• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

U2NUMB

edit.. nevermind I be dumb. Forgot you have to still buy any DLC cars with in game credits. Which I think is still lame.

KingDizzi said:
To see how much people have posted in a thread click on the replies number and a list will come up.

Are leaderboards up yet?

Sweet, thanks.

The people I remember conversing with and seeing active and showed the most interest:

(By no means is this list complete, and I don't mean to leave anybody out if I do)

Gowan007
Slayer-33
Shaneus
op_ivy
SarBear
Mascot (if he ever gets the game, we might be onto Forza 5 by then)
skyfinch
soundscream
Big Takeover (I couldn't beat his times in the demo but that will change!)
saladine1
G Rom
Jube3
-mikepriestjr-
nagge (was at the top of the demo leaderboard amongst GAFfers so he will also go down)
eek5
eso76
antiquegamer
Yoritomo (dude knows more about Fanatec wheels than Thomas)
shinnn
amar212 (if he can be pulled away from Spec II)
m0dus (so I can leach designs haha)
cjelly
Shortt Sirket
AMUSIX
Hawk269

Seems to be the people I remember having decent conversations with or at least contributing to the thread in a productive manner which in turn hopefully means the same in the car club.

Cimarron said:
If the original GAF club is full what's stopping us from having other squads? If the demand is high enough we can have intra-forum competition! GAF vs Neo-GAF vs GAF Vermillion etc.... Any takers?

I think the biggest issue is lasting. Of course at launch you'll have a bunch of people wanting to play and get in the club but after a month they'll move onto other games and rarely come back to Forza. I think having multiple clubs at the start would be good but sooner rather than later those would dwindle.

Even if I and others don't get in the first round I'm sure if you really have interest in the longevity of the game you will get in within the first couple months or so because people will move onto other games.

Bump for new page

Question:
Do I need to save my 'Designs' in fm3 as individual groups, eg left/right/hood etc or do full designs carry over?

It's going to be a pain in the butt to save each vehicle design like that if that's the case...

saladine1

I know a lot of people hate it but I rather like to Top Gear track. Plenty of room for big moves. Lighting is great. Heaps of objects around for some good fore/background shots.

kazinova said:
Regarding the speed wheel: it works, it's not perfect, but it works. I'm really happy with my purchase. Anyone on the fence should snag it at Best Buy with their copy of the game for $25 gift card.

How's the sensitivity on the steering?

Just an FYI, I was accepted to the Forza 4 Car Club but I don't think I mentioned it in here.

DoctorWho = PROTEUS in the Club.

The_Monk

flyinpiranha haven't you got your game yet? Do you plan on getting some videos of gameplay with your wheel? Cause I reall liked your setup (you posted some photos of it in the past)

The_Monk said:
flyinpiranha haven't you got your game yet? Do you plan on getting some videos of gameplay with your wheel? Cause I reall liked your setup (you posted some photos of it in the past)

Yeah, was playing last night (came at around 6PM). I can definitely see about getting some videos, unfortunately my camera I use to take videos died on me and my dSLR doesn't have video. I'll try and see if I can get my phone stable enough to give it a shot. Otherwise you might be waiting for a month or two while I look for a Canon SD1100 on Craigslist.

Cimarron said:
If the original GAF club is full what's stopping us from having other squads? If the demand is high enough we can have intra-forum competition! GAF vs Neo-GAF vs GAF Vermillion etc.... Any takers?

Im definitely for something like this, maybe at least initially until people go inactive and we can narrow it down to one. There appears to be enough interest in something like this though. Im in the GAF Car Club now, but wasn't here for the early Forza days, so I understand if my time is numbered. That said, Id like to be in some sort of GAF club. The usual way of connecting with GAF - GAF*insert game* gamertags then looking at friend's list - is so cumbersome and usually never really amounts to much. Forza 4 really handles the clubs well IMO and makes it much easier to participate and connect with everyone.

Either way, Im a sim racing noob (well, compared to most here) and look forward to getting some races in and learning how to race like a gentleman.

The_Monk

flyinpiranha said:
Yeah, was playing last night (came at around 6PM). I can definitely see about getting some videos, unfortunately my camera I use to take videos died on me and my dSLR doesn't have video. I'll try and see if I can get my phone stable enough to give it a shot. Otherwise you might be waiting for a month or two while I look for a Canon SD1100 on Craigslist.

Ah, nice, that's ok. I was just curious. I might have this game very very soon. (LIES friday is no soon enough!)

And you guys all playing right now...pfft... ;_;

gotee12

Where do you see the completion percentage of career mode?

P.S. - Getting the 1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe gave me a boner.

P.P.S. - It still hasn't gone down yet.

evil_as_skeletor said:
Question:
Do I need to save my 'Designs' in fm3 as individual groups, eg left/right/hood etc or do full designs carry over?

Full designs don't come over, as (at a guess) they redid the UV maps for a bunch of cars.

kazinova

TheApatheticOne said:
How's the sensitivity on the steering?
I've found it to be pretty sensitive until about 90 degrees, the only propblem is correcting oversteer is a little tricky without feedback. I'll try it with simulation steering on to see how it reacts.

The deadzone is perfect though and the tracking on the precise rotation of your hands is impressive. The onscreen hands and wheel are lockstep with mine when I use it.

First of all maybe it would be a good idea to create a seperate, community based thread for NeoGAF Car Club to act as an umbrella for all GAF Club Members and then just start a second GAF Car Club in game. The community thread covering both clubs will also lend a hand in condensing when that inevitable day comes.

The_Monk

Quick question regarding Season Pass and DLC.

When I buy the DLC or Season Pass for the cars, I'm not really getting the cars, right?

I am getting the possibility to buy those cars with in-game credit?

Then it means that I buy DLC's with my money or MSP and then I buy them with in-game Credits.

Is this right?

U2NUMB

The_Monk said:
Quick question regarding Season Pass and DLC.

When I buy the DLC or Season Pass for the cars, I'm not really getting the cars, right?

I am getting the possibility to buy those cars with in-game credit?

Then it means that I buy DLC's with my money or MSP and then I buy them with in-game Credits.

Is this right?

Yep you are right. I just had the same thing finally flip a switch in my head. You have still buy in game with credits.

The_Monk said:
[...]it means that I buy DLC's with my money or MSP and then I buy them with in-game Credits.

Is this right?

That's correct. You can always use them in multiplayer and quick-race modes, though, and if a Club member has put a tuned version up you can drive that.

G Rom

gotee12 said:
Where do you see the completion percentage of career mode?

P.S. - Getting the 1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe gave me a boner.

P.P.S. - It still hasn't gone down yet.
My profile->Stats

I really can't wait to get online. I want to race with gaffers, beat some times in rivals mode, upload my nearly 100 photos I took while offline, try Big Shots, hopefully bid on some
Unicorns, etc...
Having no home connection with this game is a fucking nightmare, I'm missing so much stuff ! :(

Absoludacrous said:
Alright, finished adding everyone currently in the club to the spreadsheet. Matched as many Gaf names to gamertags as I could. If you're in the club and your GT is different from your GAF name, and you didn't previous sign up on the spreadsheet, you should go in and update it to include your gaf name.

Edit: Spreadsheet Link

It's under the priority tab.
I updated my GT to include my NeoGAF name...

FunnyBunny = brendanrfoley22

Hoping I'll get a spot!

The_Monk

Thanks U2NUMB and CrudeDiatribe.

I am now hoping that is not too hard to get Credits in the game. I'll have some options OFF, maybe 3 of them will be on, the rest I'll disable it.

For those who are playing, getting some nice credits even if a couple of assists ON?

It sucks a bit to buy DLC and then have to buy it "again" but with in-game Credits...

h3ro

Any chance I get a spot recommendation from GAF? I put some good time into the F3 thread as well as being a member of the GT5 Racing league.

What do you guys say?

The_Monk

flyinpiranha said:
I think the biggest issue is lasting. Of course at launch you'll have a bunch of people wanting to play and get in the club but after a month they'll move onto other games and rarely come back to Forza. I think having multiple clubs at the start would be good but sooner rather than later those would dwindle.

Even if I and others don't get in the first round I'm sure if you really have interest in the longevity of the game you will get in within the first couple months or so because people will move onto other games.

I agree with this. In my case, FORZA 4 will be probably the only game my 360 will be playing in the future.

I'll have another games on my main console, but my 360 will be all over Forza 4.

That being said, I'm a guy with a low GS that love to play games and hope to have some (more) GAFfers added to my FL.

:)

h3ro said:
Any chance I get a spot recommendation from GAF? I put some good time into the F3 thread as well as being a member of the GT5 Racing league.

What do you guys say?
You'd get my vote.

I'm hoping people remember how active I was in the photo threads and give me a nod as well.

The_Monk said:
I am now hoping that is not too hard to get Credits in the game.

It's not; also, the DLC cars slot into the level rewards as appropriate, 1-50. Will probably not help aside from the muscle cars and launch DLC since you'll probably be way up in levels by the next DLC.

There's a lot of credits to be had by racing the same cars over and over again due to affinity rewards after level 4.

The Stig

flyinpiranha said:
Sweet, thanks.

The people I remember conversing with and seeing active and showed the most interest:

(By no means is this list complete, and I don't mean to leave anybody out if I do)

Gowan007
Slayer-33
Shaneus
op_ivy
SarBear
Mascot (if he ever gets the game, we might be onto Forza 5 by then)
skyfinch
soundscream
Big Takeover (I couldn't beat his times in the demo but that will change!)
saladine1
G Rom
Jube3
-mikepriestjr-
nagge (was at the top of the demo leaderboard amongst GAFfers so he will also go down)
eek5
eso76
antiquegamer
Yoritomo (dude knows more about Fanatec wheels than Thomas)
shinnn
amar212 (if he can be pulled away from Spec II)
m0dus (so I can leach designs haha)
cjelly
Shortt Sirket
AMUSIX
Hawk269

Seems to be the people I remember having decent conversations with or at least contributing to the thread in a productive manner which in turn hopefully means the same in the car club.

:(

U2NUMB said:
I agree it is really annoying.

Yeah, I think the clincher for me is the tokens. While it is just an "option" it's not one I completely agree with.

Although I'm sure if I'm hurting for time and there is a car I really, really want I'll slap down $3 for a car lol. Sad, but true ...

I just REALLY wish that the Season Pass netted you Tracks as well, or possibly let you choose the 6 packs you wanted in the first year.

Gowans

burgerdog said:
Is the club full, then? I sent a request yesterday.
Its full and I have a load of pending request.

In 8 hours I'm hoping to have clear rules and a clear out of the guys in the club who we can't place or don't make the cut.

Popping in and out of the thread for the next few few hours till we get the ball rolling.

gotee12

I'm all for multi GAF clubs. I made it into the current one but definitely see myself as a novice racer. I know there's a lot of pro drivers wanting in to the current club. Maybe we need a casual club for those of us that are a little less hardcore yet still want to be in a club with fellow GAFfers?

"CGAF", anyone?

GAF, I'm super sad / upset :(

My shipment was supposed to be here yesterday but it never came, and on Amazon's site I see this:

DyTdq.jpg

I tried tracking through UPS and nothing shows up except for it saying the shipping label was made, WTF? This ever happen to anybody else? I spoke to Amazon and they said it shipped out in time so it looks like it's on UPS :/

Order has been shipped...

Please postie I hope you arrive tomorrow. Can't wait to take some pics.

Mascot, I aint seen any word from anyone with the game arrival from GAME yet. Probably tomorrow at the earliest.

The_Monk

flyinpiranha said:
Yeah, I think the clincher for me is the tokens. While it is just an "option" it's not one I completely agree with.

Although I'm sure if I'm hurting for time and there is a car I really, really want I'll slap down $3 for a car lol. Sad, but true ...

I just REALLY wish that the Season Pass netted you Tracks as well, or possibly let you choose the 6 packs you wanted in the first year.

Did you end up getting the LE and the Season Pass?

Shame on no more tracks so far. And the 2x Muscle car packs also could be changed. Didn't Badned told something about rewarding those who would get the LE and the Season Pass because the 2x Muscle Cars?

Guess there's no bonus after all? =/

I ordered my LE because the difference in Price was the same considering some credit I had in store, but aside from someone really wanting a steelcase or an Artbook, LE seems pretty...empty.

h3ro

FunnyBunny said:
You'd get my vote.

I'm hoping people remember how active I was in the photo threads and give me a nod as well.

:) thanks bud. If I can, I'd put my vote in for you as well.

FuttBuck said:
GAF, I'm super sad / upset :(

My shipment was supposed to be here yesterday but it never came, and on Amazon's site I see this:

http://i.imgur.com/DyTdq.jpg[IMG]

I tried tracking through UPS and nothing shows up except for it saying the shipping label was made, WTF? This ever happen to anybody else? I spoke to Amazon and they said it shipped out in time so it looks like it's on UPS :/[/QUOTE]
I've had some weird stuff happen with UPS, but never that. Of course that's better than seeing your UPS package tracking start going backwards to where it originated and panicking only to find out it was a tracking issue.

I got the LE and while the steelcase is nice, Im not a fan of the prongs (I guess thats what you'd call them) that holds the disc. My disc is pretty hard to get out of the case. This worries me as XBox disc can often crack/chip off around the middle ring if you aren't careful with them.

Doodis

gotee12 said:
I'm all for multi GAF clubs. I made it into the current one but definitely see myself as a novice racer. I know there's a lot of pro drivers wanting in to the current club. Maybe we need a casual club for those of us that are a little less hardcore yet still want to be in a club with fellow GAFfers?

"CGAF", anyone?
I'm down for this. I sent in my request last night and the club was at 76. Woke up this morning hoping I'd be accepted and it's full. :(

I know I'm nowhere near the level of some of the hardcore gaffers, so I'm happy to join a Casual GAF club.

SarBear

Just thought I would share this because it's worked out for me:

If you pre-ordered from Best Buy online, and chose in-store pickup, you more than likely received your code for the BMW 1M through an email. HOWEVER, I had an idea that was fueled by greed: try to get another code when i picked the game up.

When I went to the store, I went in and picked up the game as normal, but i asked the cashier why my code wasn't printed on the receipt for the bonus car. Confused as hell, she told me to call customer service (wait, I'm already AT customer service amirite?!) at 1-888-best-buy. After about 20 minutes of redirecting my call and explaining that I didn't get my code for the car, they noted that Best Buy has been having internal issues delivering the code to customers who purchased the game. Long story short, a claim was made into the Promotions department and I should be emailed, or given a call with another code within the next day or so.

Just sayin'. Anyone who purchased this way should definitely try it out. Because everyone knows human error plays a part in remembering to scan the code to the receipt, and they self admitted they're having internal issues, there's really no way they can dispute it.

Oh, and sorry, but I'm just so fucking PROUD of Turn10's achievement with this game....had to post this again for righteousness.

IMG_20111012_000637.jpg

The_Monk said:
Did you end up getting the LE and the Season Pass?

Shame on no more tracks so far. And the 2x Muscle car packs also could be changed. Didn't Badned told something about rewarding those who would get the LE and the Season Pass because the 2x Muscle Cars?

Guess there's no bonus after all? =/

I ordered my LE because the difference in Price was the same considering some credit I had in store, but aside from someone really wanting a steelcase or an Artbook, LE seems pretty...empty.

Yep, have the LE and am trying to get the Season Pass right now but my CC with Amazon isn't going through for some reason. I just ordered a 4000 point digital card so I could get it all taken care of on XBoxlive during work but the card is having issues and have no idea why ... tons of Forza Spending Money© left on it!

EDIT: K, got the Season Pass ... weird, I had to use a different card.

Doodis said:
I'm down for this. I sent in my request last night and the club was at 76. Woke up this morning hoping I'd be accepted and it's full. :(

I know I'm nowhere near the level of some of the hardcore gaffers, so I'm happy to join a Casual GAF club.

Honestly I think this defeats the purpose of the club, I think it should be a mix of "hardcore" and casual to be honest. Hell, I don't think I got in and I'm just waiting it out because I know in time people will leave or not play anymore.

Hehe no offense, but in the release of new games I just wait for the day that the folk who order online get their games so we can really talk about how good the game is.

In every thread you have to get over the "product was finally delivered to me!" hump, lol. Again I mean no offense and don't mind people ordering online/etc.

Gowans007 said:
Its full and I have a load of pending request.

In 8 hours I'm hoping to have clear rules and a clear out of the guys in the club who we can't place or don't make the cut.

Popping in and out of the thread for the next few few hours till we get the ball rolling.

I'm having issues with that GOOGLE DOC someone linked above because I'm having to use my Wii browser right now. From what I could access I didn't see my Gamertag or Gaf name listed. My Gamertag is UR BUS IS SHORT. I just wanted to let you know now and I'll go in to the Google doc later today and try to update or change my info when I get my laptop back.

FunnyBunny said:
I updated my GT to include my NeoGAF name...

FunnyBunny = brendanrfoley22

Hoping I'll get a spot!

I know it is a bit late, but this man NEEDS to get into the club. He won the Hyundai Photo Contest and takes INCREDIBLE pictures.

Mizzou Gaming said:
I'm having issues with that GOOGLE DOC someone linked above because I'm having to use my Wii browser right now. From what I could access I didn't see my Gamertag or Gaf name listed. My Gamertag is UR BUS IS SHORT. I just wanted to let you know now and I'll go in to the Google doc later today and try to update or change my info when I get my laptop back.

And he does too. Dude is one of the only guys on my Friends list that actually talks to people.

Top Bottom