• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
anyone able to test load times between full install and playing off the disc?

Thanks for the info on the second controller tricks. Will be a pain for sure but just being able to disconnect then reconnect won't be too bad.

VindictiveGnome said:
So, what's the deal with profile transfers? Do I have to transfer my profile right off the bat or can I do it anytime through career? Can you transfer it multiple times? I appreciate the help!

It prompts you to import a FORZA 3 career or start a new career. Select import F3 Career and then it gives you a rundown of all your goodies. Its quick and simple so I'd do it and be done with it.

Mascot

Would it be rude of me to ask everyone to please stop playing FM4 until I get my copy on Thursday or Friday? Cheers guys - much appreciated. I knew you'd understand.

ruxtpin

Banned
MarleyManiac said:
That is some BULLSHIT!

I was reading the "Best Buy Cancellation Thread" on the official Forza forums where this was brought up because someone else noticed they shipped the dice before they cancelled his pre order. This person specifically asked about the dice and the CSR for BB told him they were his to keep free of charge.

I would be pissed, seeing as how THEY were the ones who screwed up and sent them when they knew they could not fulfill the orders.

If it is worth your time, i would call back & complain to get that $$$$ refunded to you. Please tell me you don't have to pay for return shipping if not?

I bitched up a shitstorm on the phone. They put in a request to their credit dept to have it refunded. It's only 6 dollars - which I can afford - but, to me, it's the principal of the matter. And I even told them I was willing to buy the regular edition of the game, because they were offering a 20 dollar gift card and 1600 MSP. To which the responded, "Yes, and those new items override the promotional dice so that's why you're being charged."

Mizzou Gaming said:
It prompts you to import a FORZA 3 career or start a new career. Select import F3 Career and then it gives you a rundown of all your goodies. Its quick and simple so I'd do it and be done with it.
Thanks for the advice and information. Race on!

LiK

Mizzou Gaming said:
No wonder I see people in my list playing FM3 this week. They had a plan!

flyinpiranha said:
Thanks for the info on the second controller tricks. Will be a pain for sure but just being able to disconnect then reconnect won't be too bad.

Yeah, it is what it is you know. This issue is brought up day 1 everytime a racing game launches. We discussed it earlier but I several, including myself, think its simply something that is not possible to be done because of the way the 360 hardware and software works. Definately not fact though so we could be wrong.

ruxtpin said:
It's only 6 dollars - which I can afford - but, to me, it's the principal of the matter. And I even told them I was willing to buy the regular edition of the game, because they were offering a 20 dollar gift card and 1600 MSP. To which the responded, "Yes, and those new items override the promotional dice so that's why you're being charged."

Exactly, they should write it off since they screwed you and misallocated the pre-order LCE shipment.

Another reason why I have avoided Best Buy for 3-4 yrs now.

witness

After spending the past 3 hours playing, I love this game even more so than F3. Autovista is super impressive for car nuts. The cars just feel "right".

My only confusion is how do I use shared cars in the gaf club? I can see them and test drive them, but it says, when I shared a couple of my cars, that people can borrow shared vehicles. How do you borrow them for events? Is it for online only events? I did test drive the Veyron SS and jeezus that thing is just scary.

samdavis

Neo Member
Shortt Sirket said:
Wow, just saw that Drive livery in the GAF Garage. Very nice!

Where can I find that at? And could you tell me how one gets into the GAF car club?

If someone needs this, my Gamertag is MercSqd.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
wait a minute? lol

is this right? I searched the forums and found a question below and below that the answer.

I entered all my LCE codes yet none of the cars show up in My Cars. Does that mean they're only available to buy in game? I don't get them straight away?

That is correct. The code only unlocks the cars for purchase, you do not automatically get the cars in your garage, you have to buy them in game.

Did I miss this? The 2012 BMW M5 is free today and that is not showing up either in the garage

witness said:
After spending the past 3 hours playing, I love this game even more so than F3. Autovista is super impressive for car nuts. The cars just feel "right".

My only confusion is how do I use shared cars in the gaf club? I can see them and test drive them, but it says, when I shared a couple of my cars, that people can borrow shared vehicles. How do you borrow them for events? Is it for online only events? I did test drive the Veyron SS and jeezus that thing is just scary.

Since you have the game, how does the DLC work? Am I missing something?

That is right. It just adds the cars to the game and you still have to pay the credits for them. I feel like this keeps coming up over and over. It makes more sense to me this way than just all of them being thrown in your garage. I dunno, I guess I don't mind still having to buy them.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Shortt Sirket said:
That is right. It just adds the cars to the game and you still have to pay the credits for them. I feel like this keeps coming up over and over. It makes more sense to me this way than just all of them being thrown in your garage. I dunno, I guess I don't mind still having to buy them.

wow.

ok thanks :/

witness

g35twinturbo said:
Since you have the game, how does the DLC work? Am I missing something?

The only cars you get in your garage are a couple of VIP's/Unicorns/DLC from F3 in your garage (I got my ZR1, LFA, and Delorean) along with a number of other vehicles that are gifted based on your F3 level when you import your save. Yeah you pay credits for everything else.

Question for the vinyl gurus. How do you flip/mirror a decal? I'm trying to put flames on my hood, but I cant flip or mirror the design so it can go on the other side. I must be really dumb :/

EDIT-Nevermind, figured it out(just negative the size). Still though, is there an easier way to mirror something to precision rather than just eyeballing it?

samdavis

Neo Member
Just saw that Drive livery (got into the car club as well). I must have it. You've gotta share it with the GAF somehow SoundScream13.

caramac

Mascot said:
Someone here said it's a glitch in their system. Try reordering or contact customer support, might be to do with outdated card details.

Good luck bud.

Cheers, will contact CS in the morning.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Hawk269 said:
He should have not had to press them as it rings up automatically when they scan both the wheel and the game. I used by gift card to buy 2600 points (3 card pack at 800p each) and then kicked in the $4.50 difference and it paid for my Season Pass!!
That's right. It rang up automatically. I'm also using it towards the season pass.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
op_ivy said:
anyone able to test load times between full install and playing off the disc?

how about just measuring load times if you have it installed?

:p

Gowans007 said:
Man the GAF club garage is getting huge about 75 cars in there now. We're gona need to list them.

I have noticed there is a decent amount of duplicates too. Might have to go thru and remove some of those.

Circle T

So, after my cancellation hassle with Best Buy, I was able to locate the LCE here locally. If anyone else is in Omaha and looking, NFM had about 12 copies of the LCE when I left just about an hour ago. Oh, and if you checkin on FourSquare, you get $5 off too :p

JetBlackPanda said:
Ok, So I have not played GT5 and I want to pick up Forza 4 or GT5.. I know this is a can of worms but can anyone give me a decent break down of what is better in each so I can decide?

Like a Grenade thrown into a kitten factory.

I just picked up GT5 again myself and plan on grabbing Forza 4. I like that GT5 has Night and weather racing, I also like some of the b-spec stuff they are doing. I absolutely loved Forza 3 though, so I couldn't pass up Forza 4.

Why did you decide to go with Forza 4?

It's a win-win situation, really. As a multi-platform gamer and racing fan, I need to own both.

I'd say Forza, it's just plays better on a controller. GT5, if you haven't played a GT can be difficult on a pad, yet rewarding when you nail it.

Forza is one of those games where it's easy to get into, looks and plays great.

DoctorWho said:
Like a Grenade thrown into a kitten factory.

I just picked up GT5 again myself and plan on grabbing Forza 4. I like that GT5 has Night and weather racing, I also like some of the b-spec stuff they are doing. I absolutely loved Forza 3 though, so I couldn't pass up Forza 4.

Why did you decide to go with Forza 4?

I just found out my friend will let me barrow his GT5 for as long as I want. So I think I will purchase Forza.

For all you good Forza folks Jordan (Owner of gtplanet) Just opened up a new site for Forza enthusiast appropriately named Forzaplanet.net. Check it out, and sorry for the shameless advert.

Just got it delivered and I have to say this is one of the better limited editions I've seen. The included autovista book is glossy, rich, and filled with everything you'd want. My co-worker flipped through it and will seek out a limited edition just to get his hands on one. Steel book case is also nice :)

Just a few more hours until I can take this thing for a spin...

Hawk269

Not sure if it is just me, but I have a killer internet connection and just played 3 races online with 8-12 players and it seems extremely laggy and/or framerate online is cut in half. Played a season event and it was buttery smooth, go online and it seems to be running at half the frame rate. Anyone else experience this?

Majanew

Banned
The way they handled installing Disc 2...ugh took me a second to realize I had to keep pressing the back button to get to the insall disc 2 option. What a fuck up, T10. And what's with that stupid race at the very beginning with the car braking for you. What the....

Grisby

So I was a recent racing sim convert with Forza 3 and was wondering how many tracks in 4 are new? Like what is the ratio of tracks brought over from 3?

Great OT and I'm looking forward to the pics!

Trust me by the time you are done entering codes and installing the game 40 min will pass by. Then the game loads up and you are forced into a long intro you can't skip, then onto a race you cant quit.

I was so pissed.

Top Bottom