• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

watership

Blackvette94 said:
It is really impressive. I skipped F3 but played alot of F2, this is a huge step up from F2 from what I can tell.

Try the demo. Or buy the game. :) Really, if you like cars, or games with cars in them, I can't see anyone doubting this purchase.

DasRaven said:
Excellent. My 2 LCEs will have to wait until lunch (~4h) before I can collect them, but I'm glad the codes will be right there on the receipts.

Why two copies?

Please don't tell me people are buying second copies to "collect" them unopened.

ACH1LL3US

watership said:
Try the demo. Or buy the game. :) Really, if you like cars, or games with cars in them, I can't see anyone doubting this purchase.

I pre-ordered the LCE awhile ago :p Re-bought a 360 basically for this game :p

Hawk269

Hyoushi said:
Sounds like Forza 3. The only time F3 ever served up an actual challenge was in same-make, all stock races, how are those in 4? Also, have you noticed any difference on tracks that the AI simply couldn't drive in F3? The full Maple Valley, for instance, where AI cars in S-class and above would most often just slam their brakes on before the hump after turn 2.

lol. Yeah, in F3 the AI cars did not know how to enter the pits on Suzuka. Was playing an endurance race and hired an AI Driver (was just trying to get some mroe credits) and around lap 24 or 29 the AI started to pits, but they did not enter properly, they all drove through the dirt and grass to get to the pit lanes...lol.

Also in F3, if the was a "S" curver, 9 times out 10, the AI would slam the breaks, it was one of those times when the AI is on your ass, you fly through the "S" curves and then look in the rear view mirror and the AI cars are almost out of sight.

Anyone know if the AI in F4 is a bit better dealing with stuff like above?

lil smoke

Banned
Right off the bat, it feels really weird and dark in the upgrade section. Things are harder to look at for my aging eyes, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I actually liked the fresh white of FM3 a lot.

Nice to see I can "downtune" my Micra before putting on the parts I want. I changed it to RWD, which was a performance index boost (?), then I switched to narrow rear tires, now I'm going to do something about this 98HP without maxing the PI. I want to see what happens if I keep the car relatively slow, but tight.

Was messing around a bit this morning. This all black Homespace is going to allow for some cool photos:

Veyron%252520SS.jpg

The Big Shot is HERE if anyone is interested.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
lil smoke said:
Right off the bat, it feels really weird and dark in the upgrade section. Things are harder to look at for my aging eyes, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I actually liked the fresh white of FM3 a lot.

Nice to see I can "downtune" my Micra before putting on the parts I want. I changed it to RWD, which was a performance index boost (?), then I switched to narrow rear tires, now I'm going to do something about this 98HP without maxing the PI. I want to see what happens if I keep the car relatively slow, but tight.

Up the brightness in the options

G Rom

Shortt Sirket said:
Was messing around a bit this morning. This all black Homespace is going to allow for some cool photos:

Veyron%252520SS.jpg
Could you post the prices of the LCE cars please ?
I'm intersested in knowing how much I need to save to buy them all.

Enron

Banned
So, instead of waiting for the MS Store to process my order, I went to BB and found a few LCEs for sale that weren't marked for preorder and picked one up. Is there any gaffer out there that wants an LCE w/bonus car (Honda CR-Z) that wasn't able to get one? PM me!

Just got the dispatch email from GAME, got my hopes up for a minute. But then remembered they emailed last week saying they are prepping the LCE orders early and you will get this before its actually dispatched. I just want the game now :(

DasRaven said:
VIP went live on XBLM in March. The game was released in October, so 5-6 months.
However, there was significant user outcry before they even planned to release it.
So, there's no guarantee.

But this LCE is so clearly more limited.

Yoritomo

Xanadu said:
loafers eh?
You are the biggest fucking downer on the planet. Did you really have that huge of a misconception of what the game was? I'm as critical as they come, I mean for fucks sake I make videos of steering oddities and keep spreadsheets of speed/corner data for any given car and tune but I can appreciate the game for it's achievements rather than shitting on it at every single fucking opportunity.

You're the first person on GAF on my ignore list.

Xanadu

Banned
Yoritomo said:
You are the biggest fucking downer on the planet. Did you really have that huge of a misconception of what the game was? I'm as critical as they come, I mean for fucks sake I make videos of steering oddities and keep spreadsheets of speed/corner data for any given car and tune but I can appreciate the game for it's achievements rather than shitting on it at every single fucking opportunity.

lol

SarBear said:
Hey, is it possible to upload pre-order cars to the car club for everyone to use?

Unfortunately it is not. They just say DLC and say you can't use them. Pretty big bummer.

Xanadu said:
loafers eh?

I don't understand? Are you dumb enough to think they would give you loafers in the game for that race? Or that some guy will show up at your door so you can wear loafers while racing it? It is an NSX-R around Suzuka, I am not sure what exactly you were expecting.

G Rom said:
Could you post the prices of the LCE cars please ?
I'm intersested in knowing how much I need to save to buy them all.

The VIP Car Pack:
2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport - $2.2 Million
2011 Ferrari 458 Challenge - $357K
2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera - $275K
2010 Noble M600 - $320K
2011 RUF Rt 12 R - $440K

lil smoke

Banned
Slayer-33 said:
Up the brightness in the options
I mean aesthetically dark, it's just different. Took a minute for me to find all the information!

They started me off with 60K from about 2.5 mil. Spent it in 5 minutes, but the CR are coming quickly, which is nice.

So much to do!

Damn I was up until 2:00 am last night. I played for about 7 hours. I am in a coma today at work. It was so much fun though. I maxed out an A level 370z, and I was owning vetts!!!

So many beautiful things man. There are some courses that are a challenge. There have been only a hand full of races that I won by a big lead. Its pretty much down to the final lap.

I can't wait to go home. I have settled on the behind the car cam. As much as I like in car, I feel like I am missing too much scenery, and I feel like I am not completely aware of my surroundings.

Xanadu

Banned
Shortt Sirket said:
Unfortunately it is not. They just say DLC and say you can't use them. Pretty big bummer.

I don't understand? Are you dumb enough to think they would give you loafers in the game for that race? Or that some guy will show up at your door so you can wear loafers while racing it? It is an NSX-R around Suzuka, I am not sure what exactly you were expecting.

The VIP Car Pack:
2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport - $2.2 Million
2011 Ferrari 458 Challenge - $357K
2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera - $275K
2010 Noble M600 - $320K
2011 RUF Rt 12 R - $440K
it was just a harmless joke, but i guess i didnt make it obvious enough :)

Xanadu said:
it was just a harmless joke, but i guess i didnt make it obvious enough :)

I have a great idea man. Instead of posting pointless and unfunny "jokes," how about you actually contribute to the thread in a meaningful way. You know, like everyone else. I know you desperately want to be cool and different, but your schtick is old and tired.

h3ro

Yoritomo said:

Shortt Sirket said:

I hope you guys get the reference.

Senna. Loafers. White socks. NSX. Suzuka.

Stay Godlike, Ayrton.

Shortt Sirket said:
I have a great idea man. Instead of posting pointless and unfunny "jokes," how about you actually contribute to the thread in a meaningful way. You know, like everyone else. I know you desperately want to be cool and different, but your schtick is old and tired.
I think you're overreacting. Chill out.

OneLetter

Went to Best Buy this morning right when they opened and walked out with the last two LCE's for myself and a co-worker. Can't wait to get home and finally get a chance to play it.

Xanadu

Banned
Shortt Sirket said:
lol fanboys, i swear its a much better place in the vs thread, at least there are people who can take a joke there

h3ro said:

Stay Godlike, Ayrton.

I know what he was referencing, I love that video. The man can drive like a demon even with his Sunday shoes on. It was just typical Xanadu/Fender schtick and I am just tired of it. Yes, I did overreact and I will try to chill out. Thanks man.

Xanadu said:
lol fanboys, i swear its a much better place in the vs thread, at least there are people who can take a joke there

Ah, "fanboys" the last bastion of those who have nothing better to say. Ad hominem attacks will get you everywhere I suppose.

Xanadu

Banned
Shortt Sirket said:
I know what he was referencing, I love that video. The man can drive like a demon even with his Sunday shoes on. It was just typical Xanadu/Fender schtick and I am just tired of it. Yes, I did overreact and I will try to chill out. Thanks man.

Ah, "fanboys" the last bastion of those who have nothing better to say. Ad hominem attacks will get you everywhere I suppose.
why get so mad over a little joke then? you are very defensive over anything forza related

Yoritomo said:

You have to ignore him. Why he is still a member absolutely baffles me, he was banned once for being a dipshit then just got a new username.? He's shitted up the Pre Release thread and now he's shitting up the OT. Even on ignore I see people still respond to his stupid childish shit.

Yoritomo

h3ro said:

Stay Godlike, Ayrton.

I get the reference. However I've also read basically every other post he's made in this thread. I don't mind a little trolling and poking fun but the incessant bullshit is irritating and contributes nothing. If he had any sort of insight into the game he wouldn't be ignore listed. His arguments are tiresome and I've spoken with high functioning autistics that were less grating and awkward.

kazinova

Today I will know the meaning of patience.

Ran home at lunch to setup the slow cooker for dinner, snagged Forza 4 on my way (upgraded to the LCE, I couldn't say no since this is the only series that I get the LCEs) and installed the second disc and setup the Speed Wheel.

They are both sitting on the coffee table for me when I get home in 4 hours. My boss and the other guy in my department aren't here today either so I'm being a good scout and finishing out the day.

I'm about to ruin my shirt with drool in anticipation...

Hours....

Xanadu

Banned
flyinpiranha said:
You have to ignore him. Why he is still a member absolutely baffles me, he was banned once for being a dipshit then just got a new username.? He's shitted up the Pre Release thread and now he's shitting up the OT. Even on ignore I see people still respond to his stupid childish shit.
already told you i was banned for different reasons silly. you guys take this game way too seriously

i say a small joke about forza not having loafers in it and you guys go ape shit. its quite hilarious actually

Top Bottom