• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

it will be really cool, and a nice resource currently lacking, to have a HUGE number of cars featured doing laps. Great project!

please add my zr1 lap from a few days ago too =)

I am glad people are interested. It really started out with just an excuse to run the Ring and use my capture card, but I am really having fun with it. It is definitely taking more time than I anticipated with all the recording, converting and uploading but I am enjoying it. And i appreciate everyone helping out and doing laps. It is really interesting to see how people handle different cars around the same course.

G Rom

MURDERFACE!Edit:Calling dibs on..07 Mustang GT500Ferrari F40 Competizionefucking Delorean

Hahaha, this had to happen with such a great car list.

But yeah the F50GT is just incredible and the sound... :eek:
motherofgod.jpg
And it's been that way since PGR3, 6.5 (!) years ago. :)

amar212

I did a lap with the 2011 Weissmann.

Could do mich better on the post-Carussel sections, but it is late now and I had a damn long day :)

All aids off, sim steering, full 900 CSRE wheel. Will try to improve these days, but please feel free to grab it from my SF when you catch up. Gamertag is the same as my username here.

Regs.

Got the new vids up:

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 9 - Honda NSX-R

I can't help it, I love this car. It looks gorgeous, handles like a dream and goes like stink. What more could you expect from a car that Senna helped fine tune? The balance is incredible and you can get yourself out of situations that would destroy most other cars. While the sound isn't the greatest in game, it still just sounds "right" for car. Slightly understated with just enough aggression to make you know you aren't dealing with your moms Accord. One of the few truly usable supercars.

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 6 - TVR Sagaris

LoopofHenle handles this car quite well considering it is a TVR. They aren't exactly known for their...manners.

SarBear

Got the new vids up:

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 9 - Honda NSX-R

I can't help it, I love this car. It looks gorgeous, handles like a dream and goes like stink. What more could you expect from a car that Senna helped fine tune? The balance is incredible and you can get yourself out of situations that would destroy most other cars. While the sound isn't the greatest in game, it still just sounds "right" for car. Slightly understated with just enough aggression to make you know you aren't dealing with your moms Accord. One of the few truly usable supercars.

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 6 - TVR Sagaris

LoopofHenle handles this car quite well considering it is a TVR. They aren't exactly known for their...manners.

Impeachment!!!!!!

Arucardo

Oh yeah, I was wondering how many of you regulars use the sim steering? I find that catching slides with is harder than it should be and tend to stay with normal steering.

Activated another 3 months of xbl gold, gotta beat some rivals times tomorrow/Saturday and do that Quattro S1 lap. Need to try some of the new shared cars too :) .

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Oh yeah, I was wondering how many of you regulars use the sim steering? I find that catching slides with is harder than it should be and tend to stay with normal steering.

Activated another 3 months of xbl gold, gotta beat some rivals times tomorrow/Saturday and do that Quattro S1 lap. Need to try some of the new shared cars too :) .

i use it, but havent noticed much of a difference with the MS wheel (ie, not 900 degrees)

I use it pretty much all the time, but it definitely makes it harder to catch the car when it starts to slide. For that reason I usually use Normal steering when I drifting with the controller. Whenever I am using the Speed Wheel, I always use Sim. Speaking of, I need to get back to using that thing. It is really nice but now I am out of practice. Might start using it for the 50 Days runs.

I am doing a special extra run tonight with an R8. Audi is running a contest where you can win a day with an R8. So I am going to enter with my 50 Days R8 lap and hope for the best!

My only worry is this clause:

"The Submission must not describe or depict Sponsor’s products being used in an inappropriate, unsafe, irresponsible or unlawful manner, or encourage others to use Sponsor’s products in an inappropriate, unsafe, irresponsible or unlawful manner"

Since the Nurburgring is open to everyone to drive on, I am curious if this would really count as unsafe. I figure if it's too close to that, I might just do another video (for the next entry period) of it cruising and such. Might throw in some AutoVista stuff too.

Ok guys, here is the first shot of the real car that I was talking about earlier and some time ago :)
Here is the Nissan 370Z NISMO RC for Doran Racing and Nissan Motorsports that will run the Grand-Am Continental Tire series, first race next weekend.
The team wanted something simple but good looking at the same time, something that would show the lines of the car and keep traditional Nissan colors. Of course there was more things that I had to keep in mind and couldn't do or had to be done in a specific way but I won't bore you with the details.

Here is also a link to press release, I forgot to post it when it was up

http://www.grand-am.com/news/index.cfm?series=k&cid=51113

More pictures coming soon...

7007251779_d1b6b78b3f_z.jpg

6861229692_1be43e6550_z.jpg

Shaneus

Wait... YOU designed that? Holy shit, man... looks awesome. I mean, I've seen your designs in here before and they always look sensational, but it's good to see that talent transition into real life. Either that, or FM4 has stepped up it's photo mode considerably since I last played it ;)

Yeah, I actually did design that :) It's kinda old story, it goes back to last year when it all started. I got a random message on live asking if would I be interested in making a real live car livery. At first I thought it was a joke, just another person asking for a custom paint job that at the end would end up on his storefront, but it turned out to be actually true. I was asked to make a design for Nissan 370Z NISMO RC for Doran Racing and Nissan Motorsports, I've been contacted by the team driver BJ and this is how it all started.

Since it's a new page I thought I'llbring everything here, I hope you don't mind guys? ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok guys, here are the first shots of the real car that I was talking about earlier and some time ago :)
Here is the Nissan 370Z NISMO RC for Doran Racing and Nissan Motorsports that will run the Grand-Am Continental Tire series, first race next weekend.
The team wanted something simple but good looking at the same time, something that would show the lines of the car and keep traditional Nissan colors. Of course there was more things that I had to keep in mind and couldn't do or had to be done in a specific way but I won't bore you with the details.

Here is also a link to press release, I forgot to post it when it was up

http://www.grand-am.com/news/index.cfm?series=k&cid=51113

More pictures coming soon...

7007251779_d1b6b78b3f_z.jpg

6861229692_1be43e6550_z.jpg

So one of the best Forza livery creators got to make the real life livery for the GT Academy race cars. That is pretty freakin' awesome!

--------------------------------

I got the new videos up:

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 10 - Mines R34

Damn, I was so disappointed with this car. Every magazine and car show back in the day said this was the fastest, and best tuned, R34 ever. I remember watching the guys from Best Motoring swearing to themselves because the car was so fast around the track. But in the game it becomes an understeering pig. Yeah, you can throttle out and flip the rear out if you want to. But trying to keep it fast and smooth, it is just wants to push into every corner. I guess the saying about never meeting your heroes is right...

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 7 - Shelby Series 1
Ned Hits The Ring

Ned recently lost his job at the sheet metal factory. His dog died. His kids hate him. Last month, his wife left him, for someone she thinks looks just like George Clooney. Just this morning, some teenagers mocked his comb-over while riding the bus to his new job at the Pump-N-Munch. At this point, Ned just doesn't give a shit anymore. This is Ned driving his brand new Shelby round the Ring.

"If you don't have at least two wheels over the rumble strip then you're doing it wrong." -Ned

And:

50 Days of (Green) Hell Special - #WantanR8

This is the video I did to try and win the #WantAnR8 contest. I wasn't going to link it originally but I just had such a great time with this car. It sounds fantastic and is an absolute BLAST to drive fast. I actually am a bit more aggressive on this lap than I am on most because the car just feels like it wants you to be rough it. It just wants you choke it and slap it and call it a dirty whore while you fling it around a track with abandon. *cough* Plus it is goddam SEXY!

SarBear

....insane pictures of a lovely car.

SICK, my friend!! I cannot wait for you to get ahold of the Porsche pack and do your thing. I need first dibs!!!

I got the new videos up:

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 10 - Mines R34

Damn, I was so disappointed with this car. Every magazine and car show back in the day said this was the fastest, and best tuned, R34 ever. I remember watching the guys from Best Motoring swearing to themselves because the car was so fast around the track. But in the game it becomes an understeering pig. Yeah, you can throttle out and flip the rear out if you want to. But trying to keep it fast and smooth, it is just wants to push into every corner. I guess the saying about never meeting your heroes is right...

Fuckin' turbo sounds amazing in the cockpit of that car! She's definitely a handful, that's for sure. After a decent tune, I still have to pace myself with this car. Not nearly as frustrating at the ZR1, but it will definitely punish you for not respecting it.

It's so cool to see other driving styles. Rotavelle, you're a monster on that Shelby.

This is the video I did to try and win the #WantAnR8 contest. I wasn't going to link it originally but I just had such a great time with this car. It sounds fantastic and is an absolute BLAST to drive fast. I actually am a bit more aggressive on this lap than I am on most because the car just feels like it wants you to be rough it. It just wants you choke it and slap it and call it a dirty whore while you fling it around a track with abandon. *cough* Plus it is goddam SEXY!

Oh my.

That was a bit purple.

Some notes about the Title Update that I have found around the net:

* The leveling is NOT retroactive
* There are NO rewards past 150
* Garage scrolling is MUCH improved
* Lobbies seem much more stable
* Public Lobbies seem to fill up much more often.

SarBear

REALLY pisses me off about no monetary rewards past 150. I'm still broke as FUCK.

Edit:

Yea, everything is much smoother. Menus, applying liveries and tunes, scrolling the garage....just everything.

REALLY pisses me off about no monetary rewards past 150. I'm still broke as FUCK.

Edit:

Yea, everything is much smoother. Menus, applying liveries and tunes, scrolling the garage....just everything.

I do find that odd about no rewards. I couldn't imagine it would be that hard to give the rewards when they did all the work to create the new levels.

And thank GOD it scrolls better. Even with my small-ish garage of 250+ cars, it would stutter and lag and take forever.

SarBear

I do find that odd about no rewards. I couldn't imagine it would be that hard to give the rewards when they did all the work to create the new levels.

And thank GOD it scrolls better. Even with my small-ish garage of 250+ cars, it would stutter and lag and take forever.

I'm so fucking glad they had the balls to admit exactly what was causing the freezing. Now people can FINALLY shut the fuck up about voting being the cause of it.

Some notes about the Title Update that I have found around the net:

* The leveling is NOT retroactive
* There are NO rewards past 150
* Garage scrolling is MUCH improved
* Lobbies seem much more stable
* Public Lobbies seem to fill up much more often.

PI updates, too.

Sucks they didn't increase the garage size limit, though. 550 cars for a game that will have over 600 all said and done.

It's so cool to see other driving styles. Rotavelle, you're a monster on that Shelby.

Nah, wasn't me man, that was "Ned", my alter ego. Ned likes the sound rumble strips make under his tires. He also likes the noise the car makes when he moves that shifter thingy back and forth, so he does it a lot.

Nah, wasn't me man, that was "Ned", my alter ego. Ned likes the sound rumble strips make under his tires. He also likes the noise the car makes when he moves that shifter thingy back and forth, so he does it a lot.

CRAP! I forgot to add in your little "story." Hang on and I will edit it in.

Seanspeed

Banned
no monetary rewards after 150? Then why raise the level cap at all? Preorder cancelled.

I guess its so people can show exactly how much time they've played the game to others? Dunno if thats a good or a bad thing! lol

@Short Sirkett - you're getting pretty handy around the Ring man.

I guess its so people can show exactly how much time they've played the game to others? Dunno if thats a good or a bad thing! lol

@Short Sirkett - you're getting pretty handy around the Ring man.

Haha, thanks man. I am slowly learning.

Got the new videos up:

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 11 - Toyota GT-ONE

What do I need to say? This car is a legend and it drives like it. Sounds like a demon and goes like one too. The amount of grip and downforce is just insane and it can hit corners as fast as you have the balls to. Smooth inputs are key because it WILL bite you in the ass if you don't handle it right. Handle her like the lady she is and she will take you wherever you want. You get too rough with her and she will make you pay for it...badly. Seriously great car and a hair raising lap.

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 8 - Lancia Stratos

This is is LoopofHenle driving the Lancia Stratos

Arucardo

I did a lap in the Quattro S1 Shortt, nothing spectacular but at least I had fun doing it. I missed a shift from 4th to 5th at one point so it hit neutral :| . Man, playing with a H-shifter is so much fun.

I put the replay in my storefront.

I did a lap in the Quattro S1 Shortt, nothing spectacular but at least I had fun doing it. I missed a shift from 4th to 5th at one point so it hit neutral :| . Man, playing with a H-shifter is so much fun.

I put the replay in my storefront.

Right on man! I will try to grab it either tonight or tomorrow.

@G Rom: You have your replays up yet?

@Op Ivy: I have almost all your replays so far. I think I am only missing the 05 STi.

@Amar: I got your 2011 Weissmann lap and it has been added to the list.

To see the list, go HERE.

Edit: Don't forget that I am still looking for participants in our "Snake Charmers" series. I want to start accepting the laps next week. Same rules as the Nurburgring laps unless you guys think there might be a better way to do them.

Edit2: I am also still looking for any people who are good with Photoshop and who would be willing to make me an avatar and background for my YouTube channel. I would be up for paying something for it and would definitely credit you in each description. Also, what is everyone's opinions on adding a couple simple annotations to my videos? Something about the car or the lap time or something interesting? I am also open to any other suggestions.

G Rom

LTTP but amazing work H3rtz ! :eek:

I haven't uploaded the replays yet, I should be able to do so this week-end. My GT is Mc Kane BTW.

Now onto the title update, everything sounds good but... I just fail to understand why they don't give money after level 150. It doesn't make any sense. I mean with the way they've already altered the game, it seems that they have great flexibility in patches so I'm pretty sure adding money rewards would have been easily possible, which leads me to believe that they deliberately decided to not add more rewards. This seems like a stupid design decision. Personnaly, I don't care about growing my e-peen. I would have been ok even if it wasn't 300K at each level but something like every two levels after level 150. The career races with level rewards are equally useless as before the update IMO.

zorbsie

Felt like the 50 days needed a logo. Put these together quickly. Use any if you want or let me know how you want to change them.
50days_small18g1qs.gif

50days_small2206cg.gif

50days_small3o74h5.gif

50days_small4q64m0.gif

Seanspeed

Banned
LTTP but amazing work H3rtz ! :eek:

I haven't uploaded the replays yet, I should be able to do so this week-end. My GT is Mc Kane BTW.

Now onto the title update, everything sounds good but... I just fail to understand why they don't give money after level 150. It doesn't make any sense. I mean with the way they've already altered the game, it seems that they have great flexibility in patches so I'm pretty sure adding money rewards would have been easily possible, which leads me to believe that they deliberately decided to not add more rewards. This seems like a stupid design decision. Personnaly, I don't care about growing my e-peen. I would have been ok even if it wasn't 300K at each level but something like every two levels after level 150. The career races with level rewards are equally useless as before the update IMO.

Yea, the level cap increase was definitely a bit of a letdown. Thankfully, I'm still only like level 105-110 or something, so I've still got plenty of money to make from it. I'll be saving up a lot of money for when the Porsche pack comes out. Also, there's still Rivals mode to make a lot of easy money, but I suppose thats not going to help non-Gold members. I guess they're just presuming that people that have reached level 150 already have a crap ton of money, but a lot of people spend a ton of money, especially on some of the more expensive cars and in the auction house.

Oh well. A few more notes on the patch:

- If y'all have cars that were affected by the PI thing, make sure to check them out in your garage. I guess they'll be out-of-class now and you have to re-put liveries on them, I think(from what people online were saying, I dont have any cars affected)?

- I didn't have a single crash last night in the lobbies, but apparently they do still happen from time-to-time so dont get too upset if you get unlucky and have one early on. Its apparently not something that can be fixed 100%.

- A lot of people online I was playing with last night were saying that lag seems to be worse than before, which I noticed as well. Even people not from overseas were lagging for me. This could possibly be some compromise for the improved lobby stability. Just a warning!

Overall I'm glad the patch is out, though. The lobby problems were extremely aggravating for me.

SarBear

Yea, the level cap increase was definitely a bit of a letdown. Thankfully, I'm still only like level 105-110 or something, so I've still got plenty of money to make from it. I'll be saving up a lot of money for when the Porsche pack comes out. Also, there's still Rivals mode to make a lot of easy money, but I suppose thats not going to help non-Gold members. I guess they're just presuming that people that have reached level 150 already have a crap ton of money, but a lot of people spend a ton of money, especially on some of the more expensive cars and in the auction house.

Oh well. A few more notes on the patch:

- If y'all have cars that were affected by the PI thing, make sure to check them out in your garage. I guess they'll be out-of-class now and you have to re-put liveries on them, I think(from what people online were saying, I dont have any cars affected)?

- I didn't have a single crash last night in the lobbies, but apparently they do still happen from time-to-time so dont get too upset if you get unlucky and have one early on. Its apparently not something that can be fixed 100%.

- A lot of people online I was playing with last night were saying that lag seems to be worse than before, which I noticed as well. Even people not from overseas were lagging for me. This could possibly be some compromise for the improved lobby stability. Just a warning!

Overall I'm glad the patch is out, though. The lobby problems were extremely aggravating for me.

Do you ever race S class in public lobbies? That's about all I race online.

zorbsie

Dude!! Those are awesome!! I am definitely going to use those! And I will give you full credit. Thanks man!

You picked the one I liked the most. Here it is avatar size. Your current one seems a little off.
50days_avatark3k7z.gif

No monetary gains for levels past 150 is a bit of a bummer. But I find that just having the bar fill again is making me want to play more. It's weird but it feels like I'm progressing again. 68% complete on the events now.

Seanspeed

Banned
Do you ever race S class in public lobbies? That's about all I race online.

Yea. I'm usually doing B, A and S-class, depending on which lobbies look the best. A is my favorite, but S-class is good, too. I need to build more cars for it, though. I've got some real good ones(F50, Zonda, RGT-8, Rossion Q1), but I dont like pulling those out in lobbies too much.

Arucardo

I did the Camino Extreme lap in the ACR Viper Shortt, added it to my storefront too.

That car isn't nearly as tail happy as I remembered, got a smoother lap done than I expected.

Top Bottom