• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

301060_10150350387403664_503653663_8097230_1289732248_n.jpg

Gotta go to school, but I'll be on this game like bees on honey when I get home.

Hawk269 said:
Well, the only fault and negative thing I have to say, it has to do with both the Speed Wheel and Turn 10 is that:

A) The Speed Wheel does not have a LB & RB, so in some menu's where you need the LB & RB you are screwed.

B) Turn 10 - Why did you not make it that if you have a 2nd controller that it could be used to navigate the menu's and use LB/RB for those of us that have the Speed Wheel???

Not Sure why they did this in both the Speed Wheel design, but even easier cause I understand that looking at the Wheel where would they put the LB/RB, but why did T10 not make it a vialble option to have a 2nd controller plugged in to use for the sake of navigating the menu's etc??? It really sucks that there is not that option to use the 2nd controller for stuff like this. I am sure this can be patched in somehow???
Yes this x100, I don't get why they omit the two buttons. It make the fucking thing useless for many games (it drive great with TDU except you can't access a fricking menu.).

I am thinking about returning it. So stupid, the actual wheel sensor and trigger are great. I really don't understand how MS could be so idiotic. I think they could easily put the teo buttons where your thumbs rest, or just copy old Duke controller and put black and white button by the ABXY, they are mostly use for menu for most gams any way.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
witness said:
The only cars you get in your garage are a couple of VIP's/Unicorns/DLC from F3 in your garage (I got my ZR1, LFA, and Delorean) along with a number of other vehicles that are gifted based on your F3 level when you import your save. Yeah you pay credits for everything else.

See I do not understand though, if the M5 is free today, why doesn't it go into my garage?

Hawk269

The book that comes with the L.E. is very nice.

Played online race on Sedona and Ladera Full and yeah, they are much more improved visually, especially Sedona with the better lighting and much better detail on the large rocks etc. So far, played 3 tracks Sedona, Ladera and Sebring and all three are much better than their F3 cousins.

g35twinturbo said:
See I do not understand though, if the M5 is free today, why doesn't it go into my garage?

It's free only to download from XBL. You still have to use in-game credits to buy the car from the manufacturer in-game.

Hawk269

Enron said:
how the fuck do I adjust the brightness in this game???

Options>>>>video options.

It was also one of the first things the game asked you to do was set the brightness. But it is in the options menu under video.

Enron

Banned
Hawk269 said:
Options>>>>video options.

It was also one of the first things the game asked you to do was set the brightness. But it is in the options menu under video.

Christ, do you think they could have hidden the Options menu any better?

sneaky77

U n i o n 0015 said:
It's free only to download from XBL. You still have to use in-game credits to buy the car from the manufacturer in-game.

Doesn't stop it from being kinda annoying system, specially spending actual $$ for DLC

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
U n i o n 0015 said:

:/ No point in buying the LCE then.

thanks for your help.

op_ivy said:
welcome to our (DLC) hell.

:(

Spasm said:
Dumb question, but did you go to the marketplace and download it?

yeah but from what I am told (above) it just unlocks it lol

I will fully admit that I suck, but the Pro setting on the steering is almost too much for a controller. The steering seems super twitchy and trying to get it out of a slide is nigh impossible at times.

Maybe I just am terrible at this game, but it feels almost more than the controller can really handle.

Reprise

Neo Member
So this is the downside to doing things on a budget by ordering from online shops .... watching everyone else have fun!

Gonna be another two and a half weeks before I even get this, guess i'm stuck playing FM3 for a bit longer :|

SarBear

Shortt Sirket said:
I will fully admit that I suck, but the Pro setting on the steering is almost too much for a controller. The steering seems super twitchy and trying to get it out of a slide is nigh impossible at times.

Maybe I just am terrible at this game, but it feels almost more than the controller can really handle.

See, i play with the controller as well, but i thought the simulation setting for the steering was spot on (for the most part). It is a touch twitchy, but if you're making adjustments that much to your steering then you need to set up your lines better. Or, what i used to do, is pump the throttle a touch to regain traction and correct my line.

Let me guess, you're racing with a Ferrari already? >_<

U n i o n 0015 said:
You get choice of reward cars, and credits are much easier to earn, not to mention tons of cars in the club to drive. I prefer it this way actually just as long as they don't go insane with car prices or make credit a paint to earn.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
ok last time lol.

now since I unlocked the cars for purchase, when I try to purchase them it says I already have AND it launches the XMB to re-download content I already have.

so..... I am confused lol

So the marketplace (XBL) says I have the cars but they are not in the garage

SarBear said:
See, i play with the controller as well, but i thought the simulation setting for the steering was spot on (for the most part). It is a touch twitchy, but if you're making adjustments that much to your steering then you need to set up your lines better. Or, what i used to do, is pump the throttle a touch to regain traction and correct my line.

Haha, touche. I do a lot better with the Speed Wheel I think, but it just seems too twitchy. I would be willing to bet a large part of it is that I am so used to the F3 steering. I tried to switch it back to "normal" and it just felt too easy. I will stick with Pro and learn to modulate the stick better when I am not using the Speed Wheel.

And most BMWs, I am not a big Ferrari fan. Outside of the 288 GTO, I would almost always take a Lambo over the equivalent Ferrari.

Wow, they really need to use the full lod cars from hot lap on normal races, looks much better than the blackened out interior crap they use.

sneaky77

SarBear said:

yeah I thought it felt good in the demo

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
g35twinturbo said:
ok last time lol.

now since I unlocked the cars for purchase, when I try to purchase them it says I already have AND it launches the XMB to re-download content I already have.

so..... I am confused lol

So the marketplace (XBL) says I have the cars but they are not in the garage

you had it right before. you download dlc to put them in the game, not in your garage. you'll still need to buy them in game to own them in your game garage. stupid

Enron

Banned
Does anyone else think the game looks a bit....washed out? Maybe its my tv settings, but my settings are great for everything else.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Mascot said:
Wow. Lots of complaints on this page.
Has the new game buzz worn off already?

i cant speak for everyone but i'm angry because i'm at work !

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
op_ivy said:
you had it right before. you download dlc to put them in the game, not in your garage. you'll still need to buy them in game to own them in your game garage. stupid

thank you Op_ivy <3

well granted I like the game alot, a bit confusing for a first timer for Forza. I been with GT for so long lol.

watership

bloodforge said:
Wow, they really need to use the full lod cars from hot lap on normal races, looks much better than the blackened out interior crap they use.

Just to be clear... are you saying that on normal races the other cars are blacked out interiors?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Loving the game. Just played for a bit with the Speed Wheel. Haven't decided if it will be my go to device yet between it and the controller. I have spent hundreds of hours of controller racing, which is ingrained in my head so I'm not sure if I will be able to get to the speed I'm satisfied with using the wheel. Having said that it does work well it will probably take some time though.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Grisby said:
So I was a recent racing sim convert with Forza 3 and was wondering how many tracks in 4 are new? Like what is the ratio of tracks brought over from 3?

Great OT and I'm looking forward to the pics!
The OP lists all of the tracks. Don't worry, Maple Valley is in there.

watership said:
Just to be clear... are you saying that on normal races the other cars are blacked out interiors?
No, I'm talking about the car you use. In a normal race the interior is all blacked out on the chase cam views. In hot lap you can see the interior very clearly with proper shadowing.

The hot lap visuals is what this game should look like like. Its kinda an ugly jaggy mess while racing.

Enron

Banned
Does it not display the car's stats in the selection screen for the Reward Cars?

I have to admit, Im a little disappointed in the visuals for the game. I went and looked at a couple of cars in autovista mode, and it just doesn't seem as crisp as all the screencaps that we've been drooling over. Maybe my eyes are bad, i don't know. But I can't help feeling a little let down.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
FOUND THE LAST LCE IN MY LOCAL FUTURESHOP

THEY GAVE ME A PRE-ORDER CAR ANYWAYS.

HUGE SUCCESS

Still, I'm never going to get a unicorn now though ;(

Majanew

Banned
Where's that LFE for the audio for us 5.1/7.1 setup guys with subs? I was told back in the demo impressions thread that the retail version had an LFE option for sub users... :(

These cars sound sick but they have no real low end since the sub is not utilized.

DasRaven

I picked up my 2 LCEs and my SpeedWheel, but neither of my pre-order codes (BestBuy).

They say that within 48h of in-store pickup I'll be emailed the codes. Should that not come through, I can call and they'll generate the codes for me and send them immediately.

We'll see. Now, for a great deal installation monitoring & typing into Xbox.com!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just to be clear, before going forward and playing, there's no way for a GAFer to gift me a FM3 Unicorn for import, is there?

Top Bottom