• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

SarBear

Troll post? Pretty much everything in it looked decent and a lot of obvious proof-of-concept ideas sure to find their way to FM5 (rally, night etc.).

I loved it.

Shaneus.....bro, no one really replies to this guy much because of the obvious point you already noted. Do like the rest of us and just add him to the ignore list already.

Xanadu

Banned
Troll post? Pretty much everything in it looked decent and a lot of obvious proof-of-concept ideas sure to find their way to FM5 (rally, night etc.).

I loved it.

yes i maybe forza 5 will be a good game but this looks crap, the whole prostreet shit, the hip radio host and the brostep, i can see this game is not for me, call me boring but i like my racing games to be serious, this is a mockery

Mascot

Pretty much everything in it looked decent and a lot of obvious proof-of-concept ideas sure to find their way to FM5 (rally, night etc.).

I loved it.
It all looked OK, but there could easily have been a Need For Speed logo at the end. I'm still very uncomfortable with the Forza brand - which I currently associate with serious circuit racing, integrity, realism, quality, honesty, and enthusiasm for motorsports - being tagged on to some brodude ProStreet rip-off.

This, of course, is all based on fear of what little I've seen so far. The game might not be like that at all.

Let's be honest here: if it wasn't for the Forza association, how would we be judging what we know about the game thus far? Probably as nothing more than another cookie-cutter racing game.

saladine1

I'm going to be disappointed if there isn't any upgrades and customization in the game.
I want to do more than just paint my cars otherwise, what's the point of the 'Auto show' if all the cars are going to be the same?

I thought it looked pretty awesome. The biggest concern is if they will let it be actual open road, or if we will have to jump from event to event. I want to be able to just take my cars (hopefully with modifications) and just cruise around the world. If it IS like Pro Street, where you just go to a hub and then race from there, I will be massively disappointed.

The graphics looked quite decent, if a bit bland. The rally and night stuff looks amazing and I am very glad to see actual traffic in the game. I am still holding out hope that we will see Pikes Peak show up.

I'm really hoping they don't go OTT with the piss filters and sunsets. Everything looked a bit brown, a bit Sedona. Colorado has greenery, and snow, right?

From the other FH thread, it appears it will have snow.

The talk about lack of tuning is really bothering me. I hope they just mean the specific camber/bias/diff/etc stuff and not actual parts. That would fit with the whole NFS vibe as you could upgrade your cars but you couldn't tune them. We really need some clarification about their word choice.

I hope they mean tuning is out and not modifications. Still fairly shitty, but understandable.

Seanspeed

Banned

I loved it.

He likes to hate.

We still dont know a lot about the game, but what they've shown looks interesting. TDU had a great concept and if they can improve on that, then I'm in. I just hope the 'festival' stuff isn't too corny or annoying and that a lot of the great aspects of Forza(customization, fantastic online aspects, car variety and great controls) make it over.

saladine1

Sensory fucking overload. Horiozn, Meguiars DLC,E3....!!!

Eurogamer thinks that Horizon could be the best looking game this generation...

BADNED also said that it will be playable and to expect videos in the next few days..

Sensory fucking overload. Horiozn, Meguiars DLC,E3....!!!

Eurogamer thinks that Horizon could be the best looking game this generation...

BADNED also said that it will be playable and to expect videos in the next few days..

Really? The trailer they showed made it look pretty bland. I mean, I HOPE it is as gorgeous as they are saying but until I see some gameplay vids I remain skeptical.

Mascot

I wonder if FH will have those "Hollywood effects" mentioned in the leaked FM4 trailer and later dropped from the retail release?

i thought i was on your ignore list?

You'll be on mine soon enough.

Look, for someone who claims to be a fan of the series, you'd get at least a bit more credibility around here if your posts weren't almost exclusively petulant whining or snarky drive-bys that add nothing of substance to the conversation.

If you don't intend to contribute in any meaningful way, how about you take the hint and quit shitting these threads up with your nonsense?

Xanadu

Banned
You'll be on mine soon enough.

Look, for someone who claims to be a fan of the series, you'd get at least a bit more credibility around here if your posts weren't almost exclusively petulant whining or snarky drive-bys that add nothing of substance to the conversation.

If you don't intend to contribute in any meaningful way, how about you take the hint and quit shitting these threads up with your nonsense?

i post plenty of positive stuff about forza games, its just they get ignored, as soon as i say something bad the fanboys go wild! its funny

Anyone get any early DLC codes? H3RTZ? I really want to see the different upgrades for the new cars, especially the Ford, Celica and Bug.

I hope they have a Baja Bug option!

Anybody know if Horizon will have cockpit view?

I posted in the other thread, but I am pretty sure it will. Someone linked to a preview that mentioned that it will have a fully detailed interior view. Plus they have all been modeled already for FM4, so it would stand to reason that they would use it for Horizon.

SarBear

Holy shit. Fatality!!

Seriously, though, bro...just let him be. He's a miserable fuck that can't even keep his pretend-age consistent. He adds absolutely nothing to this thread, is a general annoyance, and trolls every single chance he gets. It's easy to see right through his posts that he's one step off the ledge anyway, just let him dig his own grave.

Xanadu

Banned
Holy shit. Fatality!!

Seriously, though, bro...just let him be. He's a miserable fuck that can't even keep his pretend-age consistent. He adds absolutely nothing to this thread, is a general annoyance, and trolls every single chance he gets. It's easy to see right through his posts that he's one step off the ledge anyway, just let him dig his own grave.
lol have never been banned for "trolling" or even warned, you are just a fanboy whos feelings get hurt when i say negative things about your baby :)

lol have never been banned for "trolling" or even warned, you are just a fanboy whos feelings get hurt when i say negative things about your baby :)

The thing I love is your passive-aggressive smileys at the end of your bullshit. It's like talking to my 11 year old neice.

Okay, that is not fair at all. My neice is actually very intelligent.

I posted in the other thread, but I am pretty sure it will. Someone linked to a preview that mentioned that it will have a fully detailed interior view. Plus they have all been modeled already for FM4, so it would stand to reason that they would use it for Horizon.
Thanks Shortt. Thanks twice :)

Seanspeed

Banned
sticks and stones :)

Is what your brain seems to be made up of.

You've already admitted you dont play or care about the series anymore, yet you still stick around to make these never-ending digs at the series. Please, do us a favor and go away. That you haven't been banned yet isn't a sign that what you're doing is ok, you're just getting lucky and/or knowingly skirting the rules as closely as possible so you dont get banned but still get to act like a shit.

So, is the Spahurst possible E3 reveal over now? That ship has sailed now that the conference is over?

Talk of DLC codes, are Turn10 doing one of those game with the devs things again?

Seanspeed

Banned
So, is the Spahurst possible E3 reveal over now? That ship has sailed now that the conference is over?

It was never going to happen. Some people remained(and possibly still remain) eternally hopeful, but its very late for a track pack to be released.

Seems that aside from a crack team of people working on new car packs, Turn 10 is very devoted to the next-gen Forza game.

It was never going to happen. Some people remained(and possibly still remain) eternally hopeful, but its very late for a track pack to be released.

Seems that aside from a crack team of people working on new car packs, Turn 10 is very devoted to the next-gen Forza game.

You break my heart, Seanspeed.

Ah well, still playing the crap out of Forza 4 anyway, so I can't complain.

Horizon is looking like a must have for me as well.

Xanadu

Banned
Is what your brain seems to be made up of.

You've already admitted you dont play or care about the series anymore, yet you still stick around to make these never-ending digs at the series. Please, do us a favor and go away. That you haven't been banned yet isn't a sign that what you're doing is ok, you're just getting lucky and/or knowingly skirting the rules as closely as possible so you dont get banned but still get to act like a shit.

if i didnt care i wouldnt be here, looking forward to forza 5, and i am not getting lucky lmao you are just part of the forza defence force

Is anyone still on "speaking" terms with Jube?

Wondering if he might be able to help me out with my Storefront issues. It's still happening to me tonight :-(

I really want it fixed so I can continue to enjoy the parts of the game that I love.

I seem to recall a t10 employee (possibly Che) in the past sorting something similar out behind the scenes for someone else back in FM3 days.

saladine1

In BADNED I trust.

If he says that Blue Mountain is not in the game for a reason, then I take that to mean the real Mount Panorama will make it instead.

In BADNED I trust.

8ezTb.jpg

Top Bottom