• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

sneaky77

Somewhere I specially remember reading that Turn10 extended the course......for a reason that I can't recall. So your hunch is correct.

I don't know but the FOV from Forza to the real video is a little different and the road in Forza looks stretched for it.. probably to give more sense of speed.

saladine1

Grid and Shift say Hi!

Hello Grid and Shift!

C'mon Mascot...

Add the fun,street/car/racing culture,pomp and ceremony and authenticity of GRID/SHIFT....add the serious,technical,realism and car passion associated with FORZA and you conceive a never ending cycle of orgasmic,sex on the beach goodness..!

G Rom

Made exactly for your type of gameplay. A bit more realistic than the controller, but nowhere near a full wheel/pedal kit.
For kids, also consider picking up the Kinect. It is perfect for even very young kids to get some Car Passion™.

You forgot to ask the most important question though, do his kids play with Hot Wheels ? That's the Beard-sanctionned requisit that kids need to meet before starting to play the game. :D

Hello Grid and Shift!

C'mon Mascot...

Add the fun,street/car/racing culture,pomp and ceremony and authenticity of GRID/SHIFT....add the serious,technical,realism and car passion associated with FORZA and you conceive a never ending cycle of orgasmic,sex on the beach goodness..!

You forgot the looks of OTHERGAME 5....
Sorry.

Made exactly for your type of gameplay. A bit more realistic than the controller, but nowhere near a full wheel/pedal kit.
For kids, also consider picking up the Kinect. It is perfect for even very young kids to get some Car Passion™.

Sweet. Thanks. I'll probably go with Speed Wheel over Kinect. I wouldn't ever use it.

SarBear

<3 <3 <3

6883184286_6faab0b6eb_z.jpg

Seanspeed

Banned
I don't know but the FOV from Forza to the real video is a little different and the road in Forza looks stretched for it.. probably to give more sense of speed.

Yea, people always say the one in Forza is too wide, but if you play it in 3rd person view, it doesn't seem wide at all. Its mainly in the 1st person views where it looks wider than it actually is so I'm thinking its mainly a FOV issue.

Same with Indy.

About the length, I dont know. There's slightly different configurations they use for the 'record laps' than the normal track, so that might be it. Or since the cars aren't perfect recreations of their real-life counterparts, the times are different. Or its modeled wrong, I dont know. But there are other things that could explain it.

G Rom

The Nordschleife needs to be redone completely. It's just so bad as it is now...
They didn't even bother to fix the disappearing painted line and the ugly trees on the track (which they did on all other tracks) for FM4. They also need to finally add the 24h layout.
When you've witnessed GT5's version, you just can't go back to the FM's version IMO.

For some of us that showed up at the Game with Developers...... >_<

What about those who couldn't be there ? Jube ? :-^

Got the new videos up:

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 17 - Bugatti Veyron SS

Colin Chapman once said, "Keep it simple and add lightness." This car is the complete antithesis of that. It is stupidly heavy, ridiculously complicated and enormously overpowered. But you know what? When you hit that go-pedal, this thing could make anyone giddy. The heavy weight really makes you reign in the car due to it wanting to always understeer into a corner. Turn in is questionable at best without trailbraking and it just feels too heavy, even on the straights. But I just couldn't help hitting that gas every chance I got! It just sounded great and went like it was on fire.

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 14 - JGTC Subaru
Great driving by LoopofHenle

Got the new videos up:

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 17 - Bugatti Veyron SS

Colin Chapman once said, "Keep it simple and add lightness." This car is the complete antithesis of that. It is stupidly heavy, ridiculously complicated and enormously overpowered. But you know what? When you hit that go-pedal, this thing could make anyone giddy. The heavy weight really makes you reign in the car due to it wanting to always understeer into a corner. Turn in is questionable at best without trailbraking and it just feels too heavy, even on the straights. But I just couldn't help hitting that gas every chance I got! It just sounded great and went like it was on fire.

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 14 - JGTC Subaru
Great driving by LoopofHenle

Great narrative on the Bugatti, will look forward to watching this one.

The Nordschleife needs to be redone completely. It's just so bad as it is now...
They didn't even bother to fix the disappearing painted line and the ugly trees on the track (which they did on all other tracks) for FM4. They also need to finally add the 24h layout.
When you've witnessed GT5's version, you just can't go back to the FM's version IMO.

I agree with this, it's probably my only complaint regarding the tracks in Forza 4. The Nordschleife feels so terribly off in comparison to GT5's. And they really need the 24 hour layout.

zorbsie

Going through the events list. Almost done. But now I'm stumped on an event. The event is "Speedway event: Tuners of Japan". It's restricted to pre tuned, Asian, and max pi of R3. I have nothing that fits this. I have pre tuned cars but they are C/D, I won't be able to compete. I've looked at the opponents to see what cars to buy for the event but I can't seem to find them either in the store or on in the auction house. This can't be an event for unicorn only cars, right? Can anyone help me out here and point me in the right direction? Or better yet can anyone lend me a car for 3 races?

eek5

Going through the events list. Almost done. But now I'm stumped on an event. The event is "Speedway event: Tuners of Japan". It's restricted to pre tuned, Asian, and max pi of R3. I have nothing that fits this. I have pre tuned cars but they are C/D, I won't be able to compete. I've looked at the opponents to see what cars to buy for the event but I can't seem to find them either in the store or on in the auction house. This can't be an event for unicorn only cars, right? Can anyone help me out here and point me in the right direction? Or better yet can anyone lend me a car for 3 races?

from forza forums:
These are CAR TYPE = Race, and not eligible for the Tuners of Japan Speedway event. The restrictions are CAR TYPE = Pre-Tuned and REGION = Asia and a maximum class of R3 (any PI less than 801). If you go create an online private race with these restrictions you can see the possible dealer choices that would be eligible (though would need to be tuned up to be competitive):

Mazda Mazdaspeed Familia

Mazda Mazdaspeed Roadster

Mazda RX-8 Mazdaspeed

Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 (2009)

Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 (2010)

Honda Mugen Civic Type-R 3D

Hundai Rhys Millen Racing Genesis Coupe

If you have one of the unicorns they can also be used: Mitsubishi HKS, Nissan Mine's R32, Nissan Mine's R34, Nissan Top Secret S15, Toyota Top Secret Supra.

zorbsie

Thanks eek5. I'll buy one of those cars tomorrow. Never thought of loading up a private race with those settings to see what cars would be available. This will get me that much closer to 100%.

eek5

Thanks eek5. I'll buy one of those cars tomorrow. Never thought of loading up a private race with those settings to see what cars would be available. This will get me that much closer to 100%.

Hopefully you have one of the unicorns. Based on what people said in the thread, the other cars at R3 are nearly undrivable

sneaky77

Is bad design that you would need to load a private race to figure out what cars you can use.. the game should provide that info, or load the buy cars screen with all the cars that match the requirements. In fact it should be possible to do that even if you have a car in the garage that fits it, just load a screen with this are the cars you have that fit or you can buy one of thse.

edit: Loop is a great driver from the looks of that vid, also that car sounds amazing

Mascot

Hello Grid and Shift!

C'mon Mascot...

I got a chubby just reading that.

Christ, I pray that Turn 10 take this route for FM5. The clinical sterility of FM4 needs rubbing with oily fingers and smudging with brake dust.

G Rom

Amazing photos you've quoted saladine ! :eek:

Is bad design that you would need to load a private race to figure out what cars you can use.. the game should provide that info, or load the buy cars screen with all the cars that match the requirements. In fact it should be possible to do that even if you have a car in the garage that fits it, just load a screen with this are the cars you have that fit or you can buy one of thse.

edit: Loop is a great driver from the looks of that vid, also that car sounds amazing

It's still not ideal but in the dealership, you can somewhat do the same. If you go to the search, you can manually filter the Asian manufacturers, then if you hit X, you can scroll through the specs of the cars. Once you've hit the "car type" spec, just hit X again to sort the results. You now have the "pre-tuned car lined up in PI order in the middle of your list.

Ideally, they would just have added all the specs (car type, engine type, aspiration, year/years bracket, etc...) to the search filters, it would have been so much more simple.

zorbsie

You nailed it right there. What makes it worse is that the dealership doesn't have all the search options. I always thought it was an oversight not to have a "Buy car for this event" option in the event screen. I hate seeing the greyed out block, because it means I have to back out of all these screens and into the dealerships then go all the way back. The game should funnel me back into races as quickly and easily as possible.

G Rom

Nice photo you got there.
I actually heard the convertible XKR-S on TV this morning, sounded incredible. If the one in the game sounds close... Let's just say my affinity level with Jaaaaaag will go way up. :eek:

SarBear

Nice photo you got there.
I actually heard the convertible XKR-S on TV this morning, sounded incredible. If the one in the game sounds close... Let's just say my affinity level with Jaaaaaag will go way up. :eek:

Thank you.

This thing really sounds aggressive. ESPECIALLY in cockpit view. It's about on the same level as the Zagato, so it won't be everyone's favorite, but I'll definitely be putting it into rotation because it's a lot of fun to drive, and the close gear ratios more than make up for the "not quite there" acceleration rating. It's almost deceptive.

Got the new videos up:

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 18 - Aston Martin V12 Zagato

This car is almost the perfect car. It looks absolutely stunning and it sounds like pure sex. It has almost perfect handling, with great turn-in and just a brilliant balance. I really fell in love with this car during this drive. I just LOVE hearing it rev and it would take corners faster than I really would have expected. Plus the brakes are powerful enough to stop a car twice that weight, so they work like land anchors. Seriously, almost the perfect car.

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 15 - #40 Ford GT

Great driving by zorbsie!

SarBear

Got the new videos up:

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 18 - Aston Martin V12 Zagato

This car is almost the perfect car. It looks absolutely stunning and it sounds like pure sex. It has almost perfect handling, with great turn-in and just a brilliant balance. I really fell in love with this car during this drive. I just LOVE hearing it rev and it would take corners faster than I really would have expected. Plus the brakes are powerful enough to stop a car twice that weight, so they work like land anchors. Seriously, almost the perfect car.

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 15 - #40 Ford GT

Great driving by zorbsie!

Zorbs??? Driving??? That sandbaggin summabitch! Definitely gotta check out these two videos. I'll send you the replay for the 2012 Jag XKR-S soon...

Hey SarBear,
I know its only days away for the new DLC, but I would really love a shot of the rx7 in manufacturer yellow (or close to it), a big shot would be awesome.

Could you do this, it would mean a lot.

Went past the level 150 barrier this weekend. At 152 now and MAN am I missing the credit bonuses for each level up. Gutted they didn't continue the credit earning, at least to 250 or 500 or something..

SarBear

Hey SarBear,
I know its only days away for the new DLC, but I would really love a shot of the rx7 in manufacturer yellow (or close to it), a big shot would be awesome.

Could you do this, it would mean a lot.

Absolutely. =)

Went past the level 150 barrier this weekend. At 152 now and MAN am I missing the credit bonuses for each level up. Gutted they didn't continue the credit earning, at least to 250 or 500 or something..

For me, it makes leveling up completely useless. Thank GOD for the auction house.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
that was good, but you may want to edit it out... was just reading in the gaming side's april fools thread that posters should not deceive others in the name of april fools. would hate to see you take a few weeks off for that

SarBear

that was good, but you may want to edit it out... was just reading in the gaming side's april fools thread that posters should not deceive others in the name of april fools. would hate to see you take a few weeks off for that

I didn't know that! Thank you.

You have no shame doing this to a fellow forza player. I should just PM a mod to have you banned for this. :lol

Hey, no hard feelings right? I thought you had a season pass anyway so I didn't think much of it. My apologies.

G Rom

Just sent a PM to m0dus, you should say your goodbyes.

Kidding, don't worry, no hard feelings at all. It would be silly wanting to really get you banned for such a little thing. :)

Top Bottom