• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Porsche reveals start tomorrow, right?

I hope the GT3 RS 4.0 made the cut. Normally 911s don't do much for me, but Chris Harris's fantastic video(s) of the car have completely sold me on it. A GT3 with the crank and other engine internals of the RSR? Fucking sign me the fuck up.

SarBear

Porsche reveals start tomorrow, right?

I hope the GT3 RS 4.0 made the cut. Normally 911s don't do much for me, but Chris Harris's fantastic video(s) of the car have completely sold me on it. A GT3 with the crank and other engine internals of the RSR? Fucking sign me the fuck up.

This is like hate talk. Letter of resignation from the GAF club due by tomorrow.

This is like hate talk. Letter of resignation from the GAF club due by tomorrow.

Pfft, nothing doing. I regret nothing.

Don't mistake my apathy towards Zuffenhausen's finest for hate. Respect them? Absolutely, but lust after them? Probably not since the 993 GT2. That 4.0, though? Man, would I love to park my, uhh.. up the, erm...

I really like it. It's a swell car.

Don't kick me please. :(

SarBear

Pfft, nothing doing. I regret nothing.

Don't mistake my apathy towards Zuffenhausen's finest for hate. Respect them? Absolutely, but lust after them? Probably not since the 993 GT2. That 4.0, though? Man, would I love to park my, uhh.. up the, erm...

I really like it. It's a swell car.

Don't kick me please. :(

Spot is open in the GAF club. Any takers?

I race with a controller as well but I'd love to get a racing wheel because I've already experienced GT5 with a DFP and I know how much better and more fun it is. I do have the space for it. It's the funds that I'm lacking because I'd like one wheel that I can use on both consoles and well, the choice is rather limited in that category. Beside, I'd also need a stand. In the end it would cost me almost 400€ for a wheel+pedals+stand with shipping included.

I can only dream of winning the wheel that Alpinestar is giving away on Facebook. It still hurts when I think about that R&T Porsche Wheel photo competition that I didn't even enter back in the FM3 days, it would have been my best shot (pun unintended) at having one... :(

Edit : Now that I think about it, soundscream said he would be giving away his PWTS on NeoGAF if he were to buy the new wheel (CSR). Wonder what happened to that. :lol

LOL I was going to buy it but I want to hold off to make sure it will be compatible with the next Xbox. Also ConvenientBox if you are reading I know I said I would send you my old ms wheel free of charge. I haven't forgotten but I'm a procrastinator and I need to fond a box big enough for it and my work schedule is kinda crazy. It will arrive someday. And to ship it to you is gonna be like $100 so no complaining :p

So I have heard from multiple people that the M3 GTR is one of the best cars in the game. However, despite how I upgrade it, I cannot make it better than my other mildly good cars. Anybody know the secret to it? I was only upgrading it to A class. Haven't tried S class yet.

Seanspeed

Banned
So I have heard from multiple people that the M3 GTR is one of the best cars in the game. However, despite how I upgrade it, I cannot make it better than my other mildly good cars. Anybody know the secret to it? I was only upgrading it to A class. Haven't tried S class yet.
Its 'fair' in A-class, but nothing special at all. I certainly haven't done any personal bests in it and I have a feeling that S-class is where the hype of the car comes from, but I haven't tried it out yet.

SarBear

Its 'fair' in A-class, but nothing special at all. I certainly haven't done any personal bests in it and I have a feeling that S-class is where the hype of the car comes from, but I haven't tried it out yet.

Don't believe the hype. The M1 is leaps and bounds better than the GTR will ever be in this game.

I have also come across people who used the integra type R and it was much faster than my fastest A class. No matter what I did, I could not get it that fast though. There has to be some secret out there or I am just coming across a lot of glitched cars.

SarBear

I have also come across people who used the integra type R and it was much faster than my fastest A class. No matter what I did, I could not get it that fast though. There has to be some secret out there or I am just coming across a lot of glitched cars.

The Mugen Integra is a fucking monster.

daedalius

Can I get an invite to the Gaf car club?

GT: Daedalius

Noticed today it was invite only; while trying to recoup my corrupted save loss.

Seanspeed

Banned
Don't believe the hype. The M1 is leaps and bounds better than the GTR will ever be in this game.
Haven't tried the M1 out, but I did spend some time in the GTR today in S-class and its pretty good. 'Best car in the game', no way, but its certainly competitive.

Its also possible the people who went up against were very good.

I'm not familiar with the Integra Type-R, but I know a lot of people do RWD swaps for lower-class FWD cars when building them up to a higher class. Might want to try that out. RWD tends to be the most competitive drivetrain.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Thanks a lot. I think I'm missing this Ferraris:

1957 Ferrari 250 California
1957 250 TR
1964 250GTO
2006 599 GTB Fiorano
2002 Enzo
2010 599xx

As for the most expensive Cars I need:

Ferrari 250 Testa Rosa
Ferrari 250 GTO
Aston Martin DBR1
Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe

Finally the entrepreneur achievement is simple:

Sell a car tuning, paint job, or vinyl group from your storefront.

Think you can help me?

ok, all sent except for the dbr1. hopefully someone else can help you with that. shoot em back to me when you get the cheevo

guest1321

ok, all sent except for the dbr1. hopefully someone else can help you with that. shoot em back to me when you get the cheevo

I've got the DBR1 I believe. Monk if you want to add me my GT is guest1321. I'll try and get on this week and get it over to you.

The_Monk

I've got the DBR1 I believe. Monk if you want to add me my GT is guest1321. I'll try and get on this week and get it over to you.

Sent you a Friend Request! I'm going to check if I have credits to get the DBR1 but I've added you anyway.

It's almost 3AM so we can catch up later, thanks a lot fellow GAFfers.

EDIT:

op_ivy I've sent you all the cars back. Please confirm!

guest1321 It seems I had just enough money to get the DBR1 so I got it and saved you some work, thanks a lot guys.

Now... to clean my Event List (And I'm never going to win a Unicorn, I believe..)

Since the Pacer was a retro paint here are some retro chicks for you guys, I have only three so you have to share :D

z1980+2024+20h+20du+20Mans_69_Porsche+20935+20K3_Ab_1611288569280.jpg

Anyway, I was wondering how many of you would be interested in getting some retro drag paints for some of the classic cars? Since my storefront is full and I won't remove anything for now (maybe one if this would work) I was thinking about making them limited editions (all of them) either 10 of each on the storefront or just one at the auction house. Those paint ain't that easy to make and I think I would challenge myself a little with this.

Yeah, so the question is, will there be any interest in them, are people into that kind of paints?

Let me know guys...

Cheers, HD

SarBear

Since the Pacer was a retro paint here are some retro chicks for you guys, I have only three so you have to share :D

Anyway, I was wondering how many of you would be interested in getting some retro drag paints for some of the classic cars? Since my storefront is full and I won't remove anything for now (maybe one if this would work) I was thinking about making them limited editions (all of them) either 10 of each on the storefront or just one at the auction house. Those paint ain't that easy to make and I think I would challenge myself a little with this.

Yeah, so the question is, will there be any interest in them, are people into that kind of paints?

Let me know guys...

Cheers, HD

Look, i don't mean to be offensive, but can you tell those skanks to move from in front the damn car? Especially the one with the blisters on the back of her fucking foot?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Got my 1600 allards deposited into my account for the Porsche expansion. My body is ready.

If the 918 Spyder Hybrid concept and the 2012 911 S are included, I'll be happy. If all the Porsches from Forza 3 are included, I'll be happy.

Let me know guys...

Cheers, HD

Dude, you should know that we would be into almost ANY paint you do. I would definitely be down for some awesome drag paints from you. Especially if you look to the classic retro style of how they did drag liveries in the 60s and 70s.

G Rom

1995 Porsche 911 GT2 (993) was just confirmed by Turn 10 ! :)
[IMG ]http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/477933_407028129320100_185465731476342_1341742_131635147_o.jpg[ /IMG]

Also, BADNED has been posting videos of Porsche on Forzacentral. One of the latest one was about the Porsche 935 "Moby Dick". *sogood.gif*

Fake edit : Damn beaten by BADNED himself ! :D

zorbsie

So pumped for the Porsche DLC. Are we going to start up some car club races to take the new cars out in style. And by that I mean crash in the first turn and let SarBear lap us.

I LOVE this car. The original "Widowmaker." Maybe you can help us out BADNED, does this Porsche pack dash any hopes of getting the final RUF Yellowbird?

Also, BADNED has been posting videos of Porsche on Forzacentral. One of the latest one was about the Porsche 935 "Moby Dick". *sogood.gif*

Fake edit : Damn beaten by BADNED himself ! :D

Link my man!

Edit: nm, found it.

The_Monk

Any news regarding how much for the Porsche DLC will be? I'm so tempted to get them when it releases... the sound of any Porsche is so unique.

G Rom

Any news regarding how much for the Porsche DLC will be? I'm so tempted to get them when it releases... the sound of any Porsche is so unique.

1600 MS Points or 20$ for 30 Porsche, 20 new career events based around Porsche and IIRC a bunch of new achievements as well.

The_Monk

1600 MS Points or 20$ for 30 Porsche, 20 new career events based around Porsche and IIRC a bunch of new achievements as well.

Thanks a lot for answering. So those 20 Events are the ones that are in grey in the Event List section or it's not related?

And is it safe to say that no more tracks are going to be added? It's the only downside for me while trying to finish every race in the Event List.

saladine1

Those 20 extra Porsche related events is a very big bonus, and if I'm right, a first for Turn 10?
I know whenever SMS offered DLC, they included extra events to race in which should be the norm really..

Thanks a lot for answering. So those 20 Events are the ones that are in grey in the Event List section or it's not relate

Almost 100% those greyed-out events are the Porsche ones.

I'd bet money that they were included in the game during development and removed when the licensing deal couldn't get worked out.

saladine1

Oh how I wish Turn 10 gave us fender flares in the customization options. Just look at how beastly and mean that Porsche looks..

Oh how I wish Turn 10 gave us fender flares in the customization options. Just look at how beastly and mean that Porsche looks..

I agree so much. I would love to have some widebody options for the cars. Especially classic racers, I mean just look at some of the options Shift 2 had!

Off Topic: I am not sure if anyone here watches PassTime on Speed, but I am going to be on the episode that airs that on Wednesday night at 7pm. Tune in if you want to watch me look like a tool. Here is a quick clip of the final car that ran on my episode.

SarBear

I agree so much. I would love to have some widebody options for the cars. Especially classic racers, I mean just look at some of the options Shift 2 had!

Off Topic: I am not sure if anyone here watches PassTime on Speed, but I am going to be on the episode that airs that on Wednesday night at 7pm. Tune in if you want to watch me look like a tool. Here is a quick clip of the final car that ran on my episode.

Shitty M3.

Top Bottom