• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Hmm, SLS GT3 is nice and a bit unexpected, and it will be interesting to see if the AMR One stinks anywhere near as much in the game as it did in reality, but I humbly ask of you, almighty Turn 10:

Y U NO GIVE GT/GTE C6.R?!

BADNED

Here some pics of the April Alpinestars Pack:

http://tinyurl.com/cbfly77
http://tinyurl.com/ctee5t3
http://tinyurl.com/bnjqdom
http://tinyurl.com/c2fgbf3
http://tinyurl.com/bmpnrzc
http://tinyurl.com/cyrra4p
http://tinyurl.com/cv7pp6x
http://tinyurl.com/bpvnoh7
http://tinyurl.com/bux7lbq
http://tinyurl.com/cvzssab

Hmm, SLS GT3 is nice and a bit unexpected, and it will be interesting to see if the AMR One stinks anywhere near as much in the game as it did in reality, but I humbly ask of you, almighty Turn 10:

Y U NO GIVE GT/GTE C6.R?!
Not the right time, might be the answer. ;)

saladine1

Hmmm..weak pack for me. Probably 2-3 cars i'm interested in.

Mercedes 300 SEL
Mazda RX 7
Cadddy

Oh well, hopefully, after the Porsche pack i'll get to see the VL Walkinshaw, XY GT Falcon and the Mazda RX 3...:)

shinnn

forza-motorsport-4-2012-scion-tc-184106.jpg

forza-motorsport-4-2011-mercedes-benz-35-black-falcon-sls-amg-gt3-184100.jpg

Seanspeed

Banned
I usually dont complain about the DLC packs, but this one is just pure 'meh' for me. Hopefully a few of the cars will be competitive online to make it worthwhile.

Pretty solid pack, some nice diversity. No real "joke" or throwaway cars (looking at you, Pinto). Would've preferred the C63 Black Series Couple if we had to choose a late-model M-B over the SLS GT, that's okay, though.

x2 on GRom's comment about Ferraris. I hope the F12 eventually makes it into the game.

SarBear

If I get my hands on some early DLC code I will try to have something ready for SLS GT3 and Jaguar

I'm gonna have to agree. If I just happened to get an early code in my inbox I could definitely do some picture taking across Facebook and these forums. Plus, you know how pumped I could get!

DasRaven

Is it only me wishing for a '12 M3?

An E92? No, because its already in the game. Maybe add the E90 M3 CRT since there are no M3 sedans in the game.
If you mean an F80, there would actually have to be one to model before they could put it in the game.

G Rom

Is it only me wishing for a '12 M3?

The F80 M3 hasn't even been officially revealed yet so we'll have to wait for that before wanting to see it in the game...
As for a BWM wishlist, I'd like the new M6, the E90 3 Series (with touring car kits), the M3 DTM (along with the 2012 S5 DTM and 2012 C Class DTM), the 328, the 328 Hommage, some 7 Series (along with S Classes and S8s), the i8 Concept, etc...

But honestly, I think BMW is already pretty well covered. Among the German manufacturers, Mercedes and Opel are the ones needing a massive boost to their roster.

Edit : Beaten on the F80 M3.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
New videos are up!

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 14 - Ford Pinto

Seriously, what do you want me to say? It is a PINTO around the RING! It took forever and the car wheezed just going uphill!

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 11 - DeLorean DMC-12

Dead Poul in the equally slow DMC DeLorean.

Edit: Apparently the April DLC is going to be an "Alpinestars Pack."

whats the slow ass shit car i was supposed to drive?

i'll have to pick up a twelver on the way home ;)

Holy sheeeeit!
S3 rx7.
Best dlc ever!
Been waiting for this car forever!

Just read that it is the gsl-se, so 13B model, not 12A... <very_slightly_semi_sad_face.jpg>

Strange, I remember seeing a '12A' (as well as 13B and 20B) in the small list of rotary engines they have on the splash screen for the Rotary Engine race series. So hopefully that means that there is one more to come.....RX3?

G Rom

best trailers in the biz. some of those camera angles just look oh so good. hope we get a major overhaul for the in-game replays of fm5 to look more like these trailers

Almost completly disagree with you. While I won't deny that Turn 10 have upped their game considerably with FM4, their trailers still don't reach the level of those put out by PD and the 458 Tribute by PD still is the best trailer ever made for a racing game IMO (followed by PGR4's E3 trailer).
Also, with the exception of the last camera angle that we see on the back straight of Sebring, I don't want any of those angle in my replays. Those work fine in a trailer showcasing a single car around a track but they would be terrible for multicar racing and would be akin to a Forza Cam fest which is exactly what needs to be eradicated from FM's replays.
I agree that the replays need to be overhauled though. Focus on making them more realistic while making the game look the best possible, have multiple angle for each part of the track so that the game rotate them in multilap races, have an action replay which add cockpit/close to the wheel cams to the mix (aka PGR's action option), have a third option adding unrealistic Forza Cam for those that want it, more aerial view (not unrealistically laser tagged to the car), etc...

BTW, from what we've seen, I'm pretty sure the XKR-S will produce amazing photos. The model seems incredibly well done with no visible problem.

April car pack doesn't excite me much. I may grab the SLS solo (but I bet it'll be the "car pack required" car).

Save my pennies for the Porsche pack next month anyway, so no dramas.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Almost completly disagree with you. While I won't deny that Turn 10 have upped their game considerably with FM4, their trailers still don't reach the level of those put out by PD and the 458 Tribute by PD still is the best trailer ever made for a racing game IMO (followed by PGR4's E3 trailer).
Also, with the exception of the last camera angle that we see on the back straight of Sebring, I don't want any of those angle in my replays. Those work fine in a trailer showcasing a single car around a track but they would be terrible for multicar racing and would be akin to a Forza Cam fest which is exactly what needs to be eradicated from FM's replays.
I agree that the replays need to be overhauled though. Focus on making them more realistic while making the game look the best possible, have multiple angle for each part of the track so that the game rotate them in multilap races, have an action replay which add cockpit/close to the wheel cams to the mix (aka PGR's action option), have a third option adding unrealistic Forza Cam for those that want it, more aerial view (not unrealistically laser tagged to the car), etc...

BTW, from what we've seen, I'm pretty sure the XKR-S will produce amazing photos. The model seems incredibly well done with no visible problem.

yeah, along the same lines, i'd love a smart ai tv-like replay that focuses on the action, rather then just a specific car, and holds a shot on a corner for longer allowing you to see a larger porton of the pack take it.

we'll have to agree to disagree on the fm trailers - but i admit, not being a ps gamer, i've likely missed quite a few GT trailers

Can anyone confirm what kits will be available for the Rx7?
Got my fingers crossed for a Group C or at least a Daytona style all-round kit.

EDIT: Found another pic from GAMEINFORMER.
This model looks amazingly detailed.
1S3VN.jpg

hah, just noticed the IMGUR filename 1-SEVEN (http://imgur.com/1S3VN.jpg)

Doran Racing Nissan 370Z will be also available in Forza if anyone is interested. It won't be distributed trough the storefront though. I'll be selling it at the auction house for the price of the base car. You won't be getting only a paint and a car with the purchase, you'll be also getting a tune with it. Car is being tuned for Continental Tire Series with all the regulations in mind, just to have a complete package.

I'll try to get the sales going as soon as I can, probably this weekend. I'll be selling around 10 cars at the time with the buyout equal to the price of the car, so no need to bid. I'll let you know when the cars are up.

Cheers, HD

6877040650_25bcf85fd3_z.jpg

6877064710_3166f7a3c3_z.jpg

---

Shaneus

Doran Racing Nissan 370Z will be also available in Forza if anyone is interested. It won't be distributed trough the storefront though. I'll be selling it at the auction house for the price of the base car. You won't be getting only a paint and a car with the purchase, you'll be also getting a tune with it. Car is being tuned for Continental Tire Series with all the regulations in mind, just to have a complete package.

I'll try to get the sales going as soon as I can, probably this weekend. I'll be selling around 10 cars at the time with the buyout equal to the price of the car, so no need to bid. I'll let you know when the cars are up.

Cheers, HD

6877040650_25bcf85fd3_z.jpg

6877064710_3166f7a3c3_z.jpg

---

Definitely keen! If only to support your work... despite it only being virtual currency ;)

saladine1

I just want this

NlayL.jpg

and this

92LW4.jpg

Please Turn 10, for your next game, can you please add wide kits, flares..etc to the customization lineup?
Thanks.

I just want this

and this

92LW4.jpg

Please Turn 10, for your next game, can you please add wide kits, flares..etc to the customization lineup?
Thanks.

April 6, I'll add my Stuyvesant livery quick smart to the S3 Rx7 and I can almost die a happy man!

It's not the S2 I was hoping for but it's close enough.

I really pray for a group C kit....

I am so excite regardless.

saladine1

I don't think we'll be seeing any kind of Group C kits for this game, otherwise, we would have seen it for the other Group C , A and B cars released so far.

Turn 10 came close to what I call "period mods" in offering spoiler/bar deletes, headlight mods..etc, but ultimately, they fell short on offering the whole shebang. Visible FM oil coolers, visible FM intercoolers, wide kits, wheel arch flares, whale tails..etc should've been included as well...

I don't think we'll be seeing any kind of Group C kits for this game, otherwise, we would have seen it for the other Group C , A and B cars released so far.

Turn 10 came close to what I call "period mods" in offering spoiler/bar deletes, headlight mods..etc, but ultimately, they fell short on offering the whole shebang. Visible FM oil coolers, visible FM intercoolers, wide kits, wheel arch flares, whale tails..etc should've been included as well...

Sadly, that is all too true.

Shaneus

If my hunch tells me correctly, and these DLC packs continue, then the ones from here on out are going to be incredible.
So, the ones we have to pay for in addition to the season pass. Awesome :/

Love your work. Those British deviants could knock out an awesome trailer or two. I'm not going to mention the heart-wrenching RIP Bizarre one, but the E3 trailer (I think that's it? The intro is awesome as well) just blows me away with class. The camera shakes add just that extra bit of "Hollywood effects" that, in their absence, make FM4 still feel a little too clinical.

G Rom

Yeah the PGR4 intro is god-tier too. FM3's intro was awesome too with many types of racing showcased (and the famous wheelie at the end).
Speaking of intros, I wish we could rewatch FM4's Clarkson one... :-/

Camera shakes are one thing but I think beside that, to achieve realism, Turn 10 also has to work on getting past the video game look. BF3 looks so amazing partly because it has those shits on the camera which go a long way to make you forget that you're a virtual camera in a perfectly clean 3D space. (don't know if I'm very clear on that)
It may seem weird but I believe, Turn 10 has to introduce imperfection to make things more believable.
One example is the cockpit view, the glass should be more or less dirty depending on the the lenght of the race, whether you've been in the grass, etc... It just shouldn't be crystal clear like today.
Glass reflection like in PGR4 (again ! :p) also need to appear.
It's the same thing for the mirrors, at the moment they look like magical AMOLED screens that stay shiny no matter what...
Some BF3 like stuff on the camera could add a lot too.
Also, bring back dirt on cars with the option to remove it in photo mode (if I had my way, many thing would be switchable in photo mode :D).
Get rid of the ugly scratch textures that some car have and make better use of it (if I just rubbed the car against an opponent, it shouldn't magically become all white).
Etc..
So many little things could add a lot...

Although, all that would have to be done after they've nailed realistic colors and look on all tracks, made the massive bloom a thing of the past and added better HDR.

Sorry about the lack of videos yesterday guys, but I am moving into a new apartment and we don't have internet yet. Should have it today, so I will try to get new ones up later.

And I am seriously stocked about this pack. Almost all the cars are great, but the Volvo 805R is one of my dream cars and I LOOOOVVEE me some fast wagons.

Plus that beast of a Merc is going to be awesome to flog around.

All in all I really dig this next pack.

saladine1

G Rom is right on the money. It also doesn't help that the game runs at 60fps which makes the game look even more...well gamey if you know what i mean.
Too clean cut, too smooth, too perfect. It definitely needs some 'imperfection' to liven it up a little.

You know, it's one thing to have realism,simulation but it's a whole other thing where AUTHENTICITY is concerned.
You can have the most realistic physics model, the most glamorous lug nuts modeled to an inch of reality, but if it lacks a soul, lacks that air of authenticity about it, then imo you have missed the mark.
There is so much authenticity missing from these games. Little things that can add a lot to immersion and such.
Things like:

Pre race sequences (marshalls,semi naked chicks,pit activity..etc)
Lively crowds ( balloons,flags,banners,people walking..etc)
Track detaill ( debris,sand,dust, rubbish,damaged/scraped walls/barriers,marbles..etc)
Car detail (dirt build up, bug splatter/dirty windows,hanging panels/parts, tyre deformation/blow outs,smokey exhausts..etc
Driver detail (period clothing, faster hand movements, reactions to crashes and other events, faster wheel movements..etc
Sound (Louder spooling/bov's, PROPER dog box whine, audible 'thudding' shifts, transmission wobble, 'echoey' cockpit when stripped out, chassis creak, overrun, lively announcer..etc
Replays (grittier filters, PROPER TV style replays, more camera movement..etc)

I would love to see 'period' filters used for replays. For example, if i'm racing in a 1970's event, I would like to see a filter used that would simulate what the 70's TV replays would have looked like...washed out colours, grainy,snowing, flickering..etc(this goes for the 50's,60's 70's and 80's..) and having the drivers wearing period attire....

So, the ones we have to pay for in addition to the season pass. Awesome :/

If the plan is for a lot more packs, I'd hope that they do a second Season Pass. For me it's just way more convenient than having to scrounge some MS points each month. Easier to just buy them all once.

cbox

this, 100%

I'd love to see damage stay on your cars for a period of time until you choose to repair them. I think NFS had that in one of their previous games. The tracks need more scuffs and marks too, sometimes they look way too clean. I'll always remember how cool Forza 1 was when you scraped against the walls, your paint would come off aswell.

They still haven't perfected the repays. I have a feeling someone higher up wants to keep some angles in and the guys programming them in just have to bend to their feedback. The floating cams are just TERRIBLE. They take any realism the replays had and just throws it out the window. It's gotten better over the years, but they still need a bunch of work. There are ways to make those angles better; such as following the car but have the camera bounce up and down with the road rather the car, this way you can see the bumps in the road and how they affect each vehicle. The game is beautiful in many ways, but those angles seem to accentuate the ugly parts. I don't give a shit what the top of my car looks like on Silverstone, the track is bad enough, let me enjoy the scenery! :p

Also! Why can't we watch two player replays? I fondly remember playing gran turismo 1 on psx back in the day and having a blast watching our battles afterwards.

shinnn

Our friends from ForzaMotorsport.FR have compiled a nice video of the new April cars including short gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HrADN2pGrg
The M5 and Jaguar are already my favorites.

edit: the cars info's

Code:
2011 Aston Martin #009 Aston Martin Racing AMR One	R1 976	2 500 000 CR
2011 Mercedes-Benz #35 Black Falcon SLS AMG GT3		R3 724	1 000 000 CR
1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible		F 182	180 000 CR
2011 Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S			B 479	130 000 CR
2012 Jaguar XKR-S					A 563	120 000 CR
1972 Mercedes-Benz 300 SEL 6.3				D 285	32 000 CR
2012 Scion tC						D 302	16 000 CR
1995 BMW M5						C 417	14 000 CR
1985 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE					E 201	6 000 CR
1997 Volvo 850 R					D 330	6 000 CR

zorbsie

If car packs continue, do you guys think they'll do another season pass? Would you want another season pass? For me the season pass thing is great. I never had to worry about having MSP to buy the packs, I just loaded up the game and downloaded them. I feel like we should have received something ingame for getting the season pass. Like extra credits or a gift of the most expensive car in each pack.

Top Bottom