• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

watership said:
HUZZAH!
RMuQi.jpg

Won't get to play until 7pm :\

I won't get to play until tomorrow. I have to wait to play Spec II as well. :(

Hawk269

Just an FYI since some people like little tid bits like this....

Install Size for Disk 1 is : 7.6 GB (Using the extended capacity by almost 1gb)
Install Size for Disk 2 is : 2.8 GB (Almost 1gb more that Forza 3).
-------------Total-->>>> : 10.4 (Almost 2gb more than Forza 3)

lol. Never knew I had a Unicorn car in Forza 3, it just unlocked the Achievement for it in Forza 4. Lol.

Well its bedtime for me but I got a good 4 hrs of playtime in.

Some points:

Let me say how much I love having to put in all those lovely download codes to get stuff, I would rather do that then you know play the game.

That first race was horrifying every assist on, blah it felt like someone was checking to see if I had a hernia.

After that OMG this game is big. I dont feel as if I have even scratched the surface.

Presentation is second to none, the best video game menus hands down, and I need to get the soundtrack there is some funky shit here

Top Gear lap in the Kia 1:47ish and I know I can do better because I was being very conservative with my braking.

Its going to be a long 19hrs till I can play again but I can't wait.

G Rom

Hawk269 said:
Just an FYI since some people like little tid bits like this....

Install Size for Disk 1 is : 7.6 GB (Using the extended capacity by almost 1gb)
Install Size for Disk 2 is : 2.8 GB (Almost 1gb more that Forza 3).
-------------Total--<<<< : 10.4 (Almost 2gb more than Forza 3)

lol. Never knew I had a Unicorn car in Forza 3, it just unlocked the Achievement for it in Forza 4. Lol.
Yup it basically takes as much space as FM3 fully installed with all DLCs.

The VIP car pack cars from FM3 are Unicorns in FM4, maybe you got the achievement from owning one of those in FM3.

XShagrath

Eric WK said:
Not sure if it's time to panic but here are the results when I try to track my release day shipment from Amazon: "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

Never had this happen with Amazon or UPS for release day delivery. It's probably just a weird glitch, but I really hope I get it this afternoon.

Mine still says "Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit". I called UPS and talked to a lady and she said that it should be delivered by end of day. I guess sometimes with Next Day Air, they forgo scanning at the different stops to speed things up or something. A friend of mine who lives just a couple towns over had his go out from the same warehouse and his says "Out for Delivery". Who knows if I'll get mine today or not. If I don't, I'll get my $10 amazon credit.

Unregistered007 said:
I am playing this game on my TV - Less Jaggies...

Playing on 23inch Monitor - HUGE AMOUNT OF JAGGIES.
Some mentioned TV vs monitor in the Foza 4 demo discussion thread on FM.net. How does that make a difference? I use a 20" Dell monitor. Uncharted 2 looked flawless on it. Just as good as our 50" Samsung rear projection TV. I haven't tried Forza 4 on the 50", but it looks great on my monitor. A few jaggies, but nothing huge.

It's gonna be a long wait until Friday now with everyone posting they got theirs. On the plus side, I've booked the Friday off and got the whole weekend to play. Whoop.

One thing I've not seen or heard about yet. Can you upload videos or is that gone now? :s only just thought about it.

Yoritomo

Hrmm I think if you hit continue before anyone else (the ai has finished) then you miss out on some credits... weird. Lemme try it again.

guest1321

So apparently the limited edition car pack codes include all of the VIP (limited edition only cars) and also the american car pack.

Someone had suggested before that we give away our american muscle car pack codes to others if we were buying a season pass so as not to be redundant and spread the love. I wanted to make it clear now that unless someone is willing to give away their limited edition cars, there will not be codes going around from those of us that bought limited edition. It is rather unfortunate and frustrating being a LE buyer that I'll only be getting 250,000 credits to compensate me for MS change or T10's change of plan.

That being said: It's here and I cannot wait to play, and any frustration will likely be drowned out by the end of tonight :)

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
guest1321 said:
So apparently the limited edition car pack codes include all of the VIP (limited edition only cars) and also the american car pack.

Someone had suggested before that we give away our american muscle car pack codes to others if we were buying a season pass so as not to be redundant and spread the love. I wanted to make it clear now that unless someone is willing to give away their limited edition cars, there will not be codes going around from those of us that bought limited edition. It is rather unfortunate and frustrating being a LE buyer that I'll only be getting 250,000 credits to compensate me for MS change or T10's change of plan.

That being said: It's here and I cannot wait to play, and any frustration will likely be drowned out by the end of tonight :)
That's annoying, I would have liked to have given out my American muscle pack :(

Gowans

Ah it's a shame the VIP n american muscle car pack is linked. Season passers could have gave out some nice bonuses.

Ignore my suggestion then.

guest1321 said:

Thanks for clarifying.

I was wondering how they handled this, as I was going to give away my extra code to a GAF'er if I decided to buy the season pass.

So hold on, with the speed wheel there is no mic port. So can you just have a controller hooked up at the same time so you can plug a headset in?

Gowans007 said:
Ah it's a shame the VIP n american muscle car pack is linked. Season passers could have gave out some nice bonuses.

Ignore my suggestion then.

How is it given in the Season Pass? Is it all one code or something also? Seems like the Muscle Car Pack code that comes with the Season Pass could be given? Or is it all one code?

I see the LCE is back in stock at Amazon. I could get it for $70 using my $10 promotional credit from the standard edition, then return the standard. I'd have to wait a few extra days though. Nah.

Gowans

flyinpiranha said:
How is it given in the Season Pass? Is it all one code or something also? Seems like the Muscle Car Pack code that comes with the Season Pass could be given? Or is it all one code?
Nah it's a free download through the game once you have the season pass.

Peterthumpa

VindictiveGnome said:
That's a huge design flaw. The MS wheel had a mic port. Would having a controller on with a mic plugged in work while you're using the wheel?
Nope, they want you to buy the wireless headsets. Also, battery should be a problem now that this is basically a controller with accelerometer functions, which should drain more juice.

guest1321

felipepl said:
Nope, they want you to buy the wireless headsets. Also, battery should be a problem now that this is basically a controller with accelerometer functions, which should drain more juice.
You gotta figure that the sensors from the analog sticks and the bumpers drained just as much power as an accelerometer sensor, right? I'm not too familiar with accelerometer and gyroscope hardware so they could be huge power hogs for all I know. It does seem strange though that they would consume a lot more power

felipepl said:
Good point. Greedy bastards! I'm still going to buy it soon. It would have been a nice feature though. I'm not going to buy a wireless headset when I use a Tritton 720 headset. I want to hear the rumble of the engines in high def. BTW, where is UPS? Come on!

Peterthumpa

guest1321 said:
You gotta figure that the sensors from the analog sticks and the bumpers drained just as much power as an accelerometer sensor, right? I'm not too familiar with accelerometer and gyroscope hardware so they could be huge power hogs for all I know. It does seem strange though that they would consume a lot more power
Don't know, maybe not... I mean, bumpers and sticks wait for user input to do something, so when you're not clicking the bumper, it shouldn't be consuming energy.

Not so with accelerometers I guess. I think that they should be "on" all the time, since they basically are triggered by sensing motion, not by button clicks.

Top Bottom