• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

G Rom

Nice car indeed H3rTz. :)

Updated probable DLC list :
Hudson Hornet
Citroën ZX or Ascari KZ1-R
Sukuki Swift GTi
Citroën DS4
McLaren MP4-12C GT3
AMC Gremlin

Managed to get the Challenge Stardale in the FM.net thread :

forza602idjrm.jpg

forza601p38h4.jpg

Edit : Got this as well. :)
forza604j8z1e.jpg

forza603r0bak.jpg

mZI0H.jpg

1WgiX.jpg

R3 is pretty nice.

Quite like the handling and damn, that top speed!

Edit : It's basically confirmed to be in.
So we're looking at :
Hudson Hornet
Citroën ZX or Ascari KZ1-R
Citroën DS4
McLaren MP4-12C GT3

Wooooooow.

This would be pretty amazing if true.

Mascot

Lol, we did some work for U2's Zoo TV tour around 1992 so they gave us one of their painted Trabants when it was finished. Had it parked in front of our reception for ages to welcome visitors (the plan was to suspend it from a mast, but we never got around to it).
It pretty much dissolved within a couple of years and in the end it was only the rust holding it together. I was quite sad when the scrap dealer finally towed it away.

eso76

citroen ds4 yay !

also the cockpit glitch is great, i had to uninstall the game (cars were loading too fast) but you dont need to clear cache, just selecting a different car gives you enough time to do the trick.

Most interiors are amazing, they just lack better self shadowing and ambient occlusion (although some materials in older cars are weirdly 'luminous', completely ignoring global illumination and shadowing) and just as i thought, you can see that cars with "pop-up headlights" have them fully modeled under the hood, despite never being visible ingame (why didn't they include an option to have them showing in homespace at least ? duh)

Which at least tells us cars were night-racing ready, maybe they really had to scrap night racing at some point.

saladine1

Lol, we did some work for U2's Zoo TV tour around 1992 so they gave us one of their painted Trabants when it was finished. Had it parked in front of our reception for ages to welcome visitors (the plan was to suspend it from a mast, but we never got around to it).
It pretty much dissolved within a couple of years and in the end it was only the rust holding it together. I was quite sad when the scrap dealer finally towed it away.

lol, rust, an all too similar story with cars from that era. You had those old Alfa Romeos that were very sexy but forget about buying one, they would start to rust just at the sight of gathering clouds...

G Rom

How'd you get those?

Got them there. They give unicorns for giving the good answer to the clues and also for some other stuff like saying what you like about the Viper or which was your favorite Star Trek episode. Next round will be monday.

@ G Rom, very nice shots ;)

Thanks. :)

Beautiful, man. Do you have this in 1080p? I want a new wall :p.

Tried to remake it :

also the cockpit glitch is great, i had to uninstall the game (cars were loading too fast) but you dont need to clear cache, just selecting a different car gives you enough time to do the trick.

You don't have to uninstall the game, just slap many vinyls on the car, it will slow the loading.
As I said before, make an 800+ layers vinyl group and just edit its size to 0 so that it becomes invisible. That way you just have to load that group each time and copy/past it on both sides and the roof.

Mascot

Oops - I owe Turn 10 a bit of an apolgy.
A little while ago I complained about the audio bias, and my perception that environmental sounds (particularly the engines of other cars around me) were too muted.
Turns out I had the sound balance set to 'Car' for some reason. I moved it back to Default this morning and the difference is night & day. No ideal how/when/why this happened, but... sorry Turn 10 - Forza 4 sounds great!

saladine1

A little while ago I complained about the audio bias, and my perception that environmental sounds (particularly the engines of other cars around me) were too muted.
Turns out I had the sound balance set to 'Car' for some reason. I moved it back to Default this morning and the difference is night & day. No ideal how/when/why this happened, but... sorry Turn 10 - Forza 4 sounds great!

lol, I remember when you stated this and I asked if you switched over to default or even tires...didn't get an answer :(

Anyway, I found this site where they have every single spec of the old Volvo 242 group A race car that raced in Bathurst in the 80's...and I mean right down to the smallest detail.
From what clutch it ran to what cam was installed, what gear ratios it was running to the wheels and tyres used.
So, I turned to the game to see if I could replicate the car and I must say, it went very well!
Pretty much an absolute replica of the real thing...
Good times..

BADNED, if I can ask, why haven't we seen any Group A race cars so far?

I just spent literally hours trying to make this car usable in B-Class tonight. I found it so difficult to make the rear end play nicely.

FHZIe.jpg

I read notes and tips from you guys, watched YouTube videos on tuning, just to brush up on my tuning knowledge.

I was so convinced that this was just one of those 'untameable' beasts that I resorted to the storefront to find a tune just to be sure whether or not it was possible!

I didn't like that tune either (even though it was most downloaded), but before I laid the pony to rest, I figured I would just throw together some parts (handling a priority) and quickly fiddle with the numbers in the settings to my best knowledge.

To my shock, not only did this random (yet educated) combination produce a very stable tune, it also was almost 3-quarters of a second quicker (with my driving) than the storefront one and more so the one that I made using slave_munky's tuning spreadsheet!

I could not believe it! A whole night wasted, when all it took was something slap-dash and random!

Have any of you guys ever experienced anything ironic/quirky like this with tuning?

lol, I remember when you stated this and I asked if you switched over to default or even tires...didn't get an answer :(

Anyway, I found this site where they have every single spec of the old Volvo 242 group A race car that raced in Bathurst in the 80's...and I mean right down to the smallest detail.
From what clutch it ran to what cam was installed, what gear ratios it was running to the wheels and tyres used.
So, I turned to the game to see if I could replicate the car and I must say, it went very well!
Pretty much an absolute replica of the real thing...
Good times..

BADNED, if I can ask, why haven't we seen any Group A race cars so far?

You will give us this site now!! I love the 242 in the game and I would love to replicate those old race cars.

saladine1

You will give us this site now!! I love the 242 in the game and I would love to replicate those old race cars.

Here you go

http://people.physics.anu.edu.au/~amh110/group_a_volvo_specs.htm

@Skeletor
lol, sometimes slap-dash and random trumps exact science!

In the end, the best way to learn about tuning is fiddling with shit yourself and find out what's what. One mans tune is another man's horror story. Ultimately, if it feels right for your driving style than go with it..

Mascot

Shit, sorry man - don't remember seeing that. Belated thanks..!

In other news, I just bought this aluminium shifter knob off eBay to mod my h-pattern Fanatec shifter with.

481350576_o.jpg

I've had the Fanatec apart and the shaft is 14mm diameter, so it should fit perfectly. Not sure it's a genuine MOMO, though - not for £8 delivered (lol). Replacing the hollow plastic knob with a heavier metal one apparently makes a world of difference, according to folklore. I'll post some pics & impressions when it's arrrived and fitted.

G Rom

A new shot (click for the original 8MP goodness) :

BTW, if any of you want a photo of a specific car, I can try to do something. ;)

saladine1

I'm bored so..

If you had to choose only one car and one track for the final DLC, what would it be?

Car- Holden LX A9X Torana
Track- Mount Panorama

Car: Classic Mini Cooper

Track: Monaco (one can dream, right?)

A little while ago I complained about the audio

Oops. I've had mine set to Car since it came out. I hope I'm eating crow when I change the audio back to default and the ambiance is a little more prominent. :s

Mascot

Looks like Othergame5 is getting ANOTHER track DLC (Montegi on top of the previous Spa download).

ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION, BEARDY? KAZ IS TAKING THE PISS OUT OF YOU! WHAT YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT?

G Rom

Yeah we've known about Motegi for some time now. Not the best track to release as DLC IMO, especially when they could have ported some of the awesome GT4 tracks instead. I'm still waiting for my George V or El Capitan redone for GT5, PD !
Although to be honest, I'd rather get more cars as DLC for GT5 but that's a debate for another thread. :)

Car: Opel Commodore B Steinmetz 'Jumbo'
Track: Interlagos

Would love to see Interlagos as well, it's probably just behind Spahurst on my most wanted tracks list.

sneaky77

Looks like Othergame5 is getting ANOTHER track DLC (Montegi on top of the previous Spa download).

ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION, BEARDY? KAZ IS TAKING THE PISS OUT OF YOU! WHAT YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT?

add Blue Mountains to FM5 while removing the french alps.

Car: 2010 Audi RS6 Avant (come ON! Twin Turbo V10, AWD Wagon!!)

Track: Mid Ohio (in a hotel getting ready to head to a vintage race there as I am typing this)

Top Bottom