to do is start using the 'Invite Club Members' option more when we're racing online.

Yeah, in fact, I did use it when hosting today, figuring at worst we'd have to throw some cars in the club garage.

I am wanting to try to do our GAF-Am Endurance Race next Monday night. If you are interested, let me know what times work best for you. (EST if possible.)

5:30-11pm EST I'm available.

Mobius 1

Quick romp through the Ring today.

iG2PFBUoiMKSA.jpg

Now why can't we have a gold on chrome paint option for all cars? :-(
Y3511.jpg

Sorty, but I did use a 'clarify' tool on my iPhone to tidy this one up a bit.

Here's the same one with a slight HDR effect:
CPQ6K.jpg

cbox

wow that's impressive, I need to get back into f4.

I'll be able to resurrect my matte grey flying lizard from forza 3 :D

Oh well, I guess I can always go back to FM3 if I want to play the missing tracks. I was quite fond of Amalfi.

It seems like a lot of geometry was cut back from the tracks to accommodate the new IBL.

Amafli and NYC had a lot of background buildings and I imagine once you added the engine on top of that, the performance wasn't there. Montesserat and Sedona are both examples that are missing some detail in the transition. I really miss Amalfi as it was a fantastic course to just cruise. Now we really only have Kaido for that.

NYC isn't a huge loss because the course was uninteresting, but it still added some variety to an otherwise circuit-based track selection.

Rad Agast

I know I'm late to the party but is there any word on whether we will be getting the FT86 or any of its sisters? (the Subaru or the Scion).

Edit:
U n i o n 0015: speaking of Fujimi Kaido, I'm just starting an event there with my 89 MR2 yay.

G Rom

I know I'm late to the party but is there any word on whether we will be getting the FT86 or any of its sisters? (the Subaru or the Scion).

Edit:
U n i o n 0015: speaking of Fujimi Kaido, I'm just starting an event there with my 89 MR2 yay.
Sony has the exclusivity on the triplet for now, that's why we don't have them. Hopefully the exclusivity will run out before FM4's DLC support ends...

Pepto

Banned
Finally bought a new set of pedals to replace those shitty fanatec standard pedals. The difference is huge.

Before the pedals would apply some brakes randomly and driving with them was a nightmare. Now I can actually drive those Aussie V8 cars with simulation steering turned on.

I'd like to find some other confirmation but at least according to this past weeks Weekend Confirmed Podcast the Porsche expansion pack contains 5 new tracks (in addition to some 30 cars and some other new events). Am I late to the party on this or did the Weekend Confirmed guys misspeak?

I'd like to find some other confirmation but at least according to this past weeks Weekend Confirmed Podcast the Porsche expansion pack contains 5 new tracks (in addition to some 30 cars and some other new events). Am I late to the party on this or did the Weekend Confirmed guys misspeak?

Nothing has been announced regarding tracks. Don't get our hopes up! I would kill for five new tracks.

Alright guys, I need some help. My old laptop made doing videos rather difficult so I finally caved in and got a nice new one. However, now I don't know what to do! I am feeling creatively bankrupt, so I need your help. Give me ideas of Forza videos you want to see. My capture card is nice and I can record at a full 720P/60FPS.

I also want to get my old blog back up and running, so I figure some videos would help. Come on guys, I need some help!!!!

Rad Agast

Sony has the exclusivity on the triplet for now, that's why we don't have them. Hopefully the exclusivity will run out before FM4's DLC support ends...

Boo! At leas we're getting Porsche back. Exclusive cars is a bitch. I'll make due with the Trueno for now but I hope to see the new ones in here this year.

I am not sure if any of you have ever seen C'était un Rendez-vous before. It is a classic video of a guy blasting through Paris to the tune of a V12 Ferrari engine. I wanted to try and do a video with that same spirit in Forza 4. However, there just isn't really a great course for it without Amalfi Long.

So here is my attempt at that idea:

Cétait un rendez-vous avec Forza 4

I am also uploading a few other videos and they will be on my YouTube Channel.

Edit: Nevermind. For some reason, it came out as terrible quality. I am going to see what is going on and retry it later.

I am not sure if any of you have ever seen C'était un Rendez-vous before. It is a classic video of a guy blasting through Paris to the tune of a V12 Ferrari engine. I wanted to try and do a video with that same spirit in Forza 4. However, there just isn't really a great course for it without Amalfi Long.

So here is my attempt at that idea:

Cétait un rendez-vous avec Forza 4

I am also uploading a few other videos and they will be on my YouTube Channel.

Edit: Nevermind. For some reason, it came out as terrible quality. I am going to see what is going on and retry it later.

How'd you go?
Have you tried Dropbox to upload to?

Also, I just beat your Montoya Rivals time.....with a controller (man it's a piss poor car/track/controller combination - much prefer the wheel).

EDIT: Feels good, man...
nzPGn.jpg

The problem wasn't YouTube. I have been using Windows Live Movie Maker to edit and convert them from my Capture box. I got a new computer, but I didn't save my Forza settings to this new computer. So when it converted it, it used a really REALLY low bitrate. So they came out looking horrible.

And of course I deleted the raw files without checking the outputs first. But it is for the best as I am trying to think of a better way to do that C'était un Rendez-vous video.

I didn't know there was a JPM Rivals event. What's the car/track combo? How's his time? Consumer friendly I'm guessing. He's a long time sim racing fan. I'm happy to see him get involved.

Seanspeed

Banned
I didn't know there was a JPM Rivals event. What's the car/track combo? How's his time? Consumer friendly I'm guessing. He's a long time sim racing fan. I'm happy to see him get involved.

Corvette ZR1 at Indy(road course).

His time is like a 1:32.5 or something, but its dirty, so you just need to set a clean lap at the moment. There's a possibility he'll set a clean lap later, though, so its probably best to try and beat his time if you want to be safe.

Corvette ZR1 at Indy(road course).

His time is like a 1:32.5 or something, but its dirty, so you just need to set a clean lap at the moment. There's a possibility he'll set a clean lap later, though, so its probably best to try and beat his time if you want to be safe.

His current time is 1:32:117 clean.

Very tough challenge for me. Took about an hour to cut two seconds off my original clean time and I had to use nearly all the assists to do it. The combination of the car and the track constantly works to throw off the ZR1's stability.

Mascot

I so want this to be true, but there are new EVENTS with the Porsche Pack, not tracks.

sneaky77

yeah I heard it too I think they got it wrong, they only said 5 new events on the info released.

Seanspeed

Banned
His current time is 1:32:117 clean.

Very tough challenge for me. Took about an hour to cut two seconds off my original clean time and I had to use nearly all the assists to do it. The combination of the car and the track constantly works to throw off the ZR1's stability.

Ah, he must have finally improved it then.

zorbsie

Has there been any updates on the title update? I wonder what they will do for those of us who hit 150 awhile ago. Did the system keep a record of the XP? Or are those all lost?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Has there been any updates on the title update? I wonder what they will do for those of us who hit 150 awhile ago. Did the system keep a record of the XP? Or are those all lost?

was wondering the same thing. would be pretty awesome to apply the update and instantly go up 20+ levels and earn tens of millions of credits in the process. i doubt it though

Seanspeed

Banned
Very unlikely. And no, still no updates on when the patch hits.

Did Montoya use any assists to get that time?
Apparently none.

Traction control is being used by many of the top guys, though, so if you're struggling, dont feel less manly for turning that on. Its definitely a difficult car to drive around there.

Yeah, on the Facebook page they took votes for what the prize car will be. Thankfully the Mines R34 won out.

Oh, badass. Always happy to get a shot at a unicorn. Still want to get my hands on the GT500.

I heard that even with the title update, you won't get credit rewards beyond Level 150. Which sucks, because what is the point of going past 150 if you don't get any reward?

Rad Agast

I have a feeling this has been asked before so forgive me for repeating a question but what's the deal with my stock cars having better rating than the AI stock of the same model? Is there a way for me to lower my rating while keeping the stock settings?

yeah I heard it too I think they got it wrong, they only said 5 new events on the info released.
I figured they misspoke, but they actually said 30 new cars, 5 new tracks and something like 15 new events on the podcast.

And of course, even if there are new tracks all of those 5 could technically be in the same environment.

But yeah, for now I'm considering it a rumor and nothing more.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I have a feeling this has been asked before so forgive me for repeating a question but what's the deal with my stock cars having better rating than the AI stock of the same model? Is there a way for me to lower my rating while keeping the stock settings?

if its a reward car, they come with generic upgrades to put them at or near the top of the starting class and you should be able to remove them.

I figured they misspoke, but they actually said 30 new cars, 5 new tracks and something like 15 new events on the podcast.

And of course, even if there are new tracks all of those 5 could technically be in the same environment.

But yeah, for now I'm considering it a rumor and nothing more.

that would certainly bring me back immediately and frothing. otherwise, dont care about the Porsche pack. not getting worked up at this point though - i've been hurt by disappointment before!

Oh, badass. Always happy to get a shot at a unicorn. Still want to get my hands on the GT500.

I heard that even with the title update, you won't get credit rewards beyond Level 150. Which sucks, because what is the point of going past 150 if you don't get any reward?

that... would make the update incredible pointless, so, knowing turn 10, thats probably correct.

Top Bottom