• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Arucardo

Picked up the Rennsport wheelstand from a dude for 100e, pretty happy with it. Taking the wheel to the living room for some forza became that much easier now :) .

Got the new videos up:

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 18 - Holden #11 Pepsi Max Commodore

This car man, this car! Thing is a goddam beast! It sounds like it is powered by the flames of hell and it screams around corners like it is glued to the track. Those cambered out wheels may look funny to some, but they give unbelievable grip in the twisties. This car is everything a race car should be: fast, loud, and twitchy enough to make you respect it. Such an absolutely fun car.

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 16 - Ford SVT Cobra R

LoopofHenle in the CLASSIC Fox body Cobra

--------------------

By the way, one of my favorite things to watch in these videos is how people end their run. Some just stop it right after the line, some go into the right shoulder and slow down, others just brake while going down through the gears, some even do donuts. It is pretty fun to see what you guys do.

7035239335_2093420949_z.jpg

Bigshot

7035239525_96cd2e47ae_z.jpg

Bigshot

They're awesome. Thanks so much!

Here is a small preview of what will SLS GT3 get day one ;) Paint is pretty much done, the only thing left is to make some more secondary sponsors and put them on a car :)

7036776119_e1e5d12c96_z.jpg

7036776125_333e7c9304_z.jpg

7036776107_00894e21fa_z.jpg

For me, it makes leveling up completely useless. Thank GOD for the auction house.

Yup, it's a huge shame.

I've done ~30% of the career by level 150 and it seems that the other 70% is pretty useless now. I'm better off just hitting the Rivals Mode to make any decent money.

So you just haunt the Auction House looking for bargains, then resell at a profit?

Finally got around to unlocking some of the AutoVista experiences. Wow they are impressive! Can't believe I waited this long to give the section a look, but this is an incredibly neat little feature.

Truly hope we see a couple of Porsches feature in AutoVista next month too.

G Rom

April's DLC is the last one included in the season pass. Codes allow to get the DLC before the free pack appear in the dashboard/game. ;)

Huge thanks to Jube3, had a good run tonight with the SLS and the Jag from the April pack.

SLS is a pretty strange drive, really short gear ratios, so it feels kinda slow/underwhelming - but you look down and realise it's doing ~230kph and a sub 2 minute lap of Suzuka and it's actually better than expected.

The Jag just oozes sexy. Great sound too. As soon as I saw it on the garage screen, in my head I'm saying "jaaaaaaaaaaaaag" ala Clarkson. haha..

What's the go with uploading liveries and stuff for the cars at this stage, before 'official' release? Uploaded my basic design tonight, but then I realised it might be frowned upon?

Arucardo

Huge thanks to Jube3, had a good run tonight with the SLS and the Jag from the April pack.

SLS is a pretty strange drive, really short gear ratios, so it feels kinda slow/underwhelming - but you look down and realise it's doing ~230kph and a sub 2 minute lap of Suzuka and it's actually better than expected.

The Jag just oozes sexy. Great sound too. As soon as I saw it on the garage screen, in my head I'm saying "jaaaaaaaaaaaaag" ala Clarkson. haha..

What's the go with uploading liveries and stuff for the cars at this stage, before 'official' release? Uploaded my basic design tonight, but then I realised it might be frowned upon?

I doubt anyone has a problem with that, what's the harm in that anyway? It's basically like people with review copies uploading liveries before the game is out.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got around to unlocking some of the AutoVista experiences. Wow they are impressive! Can't believe I waited this long to give the section a look, but this is an incredibly neat little feature.

Truly hope we see a couple of Porsches feature in AutoVista next month too.

Yeah me too. I was little disapponted that the montly packs didnt at least have one or two autovista cars.

The SLS GT3 is done and will be waiting for you tomorrow on my storefront, hope you guys like it. Taking FIA GT paints to a new level :D

6893582836_3a2cff5153_z.jpg

6893582840_d84bb0c4a9_z.jpg

6893582852_db793274ff_z.jpg

I'll do my best to make one more paint for tomorrow,can't promise anything, it all depends on how much time I'm gonna have to work on it.

Cheers, HD

G Rom

Your work is just incredible, HD. :eek:
I'll be sure to download this livery and take some photos when I buy the SLS in career.

And shinnn, greats videos, always interesting to see comparisons like yours.

I doubt anyone has a problem with that, what's the harm in that anyway? It's basically like people with review copies uploading liveries before the game is out.

Was hoping this would be the case. Agree completely.

Yeah me too. I was little disapponted that the montly packs didnt at least have one or two autovista cars.

Absolutely.

Cars like the V12 Zagato, the 787B, the Huayra, the Aventador.. So many of them would have been godly in AutoVista!

Thanks guys ;)

Do you guys think I'll find some Jag lovers in here? Just put it together super fast but I like where it's going ;)

Looks awesome as usual, H3rTz - will definitely grab it for my Jag when you make it available!

eek5

It seems that most of your videos have pretty decent view counts. Any suggestions for how to get your videos out there better for a newbie? I would love to have half the views you do!

Getting people to like/comment helps a lot. I've never promoted any video on my channel and some have a ton of views mostly because people like to compare consoles and shit in the video comments lol

Outside of that, just keep posting content which will get you subscribers that are interested in the type of videos you do.

Just want to let you know guys that both Mercedes SLS GT3 and Jaguar paints are up on my storefront, you gonna have something to start with if you are getting the DLC tomorrow.

I'll post the Jag pictures tomorrow when I'll get back from work, I'm too tired to deal with it now.

Cheers, HD

Just want to let you know guys that both Mercedes SLS GT3 and Jaguar paints are up on my storefront, you gonna have something to start with if you are getting the DLC tomorrow.

I'll post the Jag pictures tomorrow when I'll get back from work, I'm too tired to deal with it now.

Cheers, HD

Will be grabbing that Jag livery tonight as soon as I get in, nice work man.

Cheers, HD

Seriously, when you get the DLC, any chance of you adding your touch to the rx7? :)

When I get my console hooked up here at my folks, I'll be grabbing the new paints!

Seriously, when you get the DLC, any chance of you adding your touch to the rx7? :)

When I get my console hooked up here at my folks, I'll be grabbing the new paints!

I'll make something for it, just didn't have enough time to do it now, will work on it on Wednesday ;)

Oh I forgot to mention that there is also a R2 Tune available for SLS GT3, what a beast. My friend does the tunes for me and most people like it, you can give it a shot. Also I added a few tunes for the older paints I've made.

Cheers, HD

EDIT:

Ok I have some quick Jag pictures and now I can finally go and get some sleep lol

6895115230_070d29e415_z.jpg

6895115220_5a27614c55_z.jpg

6895115224_12c69ff409_z.jpg

6895115216_1b1c8ee39b_z.jpg

Finally got (yesterday's) videos up!

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 20 - Ferrari 288 GTO

Fair warning, this commentary might be colored by my bias toward this car. I honestly think this is the perfect Ferrari. It is simply gorgeous, incredibly loud, and ahead of its time in every way. I mean it has a V8 twin turbo! My biggest complaint is that the cockpit is not one of the better modeled ones honestly. But the car is a fantastic drive! It sounds glorious and it has just enough oversteer to really make you pay attention. But since it has such great handling, you don't really mind when the back end comes out a bit. It just lets you have some fun with a nice, controlled slide. The brakes are pretty bad though, really surprised me how early I had to brake for some corners. Still an incredible car.

PS: Don't miss the awesome new intro by zorbsie!

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 17 - Ferrari F40 Competizione

It is Dead Poul driving the F40C. What more do you need?

That is just MEAN!

But I will agree with the above posters, I think they might have accidentally made the best Forza Horizons logo we will see.

Shaneus

That is just MEAN!

But I will agree with the above posters, I think they might have accidentally made the best Forza Horizons logo we will see.
To be honest, I wasn't that concerned about the mentioned release date or the doctored screenie. The biggest disappointment would be that the actual FH logo looks substantially different to that one. I'm as in love with that logo as much as the doctored Toro Rosso Diet Red Bull F1 livery :(

Picked up your Jag livery tonight, H3rTz. Great job.

Couldn't view your Storefront as it kept telling me the Forza servers were unavailable or something, but I'll be sure to keep an eye on your future releases. Hope you do some stuff for the Porsche pack in May!

Top Bottom