• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

skyfinch said:
For any achievement hunters out there "Post a time in all rivals mode" means you only have to post a time in one event in each mode. I spent a couple hours trying to post a time in every event last night.

I will attempt to get all achievements even if it kills me. Don't ask me why.
Need to calculate how much credits it will be to "Own the 5 most expensive cars" and "own all Ferraris". I know there were some cars in FM3 that were like 20 million cr. :/

I have 1000/1000 in Forza 3 but only 930/1000 in Forza 2. :(

Snkfanatic said:
One more tweak would be nice. I have no clue why under volume control they gave you 3 options for race music, High, Low, and off....can we get a mid or something lol. Right now low should be middle and they need a lower version than that instead

you are crazy. turn the music off and hear the engine's song.

saladine1 said:
There's definitely a need for more customization options especially for the old school cars. I could go for some fender flares, offset options, old school wheels, wide kits, exhaust/muffler options, visible inter/oil coolers, more manufacturer decals, window livery options, tyre wall signage...etc.....lost opportunity.
Man, the possibilities. When I read that T10 wanted to do more with old cars, I hoped tuning would be part of it.

Spasm

flashburn2012 said:
Yeah, I've been seeing the same thing. They just smash into everyone not just me. Really annoying as I'd like to take some pictures from my races, but not with all the cars looking like shit.
Seems to me they'll go side by side through a turn with other a.i. cars ok, but if you've got the inside track, they'll muscle you into the grass.

h3ro

AlanzTalon said:
you are crazy. turn the music off and hear the engine's song.
Yeah, the "Low" setting is still too high. It's nice to have some ambient stuff, but I turned the music off, it's too high and takes away from those lovely Engine sounds.

Also, I've switched over to having the sound emphasis on Tires. Strange, but hearing the squeal really helps me get a grip (lol get it?) on how much under/over-steer I'm having.

oh, hey thanks Amazon..

Greetings from Amazon.com.

You saved $20.00 with Amazon.com's Pre-order Price Guarantee!

The price of the item(s) decreased after you ordered them, and we gave you the lowest price.

The following title(s) decreased in price:

Forza Motorsport 4 Limited Edition
Price on order date: $79.99
Price charged at shipping: $59.99 Lowest price before release date: $59.99
Quantity: 1
Total Savings: $20.00

$20.00 is your total savings under our Pre-order Price Guarantee.

Izayoi

Banned
Snkfanatic said:
One more tweak would be nice. I have no clue why under volume control they gave you 3 options for race music, High, Low, and off....can we get a mid or something lol. Right now low should be middle and they need a lower version than that instead
Yeah, the audio mixing options leave something to be desired.

Better than no options, I suppose...

What's the difference between TV and Home Theater? I toggle between them and notice no change.

Mascot

cjelly said:
Mine didn't arrive, Mascot.

Can I get a bro-hug?

OK, no tongues though. Touching through clothing is OK.

Dammit, GAME. Why say my FM4 is shipped on the weekend if you don't really mean it?
Because you HATE me, that's why.

I've know I've only been picked for the Car club (not in it yet, don't have the game). But i'd happily give my space to Shinnn or Diablohead if they can't get in (even if you didn't accept my FR Diablo. ha) as they would probably get more out of it than me and deserve it a little more being longer term Gaf members. Not saying I don't want a place though ;)

h3ro said:
I'm going to echo the calls for over-aggressive AI. I've had multiple drivers go off the track after going into a turn too hot, only to come back on and ram me right off the line after I make the turn clean. Quite annoying since we have no way of Qualifying to improve our grid slot so we're stuck with Turn 1 shunts in every race.

That very first "intro" race, the Ferrari was in the lead by like 3 seconds, and all of a sudden he took a turn too hot, and went flying through the run off area, smashed into the wall and was on its side flying against the wall. It was humorous, but still a WTF moment. That same sort of stuff seems to happen a bit too often in traffic, which then causes like 3-4 cars (usually including me) to smash into each other and go off track.

Bazhard

Banned
How is Forza 4? I have been debating for months if i should just pick up GT5 or wait for Forza, i prefer more of a arcade/sim to a straight up sim.

Izayoi

Banned
Bazhard said:
How is Forza 4? I have been debating for months if i should just pick up GT5 or wait for Forza, i prefer more of a arcade/sim to a straight up sim.
Haha, the way your question is worded is bound to to rile somebody up, just letting you know.

skyfinch

Infamous Chris said:

1000 with FM3 as well, but didn't even get a 1/4 of the way through FM2. Couldn't get past the sounds in the game. They were so low and it was difficult to know when to shift.

h3ro said:
I found it really hard to make some serious credits in F3 and was never able to get any of those super expensive old Ferraris. Felt bad man.

I'm mainly into making tunes, and those aren't as sexy as Animu Loli designs and thus don't sell as well. :/

I might try some liveries this time. I hear people get a lot of credits this way. Just have a hard time working with a controller when I'm so used to a tablet and photoshop.

Peterthumpa

Bazhard said:
If you have a 360 and a PS3, get both. If you have only one of them, buy the other and get both. Simple as that.

Bazhard said:

Well, asking in this thread you will probably get Forza as your answer. I love both but still come back to Forza and will most likely not play GT5 anymore.

I believe the assists you can turn on/off in both games can make either one an "arcade racer" so to speak but I never really played with assists in either game so couldn't compare them.

EDIT: Scratch that ... get PGR4!

Bazhard

Banned
Izayoi said:
Haha, the way your question is worded is bound to to rile somebody up, just letting you know.
dont mean to offend, english is my 2nd language i was just wondering what game would fit me more

Mascot

Blackvette94 said:
Only real negative I have to say right now is that for some reason my disc will spin for 2 mins before it stops even though I have it installed, maybe this is a new thing for 360 games, I dunno...

That's not the disc spinning. FM4 comes with its own centrifuge for separating freeloaders from the car clubs.

Or it could be your car auto-revving... ;)

h3ro

Bazhard said:

Forza has lots of options to create a real arcade/soft-sim experience. Give the demo a shot, I believe it had the options for lots of assists where you can just relax and enjoy the graphics and engines.

If you want a pure out arcade experience... PGR4. <3 <3

skyfinch

What happened to "take any car through career"? I'm in the 4th season and most of the cars I like are not eligible for races. Even in the event listing.

I'm going to go ahead and pop out of the GAF club when I get home tonight. It's going to be a while since I can contribute some cool cars. The unicorns I have are already up there.

I can create a GAF-B club if there is any interest in the more casual players joining.

I'll be in this for a while...should take me around two years to 100% this game.

I'm just getting to look at the Club happenings from last night. I'm glad there's a plan in place at least. Kind of? I hate to see it have to go down like this though. Forza-GAF is the best Forza community out there. There are so many great contributors. Old school, juniors, and in between.

Spaceman Spiff said:
Gowans, if I'm still in the club (GT= Sp4ceman Sp1ff), go ahead and give my spot to someone else. I've got a shitload of labwork at university over the coming weeks and may not be as active as I'd have liked. I'm a continuous presence in the Forza threads, but not super active, so there are surely more deserving players.

I'll look to rejoin later on when things have settled down a bit.
Fuck that. You're staying.

Club thoughts:
I know quite a few regulars are wanting a spot in the club, I think I will drop out and make room at least until the dust settles.

I tend to play solo during the day (need to pause for work) and have the artistic and tuning ability of a turtle, meaning I'd be on the leech-y side of things, and that's not cool. Based on FM2 and FM3 I'll be playing this through the holiday's and into next spring, I'll rejoin when the newness settles down a bit.

It is very nice having rivals from the club though, not a single person on my friends list is playing the game. :-/ (update after dropping out: seems I have 2 friends out of 90 with the game, yay!)

Izayoi

Banned
Why not go down the list in order of post count or something? Not the best method, but then nothing really is.

Or for the TBA category take the top ten post counts that didn't already get in or something.

Or how about we just all march angrily down to T10 and force them to raise the member limit higher than a paltry 100.

zorbsie

Nice to see you can gain affinity points in online races with cars you don't own. I found I would only race cars in my garage in FM3, because you could only level up cars you own.

For those who have been playing for a little longer, are credits easy to come by? Noticed there are still some super expensive cars. Will it be impossible to own them again?

h3ro

skyfinch said:
What happened to "take any car through career"? I'm in the 4th season and most of the cars I like are not eligible for races. Even in the event listing.
I've had to job the system into giving me the races I want a few times.

I've noticed that if I pick a certain car, let's say the Renault Twingo D350, I'll automatically get the Twingo spec race followed by a mix of F/C class races but if I change my car to the Fairlady Z, I get completely different races that don't fit my Z's spec. You can get the race you want by selecting the event you want to run, then hitting change car in the secondary menu.

skyfinch

h3ro said:
I've had to job the system into giving me the races I want a few times.

I've noticed that if I pick a certain car, let's say the Renault Twingo D350, I'll automatically get the Twingo spec race followed by a mix of F/C class races but if I change my car to the Fairlady Z, I get completely different races that don't fit my Z's spec. You can get the race you want by selecting the event you want to run, then hitting change car in the secondary menu.

Thanks. I'll try it.

Oh, and unless my math is incorrect, you will need around 48 million credits to buy all the Ferraris......yeah. Some of them are gifted to you so that's a bit of a relief.

h3ro

Guys, if I can make one more recommendation for the GAF club, please consider mblitek. He's a Junior member, new to the forum. He races using a special controller he made himself that he controls using his mouth with puffing motions because of an injury he suffered when he was younger.

If this club is really about getting all walks of car and racing enthusiasts, then I think he should be a part of it. It's a real testament to his dedication not only to racing games, but gaming in general. I really admire those who don't let go of their passions after such an injury.

skyfinch

skyfinch said:

I'm such a dumbass. All you have to do is pick your car in advance. The events change depending on the car you have already selected. D-uh!!!!

Big Takeover said:
Fuck that. You're staying.

Aw shucks, BT.

Gowans' plan seems fair; best to give as many people a chance to get in early on and then whittle it down as interest wanes. We'll see how it all works out.

I'm not going anywhere, though. Like Forza 1, 2, and 3, this one will be in my drive until the next one hits.

skyfinch said:
Thanks. I'll try it.

Oh, and unless my math is incorrect, you will need around 48 million credits to buy all the Ferraris......yeah. Some of them are gifted to you so that's a bit of a relief.

I know people don't like it, but the Car Tokens are always an option. You can own any car in the game for about $2.50. I know people will hate it, but I love it. I have more money than time these days and I want to able to own some of these amazing rides that I have never been able to use in the previous Forzas. You can't sell them, auction them, or gift them so it won't affect the actual game economy at all and I actually am glad they added it.

watership

Just looked at the google doc. Something happened when I was sleeping :). Was the club purged of everyone but the accepted member list?

Infamous Chris said:
1mil cr online win left, right?

I had that on my old profile but when I had that credit card shit happen to me and remade my gamertag I started again and still need that one.

We should setup a forza 2 gaf race some time to earn some cr

cajunator

Banned
Fleet_of_Foot said:
Funniest thing about this game - I happen to drive a black 2010 Ford Fusion. So as I started looking through the cars available, I see....2010 Ford Fusion. I bought it instantly.

I couldn't help but giggle as I drove my own car through this game. It's pretty surreal. Watching it in the replay is funny, too. There's my car, and I'm driving it. But it's in a game.

I only wish my car was as shiny as the one in the game. I think that's the one thing I don't care for about the game graphically - how unrealistically shiny every single car is. Paint jobs like that don't come standard, do they?
brofist.jpg

I've got a atlantis green 2010 fusion too.
Such a great car. It's a kick to drive it in forza 3. I'm glad they left it in 4.

gotee12

h3ro said:
Guys, if I can make one more recommendation for the GAF club, please consider mblitek. He's a Junior member, new to the forum. He races using a special controller he made himself that he controls using his mouth with puffing motions because of an injury he suffered when he was younger.

If this club is really about getting all walks of car and racing enthusiasts, then I think he should be a part of it. It's a real testament to his dedication not only to racing games, but gaming in general. I really admire those who don't let go of their passions after such an injury.
Is there someway to guarantee that if I drop, my spot is reserved for him? I'd drop in an instant if so...

(I've already decided to drop regardless, I'd just like to know that this guy would get my spot...)

nagge

h3ro said:

I'd give away my spot to him any day, that controller looks bad ass btw.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
h3ro said:

Shit I was humbled to be even considered for a short list but I think this man deserves a spot without saying. Take mine, I don't want to be in the group anyways because im flaky with online meet up.

Much respects to you my friend, hearing stuff like this is truly inspiring.

I would be more than happy to create a NeoGAF Racing Club Waiting Gamertag/XBOX LIVE Account if you guys think its needed. I'm already in the GAF Club so its not something I need personally but I'd be more than happy to create an account if those of you waiting would like one.

mblitek

h3ro said:

Listen to this man! m0dus even did the spinal livery on the TVR especially for me!

For those that didn't see it:

controller1.jpg

It is a slightly older version though. But pretty much the same.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
mblitek said:
Listen to this man! m0dus even did the spinal livery on the TVR especially for me!

For those that didn't see it:

controller1.jpg

It is a slightly older version though. But pretty much the same.
You are awesome my friend, I hope you know that.

Props to m0dus too for being a swell guy.

Top Bottom