• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Here is a small teaser of what's coming soon (soon like Friday soon ;) ) The base paint is basically done, just few more logos to make and will be ready to roll. I'm really doing my best to make that ugly car look pretty, not an easy task :D Anyway, I hope you like what you see. As soon as I'm done with it I'll go back to finish Cortina.

Cheers, HD

7137507027_1f41888f75_z.jpg

7137507037_c92401710b_z.jpg

7137506991_e5831e1039_z.jpg

7137507001_fca6c26891_z.jpg

EDIT:

As for the question, I pretty much use the controller mostly, since I paint a lot and like to race in brakes so I go with what I have in hands ;)

<JAW DROPPER>

You should totally waste your talent and do a spot on Mirth Mobile...

saladine1

The Venom is so damn twitchy, have to feather the accelerator to prevent it from spinning out. But it's sooooooo fast.

Ha, twitchy is an understatement.
The thing is an absolute monster!

After some digging around, searching for some Forza Horizon info, I came across this

"Microsoft X-Box 360 Game Packaging Concept - Forza Horizon the new entry in the Forza Motorsport International Road Racing Game Series. This installment is centered around the musical festival entertainment event at the road race - multiple premiums include a DJs vinyl LP record, VIP all-access backstage passes and a soft-case ice chest tote."

6s7Y8.jpg

G Rom

After some digging around, searching for some Forza Horizon info, I came across this

"Microsoft X-Box 360 Game Packaging Concept - Forza Horizon the new entry in the Forza Motorsport International Road Racing Game Series. This installment is centered around the musical festival entertainment event at the road race - multiple premiums include a DJs vinyl LP record, VIP all-access backstage passes and a soft-case ice chest tote."

6s7Y8.jpg

Wait, what ?! o_O

shinnn

@Shinn - I picked up Sony Vegas 11. Any good tutorials or how-tos you would suggest for learning it?

I never used tutorials so I don't know much about this. But looks like there's a ton of vids on youtube. This for example explain the basics of split screen (which I use a lot in my forza videos).

jblqG6PUY1c6H4.JPEG

jbypQOytCN5TM3.JPEG

jQDW7fljjFT4j.JPEG

j5u1HeqUaACzo.JPEG

jbxkdweU82bQXb.JPEG

jiMCujnGTmaWk.JPEG

Just reached the affinity level 50 \o/

About the Horizon pic. Looks like they will put a lot of emphasis on music, music festival. I can't really imagine how it will work in the game. At least it will be retail judging the box art.

Hi guys,

I'm reaching out to GAF for help. lol Sorry for the spam but we're giving away a code for the Top Gear DLC that was released the other day and you'd be doing me a huge favour if you just clicked the link, you don't even have to enter if you don't want to. lol

Top Gear DLC Giveaway

I know it's a weird request but I'd appreciate the help.

From first hints and inclanations it Looks like I'm going to be pretty let down by Horizon then :(

Not Motorsport ! Don't like the sound of that at all.

Some major kinect influence will put me well off as well.O

Oh well.

Forza 5 and Most Wanted 2 it is then.

From first hints and inclanations it Looks like I'm going to be pretty let down by Horizon then :(

Not Motorsport ! Don't like the sound of that at all.
Not sure why that would be a problem in and of itself. We have mainline Forza for motorsports. Horizon can focus on different things.

I just hope Horizon tries to keep the physics model as realistic as it can within the technical constraints of an open world. Sim physics may not be as accessible to the mainstream but its the best thing to communicate the uniqueness of each car.

I mean, try to do some downhill drifting in Test Drive Unlimited 2. Or don't, if you want to avoid disappointment. On the other hand you've got games like NFS: Hot Pursuit that include truly gorgeous open world vistas but the actual road layouts are pretty boring since its just long straightaways punctuated by drifting turns - the lack of actual course variety means there is less to bring out a particular car's strengths and character.

My dream is that Horizon is something like a Test Drive Unlimited done right. And that doesn't require it to be a motorsport title.

saladine1

Yep, FH needs to be totally different from FM otherwise what's the point?
Having fairly similar products would make no sense at all, so an open world,festive racer would be an ideal alternative to the rigorous and serious hustle and bustle of circuit racing..

witness

Hi guys,

I'm reaching out to GAF for help. lol Sorry for the spam but we're giving away a code for the Top Gear DLC that was released the other day and you'd be doing me a huge favour if you just clicked the link, you don't even have to enter if you don't want to. lol

Top Gear DLC Giveaway

I know it's a weird request but I'd appreciate the help.

Done and thanks.

I'm totally back into this game again after being out for it for a few months. Really excited for for Porsche pack, just wish we had more details on it!

Izayoi

Banned
It won't let me renew my season pass. Says "already downloaded" and only gives me the option to download again. How do I go about doing that?

It won't let me renew my season pass. Says "already downloaded" and only gives me the option to download again. How do I go about doing that?

There was only 1 season pass and they won't be offering another one. So you will have to buy all the rest of the packs separately.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Well, Bioshock 2 was pretty damn good. Guess it's back to kicking some ass in Forza with a MUSTANG.

really? i've had it since near launch and barely touched it. twice i've played till some encounter quite early on where you have to defend something or other while waves of enemies attack over and over again, i die, then turn it off.

maybe i'll dust it off once more and try yet again.

6s7Y8.jpg

what the fuck is that!?

That you will find out on June 4th! ;)

It is not motorsport!

great.

I would die laughing if it was a Kinect dancing game, seriously (it won't be thought, it's not Kinect only). You would have some cars racing in the background or maybe you would dance in front of the cars to impress some chicks , I would laugh my ass off :D FORZA HORIZON ... Turning dancers into car lovers and car lovers into dancers... lol

I would die laughing if it was a Kinect dancing game, seriously (it won't be thought, it's not Kinect only). You would have some cars racing in the background or maybe you would dance in front of the cars to impress some chicks , I would laugh my ass off :D FORZA HORIZON ... Turning dancers into car lovers and car lovers into dancers... lol
My nightmare would be the Horizon team looking over Test Drive Unlimited and saying "We can do so much better! We can offer much more stylish clothing, and far more realistic housing and group dance parties! We'll just carry over TDU's driving model and whammo - we're good."

God. I need a shower after typing that. ;p

SarBear

I'll be honest. That package looks really......fucked up. Not even niche fucked up. Just regular fucked up.

Shaneus

6s7Y8.jpg
Is there now any wonder why Greenawalt is constantly asserting that it was very much Playground's game and Turn 10 would only have a minor role in Horizon's development?

saladine1

lol, people need to chill. We have some of the most talented group of people in the industry at Playground Games with the backing of Turn 10 and you think they are going to fuck it up?

So yeah, relax don't do it, When you want to go to it, Relax don't do it, When you want to come.....ok?

Shaneus

lol, people need to chill. We have some of the most talented group of people in the industry at Playground Games with the backing of Turn 10 and you think they are going to fuck it up?

So yeah, relax don't do it, When you want to go to it, Relax don't do it, When you want to come.....ok?
I've seen Dirt 3. I ain't relaxing.

I've seen Dirt 3. I ain't relaxing.
An open world Dirt 3?

Yeah, sounds horrible ;P

OK, so what does Forza Gaf want from Horizon?
The best driving roads in the world + day/night cycle/weather/off roading/mud/gravel/snow, licensed cars, ad-hoc open and closed racing events/side missions, streamlined-but-still-sim physics model, basic damage, locked 30fps (console), free roam, 8 player drop-in, drop-out w/ challenges and autolog/rivals equivalent, found collectibles, basic visual customization and upgrades. Car pack and Track/Arena/Area DLC (think Burnout Paradise here) would be welcome. So would a few closed circuits and test tracks.

Or, in a nutshell: Burnout Paradise online aspects + Dirt 3/Forza-light physics (with assists for casuals) + Test Drive Unlimited world/storefronts w/ NFS: Hot Pursuit visuals. More car lover than motorsports.

Well, you did ask ;P

Its ambitious, but do-able imho. If they can provide even better physics at the expense of some of those features that's OK too.

TDU with good physics. Thats it.
Or just this :) Needs better visuals though, but yeah, physics must be paramount.

Shaneus

An open world Dirt 3?

Yeah, sounds horrible ;P
Make it to checkpoint B in time, dude! Upgrade your garage, bro! You need new clothes, man!

Gameplay-wise it was fine. From a design perspective, it was horrid. Going by the trailer and that merchandise, it looks like they're subbing X-Games for Ibiza Party Island Maxtreme Plus.

TDU with good physics. Thats it.

And to not tarnish the 'Forza' name.
Pretty much. If they wanted to "dumb down" the Forza physics slightly, I'd be in heaven if they did PGR4 physics with the open-worldness of TDU1 (or 2). But less camp. Those merch shots make me think they're emphasizing too much on the socializing aspect of it... like TDU2, but taken even further in the wrong direction.

Know what else focused too much on social aspects? Blur. I dare imagine what that would've become if Activision hadn't imposed on Bizarre the whole social networking-component. Likely, a more focused game with a similar structure to PGR2 (online-wise) than what it became.

Got the new videos up:

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 49 - Pontiac G8 GXP

This is such a great car that it is both sad and fitting that it would be Pontiacs swan song. It is a fast, well balanced sedan and yet Chevy was able to destroy it by over-pricing it and giving the name of a dying brand. All of this is too bad because this car is amazing. I was able to test drive one back in the day and the Forza version is just as fun. This car is almost perfectly balanced, so it just BEGS you to let it drift. All of that power in such a well done chassis is just the perfect recipe for some great hooning. This lap was a blast and the car just loved to be driven fast. Plus it sounds just fantastically evil with that LS V8 under the hood. Great car, great lap.

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 45 - Pagani Huayra

Watch Dead Poul drive so well that he can make this piece of shit actually look fast.

daedalius

Moved my save down from the cloud last night after moving it from another xbox, corrupted.

Ugh.

What the heck is this Forza Horizon stuff?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

i'm sorry, but those contents don't exactly inspire confidence! best case scenario - we'll be getting something ala NFS: underground or DiRT showdown. in fact, the branding displayed here screams out "dude" and "amigo!" perhaps even more then the latest few codies entries.

Top Bottom