• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Are you going to do any more Guest Drives? I really dug your C1 Vette lap.

Got the new videos up! First is my new lap:

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 6 - Pagani Huayra

I...I honestly don't know what to say. This car is complete shit. The power seems incredibly peaky and the gearing just feel completely wrong. The front tires can't handle any speed at all and so corners have to be taken way slower than you would think. Plus it seems to generate almost no downforce at speed. I would attempt to take fairly easy corners and either the back end would just slip out, or the front tires would lose all traction. And with the peaky power, you can't even begin to try and use the throttle to help because the car will then just lose traction on the rear wheels. So then you will have all four wheels sliding as you fly into a wall. This is seriously the least enjoyable lap I have run so far and makes me wish I would have gone with the old school Maserati 300 (which I will be doing tomorrow). The only nice thing I can say about this car is that the engine sounds rather nice.

And I have the next Guest Drive up:

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 3 - BMW #2 M3 GTR

This is definitely worth a watch as LoopofHenle really flings this thing around. Lovely sounding car and incredibly quick driving!

Edit: Also, are there any photoshop gurus out there that would be willing to create a nice avatar for me that represents this series? Something I can use on Forums and for my YouTube profile? I would really appreciate it!

G Rom

Yeah the Huyara is terrible in stock form. My theory is that the game isn't taking into account all the active aero, which would explain the terrible handling of the car.
Aero is actually something I've been requesting to be worked on since FM3. There's massive room for improvement. I want to feel the effect of active aero (eg : airbrakes), I want aero repairs (finally), I want realistic aero damages, etc...

Yeah the Huyara is terrible in stock form. My theory is that the game isn't taking into account all the active aero, which would explain the terrible handling of the car.
Aero is actually something I've been requesting to be worked on since FM3. There's massive room for improvement. I want to feel the effect of active aero (eg : airbrakes), I want aero repairs (finally), I want realistic aero damages, etc...

It is crazy man, I seriously didn't expect it to be so terrible. By the way, are you going to join us in doing a few laps of the Days of (Green) Hell series?

G Rom

It is crazy man, I seriously didn't expect it to be so terrible. By the way, are you going to join us in doing a few laps of the Days of (Green) Hell series?

Would be glad to, I've been thinking about what cars I'd like to run around the track but it's very hard to choose favorites with this car list ! :D
Do you have a list of the cars already used or planned to be ?

BTW, a replay pro tip that I thought might interest you for your videos. Press RT right from the loading (to prevent the start of the car when the loading is finished), press start to pause while still pressing RT. You can now release RT and change the camera. Then if you stop messing with the controls, the replay HUD will disappear after a few seconds. Just press start again to start the replay. This will give you a proper HUD-less start. :)

Edit : Had not seen the link keeping track of the videos, sorry. :D

Where is the rest of you guys? OpIvy here has done more Guest Driver spots than the rest of you combined! We need more! Come on SarBear, Crude, Seanspeed, Rota, Ox, British Meat, Drugstore Cowboy, REW, Zorbs, Union, etc!!!

I might give it a go, but I really don't like FMs ring. I might do it in something slow, maybe a rotary?

Would be glad to, I've been thinking about what cars I'd like to run around the track but it's very hard to choose favorites with this car list ! :D
Do you have a list of the cars already used or planned to be ?

BTW, a replay pro tip that I thought might interest you for your videos. Press RT right from the loading (to prevent the start of the car when the loading is finished), press start to pause while still pressing RT. You can now release RT and change the camera. Then if you stop messing with the controls, the replay HUD will disappear after a few seconds. Just press start again to start the replay. This will give you a proper HUD-less start. :)

Edit : Had not seen the link keeping track of the videos, sorry. :D

I thought pressing start again shows the HUD again? If not then THANK YOU! That stupid little HUD thing has been the bane of my existence. I have tried so many different things to get a completely clean replay. I will definitely try out your suggestion on the next video and let you know. Thanks!

Doing the R1 World Championship from Events list at the moment - in the Acura #15 Lowe's Fernandez ARX-01b. Geez that thing is on rails. Such a nice car to drive.

Where is the rest of you guys? OpIvy here has done more Guest Driver spots than the rest of you combined! We need more! Come on SarBear, Crude, Seanspeed, Rota, Ox, British Meat, Drugstore Cowboy, REW, Zorbs, Union, etc!!!

Sorry, I've just been super busy these days on Sundays. It's either my GF hanging out or riding if the weather is nice. Friday night has really on been the best night for me to play online.

Just thought I would share some cool photos I took of the Mazda 787B.
Ran this thing around LeMans and Bernese Alps. Performed really well (still despise the noise that T10 made it make....)
6994872347_53c201e542_z.jpg

BIGShot available

6994946611_ef4b9cf97e_z.jpg

6994994467_e9ed684280_z.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Jesus dude!! I thought that first pic was real when I first looked at it.

Thanks, man.
I'm spewin' I lost the settings after that one - I was messing around and accidentally quit out and saved the messed up settings :-(

I don't really like the second pic but I felt it was something a little different.

The third pic looks a tad need for speedy.... But it looked cool I thought.

So what's the rules, I do the lap and send the replay to Shortt?

Yeah. If you look at one of the videos, I use certain "rules" for the lap:
No HUD
No Map
Cockpit view only
No assists
No rewind
One lap only

All cars are welcome if we haven't done them yet or if I don't have it planned. I would love to get almost all the cars in the game on this but I doubt it will happen.

Yes.

We need to keep track of what cars have been used, however.

Got it covered: 50 Days of (Green) Hell

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
just added a #009 DBR9 (drunken) lap. quite impressed considering i'm hammered!

sneaky77

No HUD
No Map
Cockpit view only
No assists
No rewind
One lap only

All cars are welcome if we haven't done them yet or if I don't have it planned. I would love to get almost all the cars in the game on this but I doubt it will happen.

I'll give it a shot sometime this week

SarBear

No HUD
No Map
Cockpit view only
No assists
No rewind
One lap only

*Car must be stock

G Rom

Great photos, 787B is instant win in my books ! :)

I was watching a replay and just noticed that I got the trigger wrong earlier. It's LT and not RT that's used to rewind...

Also, I had never noticed how different the car behaviour was between replay and in-game car when watching in cockpit view. In replay, it's like there's online lag even though you're running offline, it's very weird...

BTW, if that's ok, I think the first car I'll use will be the E39 M5.

Great photos, 787B is instant win in my books ! :)

I was watching a replay and just noticed that I got the trigger wrong earlier. It's LT and not RT that's used to rewind...

Also, I had never noticed how different the car behaviour was between replay and in-game car when watching in cockpit view. In replay, it's like there's online lag even though you're running offline, it's very weird...

BTW, if that's ok, I think the first car I'll use will be the E39 M5.

My guess as to why that happens is that Forza uses a system similar to GT. It doesn't really record your lap, it just records the inputs and such. Then it replicates those in the game engine during replay. The only problem is that there are a million different variables that can make it different than what really happened.

And you go right ahead! I love that M5, but I am going to take my car (E36 M3) around the Ring instead.

shortt, do you have a list of cars you were planning on doing? should we get "clearance" from you before running a certain car?

I have a small list HERE.

Outside of a small list of cars I love, I really doubt I will mind what cars people use. Hell, if I love the car enough I will just do a lap also!

So I guess I am saying to not worry about asking. Just do whatever cars you guys love and I will add them in. It's more fun to run cars you enjoy and that is really what this is about.

op_ivy

Well, I did:

M3 GTR
RT 12 R

And...

...a secret.

just a heads up, i did the 2005 #2 Team BMW Motorsport M3-GTR. not to say that you cant do the same car though.

EDIT: unless you meant the 2001 #6 Prototype Technology Group M3-GTR??

SarBear

just a heads up, i did the 2005 #2 Team BMW Motorsport M3-GTR. not to say that you cant do the same car though.

EDIT: unless you meant the 2001 #6 Prototype Technology Group M3-GTR??

I was told to do a slower car than the 575M....so I went like 10 PI slower with the "Street Version" of the M3.

I might be creating too much work for myself, but I have thought of a fun little side series we could do.

I would like to get everyone who is doing this to run the same car around the same course. I think it would be really interesting to see how different our driving styles are.

I was thinking of the Viper ACR, but I am not sure what track yet. I want something technical and fairly long. I was considering the name "Charming the Snake" for the series.

Maybe this is better left until after we get tired of the Ring, but I am open to suggestions. I just am really getting into driving and testing stock cars in Forza now.

I am also going to do some OtherGame5 captures on SSR7. I have been watching top speed Wangan runs and it has given me a fun idea for some new videos.

op_ivy

I might be creating too much work for myself, but I have thought of a fun little side series we could do.

I would like to get everyone who is doing this to run the same car around the same course. I think it would be really interesting to see how different our driving styles are.

I was thinking of the Viper ACR, but I am not sure what track yet. I want something technical and fairly long. I was considering the name "Charming the Snake" for the series.

Maybe this is better left until after we get tired of the Ring, but I am open to suggestions. I just am really getting into driving and testing stock cars in Forza now.

I am also going to do some OtherGame5 captures on SSR7. I have been watching top speed Wangan runs and it has given me a fun idea for some new videos.

camino extreme would be a good choice for track. sounds interesting and may help the 50 days thing from growing stale

camino extreme would be a good choice for track. sounds interesting and may help the 50 days thing from growing stale

That was what I was thinking. Maybe give a nice change of scenery.

And Camino Extreme is a fantastic course! Might have to do some practice runs with the Viper to see how it handles it. I was also thinking Suzuka Long or Infineon. I know Infineon isn't long, but its pretty technical and just a lot of fun to drive on.

SarBear

As long as i don't have to drive the "My Little Pony" Miata again I'm down.

Besides, I don't think I'll ever get tired of the 'ring.

op_ivy

That was what I was thinking. Maybe give a nice change of scenery.

And Camino Extreme is a fantastic course! Might have to do some practice runs with the Viper to see how it handles it. I was also thinking Suzuka Long or Infineon. I know Infineon isn't long, but its pretty technical and just a lot of fun to drive on.

i think camino extreme has a bit of everything, its long (enough), and the switchback section would be fun in a powerful RWD car and would be interesting to see different takes on how to handle it (e-brake and clouds of smoke!).

infineon wouldnt be a bad choice though

i think camino extreme has a bit of everything, its long (enough), and the switchback section would be fun in a powerful RWD car and would be interesting to see different takes on how to handle it (e-brake and clouds of smoke!).

infineon wouldnt be a bad choice though

Before I do this, I would need to know how many people would do it. The 50 Days of (Green) Hell thing works because no matter what, I will keep doing the laps. The Snake Charmer series would only work if we got around 15 or more people to pledge to do it. Otherwise it just loses the appeal.

So, PM if you are interested in running the Snake Charmer event. Viper ACR on Camino Extreme with the same rules as before. If enough people are interested, we will make it happen. I will keep a list on the same Google Doc as the Nurburgring laps.

Here is something new, original paint for 24hr Britcar race. It's up on the storefront if anyone likes it.

MERCEDES SL65 AMG --- TEAM TVN TURBO

6997714121_82b3cc3038_z.jpg

6997714125_f02a12fdf2_z.jpg

6997714127_6a9ce15a59_z.jpg

6997714111_ce68c15445_z.jpg

Seanspeed

Banned
Sorry I wasn't around for the races yesterday. I didn't get home til like 1:30 and I was in no position or mood to be playing the game. Plus, I desperately wanted to watch the F1 race. I'm keeping the car I built for it, though. It turned out really well. I was running 1:33's at Laguna Seca in practice with it.

I'm down for the 'Charming the Snake' bit.

Sorry I wasn't around for the races yesterday. I didn't get home til like 1:30 and I was in no position or mood to be playing the game. Plus, I desperately wanted to watch the F1 race. I'm keeping the car I built for it, though. It turned out really well. I was running 1:33's at Laguna Seca in practice with it.

I'm down for the 'Charming the Snake' bit.

We meed some more Ring laps too. Your Sesto Elemento one is being uploaded tonight and I have watched it like 3x already. Bloody quick lap man!

amar212

You are so damn tallented for this Haterz.

I have all you designs since the first one and I really enjoy to see such great talent for *understanding* the philosophy behind designing liveries.

You are doing great job, really something on the other extreme of *photo realistic* work done by some other tallenged guys. While I habe equal amount of respect for their work, talent and effort, I really never wanted to have any of those photo-real moments on any of vehicles.

But on the other hand, your work is something that looks so genuine, true, real and in accordance to the real-life liveries that I have it an my stock cars despite my personal goal of having all cars on pure-white colors only.

Great work, I really wish you to get much more out of it than praise here on GAF - which you certainly deserve.

Top Bottom