• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Yo before I go, put any car in the auction house with 10mil buyout and let me know what car and your gamertag and I'll get it ;)

Not at home, sorry dude.

Yeah all paint shop stuff. All of mine were replicas though, no original stuff.

I haven't made a livery since last year :eek:

http://www.forzaplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=219

Oh! I think I may have actually bought your #53 Franck Muller Mclaren F1 GTR.

pdO7X.jpg

Not 100% it's yours though, but looks close. I'll check out your Storefront tonight.

SarBear

Yep. The 300 SRT8 is in the game for drifting. I have absolutely NO skill in drifting and I'm doing three star drifts with EASE. This car is crazy.

Yep. The 300 SRT8 is in the game for drifting. I have absolutely NO skill in drifting and I'm doing three star drifts with EASE. This car is crazy.

Drifting is the only aspect of Forza I don't get (or GT5, Shift 2 etc..), maybe I'll try with that thing though. Pretty sure I'm still sitting on 0 perfect drifts at level 195 haha..

Awesome. Small world :)

Not when you've got the best liveries on the store!

I'm a huge fan of the McLaren F1, so I've lurked the Auction House for cheap F1s from the start. Got a heap now (about 12 I think!) all with the iconic LeMans and other significant race series' liveries. Have a bunch of the UT 1:18th scales as well, including the Franck Muller GTR, and your livery is identical.

saladine1

Is Horizon being developed by "others" under Turn 10's supervision, or am I thinking about something else?

Dan did say that Horizon will be Playground Games' baby and they do have a full team.

And here are some of those guys. Posting these here so people (read-me) can blame them if Horizon turns out to be shit...sorry guys..

Mathias Grunwaldt- Lead Audio Designer previously at Bizarre Creations

dkvHL.jpg

Mate, i'm telling you right now, if the sound isn't up to scratch I'm going to go nuts at you ok?

Graham Daniell-Senior Physics Engineer previously at Criterion

SblWr.jpg

Chris Phillips- Car Handling Designer previously at Realtime Worlds

XL6Ib.jpg

The last two guys are responsible for how the cars will drive. Blame them if the cars end up feeling like TDU 2.

Edit: GODDAM that Austin-Healey is gorgeous!

Got the new videos (from yesterday) up!

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 42 - Shelby Cobra 427 S/C

This car is a BEAST! Just watch the front end rise up with each shift during the beginning acceleration part of the lap. This car IS the original widowmaker. Too much power in too light of a car with too little tire. But it doesn't matter because this car is just beyond amazing to drive. Yeah, it doesn't quite brake and it will spin the tires if you even try to accelerate in anything but a straight line, but that doesn't matter. It sounds glorious at WOT and even better when just idling. The view from the cockpit is one of my favorites in the game, especially watching that massive steering wheel saw from side to side. This is one of those laps that I could just listen to (along with the Lambo Murc SV) because the car just communicates everything that is going on through that beast of an engine.

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 39 - E39 BMW M5

Mc Kane doing this thing in one of my favorite M5s of all time.

shinnn

Code:
2012 Hennessey Venom GT		R3 783	900 000 CR
1965 Austin-Healey 3000 MkIII	F 173	50 000 CR
1966 Lotus Cortina		F 149	32 000 CR
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon	E 297	29 000 CR
2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8		B 489	28 000 CR
2011 Ford Transit SuperSportVan	F 145	28 000 CR
2012 Smart ForTwo		F 101	12 000 CR
1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4	C 383	6000 CR
1990 Subaru Legacy RS		D 346	6000 CR
1977 AMC Pacer X		F 104	5000 CR

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
If they can crank out one more DLC pack with the fan-requested cars to go with the 2013 Viper, I'll be happy.

Not when you've got the best liveries on the store!

I'm a huge fan of the McLaren F1, so I've lurked the Auction House for cheap F1s from the start. Got a heap now (about 12 I think!) all with the iconic LeMans and other significant race series' liveries. Have a bunch of the UT 1:18th scales as well, including the Franck Muller GTR, and your livery is identical.
Do you have the Gulf livery, like the one worn by the F1 in Sega Super GT? If so, tell me where you found it, I want it to go with my collection of Sega racing game liveries.

I've got the Scud Race livery for the McLaren and F40, I just searched for 'Scud' in the storefronts.

There's a couple of each iirc, one looked better than the other but I'm not sure how accurate they both are.

wEXxU.jpg

nmZT6.jpg

I am really curious about when we will get the Yellowbird. I hope the Porsche deal doesn't affect any future RUFs we might have got.

According to the list by BADNED over at FC.com, the following are still TBA:
2012 Camaro ZL1
2012 DS4
1958 MGA Twin-Cam
2012 John Cooper Works Coupe
1987 CTR "Yellowbird"
2013 Viper GTS

zorbsie

It was great racing with everyone last night. Didn't get anything with GWD but it was still fun to race with GAF. Sorry I had to bail early.

I am really curious about when we will get the Yellowbird. I hope the Porsche deal doesn't affect any future RUFs we might have got.

According to the list by BADNED over at FC.com, the following are still TBA:
2012 Camaro ZL1
2012 DS4
1958 MGA Twin-Cam
2012 John Cooper Works Coupe
1987 CTR "Yellowbird"
2013 Viper GTS

It'll be interesting to see. I really want the ZL1 and Yellowbird. Heck, I'm still waiting for the Boss 302 and C63 AMG Black Series and the FR-S. A lot of significant cars came out last year that haven't made it into the game.

It'll be interesting to see. I really want the ZL1 and Yellowbird. Heck, I'm still waiting for the Boss 302 and C63 AMG Black Series and the FR-S. A lot of significant cars came out last year that haven't made it into the game.

I am curious how many of those might be held back for FM5. Remember, there were some TBA DLC cars in Forza 3 that we didn't actually get until FM4. I am slightly worried about the Yellowbird because I am curious how the Porsche deal affects the use of RUFs.

Also, does anyone know of any other ways to win/get a DLC code early? I really want to use some of these new cars for my 50 Days series!

It does sound fun, but I really dont think I'll be getting this pack unless I can score a free code. I've been with hit with some unexpected expenses recently. I'll be saving that money to put towards the fuck-awesome Porsche DLC. :)

Donate blood. Or semen. But don't mix the two and then donate it. ;)

And Seanspeed and SarBear: I am serious when I say you two need to recreate that Top Gear Van/Viper lap. Even if Seanspeed isn't going to get the DLC, he can still run the Viper. And that would leave SarBear to run in the Sprinter Van. I would seriously LOVE to have that lap on my 50 Days! Just tell me what you need to make it happen. Hell, I will even gift the DLC to Seanspeed if that will convince you guys!

Seanspeed

Banned
I am curious how many of those might be held back for FM5. Remember, there were some TBA DLC cars in Forza 3 that we didn't actually get until FM4. I am slightly worried about the Yellowbird because I am curious how the Porsche deal affects the use of RUFs.
I dont think it should affect anything. The two companies have a very good working relationship. If they can sell their cars to RUF for them to modify and then sell to customers, I dont see why they'd have a problem with people using them in video games alongside their own models.

Even if Seanspeed isn't going to get the DLC, he can still run the Viper.
That would be the obvious solution, wouldn't it? Duh. lol

I can do that if SarBear doesn't mind using the van. :)

G Rom

Also, does anyone know of any other ways to win/get a DLC code early? I really want to use some of these new cars for my 50 Days series!

It wouldn't be surprising if they held onto the CTR until after the Porsche Pack was released. They probably don't want to risk compromising anything with Porsche.
IIRC, FM4 will only be the second game ever featuring both RUF and Porsche, Test Drive 2 was the other one I think. Says a lot about the relation between RUF and Porsche in videogames.

As for codes, well we can only hope that Jube will drop some for NeoGAF

SarBear

I dont think it should affect anything. The two companies have a very good working relationship. If they can sell their cars to RUF for them to modify and then sell to customers, I dont see why they'd have a problem with people using them in video games alongside their own models.

That would be the obvious solution, wouldn't it? Duh. lol

I can do that if SarBear doesn't mind using the van. :)

How much weight do I get to shed? I can't imagine the van keeping up with that Viper whatsoever.

How can us Limeys get a code? I can't Game With Devs 'cos it's always on in the middle of the night over here, and I need my job to pay the mortgage. Bah!

We raced with a Brit last night. The previous game-with-devs was in the middle of the afternoon for me, so it would have been evening for you.

How much weight do I get to shed? I can't imagine the van keeping up with that Viper whatsoever.

They completely stripped it on the show. The goal wasn't to beat the Viper, the Viper was just there for the van to draft behind, so the Viper driver is just trying to punch a hole in the air and not pull too far ahead.

EDIT: Uhoh, double post. I hope the mods are merciful.

SarBear

He said last night he would PM you (or maybe you were supposed to PM him? ShariaBear might remember better).

I remember Jube specifically saying that he was going to PM you a code. Although, he didn't mention when. It was right after I sent you another invite that I verbally expressed frustration for you leaving just seconds before Jube joined, but he mentioned he would take care of you.

They completely stripped it on the show. The goal wasn't to beat the Viper, the Viper was just there for the van to draft behind, so the Viper driver is just trying to punch a hole in the air and not pull too far ahead.

EDIT: Uhoh, double post. I hope the mods are merciful.

Gotcha. A sub ten minute lap in the van at only 198 horsepower?? Bbbbbut, Forza's Nordschliefe is a tad bit longer!

I remember Jube specifically saying that he was going to PM you a code. Although, he didn't mention when. It was right after I sent you another invite that I verbally expressed frustration for you leaving just seconds before Jube joined, but he mentioned he would take care of you.

Gotcha. A sub ten minute lap in the van at only 198 horsepower?? Bbbbbut, Forza's Nordschliefe is a tad bit longer!

Haha, I don't think we have to aim for the 10min barrier. I just want to try and "recreate" the lap in Forza. So that means you can do a full weight reduction, but that is it. And like Crude said, Seanspeed just has to pay attention and be in front of you just enough to give you the draft. It might take a couple of tries, but I think it would be pretty epic if you guys pulled it off.

Plus I could capture and post a replay from the Vans Cockpit view, from the Vipers view looking backwards and just the normal replay view. It would be pretty awesome to see.

SarBear

Haha, I don't think we have to aim for the 10min barrier. I just want to try and "recreate" the lap in Forza. So that means you can do a full weight reduction, but that is it. And like Crude said, Seanspeed just has to pay attention and be in front of you just enough to give you the draft. It might take a couple of tries, but I think it would be pretty epic if you guys pulled it off.

Plus I could capture and post a replay from the Vans Cockpit view, from the Vipers view looking backwards and just the normal replay view. It would be pretty awesome to see.

I'm down. Will do some "gettin to know dat ass" van laps later tonight.

G Rom

As I said during the time GWD was on, my connection was terrible, that's why I didn't stay after GWD. Well that and the fact that it was already 4 am here... :D

BTW, BADNED answered many questions asked by F4H Koenigsegg on Forzacentral :
Hey BADNED, any news about the Porsche 917?
Yes but they are TOP SECRET!

Hey BADNED, any news about the Peugeot 205 T16?
No news!

Hey BADNED, when will Spa and Bathurst be introduced into FM4?
Confidential!

Hey BADNED, any news about the Alfa Romeo 33 Tipo Stradale?
Moves into the future!

Hey BADNED, any news about the BMW M1 Procar?
No plan!

Hey BADNED, any news about the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1?
Hold back on request!

Hey BADNED, any news about Veritas?
No news!

Hey BADNED, any news about the Mazda RX-3SP?
Swims in the pool!

Hey BADNED, any news about Porsche?
RS Spyder returns!

Hey BADNED, any news about the BMW M3 CSL and GTS?
Not planned!

Hey BADNED, when will we get a new Track as DLC?
Unconfirmed!

Hey BADNED, any news about the Koenigsegg Agera R?
No plan!

Hey BADNED, why is there no Nissan and Toyota love?
Because of the economic crisis!

Hey BADNED, why is the Corvette GT2 not in FM4?
Error in design!

Hey BADNED, any news about MG?
Later!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

definite hints at DLC tracks, including Spa and Mt. Panorama. definitely not getting too worked up yet though

As I said during the time GWD was on, my connection was terrible, that's why I didn't stay after GWD. Well that and the fact that it was already 4 am here... :D

Hey BADNED, when will Spa and Bathurst be introduced into FM4?
Confidential!

Oh gadddd. This really needs to happen.

Also good news that the RS Spyder is back.

Top Bottom