• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

NavNucST3 said:
My Amazon "release day delivery" will arrive tomorrow; unhappy!

Complain to Amazon, get some credit back.

EteRnal_PAL said:
Picked up my LCE during lunch, steelbook case and artbook are awesome quality! :)

They really are. The artbook is really nice, I just read through it and it's an awesome read with tons of amazing pictures.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Majanew said:
Where's that LFE for the audio for us 5.1/7.1 setup guys with subs? I was told back in the demo impressions thread that the retail version had an LFE option for sub users... :(

These cars sound sick but they have no real low end since the sub is not utilized.
Well that fucking sucks.

Linkin Park here I come.

So did we ever all figure out the Car Club thing? I signed up on the sheet, but whats the name of the actual club? I searched for GAF, and it automatically sent an invite so.... I hope thats it! lol

Majanew

Banned
NullPointer said:
It's barely touched at all car-wise. I can press a button on my receiver so only the sub is active and it's a letdown. Decent mid-range in my fronts, though so the cars still sound mean as shit. I just want more oomph in the cars. It's just a minor personal complaint that's all. It's not really a big deal, but I'd like it.

Fox Mulder

UPS just showed up with my game, all hail amazon for release date delivery and no sales tax.

I just finished grinding the last bit to level 50 in forza 3 too, so I'm ready for the drastic leap forward and free cars all over my face. Lol, even gave the unicorn achievement during import.

LiK

Majanew said:
Where's that LFE for the audio for us 5.1/7.1 setup guys with subs? I was told back in the demo impressions thread that the retail version had an LFE option for sub users... :(

These cars sound sick but they have no real low end since the sub is not utilized.

the fuck? i will need to test this when i get it.

Majanew

Banned
LiK said:
the fuck? i will need to test this when i get it.
Yeah, just for the cars -- their engine is in the sub, but very faint. You'll hear the sub, like the 3, 2, 1, GO countdown before the race has a nice punch lol.

Majanew said:
It's barely touched at all car-wise. I can press a button on my receiver so only the sub is active and it's a letdown. Decent mid-range in my fronts, though so the cars still sound mean as shit. I just want more oomph in the cars. It's just a minor personal complaint that's all. It's not really a big deal, but I'd like it.
Here's hoping that's rectified in a patch because I'd truly appreciate it. My neighbors can go fuck themselves. Still, it's good to know the audio is improved over Forza 3. That should make one hell of a difference.

Aptos

Gowans007 said:
Accepted you guys

Where do we add ourselves to the list? FM.net?

Edit: I figured it out via the community feature in-game. Accept me!?

Edit: Also, has anyone figured out how to use the controller in the menu and the wireless speed wheel for racing?

Gor@n

Neo Member
Anyone care to gift a LFA through FM3, so it get it in my FM4 garage? Gamertag:LOPATICKI, happy to send a F430 Scuderia, ZR1, or Gallardo SL

Majanew

Banned
NullPointer said:
Here's hoping that's rectified in a patch because I'd truly appreciate it. My neighbors can go fuck themselves. Still, it's good to know the audio is improved over Forza 3. That should make one hell of a difference.
Much improved. Just drove the #92 BMW M3 GT2 -- sounds sick! But I doubt they'd "fix" it since FM3 and if I recall FM2 had the same problem. But yes, the cars I've raced so far sound great. And increasing the brightness made the game look even better. Loving the game.

p3tran

Banned
Yoritomo said:
Played some this afternoon. Other 2 copies came in so I get to set up triple screen when I get home.
me = envious :)

g35twinturbo said:
thank you Op_ivy <3

well granted I like the game alot, a bit confusing for a first timer for Forza. I been with GT for so long lol.
I think it would be more confusing to do the opposite, go from f to gt. you'll find your steps within the day

in other news, has any european got the game already? (green disks not counted)

cjelly said:
Post everything in here. It's barely active as it is...

Will do! I LOVE this old school GT-R. With fully upgraded exhaust and intake it just sounds like God coming down to murder the road. Such an amazing car.

GTR.jpg

I just turn the sub right up (did with F3) but it was quite muffled with a lot less bass. Not acceptable, but better.

Gutted if it doesn't work properly after have the semi-confirmation last week :(

Shortt Sirket said:
Should we still post the occasional pic in here, or just leave them all for the Photo Thread?

Just leave them for the Photo thread for the time being, unless it's relating to a topic in question. :)

Edit

Very nice pic though.

The Photo thread will grow in time.

Majanew

Banned
-MikePriester- said:
I just turn the sub right up (did with F3) but it was quite muffled with a lot less bass. Not acceptable, but better.
Yeah, I turned the sub up, but it didn't do much for the cars. Now the 3, 2, 1, GO and hitting a wall hits really hard haha.

h3ro

Gowans007 said:
Accepted you guys
<3

Some quick observations after about an hour of diddling around:

1. Load times. Still too long.

2. Is it just me or does the interface not feel as streamlined as it was F3? I felt like a moron when I couldn't figure out how to install Disc 2 from the Menu they dump you out into after the Italia race. I must have gone into settings five times reading each option to see where I was missing it. Lucked into backing all the way back to the original start screen that you never see when you boot the game the first time.

3. The race start animation is going to get old. Quick. Also, for the love of Based God, TURN 10 LET ME REV MY ENGINE.

4. The game is damn gorgeous and the sound is phenomenal. I'm puttering around in a Nissan Micra right now with no mods. I can't wait until I'm in some real machinery to put my surround system to work.

5. Fool me once, T10, shame on me. No way in hell I'm doing anything other than F/E class events for the first few rounds through the game. I HATED slogging through these shitty races once I was Lvl. 50. Way too many of these crappy car races IMO.

Before some of the sensitive types get carried away with this post, know that the game is fantastic. Minor quibbles aren't going to stop me from putting some serious time into this thing. Can't wait until the Marketplace is up and running. :D

Hawk269

SCHUEY F1 said:
Loving the game. Just played for a bit with the Speed Wheel. Haven't decided if it will be my go to device yet between it and the controller. I have spent hundreds of hours of controller racing, which is ingrained in my head so I'm not sure if I will be able to get to the speed I'm satisfied with using the wheel. Having said that it does work well it will probably take some time though.

lmao. Same with me. Whenever I pause the game or use the rewing (rarely) I instinctly hit the dpad to turn the car because the d-pad on the speed wheel is where I naturally would feel the left analog stick. Once I am going with the speed wheel I am fine, but keep doing the same if I need to pause or something. I think that it is because in your hands you are not looking down at the wheel and it is sits in your hand almost like a controller, so my instincts are off.

h3ro said:
<3

3. The race start animation is going to get old. Quick. Also, for the love of Based God, TURN 10 LET ME REV MY ENGINE.

Yeah, surprised this wasn't changed this time around.

I think with the pre-race animation as it is, would it be possible for them to change it so we can rev ourselves? (I would have thought so, but would think the answer from T10 being, no...)

sneaky77 said:
Doesn't stop it from being kinda annoying system, specially spending actual $$ for DLC

It's definitely annoying, since you already paid real-world dollars just for the opportunity to use the cars in the game.

That said, it was the case with Forza 3 so I'm sort of used to it at this point.

90% installed...almost there!

-MikePriester- said:
Yeah, surprised this wasn't changed this time around.

I think with the pre-race animation as it is, would it be possible for them to change it so we can rev ourselves? (I would have thought so, but would think the answer from T10 being, no...)

The pre-race animation is lame. I know how to launch a car, let me do it myself. I feel like some of the launches could be so much better in certain cars if they let me do it.

BoobPhysics101 said:
The pre-race animation is lame. I know how to launch a car, let me do it myself. I feel like some of the launches could be so much better in certain cars if they let me do it.
Race online. There is no pre-race animation when you race online.

lil smoke

Banned
Hrm the sub FX for the engine was pretty good for the Thunderbird, but now that it's mentioned, I don't remember it anywhere else. I'm gonna turn it up more later tonight.

I believe the revving is disabled only for manual w clutch. Launch in general feels grippier, but slower in the cars I've run so far.

The BMWs are tough lil sun of a bitches to keep straight. But it is fun going into a turn and doing a 360.

sneaky77

eemijun said:
UPS is really taking their time with deliveries, can't wait to start playing

Mine delivered, but I have to go to UPS to pick up my Fanatec wheel since they didn't want to leave it at the house, which is fine with me.
So around 9pm I should be sending a in game please let me join the club msg lol

h3ro

Anyone else wish the car stats were present when you're gifted a car?

Also, some of these choices are getting tough already. BMW 2002T or Datsun Z?!

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
So, I see the AI is still set to "bumper cars". Le sigh.

I guess it's too much to ask to have anything better than "I'm gonna run this line and this line only, dammit!" type AI for any racers this gen, eh?

Echoing the silly install disc 2 from the main menu thing, that the game totally bypasses when you start. Ditto on the stupid "Hey, let me practically run the race for you while you hold the accelerator and watch." settings of the initial race.

Sound and graphics, though, and control, and tire-feel, are all top notch.

Hawk269

bloodforge said:
No, I'm talking about the car you use. In a normal race the interior is all blacked out on the chase cam views. In hot lap you can see the interior very clearly with proper shadowing.

The hot lap visuals is what this game should look like like. Its kinda an ugly jaggy mess while racing.

Agree..just tested this. In Hotlap where it is just your car, it is the full model, with the back window (depending on car) is not all blacked out. Also the jaggies in hot lap are way toned down. Once you get a race with the same exact car but with AI cars it just looks like they turn the AA off to sustain framerate and use less player controlled detailed model for the car. Luckily, the interior view is the same in both hot lap and regular, but to me the game looks so nice without it being a jaggy mess...not that it is horrid, but you can really see the difference between hotlap "AA" and non-hot lap "AA".

Hawk269

btw...in all the hype, I never asked. What are steps taken to join the Gaf Car Club. I am big Forza Enthusiast and never quit a race, even if I am last place. So let me in Gaf!!! and tell me how I do it!

Gamertag: Stateless

Top Bottom