• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Seanspeed

Banned
Keep in mind that SMS has a huge backlog of tracks from their past when they were Blimey. It is less time consuming updating existing data then creating anew from scratch.
Which is why its mind-boggling we haven't seen tracks like Rio, Blue Mountain(especially for those asking for Bathurst), New York long(Forza 4 needs a proper street track), etc.

we need every FM1 track, tokyo docks omg

They should make like a Tracks Pack "Blast from the Past" with all the FM1 tracks that were lost.

-Blue Mountain
-Alpine Ring
-Rio
-Tokyo
-Pacific Shipyards

And release it as a DLC, even if it wouldn't sell as good as they would wish, they would still have 5 tracks ready for the next game.

G Rom

Yeah, the missing FM1 tracks were great indeed. Although, I'd rather have Macau, Pau or Monaco for street tracks instead of NY, they're much more interesting IMO.

Jamesways

Yeah, the missing FM1 tracks were great indeed. Although, I'd rather have Macau, Pau or Monaco for street tracks instead of NY, they're much more interesting IMO.

Oh hell yes! I still love racing Pau, Porto, and Macau in RP. Even better in the rain.

I'd love to have these in FM, but I seriously doubt any of them are popular enough to make it in. Maybe Macau.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
the lack of amalfi long in your lists is sad. just pull a camino and axe the mountain, but get it in fm4!

amar212

I still don't know how Shift 2 can have so many tracks (a lot great ones) and Forza can't.

//SNIP: agreeing with everything..//

Well, at least that's how I fell about it :)

I talked about this same very subject in the thread about the other game more than year ago.

As I said many times before - cars have become a new tracks.

Cars are what sells DLC to mainstream audience, cars are recognisable in the mainstream, easy to promote and probably financially viable to developers in terms of cross-promotion revenues. Tracks are.. tracks. Mainstream audience does not care for tracks.

Developers probably sees this as automotive genre, not architectural one. General public buys games for cars, they do not care about the tracks. They stop playing 2 months after release and they are perfectly happy with 20 tracks per game.

We are really living in the sad times for racing-genre, where having new Lamborghini, Ferrari or Whatever (Porsche for recent example) become more important than having tracks.

Cars have become the new tracks, cars are objects that sells DLC, what turns people heads and brings weight to discussion which game is "better".

We finally have everything we only dreamt of genre a decade ago technically-wise, but in the same time we suffered so much regarding tracks that it is becoming sad.

Or as Dante Alighieri said it best: Lasciate ogne speranza voi ch'intrate.

+++

I could elaborate on above with such complexity and with numerous examples, where F355 Challenge's ratio is unbeatable by any standard (1 car on 10 tracks, 10:1 ratio in favor of tracks) or with unforgettable example of TOCA Race Driver 3 with almost 50 licensed circuits and more than 70 variants.

Those times will probably never happen again.

Sell me more cars developers/publishers, I have only few hundreds of them in my virtual garage AND I WANT MORE.

That is actually true mate, sad but true. That's why I'm gonna buy Test Drive Ferrari, just for those tracks, just to have something new to drive on, that's why I bought Shift 2, so I can just drive on some different tracks. Will probably buy any other game that offers more then minimum in terms of tracks, just to have some variety.

What I'm really excited about is this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NSjfaSw4_M

BADNED

Which is why its mind-boggling we haven't seen tracks like Rio, Blue Mountain(especially for those asking for Bathurst), New York long(Forza 4 needs a proper street track), etc.
Well Rio would need new reference material as the original is now ten years old. But regarding city tracks in general without going into detail need new hardware.
For BM T10 has reasons not to return it.
New York long, if the situation stays as it did for the past few years, we will never see again and it has something to do with the buildings and properties there.

SimBin still has exclusive rights for Macau and Pau.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Well Rio would need new reference material as the original is now ten years old. But regarding city tracks in general without going into detail need new hardware.
New York long, if the situation stays as it did for the past few years, we will never see again and it has something to do with the buildings and properties there.

bummer about macau and pau, and to a (much) lesser extent, new york long... but i think i know what your hinting at regarding blue mountain not returning and it makes me happy

;)

And that statement alone tells everything, why bring back Blue Mountains if the SPA is done or being made ;)

you meant mt panorama i assume?

amar212

Thank you for this tidbit B, that probably explains the lack of NY in GT5 too, sounds interesting.

G Rom

When you mean exclusivity, you mean exclusivity to the track names or even using the cities ?

BTW, I wonder how the requirement to fit all tracks on one disc affected the track number of FM4. I also wonder if Turn 10 actually have tracks (beside those missing from previous games) waiting to be released similar to the modeled car pool they have.

Personally, I don't find Forza terribly lacking in terms of tracks.

Don't get me wrong, more is always better and there are some notable absences that desperately need to be addressed, but I find the samey race conditions in perpetually dry and sunny weather far, far more repetitive than the number of available ribbons. Weather and variable time of day would add more to the game than just more tracks in the same conditions we've raced in all these years. I think saladine shared similar thoughts a few pages back and I couldn't agree more.

Next-gen should allow us to have our cake and eat it too-- more tracks and more conditions to run them in. Dan G said weather and night racing would be added when they become a priority, and they had better be on the top of the list for FM5.
I'll buy it regardless though.

BADNED, will you lose your job if you tell us everything you know? No hints, teases and stuff, just straight up facts?

If so, then we will help you to find a new one :D

BADNED

When you mean exclusivity, you mean exclusivity to the track names or even using the cities ?

Track name, layout, general presentation of the track during a race weekend(banners, ads, etc...).

The city itself can be used by anyone but the official Grand Prix layout can't be used. An alternative layout has to be created, like Bizarre did with Macau in PGR4 for example.

BADNED, will you lose your job if you tell us everything you know? No hints, teases and stuff, just straight up facts?

If so, then we will help you to find a new one :D
Not really but straight up facts are against my moral and my respect I have for all the people behind those games.

shinnn

fuuuck.. can't buy the porsche pack.

Added 1000 msp. When I try to add more 500 I get an error. Bought 1500 msp pre-paid code, and the same error.

Contacted the support and now I need to wait 24h and try again. Fuck. I should have bought 2000 msp.

saladine1

Had no doubts whatsoever.
Expect Greenawalt at E3 announcing Mount Panorama.......and Spa.

I know we keep beating this dead horse, but I would love some BIG FM4 announcement to go with the Forza Horizon info at E3 this year. I know BADNED was hinting at the possibility of something, but it is worth it to make your game "fresh" again almost a year later.

saladine1

I know we keep beating this dead horse, but I would love some BIG FM4 announcement to go with the Forza Horizon info at E3 this year. I know BADNED was hinting at the possibility of something, but it is worth it to make your game "fresh" again almost a year later.

I think common sense will prevail.
Turn 10 are not known to be the 'surprising' type, but E3 would be a good place to start.

My dream announcement for Forza 4 at E3 would be at least:

Three new tracks
Five more Autovista Cars
Five more Homespaces
Motorbikes as well!

None of that will ever happen though, so holding out a good outcome for Horizon.

Loving the increased Badned contribution to this thread.

saladine1

Three new tracks
Five more Autovista Cars
Five more Homespaces
Motorbikes as well!

None of that will ever happen though, so holding out a good outcome for Horizon.

Definitely, thank you B.

Thanks Badned...glad to know we have may have more stuff to look forward to. I imagine we won't get a new Xbox for another year, so we're going to have a lot of Forza 4 to keep us occupied. :D

I'm only 13.6% done with the game. At this rate, I'll finish the Event List by the time FM5 comes out!

SarBear

Track name, layout, general presentation of the track during a race weekend(banners, ads, etc...).

The city itself can be used by anyone but the official Grand Prix layout can't be used. An alternative layout has to be created, like Bizarre did with Macau in PGR4 for example.

Not really but straight up facts are against my moral and my respect I have for all the people behind those games.

Yea, so then we need some kind of insight for the 2004 MUSTANG Cobra.

Seriously, we're all anticipating it. ALL OF US

Mascot

Or maybe his spiders have been taking this thread too literally, and a hybrid SpaHurst track is released instead. All the best bits of both (which is pretty much both full circuits, joined by a tunnel) starting at night in Belgian rain and finishing in bright NSW sunshine.

Actually, that tunnel might be a little too long.

OrangeOak

I still don't know how Shift 2 can have so many tracks (a lot great ones) and Forza can't. I'm not talking only about the track selection but about number of them as well. Shift 2 was just a second game in the franchise and yet can pleased so many people (still speaking about tracks).

I know it takes a lot of time to recreate a track, but all those cars are for nothing if you have to drive them everyday on the same set (not the biggest) of tracks.

If I remember correctly someone from T10 said that DLC tracks don't sell, well let me tell you this. If they would release the track that people really want and if they did it fairly early after lunch, where there are still lots of people playing the game then it would sell like crazy.

I don't even want to bring GT5 in here but people wanted SPA, they got SPA, people wanted Bathurst, PD is working on Bathurst for the next game (and probably more tracks as well).

The key to everything is to give people what they want and what they looking for and not using it as a selling point for the next game. It might work for the short time but at some point people will get tired of being used and will go somewhere else, somewhere where they're are being listened.

Even if T10 would release SPA or Bathurst now they won't sell super good. The reason? Not too many people playing the game now, and if they won't sell then T10 will say again that DLC tracks don't sell.

I think the key to the tracks is to have them as many as possible at the lunch, even as a DLC, but it has to be when the gamers traffic is at the peak and not when everything is going slow.

I really doubt that we gonna get any DLC tracks, even one would be awesome to have, but I really don't see it happening. At best we get a few new tracks for the next game, probably none of which we want, maybe some missing will return and some will be gone again, that's it.

I think it would be best for everyone not to release FM5 for 360. T10 take your time, make a lot of content, make a lot of new tracks, bring up to date outdated ones and fix the broken ones. Prepare more cars for Autovista (if it's gonna stay), build a better world tour mode, add more variety to it. Make the races longer (more laps), the championships bigger, with the qualifying, add some endurance races, 24 hour races. Put some more life into the tracks and give as better racing atmosphere, let us feel that we are at the racing track and we are gonna race big.

If you not going for real time change, make sure that every or at least most of the tracks offer different time settings. Add night racing or weather, at least one of them, you can leave one for the next game. Take your time and build ultimate Forza Motorsport game, build it and you not gonna have to worry about anything, cause when you do it, everyone will want to have it. From that point, every another Forza game would be only bigger and better, more ultimate and people wouldn't hesitate to get it, cause you gave them the ultimate racing game, the game they wanted and they were asking for. You make the players feel like they're being listened, you make them happy and happy people like to spend money, for things that made them happy.

Well, at least that's how I fell about it :)

This is something that I would love to see improved on but please not in the way Shift series did.
There is too much reduntant stuff on tracks in Shift up to a point where it's sometimes hard to recognize where you are, even the guys from ISR were joking about it.
But I would love to see pit lanes packed with pit crews, some race service guys on the side of the tracks, tv crews etc. All of them animated, along with more lively spectators and some infield life.More ambient sounds too.
Lack of all of this is most likely because of hardware limitations and with those improvements as well as others mentioned already next gen Forza will be the racing game of my dreams ;) .At least I hope so.

G Rom

Three new tracks
Five more Autovista Cars
Five more Homespaces
Motorbikes as well!

Yeah, no, keep them as far as possible from FM please.
Just create a separate franchise like Forza Motorbikes or something like that, bring the Climax guys who did the awesome Moto GP Xbox games in and now we'd be talking.

BTW, why stop at 5 homespaces when we know they left out like 20 of them. Just give them all to us Turn 10, it makes no sense to have this content and to not use it...

And yeah, thanks BADNED for the tidbits, love them ! :)

Mascot

While i'd normally want the world in FM, bikes aren't included.
I find that they just don't translate well into games, handling wise.

Agreed. Keep bikes the fuck away from Forza, thankyouverymuch. Same with rally. We all know that if Turn 10 shoehorn rally stages into Forza they'll be half-assed and nowhere near as well implemented as those in whichever version of Dirt happens to be released closest to FM5.

Did we learn nothing from drag racing and drift, which were only included to make the whining majority over on FM.net shut the fuck up for five minutes?

Ditch Autovista while you are at it, Dan. Use the time and resources to give us something everybody can agree on: tracks. Lots of tracks.

saladine1

Agreed. Keep bikes the fuck away from Forza, thankyouverymuch. Same with rally. We all know that if Turn 10 shoehorn rally stages into Forza they'll be half-assed and nowhere near as well implemented as those in whichever version of Dirt happens to be released closest to FM5.

Did we learn nothing from drag racing and drift, which were only included to make the whining majority over on FM.net shut the fuck up for five minutes?

Ditch Autovista while you are at it, Dan. Use the time and resources to give us something everybody can agree on: tracks. Lots of tracks.

I'm a rally nut, so I would love to see it in FM. But I do agree that if it's just going to be featured as a half arsed mode, then no, I'd rather not see it in.

Greenawalt's vision is much more than just adding tracks. We know he wants anybody, everybody playing FM so things like AV are much more to his liking. Honestly, I didn't mind the AV but I would've loved to see it fleshed out more. So, if Turn 10 wants to keep going with the interactivity (I do), then I'd like to see a much more substantial experience offered for FM5.

T10 should rethink the grid position if they won't add qualifying. GT used to feel unfair being dumped at the back of the pack all the time but it's a better place to be in that stuck in the middle of Forza's fucking AI.

Mascot

I'm a rally nut, so I would love to see it in FM. But I do agree that if it's just going to be featured as a half arsed mode, then no, I'd rather not see it in.

Greenawalt's vision is much more than just adding tracks. We know he wants anybody, everybody playing FM so things like AV are much more to his liking. Honestly, I didn't mind the AV but I would've loved to see it fleshed out more. So, if Turn 10 wants to keep going with the interactivity (I do), then I'd like to see a much more substantial experience offered for FM5.
My concern is that, in trying to make Forza everything to everybody, Dan will actually make it nothing to nobody. I'd like Turn 10 to sharpen their focus, to concentrate on perfecting the Tarmac racing experience. Give us authenticity and atmosphere honed to absolute fucking perfection. Everything else - drag, Autovista, drift - is just a distraction, something that dilutes the experience for me, not adding to it but taking away.

Xanadu

Banned
My concern is that, in trying to make Forza everything to everybody, Dan will actually make it nothing to nobody. I'd like Turn 10 to sharpen their focus, to concentrate on perfecting the Tarmac racing experience. Give us authenticity and atmosphere honed to absolute fucking perfection. Everything else - drag, Autovista, drift - is just a distraction, something that dilutes the experience for me, not adding to it but taking away.

agreed

saladine1

Oh, believe me, I'm with you 100%.
I'd love nothing more than the ultimate motorsport experience but the fact of the matter is, Greenawalt just doesn't see it that way. I'm not saying he doesn't care about that aspect, FM4 is a testament to that, but he sees it more than just a racing game. He sees it as a tool to bring in the masses to passion and the love for the automobile. Because of that thinking, I don't think the 'ultimate racing experience' is his priority.

Having said that, one thing that has me wondering, was Forza Horizon conceived in order for him to concentrate on making FM5 a racer that every serious fan would dream of?

Mascot

Having said that, one thing that has me wondering, was Forza Horizon conceived in order for him to concentrate on making FM5 a racer that every serious fan would dream of?

I was thinking - hoping - the same. Is Forza Horizon the first of many splinter games, part of a much wider franchise? Maybe minor ones as smaller download-only games? Forza Rally, anybody? Forza Drift, Forza Drag..?

Sounds good to me if so. Everybody wins.

Motorsport simulation = Forza 5, with car culture in general, free roaming, casual racing, Top Gear challenges, etc in Horizon.

This pack is sooooo good.
Literally spent all night driving them, did nothing else - and went to bed after 1am haha..

Love the '98 GT1, that thing handles so brilliantly. The 962c is a right handful though! Laps of the 'Ring in that thing are going to take some tweaking and some finesse.

Spent most of my night driving that 997 GT2 RS though, what a beast.

Hey guys, I really would like some tuning help.

I would like to make grip tunes and want to know how to monitor telemetry to tweak settings.

Ultimately, I need to know how to choose a final gear, camber/toe and ARB settings and how to best tune bump and rebound and spring rates - I understand diff settings also come into play here too.

I am pretty familiar with cars and what the various components do to the car, I just can't seam to be able to comprehend how to use the telemetry and settings properly.

I like running A-class setups with race slicks and full weight reduction (weight and handling over power), so really want a tune where when you mash the throttle, the car neither understeers nor oversteers and just sits through a corner.

I I understand the importance of tyre pressures and temp and adjusting camber to create more contact area, I really just need clarification as to how I separate things like camber, toe, arbs when they all really affect the same thing.

Thanks, yours sincerely, Tuning Dunce.

EDIT: I forgot to say please. So, PLEASE!

The_Monk

Well, let's do some more Event Races!

Almost 3 AM went for a few drinks with friends, I never drink & drive, it's dangerous, only on Forza, apparentely

vrUAO.jpg

Aj6Nm.jpg

So good.

witness

Finished my first world tour play through, and I love that you can start over again from the beginning! I had no idea that you could do that, the world tour mode is much better than FM3's since you can use practically any car that you want (something that caused me to stop playing FM3's because I got to the point where it was forcing me to use R1's every race).

Top Bottom