• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Lots said Austin Mini, Ford Model T but who knows until Monday.

Also, really hope that for FM5 that T10 has at least 2-3 tracks to release as DLC over the course of the 10-12 month car DLC schedule.

All of these DLC cars and we still have the same old tracks almost one year later.

I would love the old Mini, its one of those cars that i dont understand why is not in already, like the it was with the Beetle. I´d love to have the Ford T too and any of those old small cars.
Forza is soo complete in terms of cars that adding some weird and unknown cars is more than welcome.

About the DLC, i´d love a big expansion, like Porsche but with tracks and cars, with new variety of events, kind of the Shift 2 DLC!

addyb

Well had a couple of hours on it and got to the 3rd set of races. I'm really liking world tour but at this early stage it's very very easy to win even with all aids off which is a tad disappointing but ive heard the events list is better as you can set the difficulty of the AI.

I'll still carry on with WT as im treating it like a training phase as im not really an experienced racer so it's good to know the tracks and also try out various cars. It's really really satisfying when you nail certain corners with some nice maneuvers like a decent drift.

I have no friends who play this so it would be great to get some fellow gaf'ers added so I can use the rivals mode as well.

My gamertag is: addbo

Stubo

So i FINALLY learned Manual + Clutch. FINALLY!!!

All my times have dropped at LEAST one second. This shit is crazy.
I've not been on the game much for a while, but this is crazy!

...I don't have a wheel though so I guess it's not really as applicable to pad users?

Mascot

Neither does SarBear or a bunch of the rest of us. Get that clutch on the A-button and get moving.
Yep, much faster than clutchless shifts. Re-map the buttons so clutch is A, B is upshift and X is downshift. That way you hit the shift and gear buttons simultaneously with one thumb. It's a piece of piss. Your times will tumble and you'll earn the respect of your peers.

Yep, much faster than clutchless shifts. Re-map the buttons so clutch is A, B is upshift and X is downshift. That way you hit the shift and gear buttons simultaneously with one thumb. It's a piece of piss. Your times will tumble and you'll earn the respect of your peers.

Had no idea this was viable with a controller, I'll have to try it tonight.

Yep, much faster than clutchless shifts. Re-map the buttons so clutch is A, B is upshift and X is downshift. That way you hit the shift and gear buttons simultaneously with one thumb.

X/B are already set to those.

Heel-and-toe braking downshifts are pretty easy. Roll from A to X with your thumb and squeeze RT as soon as you hit A. Sounds great too.

Had no idea this was viable with a controller, I'll have to try it tonight.

Yeah. Pretty funny when we were doing our low-class races as a club pulling away from everyone.

addyb

Ive always been an auto gears guy on all racers ive ever played ( yes bad I know) but it does sound intriguing setting up manual like this.

SarBear

This is true.

In the September DLC thread theres lots of people pointing at the Peugeot 406 Coupe as one of the possible cars, i hope its true because i love that car, its my favorite street Peugeots.

scaled.php

In the September DLC thread theres lots of people pointing at the Peugeot 406 Coupe as one of the possible cars, i hope its true because i love that car, its my favorite street Peugeots.

It really is one of Pinifarina's most elegant designs in my opinion, backed by a very nice V6 too :) wouldn't mind seeing it in forza!

Hey guys, has anyone seen or heard from Hertz lately? I haven't seen him around much and still haven't seen that green colour schemed Porsche 911 yet - I assume it's still a WIP...
Sent him a message on XBL, but haven't heard back.

Any good news on the Sept DLC front yet?

ALAN ULTIMATE

Neo Member
"Thank you all for your participation and the next DLC thread will be managed better when I have more time to give to it."

John.

Nice and early confrimation of more FM4 DLC, no doubt due in October ;)

SarBear

"Thank you all for your participation and the next DLC thread will be managed better when I have more time to give to it."

John.

Nice and early confrimation of more FM4 DLC, no doubt due in October ;)

I can only assume the R8 GT is going to be DLC at some point since it's a part of Horizon.

True, still want me some new tracks though ;)

Me too, I mean, damn, come on. Not a single track in a year? Give me Bathurst...it'll at least keep me entertained.

I've been grinding through the World Class races (the ones that have 2 sessions, each taking about 11 minutes) and it's just boring as hell because it's literally the same tracks for each class. They don't even use the Alps or Montserrat.

I just hope the lack of DLC tracks is compensated by a lot of new tracks in FM5.

I want the FM3 circuits back. The FM1 tracks too. And Spathurst. That's the least they can give us...well, maybe not the FM1 tracks, but it would be awesome.

microtubule

I just hope the lack of DLC tracks is compensated by a lot of new tracks in FM5.

I want the FM3 circuits back. The FM1 tracks too. And Spathurst. That's the least they can give us...well, maybe not the FM1 tracks, but it would be awesome.

The other game (Forza's competition) has done a pretty good job in terms of DLC tracks.

At this point I do not expect any tracks (especially new ones to the series) until FM5 and I have said it before that I expect more DLC tracks in FM5 because of the rivals integration and better possibility of selling more track DLC because of that integration.

If T10 doesn't realize it, this is one of the big reasons the car packs sold so well because of the community monthly rivals integration.

The other game (Forza's competition) has done a pretty good job in terms of DLC tracks.

At this point I do not expect any tracks (especially new ones to the series) until FM5 and I have said it before that I expect more DLC tracks in FM5 because of the rivals integration and better possibility of selling more track DLC because of that integration.

If T10 doesn't realize it, this is one of the big reasons the car packs sold so well because of the community monthly rivals integration.

Forza did better with cars, TheOtherGame5 did better with tracks. Well, they simply did, since Forza 4 did nothing...i hope they manage to keep up in the future.

Also, i just forgot, apart from new tracks, updated Nürburgring Nordschleife and Silverstone are mandatory, of course!

In England we say Per-sjo. But other nations say Pew-show. The Welsh say Llandrgishenn-croisadillioghfgt.

In my case, i say Pew-Jo

Here, some examples of how to properly say some words:

http://es.forvo.com/word/lamborghini/#it
http://es.forvo.com/word/pagani_huayra/#it
http://es.forvo.com/word/peugeot/#fr
http://es.forvo.com/word/porsche/#de
http://es.forvo.com/word/seat/#es
http://es.forvo.com/word/volkswagen/#de

Just in case anyone is curious, I am going to start a new video series called "Kuraudo Nobor" (Cloud Climb). It will be runs up the New Hillclimb version of Kaido. This time I am tuning the cars up to their complete maximum but with no engine/drivetrain swaps. I am still going to use the No HUD/Rewind/etc rules, but these cars will be far from stock. I would love suggestions on what camera angles you like the best and what cars to use.

It definitely won't be daily, but I want to try to get a 2/3 a week in. I promise I won't spam the videos here again, but once it is up, I will give you links to the subreddit/YT pages.

Thanks again!

Sorry to bug everyone again, but what replay camera do you all enjoy better for stuff like this? Do you like the cockpit camera, or the standard TV style camera? Or maybe the chase camera?

I was thinking about switching this one up to the TV style replay camera, but I am not quite sure yet. Just trying to get a feel for what people dig the most.

Mascot

Having just discovered the Flying Lizard 911 GT3 RSR, I'm not sure any more DLC cars (or any of the gazillion existing cars, to be honest) are really necessary.

Tweak it up to 800 PI with one of the highest rated storefront tunes, select Road America in the five-lap R3 world championship, stick the AI on professional (but don't let them upgrade their cars), turn all assists off, set the volume as high as you can stand it and enjoy some of the most intensely enjoyable racing imaginable. The thing screams like a banshee at 9,500 rpm, corners on rails and stops on a dime.

Seriously, try it - it's worth the price of the game and the Porsche pack combined. Hell, it's probably worth the price of my racing cockpit too. Amazing, amazing fun.

Anyone else have any good car/track combo recommendations?

microtubule

Having just discovered the Flying Lizard 911 GT3 RSR, I'm not sure any more DLC cars (or any of the gazillion existing cars, to be honest) are really necessary.

Tweak it up to 800 PI with one of the highest rated storefront tunes, select Road America in the five-lap R3 world championship, stick the AI on professional (but don't let them upgrade their cars), turn all assists off, set the volume as high as you can stand it and enjoy some of the most intensely enjoyable racing imaginable. The thing screams like a banshee at 9,500 rpm, corners on rails and stops on a dime.

Seriously, try it - it's worth the price of the game and the Porsche pack combined. Hell, it's probably worth the price of my racing cockpit too. Amazing, amazing fun.

Love the GT3 RSR/CUP cars....that downshift!!! couldn't imagine not using manual w/clutch for that.

speaking of Road America, upgraded 911 GT3 RS on that.....ohhh yes. Also, 911 GT2 RS on Laguna Seca and 550 on Top Gear Track.

Jamesways

That happens to be one of my favorite car/track combos too. Except I slightly prefer the #54 Black Swan GT3 GTC entry. That's my favorite Porsche in the game.
To be honest, after coming back from the ALMS race there last weekend, I can't get enough of racing the R3 cars on RA right now. I picked up a great Alex Job Weathertech paint for the Black Swan, so it's perfect. Also bought a fantastic TRG paint for the Batterty Tender Porsche. I'm digging the Ferrari 458GT (with a proper ESM #01 Paint) on there lately too.

Otherwise, the old favorites are the #26 Porsche GT1 or Audi R8 LMS on the Ring, and one of the Audi DTMs or BMW Z4 GT3 on the Nurb GP circuit.

Mascot

That happens to be one of my favorite car/track combos too. Except I slightly prefer the #54 Black Swan GT3 GTC entry. That's my favorite Porsche in the game.
To be honest, after coming back from the ALMS race there last weekend, I can't get enough of racing the R3 cars on RA right now. I picked up a great Alex Job Weathertech paint for the Black Swan, so it's perfect. Also bought a fantastic TRG paint for the Batterty Tender Porsche. I'm digging the Ferrari 458GT (with a proper ESM #01 Paint) on there lately.

RA is such a fantastic track for GT cars. I think if I could only have one track in the game (Ring excluded) it would be that one.

Thanks for the recommendations (microtubule too) - I'll definitely give them a whirl.

Full of classics but there i dont see any car there that i really love, its a good decent pack of good cars but no star. I was really hopping for the Mini and the 406 :(

G Rom

11 cars so no, it dosen't take an additional slot.

Another amazing pack, FM4 simply has the best car list in town at the moment.

I can't wait to see pictures and videos of the crazy active aero on the 300 SLR :
1955_Mercedes_300_SLR_f3q.jpg

A new French car is always good in my books as well, especially the DS4. Although, I would have preferred that they waited for the Racing version but I won't complain...

To be honest, after coming back from the ALMS race there last weekend, I can't get enough of racing the R3 cars on RA right now.

How about that P1 finish, huh? I thought Hindhaugh was going to pass out in the commentary booth. Luhr's stint during the HPD's comeback charge, especially the battle with Smith over last several laps, was some of the best sportscar racing I've seen all year.

I can't get over how steep the Turn 2 drop under the Briggs & Stratton bridge looks on TV.

Jamesways

How about that P1 finish, huh? I thought Hindhaugh was going to pass out in the commentary booth. Luhr's stint during the HPD's comeback charge, especially the battle with Smith over last several laps, was some of the best sportscar racing I've seen all year.

I can't get over how steep the Turn 2 drop under the Briggs & Stratton bridge looks on TV.

Yeah, that finish was insane! It's been close racing there the past 3 years, but this one was so adrenaline rushing the last 45 min. Closest finish in ALMS history, .083 sec!

You really don't get a sense of the elevation change around the track sometimes from TV or FM. I knew Turn 5 was quite a hill, but Turn 12 (Canada Corner) really surprised me. It's a pretty big rise up to 13-14. Also a nice drop after the Corvette Bridge.

Klocker

2013 Viper #91 SRT Motorsport GTS-R
2013 Viper #93 SRT Motorsport GTS-R
1968 Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale
1960 Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato
1958 Austin-Healey Sprite MKI
1953 Chevrolet Corvette
1965 MG MGB GT
1955 Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR
1967 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia
1983 GMC Vandura G-1500
2011 Citroën DS4

Mine

good pack

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
The GMC Vandura is a really bizzare choice. Coulda used a CTR3 instead of a pedo van.

Otherwise, there's plenty of old favorites here, can't complain.

Some pretty nice cars in that pack again. 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR especially - wow, Turn10 really get some justice done to the classics.

Top Bottom