• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Seriously H3rtz, your stuff is amazing. You really need to enter any and all livery contests that exist. Like Amar said, you have an incredible eye for what constitutes actual liveries.

What would it cost to get you to do some requested liveries? Because I would pay an unhealthy amount.

Arucardo

How did I miss this 50 Days thing? Great idea! I'll see if I can turn in a lap in something interesting next weekend.

Finally got my CSR Shifters, feels awesome to be able to use a H shifter in games again. Still have the G25 but I haven't used the shifter or wheel since I got the PWTS.

Need to get some more XBL gold time again so I can race online now that I have driving with a clutch and heel-toeing down. Used to mess up my driving lines completely when I had to think and focus on downshifting.

Auction House makes me sad :(
Spent a good chunk of last night trying to pickup a Ferrari 333SP, but they all went for either the same price as they do buying in-game, or more haha.. (Only to appear back 20 minutes later, with a livery, and +2 million on the asking price).

I remember getting some great deals in Forza 3 from the Auction House, but haven't seen much in the way of a 'steal' yet in F4. Tried to get myself a 599 GTO from auction last week too, but ended up buying one from the store as most has special liveries or whatever, so were going too expensive.

Guess being late to the party, so to speak, I've not got the disposable income some must have by now to blow on auctions either though.

Auction House makes me sad :(
Spent a good chunk of last night trying to pickup a Ferrari 333SP, but they all went for either the same price as they do buying in-game, or more haha.. (Only to appear back 20 minutes later, with a livery, and +2 million on the asking price).

I remember getting some great deals in Forza 3 from the Auction House, but haven't seen much in the way of a 'steal' yet in F4. Tried to get myself a 599 GTO from auction last week too, but ended up buying one from the store as most has special liveries or whatever, so were going too expensive.

Guess being late to the party, so to speak, I've not got the disposable income some must have by now to blow on auctions either though.

The only way to get good deals that I have found is to keep scrolling down. Because all the VIP stuff is first and then the normal accounts. So a lot of people don't even bother to scroll past all the VIP stuff.

Now unicorns are another matter. They will pretty much never be available to anyone but glitchers.

Edit: What happened to Jube? I would LOVE to get him to do a few laps for the 50 Days series, or even the Snake Charmer series.

The only way to get good deals that I have found is to keep scrolling down. Because all the VIP stuff is first and then the normal accounts. So a lot of people don't even bother to scroll past all the VIP stuff.

Now unicorns are another matter. They will pretty much never be available to anyone but glitchers.

To the bottom of the list you mean? I haven't seen anything remotely close to a good price yet even at the bottom - or is there a button I have to press to get past the VIP stuff? I'll have another look tonight anyway, but I think I'm best just continuing to grind the R3/R2/R1 World Championships, I'm making ~50k for a 11-12 minute race there now.

Yep, never expected to bother with Unicorns though haha..

SarBear

Edit: What happened to Jube? I would LOVE to get him to do a few laps for the 50 Days series, or even the Snake Charmer series.

I PM'd Jube here and over at FC.....we'll see what happens.

I really wish I could sell some of these unicorns. I have so many duplicates. Seriously, 3 Camaro SS', 3 R7s, 3 NSXs, couple Ferrari CS', some other mess. I'm tryin' to make some bank here! I buy too many tunes and liveries, people.

I PM'd Jube here and over at FC.....we'll see what happens.

I really wish I could sell some of these unicorns. I have so many duplicates. Seriously, 3 Camaro SS', 3 R7s, 3 NSXs, couple Ferrari CS', some other mess. I'm tryin' to make some bank here! I buy too many tunes and liveries, people.

Does anyone have a stock Mines R34 they could put up in the GAF Garage? I would love to take that for a lap around the Ring.

Somehow I feel this is aimed at me. I'll put it up there before the night is over. =)

Thanks man!

Got the new 50 Days video up!

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 7 - Murciélago LP670-SV

This car is amazing in all the ways the Huayra isn't. It has enough grip to rip up the pavement if you accelerate too hard and it feels just perfectly connected to the track. My lap is probably slower than it should be because I just had too much fun driving this car. It corners beautifully and the brakes are strong enough to rip your eyes out. And the sound! THE SOUND!! At full bore it sounds like angels having an orgy. Plus it just looks both gorgeous and aggressive at the same time, like a super model who is also a trained killer. This car is just perfection in vehicular form.

And the next Guest Driver segment is up:

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 4 - Lamborghini Sesto Elemento

Watch a Mr. Seanspeed work this car around the track like it is an extension of his hands. Almost perfect car control mixed with a fantastic looking (and sounding) car makes this video a must watch!

Thanks man!

Got the new 50 Days video up!

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 7 - Murciélago LP670-SV

This car is amazing in all the ways the Huayra isn't. It has enough grip to rip up the pavement if you accelerate too hard and it feels just perfectly connected to the track. My lap is probably slower than it should be because I just had too much fun driving this car. It corners beautifully and the brakes are strong enough to rip your eyes out. And the sound! THE SOUND!! At full bore it sounds like angels having an orgy. Plus it just looks both gorgeous and aggressive at the same time, like a super model who is also a trained killer. This car is just perfection in vehicular form.

And the next Guest Driver segment is up:

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 4 - Lamborghini Sesto Elemento

Watch a Mr. Seanspeed work this car around the track like it is an extension of his hands. Almost perfect car control mixed with a fantastic looking (and sounding) car makes this video a must watch!

Just saw your post on reddit.

SarBear

Didn't know you were on there! I also created a subreddit to keep track of all the videos and such. It is /r/50DaysofGreenHell.

I would really like to get this series more views, but I am not sure the best way to do that. Any suggestions?

Forzacentral.net forums. There's a forum for multimedia uploads. Turn10's Facebook is decent, too.

Forzacentral.net forums. There's a forum for multimedia uploads. Turn10's Facebook is decent, too.

Yeah, I already have it posted in the Multimedia section but like no one has commented. Also tried the Turn10 Facebook too. I have debated sending it to Joystiq/Kotaku/Autoblog/Jalopnik but I am not sure if they would be interested. Plus I feel a little weird being all self promoting about it.

Yeah, I already have it posted in the Multimedia section but like no one has commented. Also tried the Turn10 Facebook too. I have debated sending it to Joystiq/Kotaku/Autoblog/Jalopnik but I am not sure if they would be interested. Plus I feel a little weird being all self promoting about it.

It is pretty friggen kewl though.
I watched the XJ220 vid and it was awesome.
Does anyone know if the Jag had a BOV sound IRL?
The engine sounds great, but you can tell there is more power in there waiting to get out, its just strangled by a weak powerband - but the BOV/WG is kind of lame.
Great driving too, I kind of like the fact that there were a few missed apexes and slight grass rides, adds a bit of a human feel to it.
Also, were you using a wheel, because the in game wheel and hands were smoothly transitioning from left to right turns and corrections - whereas when i drive cockpit view with the control pad, its a bit jerky.
Well done.

EDIT:
Decided to take some cars for a spin that I normally would not have chosen - I was very surprised and impressed - especially that Astra around Hockenheim.
Here are some shots...
6850595686_f2f84b7a62_c.jpg

BIGShot available
6850593822_2c838c3bc7_c.jpg

6850593316_ee9d3cae5d_c.jpg

6850595190_30e6c24687_c.jpg

6850592604_e466e1cdd8_c.jpg

6850594700_2be591e6a6_c.jpg

6850594206_7ba6acb64f_c.jpg

It is pretty friggen kewl though.
I watched the XJ220 vid and it was awesome.
Does anyone know if the Jag had a BOV sound IRL?
The engine sounds great, but you can tell there is more power in there waiting to get out, its just strangled by a weak powerband - but the BOV/WG is kind of lame.
Great driving too, I kind of like the fact that there were a few missed apexes and slight grass rides, adds a bit of a human feel to it.
Also, were you using a wheel, because the in game wheel and hands were smoothly transitioning from left to right turns and corrections - whereas when i drive cockpit view with the control pad, its a bit jerky.
Well done.

EDIT:
Decided to take some cars for a spin that I normally would not have chosen - I was very surprised and impressed - especially that Astra around Hockenheim.
Here are some shots...

Thank you man, I am glad you are digging it. Yeah, that V6TT is just terrible. The powerband is just so worthless, you can really see why people were so upset by it when it first came out. I always thought it was such a cool supercar and never understood the hate. After one lap, let's just say I fully understand it now. lol

And I am honest shocked to hear you say my driving is smooth. I wonder if it's just the replay being nice to me because I always think my driving is jerky. I use the pad and I always feel like I am sawing at the sticks trying to keep the thing on the road. I honestly thought I was anything BUT smooth! But thanks man, I appreciate it!

And those are some amazing pics dude! You really have the realistic look down!

And I am honest shocked to hear you say my driving is smooth. I wonder if it's just the replay being nice to me because I always think my driving is jerky. I use the pad and I always feel like I am sawing at the sticks trying to keep the thing on the road. I honestly thought I was anything BUT smooth! But thanks man, I appreciate it!

Well the steering inputs looked reasonably smooth to me as I use more of a 'tap-tap' style and the in car view looks pretty average when I drive, as does the outside car in replay.

Thanks, I think I used a little too much colour on a couple, but I think they worked just fine.

SarBear

@shortt:

You're definitely learning better racing lines, my friend. As soon as you took the first turn I saw that. Keep at it and you'll be getting questions from me and Seanspeed in no time.

@seanspeed:

Great lap man! That car is so stiff and you made it seem like it could actually turn pretty easily. I don't know how you dealt with the 70s shag carpet interior, but great driving nonetheless!

Thanks man. I still feel like I am driving like a moron, but each lap makes me feel better and better about the course. There is still a lot of it that I don't quite remember, but it is getting better.

I was looking around Google+ (I know, I know) and some other sites and I am pretty impressed by how many different car companies use Forza as an advertising tool. Mazda had a post about the 787B being recorded by T10 and even Aston Martin had a video just about the new Zagato from the last DLC.

I think it would be cool to see more car companies use the game for test driving purposes or even as a way to really show off their cars. An interactive AutoVista for their halo cars would be a really nifty marketing tool.

Judging by the free DLC in FM3/FM4, I think BMW & Hyundai are the only companies to see that. Probably a smarter move from Hyundai as their cars are more easily in reach of the average Forza player.

An interactive AutoVista for their halo cars would be a really nifty marketing tool.

If I was an auto company I would be asking T10 if they can build my company an Autovista experience for my cars.

Imagine being able to visualize in realtime--with greater accuracy than the build-your-car websites--all the exterior/interior colors and configuration options.

Xanadu

Banned
Thank you man, I am glad you are digging it. Yeah, that V6TT is just terrible. The powerband is just so worthless, you can really see why people were so upset by it when it first came out. I always thought it was such a cool supercar and never understood the hate. After one lap, let's just say I fully understand it now. lol

i disagree, i've had a ride as passenger in a xj220 and the while the sound of the car is disappointing, the surge of the turbos is fucking ridiculous, ive also had a ride in a 360CS and and a viper gts and none of them came close to the feeling of speed i got in the xj220

Arucardo

I'll try a lap in the Audi Sport Quatto S1 for the 50 Days replay on saturday if no one else does it first. Had a great first impression with it doing a few hot laps on the Alps track.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I'll try a lap in the Audi Sport Quatto S1 for the 50 Days replay on saturday if no one else does it first. Had a great first impression with it doing a few hot laps on the Alps track.

great car, but i'd imagine you'll be bouncing it off the rev limiter in the highest gear at several points on the track

So here is the list of drivers so far:

Driver 1: Shortt Sirket
Driver 2: LoopofHenle
Driver 3: Dead Poul
Driver 4: Seanspeed
Driver 5: SteelOak
Driver 6: sneaky77
Driver 7: Big Takeover
Driver 8: Crude Diatribe

I would really like to get more people in this. I want to start it soonish, so let me know if you are interested. It is the same rules as the 50 Days of (Green) Hell, but we are all using the same car on the same track.

The car will be the Viper ACR and the track will be Camino Extreme.

Snake Charmers... this isn't one of those Jergens moments Sar's always going on about is it?

I'd love to turn a lap if you've got an open spot, Shortty.

Finally got the new laps up:

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 8 - Maserati 300 S

This car, and all the old race cars, really make you respect the technology they had at the time. Terrible brakes, loose suspension and skinny tires but just so awesome to drive. You really have to separate braking and turning. Plus the tires just can't handle high speed cornering, so you have to go a lot slower than you would normally think around certain corners. But none of that matters. The car is just so much fun to drive and it sounds beautiful. Plus the open air cockpit makes it all just seem so incredible. Just a great lap all around.

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 5 - RUF RT12 R

Dead Poul (SarBear) just driving the crazy fast RUF..well...crazy fast!

SarBear

Finally got the new laps up:

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 8 - Maserati 300 S

This car, and all the old race cars, really make you respect the technology they had at the time. Terrible brakes, loose suspension and skinny tires but just so awesome to drive. You really have to separate braking and turning. Plus the tires just can't handle high speed cornering, so you have to go a lot slower than you would normally think around certain corners. But none of that matters. The car is just so much fun to drive and it sounds beautiful. Plus the open air cockpit makes it all just seem so incredible. Just a great lap all around.

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 5 - RUF RT12 R

Dead Poul (SarBear) just driving the crazy fast RUF..well...crazy fast!

You're racing so much smarter already, Shortt. Plus, that car is NOT easy to get ahold of. Slides all over the place and just refuses to brake. GREAT job! Plus it sounds MEAN!

I sent a replay to Short of me driving the FC Rx7 "crazy slow" around The Ring.

In honor of my super lame lap, and grandpa driving, i took a few snaps of my ride...

6853793076_7a6c94f370_c.jpg

BIG Shot available

6853792560_3b641ec407_c.jpg

6853791880_b54ec6d912_c.jpg

And some of the HERTZ spec Black Mercedes.
Upgraded it a bit, and was surprised how easy it handled the excess power - didn't bat an eyelid hammering it around Nurb GP.

6999916733_b4581d3543_c.jpg

6853794764_02185ab5c7_c.jpg

6999917137_00cd116d80_c.jpg

Thank you guys for the comments, much appreciated and thank you Evil for the pictures ;)

Here is a small teaser of what's coming next, it's not completely done yet, I still have to finish the main sponsor and make some more secondary sponsors but overall look will stay as it is on the pictures.

6856134076_979008489c_z.jpg

6856134084_5b2751f742_z.jpg

Thank you guys for the comments, much appreciated and thank you Evil for the pictures ;)

Here is a small teaser of what's coming next, it's not completely done yet, I still have to finish the main sponsor and make some more secondary sponsors but overall look will stay as it is on the pictures.

6856134076_979008489c_z.jpg

6856134084_5b2751f742_z.jpg

Seriously, T10 need to hire you stat to do some on-disc liveries for the next one.

Your designs are absolutely awesome.

Can I ask; what don't you charge for them? Surely they take hours and hours, and you should be rewarded.

Have you at least been recognized by T10?

Thanks mate :)

I don't charge for them cause I have more credits than I can spend so I really don't need any more :D

I don't know about T10 though, Jub3 knows my work and that's what I know. I had two job offers so far (not from T10) and made one livery for real life car (will show it soon) so I guess it's not bad for a hobby :D

I couldn't accept the offers cause I would have to move to a different city and I can't do that, at least not any time soon.

I don't charge for them cause I have more credits than I can spend so I really don't need any more :D

I don't know about T10 though, Jub3 knows my work and that's what I know. I had two job offers so far (not from T10) and made one livery for real life car (will show it soon) so I guess it's not bad for a hobby :D

I couldn't accept the offers cause I would have to move to a different city and I can't do that, at least not any time soon.

That's amazing man.
GOOD GUY HERTZ!

Well all I can say is; keep it up, for our sakes!

op_ivy

shortt, added replays of the 05 sti and #77 JGTC subaru for 50 days.

also, what are the rules for the ACR camino stuff? same as the 50 days?

SarBear

I remember you mentioning this last year. You spiked my interest then and you still have it now. Spill SOMETHING man!

G Rom

How about a lap with the Leaf or an hybrid. :D

Count me in for the ACR lap. I suppose you're talking about the most recent one ?

BTW, I did the e39 and the 905 (had to represent France some way :p) around the Nordchleife. The laps aren't perfect and they could certainly be much faster but I had fun while doing these anyway. :)
I think I'll try to do the Noble but it's such a crazy frightening beast in stock form that I'll need some more time with it before trying to do a full lap.
I'll upload all the replays later this week

How about a lap with the Leaf or an hybrid. :D

Count me in for the ACR lap. I suppose you're talking about the most recent one ?

BTW, I did the e39 and the 905 (had to represent France some way :p) around the Nordchleife. The laps aren't perfect and they could certainly be much faster but I had fun while doing these anyway. :)
I think I'll try to do the Noble but it's such a crazy frightening beast in stock form that I'll need some more time with it before trying to do a full lap.
I'll upload all the replays later this week

Right on! I am glad we are getting more people willing to do both. I feel like this is a good mix with the Weekend Races as not everyone can make those. And since it is one lap, it really isn't a large time investment.

And yeah, it is the newest Viper ACR.

As always, the list for that and the 50 Days is HERE.

op_ivy

Right on! I am glad we are getting more people willing to do both. I feel like this is a good mix with the Weekend Races as not everyone can make those. And since it is one lap, it really isn't a large time investment.

And yeah, it is the newest Viper ACR.

it will be really cool, and a nice resource currently lacking, to have a HUGE number of cars featured doing laps. Great project!

As always, the list for that and the 50 Days is HERE.

please add my zr1 lap from a few days ago too =)

Top Bottom