• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Snubbers

Shopto (UK) seemed to have shipped last night/this morning.. should be here tomorrow, shame it's the STD edition for my son.. my LCE won't be available until Friday (in-store)..

Can't wait though, will be working from home on Friday ;)

eek5

brotkasten said:
I'm asking here again:

Can someone post pictures of a Fairlady Z 432 with aftermarket parts? I want to see what's available.

fz.png

fz2.png

fz3.png

fz4.png

Milpool

cjelly said:
Mine didn't arrive...

I'll likely get my shopto order tomorrow, unfortunately UPS have changed the delivery date for my CSR from Thursday to Friday. Am cry

I guess I'll mainly dick about taking photos and messing with the livery editor till I get my wheel, are you planning on importing/re-doing your RS200 rally livery for Forza 4?

confused about upgrade. it lets me upgrade for free a number of parts for my F class that it becomes A class within a few upgrades WTF. and then when I take the car to a race it automatically chooses an A class race, I enter and it says you need to upgrade your car?

Doodis

flyinpiranha said:
Honestly I think this defeats the purpose of the club, I think it should be a mix of "hardcore" and casual to be honest. Hell, I don't think I got in and I'm just waiting it out because I know in time people will leave or not play anymore.
Okay, I was just having a little panic attack because I didn't get into the club. But I guess we should wait until Gowans scrubs it and tries to include those folks who signed up on the spreadsheet.

Must...have...patience.

SarBear

Shortt Sirket said:
Yeah, I traded with someone last night. But I work tonight, so I am going to try to get you an Alfa code.

Many thanks. I was asking because I am supposed to receive another code from Best Buy shortly and I was going to give it to you had you not got hold of one yet. =P I'll save it.

Oh, I uploaded the red Shelby GT500 to the club. You guys can race my fucking dream car.

nagge

Mizzou Gaming said:
I'm having issues with that GOOGLE DOC someone linked above because I'm having to use my Wii browser right now. From what I could access I didn't see my Gamertag or Gaf name listed. My Gamertag is UR BUS IS SHORT. I just wanted to let you know now and I'll go in to the Google doc later today and try to update or change my info when I get my laptop back.

I filled in your name in the document.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
planar1280 said:
confused about upgrade. it lets me upgrade for free a number of parts for my F class that it becomes A class within a few upgrades WTF. and then when I take the car to a race it automatically chooses an A class race, I enter and it says you need to upgrade your car?
You are probably trying to enter a stock race. Forza 3 said the same thing IIRC.

mil6es

has any UK-GAF had their copy's shipped yet?? Mine confirmed shipped yesterday by Shopto at 5:30PM 1st class, better get here today!!!!

nagge

Milpool said:
I'll likely get my shopto order tomorrow, unfortunately UPS have changed the delivery date for my CSR from Thursday to Friday. Am cry

Haha, I have the opposite problem, the wheel is on schedule for tomorrow but the game seems to be arriving on friday.

Shortt Sirket said:
I know it is a bit late, but this man NEEDS to get into the club. He won the Hyundai Photo Contest and takes INCREDIBLE pictures.

And he does too. Dude is one of the only guys on my Friends list that actually talks to people.

I appreciate the love but I'm already in, I just want to make sure my info is correct so I can stay in.

I feel bad saying this now with people not being able to get in at the moment but this Car Club business opens up an entire new career in a way. Not only the online racing bits but the crushing of fellow GAFFER'S times via Rivals will never get old.

saladine1

brotkasten said:
Thank you for disappointing me, eek. Thank you very much. :lol

Man, it's such a shame. The car could look glorious.
There's definitely a need for more customization options especially for the old school cars. I could go for some fender flares, offset options, old school wheels, wide kits, exhaust/muffler options, visible inter/oil coolers, more manufacturer decals, window livery options, tyre wall signage...etc.....lost opportunity.

Xanadu

Banned
saladine1 said:
There's definitely a need for more customization options especially for the old school cars. I could go for some fender flares, offset options, old school wheels, wide kits, exhaust/muffler options, visible inter/oil coolers, more manufacturer decals, window livery options, tyre wall signage...etc.....lost opportunity.
hey shut up you, we have autovista!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arucardo

Getting more and more confused about the whole club thing but I'll worry about it when I actually have my mitts on the game.

First thing I'll do when I fire the game up is a lap or two of the green hell. Not sure what car I'll use yet, maybe an old BMW.

Arucardo said:
Getting more and more confused about the whole club thing but I'll worry about it when I actually have my mitts on the game.

First thing I'll do when I fire the game up is a lap or two of the green hell. Not sure what car I'll use yet, maybe an old BMW.

Pretty much every square inch of the game is explained via pop-up messages wherever you go for the first time. You then have the option to never show that pop-up message again. I'd highly recommend you be careful about disabling some of those messages right away because there is a ton of stuff in the game. I quickly found out I shouldn't have disabled those info pop-ups because while I was reading them my mind was already racing.

ACH1LL3US

I just wanted to give a brief impressions on Forza 4.

Having only played the third one on demo, I was very shocked at how good Forza 4 looks. The lighting is improved ALOT. It almost looks as if the whole world is very vibrant, the sun hitting off the rear view mirrors and paint is fantastic. Its as if the world lighting is really effecting the car's paint, this is somthing I have not seen before in a racer and I am very impressed.

I have to do this, but I played GT5 alot, got up to level 31, beat the X1 challenges. To me, from what I played of Forza 4 I can safely say this:

The sense of speed is the best in a sim racer thus far
The framerate is butter smooth
The lighting is pretty much the best in a racer to date
The color fidelity looks far more realistic and vibrant then other sim racers to date
The sound of the cars, engines, blow off valves, turbos are THE best bar none in a racer

I have to say overall Forza 4 is becoming easily my fav sim racer this gen and that is saying alot.

I can't stress enough how much better the sense of speed is, especially on the hood cam which is my fav view.

Only real negative I have to say right now is that for some reason my disc will spin for 2 mins before it stops even though I have it installed, maybe this is a new thing for 360 games, I dunno...

h3ro

Blackvette94 said:
Only real negative I have to say right now is that for some reason my disc will spin for 2 mins before it stops even though I have it installed, maybe this is a new thing for 360 games, I dunno...

Yeah, all new 360 games will do this. It's from the recent disc update to allow for more space on disc, I'm guessing its some sort of disc verification/anti-piracy measure.

Mizzou Gaming said:
First of all maybe it would be a good idea to create a seperate, community based thread for NeoGAF Car Club to act as an umbrella for all GAF Club Members and then just start a second GAF Car Club in game. The community thread covering both clubs will also lend a hand in condensing when that inevitable day comes.

I thought this guy had a pretty good idea, it probably just got lost in the shuffle of postings. : )

mil6es

Blackvette94 said:
I just wanted to give a brief impressions on Forza 4.

Having only played the third one on demo, I was very shocked at how good Forza 4 looks. The lighting is improved ALOT. It almost looks as if the whole world is very vibrant, the sun hitting off the rear view mirrors and paint is fantastic. Its as if the world lighting is really effecting the car's paint, this is somthing I have not seen before in a racer and I am very impressed.

I have to do this, but I played GT5 alot, got up to level 31, beat the X1 challenges. To me, from what I played of Forza 4 I can safely say this:

The sense of speed is the best in a sim racer thus far
The framerate is butter smooth
The lighting is pretty much the best in a racer to date
The color fidelity looks far more realistic and vibrant then other sim racers to dateThe sound of the cars, engines, blow off valves, turbos are THE best bar none in a racer

I have to say overall Forza 4 is becoming easily my fav sim racer this gen and that is saying alot.

I can't stress enough how much better the sense of speed is, especially on the hood cam which is my fav view.

Hmmmmmmm gonna have to disagree with you on those to points, the game that shall not be named still holds the crown when it comes to that

h3ro

Mizzou Gaming said:
I thought this guy had a pretty good idea, it probably just got lost in the shuffle of postings. : )
The game is new, right now there is a lot of casual/short term interest in the GAF Club. In about two weeks, we'll be down to just regulars and will probably have plenty of spots to consolidate any alternate clubs that are made.

sneaky77

h3ro said:
The game is new, right now there is a lot of casual/short term interest in the GAF Club. In about two weeks, we'll be down to just regulars and will probably have plenty of spots to consolidate any alternate clubs that are made.

That tends to be the case when a new game comes out.

I am interested for some casual racing and mostly rivals stuff. I suck at tuning and liveries

Been working my arse off the last few days at work and missed out on the car club list, i'll just wait it out over the months since I don't post that much in this thread and my moaning probably doesn't help get up the list too.

I have a £6 amazon code coming soon and if you buy the regular game along with the new motion wheel you save £7, so I might combine the deal.

mil6es said:
Hmmmmmmm gonna have to disagree with you on those to points, the game that shall not be named still holds the crown when it comes to that

I agree. The other game still has a much more "realistic" color palette and the lighting is God-like. That being said, I think the colors in Forza fit it now. It has sort of become it's "thing" to have the more colorful look to it and I don't mind.

Shortt Sirket said:
I know it is a bit late, but this man NEEDS to get into the club. He won the Hyundai Photo Contest and takes INCREDIBLE pictures.

Thank you for the kind words!

It will not be the end of the world if I do not get in this time around; Forza 4 will have LONG legs and I'm confident I'd make the cut within a month or two.

Not to mention that my primary love is taking photos and I can always share them here!

The_Monk

Diablohead said:
Been working my arse off the last few days at work and missed out on the car club list, i'll just wait it out over the months since I don't post that much in this thread and my moaning probably doesn't help get up the list too.

I have a £6 amazon code coming soon and if you buy the regular game along with the new motion wheel you save £7, so I might combine the deal.

Same as me, been very busy lately and can't watch the thread all the time, which sucks...

On a side note, I would like to see some gameplay with the motion wheel. I want to see people playing with this and watching the game at the same time. Im curious!

ACH1LL3US

mil6es said:

:/ The other game you speak of, the colors seem more muted then Forza 4, yes at times the other game has some crazy lighting, especially at dusk dawn on the 'Ring but overall it lacks the punch that this game has IMO.

mil6es

Blackvette94 said:
:/ The other game you speak of, the colors seem more muted then Forza 4, yes at times the other game has some crazy lighting, especially at dusk dawn on the 'Ring but overall it lacks the punch that this game has IMO.

I guess it does come down to opinion, but for me the other game has lighting that is unmatched and colours which are muted but for the sake of realism but again thats just my opinion.

counter-point: F4 has come on leaps and bounds from F3 I must say with regards to visuals but its not the best.

Funniest thing about this game - I happen to drive a black 2010 Ford Fusion. So as I started looking through the cars available, I see....2010 Ford Fusion. I bought it instantly.

I couldn't help but giggle as I drove my own car through this game. It's pretty surreal. Watching it in the replay is funny, too. There's my car, and I'm driving it. But it's in a game.

I only wish my car was as shiny as the one in the game. I think that's the one thing I don't care for about the game graphically - how unrealistically shiny every single car is. Paint jobs like that don't come standard, do they?

h3ro

cajunator said:
Wait, this came out yesterday?
I thought I saw it at BEst buy.

You saw right.

I forgot to redeem my STi code. Is it like the other DLCs where I have to buy it or does it get deposited in my garage?

skyfinch

Diablohead said:

They should reserve a spot for you, as you are very active in forza threads.

shinnn as well. He bombarded us with media during E3 and other events.

Also, has anyone tried the Veyron SS down the le mans old mulsanne straight in third person view? Try it. The camera shakes like a son of a mother.

The_Monk said:
Same as me, been very busy lately and can't watch the thread all the time, which sucks...

On a side note, I would like to see some gameplay with the motion wheel. I want to see people playing with this and watching the game at the same time. Im curious!

I am using the Speed Wheel (SW) and thus far it is the real deal. important to think of it as an upgraded controller, not anything to compare with a full racing wheel setup. it is about 180 degrees lock to lock, you have to work a lot more to counter-steer, but after a short time you dial it in.

thus far there is just a lot of brain re-wiring for me after so many years of controller based racing. biggest problem is that every time i start a new race, i kind of forget and go into the first turn looking with my thumb for the analog stick.

then switching back to the controller i looked like my mother-in-law trying to play a videogame, throwing my hands all over the place.

after using the SW, the controller triggers feel absolutely tiny. it is weird.

gotee12 said:
Is it just me or does the AI seem to be stuck in "Saturday Night Demolition" mode? Clean races are just about impossible.

Yeah, I've been seeing the same thing. They just smash into everyone not just me. Really annoying as I'd like to take some pictures from my races, but not with all the cars looking like shit.

h3ro

Diablohead has gotta be in there.

Gowans, any idea when you would like to do the GAF club trimming/locking in of GAF spots?

Fleet_of_Foot said:
I only wish my car was as shiny as the one in the game. I think that's the one thing I don't care for about the game graphically - how unrealistically shiny every single car is. Paint jobs like that don't come standard, do they?

If you wax your car enough it will.

Gowans, if I'm still in the club (GT= Sp4ceman Sp1ff), go ahead and give my spot to someone else. I've got a shitload of labwork at university over the coming weeks and may not be as active as I'd have liked. I'm a continuous presence in the Forza threads, but not super active, so there are surely more deserving players.

I'll look to rejoin later on when things have settled down a bit.

Blackvette94 said:

I have noticed this with various games recently, and I suspect it might have something to do with Microsoft's newer DRM.

skyfinch

For any achievement hunters out there "Post a time in all rivals mode" means you only have to post a time in one event in each mode. I spent a couple hours trying to post a time in every event last night.

I will attempt to get all achievements even if it kills me. Don't ask me why.
Need to calculate how much credits it will be to "Own the 5 most expensive cars" and "own all Ferraris". I know there were some cars in FM3 that were like 20 million cr. :/

One more tweak would be nice. I have no clue why under volume control they gave you 3 options for race music, High, Low, and off....can we get a mid or something lol. Right now low should be middle and they need a lower version than that instead

h3ro

I'm going to echo the calls for over-aggressive AI. I've had multiple drivers go off the track after going into a turn too hot, only to come back on and ram me right off the line after I make the turn clean. Quite annoying since we have no way of Qualifying to improve our grid slot so we're stuck with Turn 1 shunts in every race.

skyfinch said:
For any achievement hunters out there "Post a time in all rivals mode" means you only have to post a time in one event in each mode. I spent a couple hours trying to post a time in every event last night.

I will attempt to get all achievements even if it kills me. Don't ask me why.
Need to calculate how much credits it will be to "Own the 5 most expensive cars" and "own all Ferraris". I know there were some cars in FM3 that were like 20 million cr. :/

I found it really hard to make some serious credits in F3 and was never able to get any of those super expensive old Ferraris. Felt bad man.

I'm mainly into making tunes, and those aren't as sexy as Animu Loli designs and thus don't sell as well. :/

Top Bottom