• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

guest1321 said:
You gotta figure that the sensors from the analog sticks and the bumpers drained just as much power as an accelerometer sensor, right? I'm not too familiar with accelerometer and gyroscope hardware so they could be huge power hogs for all I know. It does seem strange though that they would consume a lot more power

Can't be that much, Wii, Move, and all PS3 controllers have it ... and they are all wireless with rumble.

ghostmind said:
Did anyone get their cars from the forza preorder email? What is going on with that?

I thought those were gifted in Forza 3 then transferred with the save game move?

flyinpiranha said:
Can't be that much, Wii, Move, and all PS3 controllers have it ... and they are all wireless with rumble.

I thought those were gifted in Forza 3 then transferred with the save game move?
I hope not. My brother's copy of Forza 4 is 30 miles away and I'm not going home until the weekend. I'm guessing you have to start up Forza 3 to make the cars transferable to 4. So, my question is: Do I have to transfer my profile right off the bat or can I do it anytime through career? Can you transfer it multiple times? I appreciate the help!

Hawk269

Well, the only fault and negative thing I have to say, it has to do with both the Speed Wheel and Turn 10 is that:

A) The Speed Wheel does not have a LB & RB, so in some menu's where you need the LB & RB you are screwed.

B) Turn 10 - Why did you not make it that if you have a 2nd controller that it could be used to navigate the menu's and use LB/RB for those of us that have the Speed Wheel???

Not Sure why they did this in both the Speed Wheel design, but even easier cause I understand that looking at the Wheel where would they put the LB/RB, but why did T10 not make it a vialble option to have a 2nd controller plugged in to use for the sake of navigating the menu's etc??? It really sucks that there is not that option to use the 2nd controller for stuff like this. I am sure this can be patched in somehow???

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Got last LCE on shelf at local Best Buy and a speed wheel. Haven't had a real wheel since the Dreamcast. Maple Valley, here I come.

Megasoum

Banned
Woot, just received the mail from Amazon.ca to tell me my LCE is in transit and should get here tomorrow.

So how did you guys get your pre-order code when you bought from Amazon? Was it in the normal "Has been shipped" email or it was in a seperate email? Did you see it on your account on the website?

Shortt Sirket said:
Hmm, I am not getting my daily bonuses for checking out the Community section anymore. Anyone else having this issue?

I was trying to figure out how to get them after reading the pop-up info when I clicked on Community. I explored everything in the community and got nada so I guess its not working for me.

Kind of going off of what Hawk269 said, if you use a regular wheel, how do you navigate and move the camera around for photomodes during a race? Like if you hit stop, go to photomode, and work the magic? Or is this just not possible?

Megasoum said:
Woot, just received the mail from Amazon.ca to tell me my LCE is in transit and should get here tomorrow.

So how did you guys get your pre-order code when you bought from Amazon? Was it in the normal "Has been shipped" email or it was in a seperate email? Did you see it on your account on the website?

Separate email yesterday or the day before titled "Your Promotional Code for Forza Motorsport 4"

DasRaven

BruiserBear said:
Why two copies?

Please don't tell me people are buying second copies to "collect" them unopened.

Oh, hell no. I don't believe in garage queens.

I got a second copy from BestBuy because I wanted a 2nd 1M code to trade for another pre-order car (CR-Z or Clubman).

I only chose to reserve the LCE because I figured I was most assured a secondary market sale with the additional VIP/LCE car packs. Since preorders were all $5, I pre-ordered the "most desired" product.

I also wanted to hedge against one BestBuy overselling the LCE and screwing me out of it.

Hawk269 said:
Well, the only fault and negative thing I have to say, it has to do with both the Speed Wheel and Turn 10 is that:

B) Turn 10 - Why did you not make it that if you have a 2nd controller that it could be used to navigate the menu's and use LB/RB for those of us that have the Speed Wheel???

Not Sure why they did this in both the Speed Wheel design, but even easier cause I understand that looking at the Wheel where would they put the LB/RB, but why did T10 not make it a vialble option to have a 2nd controller plugged in to use for the sake of navigating the menu's etc??? It really sucks that there is not that option to use the 2nd controller for stuff like this. I am sure this can be patched in somehow???

That blows, I really liked that option in that other racing game.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Pretty excited to pick up my LE after work, it's going to be hard to pull myself away from dark souls though.

flyinpiranha said:
Kind of going off of what Hawk269 said, if you use a regular wheel, how do you navigate and move the camera around for photomodes during a race? Like if you hit stop, go to photomode, and work the magic? Or is this just not possible?

I hold down the Guide button and turn on off the Speed Wheel. Then I turn on the controller. It is a pain in the ass and I don't understand why T10 didn't just let you use the 2P Controller to navigate the menus.

Megasoum said:

My code was sent as a separate email

Megasoum said:

I got my code for the WRX in the afternoon, then got a "It's shipped!" email around 10:00pm last night. I got my WRX code first, shipping confirmation next, then my $10 promotional credit last.

test_account

XP-39C²
DasRaven said:
Oh, hell no. I don't believe in garage queens.

I got a second copy from BestBuy because I wanted a 2nd 1M code to trade for another pre-order car (CR-Z or Clubman).

I only chose to reserve the LCE because I figured I was most assured a secondary market sale with the additional VIP/LCE car packs. Since preorders were all $5, I pre-ordered the "most desired" product.

I also wanted to hedge against one BestBuy overselling the LCE and screwing me out of it.
What is a garage queen?

Megasoum

Banned
flyinpiranha said:
Separate email yesterday or the day before titled "Your Promotional Code for Forza Motorsport 4"

MarleyManiac said:
My code was sent as a separate email

Ok good thanks. I just got the shipped email 5min ago so I'll wait a bit before sending them a mail complaining hehehe

DasRaven

Guileless said:
Got last LCE on shelf at local Best Buy and a speed wheel. Haven't had a real wheel since the Dreamcast. Maple Valley, here I come.

Did you press them for the $25 giftcard from their weekend ad?

Hawk269

flyinpiranha said:

Just to add to this, let's say you are using a Speed Wheel or a Regular Wheel, you get done racing for a few hours and want to mess with Photo or Livery modes, they way it works is you have to log out, turn off wheels, turn on a regular controller and then log back into your profile.

Giving users the ability to have a controller off to the side to use some functions would be fucking nice and less of a pain in the ass. I know in the Auction house, LB/RB are used so this is going to be a pain in the ass.

I do like that T10 at least made some configurations of the Speed WHeel. IN the demo you could not toggle the telemetry at all, but there is a setting in the game that allows this.

Hawk269 said:

A) The Speed Wheel does not have a LB & RB, so in some menu's where you need the LB & RB you are screwed.

In regards to B, I think implementing the 2nd controller is much more difficult than we think. I'm not saying I know this for a fact, but I'm betting its something within the 360's overall design that prevents this.

Hawk269

DasRaven said:

He should have not had to press them as it rings up automatically when they scan both the wheel and the game. I used by gift card to buy 2600 points (3 card pack at 800p each) and then kicked in the $4.50 difference and it paid for my Season Pass!!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Mizzou Gaming said:
In regards to B, I think implementing the 2nd controller is much more difficult than we think. I'm not saying I know this for a fact, but I'm betting its something within the 360's overall design that prevents this.
I'm guessing it's to do with profiles or something.

Hawk269 said:
Just to add to this, let's say you are using a Speed Wheel or a Regular Wheel, you get done racing for a few hours and want to mess with Photo or Livery modes, they way it works is you have to log out, turn off wheels, turn on a regular controller and then log back into your profile.

Giving users the ability to have a controller off to the side to use some functions would be fucking nice and less of a pain in the ass. I know in the Auction house, LB/RB are used so this is going to be a pain in the ass.

I do like that T10 at least made some configurations of the Speed WHeel. IN the demo you could not toggle the telemetry at all, but there is a setting in the game that allows this.

I just unplug my wheel then turn on my regular controller when I go from wheel to controller and visa versa.

Hawk269

Thank the video game god's that T10 installed a brightness setting for the game. I have a high end professionally calibrated 3dHDTV and it was too dark in the demo, F3 was the same. Just 3-4 presses of the d-pad to brighten it up in the intro of the game and all is well. Did not want to mess with having to adjust the tv itself for just one game.

Damn...the homespaces are great looking...only checked out 2 of them so far too.

kazinova

DasRaven said:
When i picked up my game I asked if they had any unreserved LCEs--got the last one--and asked offhandedly if they had Speed Wheels and the manager immediately blurted out that you get a $25 card if you get both together. Don't know why you'd have to press them for anything.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
my text exchange with a buddy

him: you at work?
me: yeah, leaving early at 2:30.
him: bbiab, gonna play some more forza!
him: lol

Just sent a request to the GAF club.

I'm going to play through the caraar for a while and build up a nice stable of rides, but I'm looking forward to some good racing and Rivals action with you guys.

ElNino

Hawk269 said:

It's been awhile since I have used my wheel with Forza (2 or 3), but I don't remember having to sign out/in of my profile. I would race with the wheel, then when I wanted to use the controller to take a picture or navigate the menus I would just unplug the wheel and turn on my wireless controller. When I was ready to race again I would turn the controller off and plug the wheel back in. I don't recall getting kicked out of my profile in the process.

ruxtpin

Banned
fuck BestBuy. Seriously. So after they cancelled my LCE pre-order they decide to charge me for the fuzzy-dice that we're originally a FREE, promotional item if I pre-ordered Forza 4. I call them up and tell them I'm not paying for fuzzy-dice (for whatever reason they decided to send the dice before the game was supposed to ship) and they tell me I have to return them because I no longer bought the game. Thank god Amazon had some more LCE copies available, nabbed one of those and cancelled everything from BestBuy.

Edit - I know, first world problems =P

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
hmmmm

weird, I downloaded the DLC and it doesn't recognize that I have the packs and if I goto the in game marketplace, it says I have to purchase them but it said in the screen b4 that, its purchased.

Hawk269 said:

yeah, the wheel off/controller on step is a minor inconvenience. would be nice to let the P2 controller work in menus, but there may be technological reasons they don't do that.

Hawk269

Mizzou Gaming said:
I just unplug my wheel then turn on my regular controller when I go from wheel to controller and visa versa.

Hmmm. I thought you had to log out or reset the system to make it work right. But it does. I just turned off the wheel, then turned on the regular controller and it worked fine. Still would be nice to have them both, but this is just as easy as well.

So, what's the deal with profile transfers? Do I have to transfer my profile right off the bat or can I do it anytime through career? Can you transfer it multiple times? I appreciate the help!

ElNino said:
It's been awhile since I have used my wheel with Forza (2 or 3), but I don't remember having to sign out/in of my profile. I would race with the wheel, then when I wanted to use the controller to take a picture or navigate the menus I would just unplug the wheel and turn on my wireless controller. When I was ready to race again I would turn the controller off and plug the wheel back in. I don't recall getting kicked out of my profile in the process.

there is an option to turn the controller off, you shouldn't need to log out, yeah. or just pop the battery pack out for a second or two.

sneaky77

AlanzTalon said:
there is an option to turn the controller off, you shouldn't need to log out, yeah. or just pop the battery pack out for a second or two.

yeah just hold the guide button down, > turn controller off

ruxtpin said:
fuck BestBuy. Seriously. So after they cancelled my LCE pre-order they decide to charge me for the fuzzy-dice that we're originally a FREE, promotional item if I pre-ordered Forza 4. I call them up and tell them I'm not paying for fuzzy-dice (for whatever reason they decided to send the dice before the game was supposed to ship) and they tell me I have to return them because I no longer bought the game. Thank god Amazon had some more LCE copies available, nabbed one of those and cancelled everything from BestBuy.

That is some BULLSHIT!

I was reading the "Best Buy Cancellation Thread" on the official Forza forums where this was brought up because someone else noticed they shipped the dice before they cancelled his pre order. This person specifically asked about the dice and the CSR for BB told him they were his to keep free of charge.

I would be pissed, seeing as how THEY were the ones who screwed up and sent them when they knew they could not fulfill the orders.

If it is worth your time, i would call back & complain to get that $$$$ refunded to you. Please tell me you don't have to pay for return shipping if not?

ElNino said:

Yes, I can confirm your recollection is correct kind sir. Do NOT sign out, just power down the wheel and then turn on the regular controller.

DRE Fei

g35twinturbo said:
hmmmm

weird, I downloaded the DLC and it doesn't recognize that I have the packs and if I goto the in game marketplace, it says I have to purchase them but it said in the screen b4 that, its purchased.
Same thing happened to me. Maybe they're planning on mailing them out later?

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
ugh so my dlc cards are not showing up :|

DRE Fei said:
Same thing happened to me. Maybe they're planning on mailing them out later?

I have my game now, I used the codes and downloaded the DLC from marketplace.

No reason why they shouldn't be showing up.

Top Bottom