• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Milpool

nagge said:
Haha, I have the opposite problem, the wheel is on schedule for tomorrow but the game seems to be arriving on friday.

I'm not sure why it's been bumped to the 14th since it just arrived in London, Manchester isn't that far away...

alphaNoid

Banned
evanylee said:
So far, Forza's AI seems just like Gran Turismo. The first Gran Turismo.
RonaldSlap.gif

mblitek said:
Listen to this man! m0dus even did the spinal livery on the TVR especially for me!

For those that didn't see it:

[IG]http://www.bcopping.com/Site/controller1.jpg[/IMG]

It is a slightly older version though. But pretty much the same.

Awesome work man! :) Someone get this guy into the club asap

Lucius86

Banned
What forza 4 event is going on in London? I just saw like a dozen supercars drive past with the forza 4 logo on them. Was a sight!!

Aptos

I was looking at the spreadsheet, and I think the post count only includes this thread. I posted quite a bit in the previous two forza threads, but was out of town for job interviews until yesterday, so my post count in this thread is relatively low.

Also, how do you lock tuning setups when selling them? Or are they automatically locked for anyone who buys them off the storefront?

SarBear

Shortt Sirket said:
Holy shit I am a full fledged Member now! And I owe it all to this thread. *tear* Thank you all. You really love me...you really do...

*BRO FIST*

Have you checked out the Shelby yet? I swear, Turn10 has the handling of this beast down pretty well. I've driven a few of them, and among all the games it's been featured in, this has to be the most accurate. Heavy as SHIT, touchy as all hell going through corners, but a blast once you get it right.

Aptos

Mizzou Gaming said:
I would be more than happy to create a NeoGAF Racing Club Waiting Gamertag/XBOX LIVE Account if you guys think its needed. I'm already in the GAF Club so its not something I need personally but I'd be more than happy to create an account if those of you waiting would like one.

Isn't the cap on friends about 100 as well? lol

Mascot

I've done it. Cancelled my Forzaholiday tomorrow due to work pressure. Friday is looking highly unlikely too.

ClayDavisSheeeeeeit.gif

Hope my boss appreciates this dedication.

Mascot said:
I've done it. Cancelled my Forzaholiday tomorrow due to work pressure. Friday is looking highly unlikely too.

ClayDavisSheeeeeeit.gif

Damn that is a shame...

SarBear said:
*BRO FIST*

Have you checked out the Shelby yet? I swear, Turn10 has the handling of this beast down pretty well. I've driven a few of them, and among all the games it's been featured in, this has to be the most accurate. Heavy as SHIT, touchy as all hell going through corners, but a blast once you get it right.

I haven't had a chance to try it out in F4 yet. My favorite bit of blasphemy in Forza 3 was to take the new GT500 and drop the RS200 motor and drivetrain in it. There is something so weird about driving a GT500 with AWD and a screaming turbo 4 banger. Got some awesome responses when I took it online.

HokieJoe

Just played the demo yesterday. I'm in love with Bernese Alps- great track! The steering input/handling of the cars feels great to me. The visuals aren't bad either. :)

Can't wait to get this game.

Megasoum

Banned
Got my LCE from Amazon.ca!! Woot. No sign of the Subaru WRX STI though... Anybody got the pre-order bonus by buying the game on amazon.ca?

evanylee said:
So far, Forza's AI seems just like Gran Turismo. The first Gran Turismo.

In Career mode, they have "dynamic a.i." and first year race, all the a.i. drive worst than me which is saying a lot. If you switch to the grid career path (ie pick and choose your race instead of game recommended) you can choose the a.i. and at highest setting they are pretty good.

I think they want to have the game feeling of progression where race get harder as you goes but for some of us who is already expert driving it can be off putting. They should let you select career difficulty level and if you select hardest mode, ai should drive at expert level and top car should be tune to be slightly better than yours or similar.

Anyway, still enjoy the game a log and rival mode is really awesome.

antiquegamer said:
In Career mode, they have "dynamic a.i." and first year race, all the a.i. drive worst than me which is saying a lot. If you switch to the grid career path (ie pick and choose your race instead of game recommended) you can choose the a.i. and at highest setting they are pretty good.

I think they want to have the game feeling of progression where race get harder as you goes but for some of us who is already expert driving it can be off putting. They should let you select career difficulty level and if you select hardest mode, ai should drive at expert level and top car should be tune to be slightly better than yours or similar.

Anyway, still enjoy the game a log and rival mode is really awesome.
Nice find, thank you. They should have just asked the player if they'd like a greater AI challenge (with bonuses) after each season, rather than gimp the whole damn thing.

alphaNoid

Banned
Who is running the car club? I submitted a membership request weeks ago but I dont own the game yet so I"m not sure if a spot is held for me :( FML. Who do I reach out to?

watership

Mascot said:

ClayDavisSheeeeeeit.gif

I feel your pain. I went on call Tuesday. Ugh.

Had some awesome games last night (circuit races and cat & mouse) with Tokubetsu, Jube and 3 other guys from Turn 10, felt like I was playing with celebrities. Toku, you are officially my rival, it seems you and I are always closest to each other on the track. And good luck to any team who tries to take out a Hummer in cat & mouse lol. Good times.

mblitek said:
Listen to this man! m0dus even did the spinal livery on the TVR especially for me!

For those that didn't see it:

controller1.jpg

It is a slightly older version though. But pretty much the same.
I'd be willing to give up my spot for mblitek. He contributes to the community way more than I do, especially in the F1 thread.

Who ever is in charge, if you can make it happen for sure, PM me and i'll step out.

Gowans

h3ro said:
Diablohead has gotta be in there.

Gowans, any idea when you would like to do the GAF club trimming/locking in of GAF spots?
Probably in three hours. Dinner, Dog walk, son to bed, kiss n cuddle the mrs then Forza all night long.

Shortt Sirket said:
Holy shit I am a full fledged Member now! And I owe it all to this thread. *tear* Thank you all. You really love me...you really do...

I'm on the member list too... thanks!

Now I just need the USPS to get off its arse and deliver my LCE already.

EteRnal_PAL said:
Had some awesome games last night (circuit races and cat & mouse) with Tokubetsu, Jube and 3 other guys from Turn 10, felt like I was playing with celebrities. Toku, you are officially my rival, it seems you and I are always closest to each other on the track. And good luck to any team who tries to take out a Hummer in cat & mouse lol. Good times.

I was so stoked when Jube popped up in my Rivals on the Audi Hockenheim challenge. Lucky for me, his time was basically a walk, he spun in the first corner and i won without a challenge. So it was a hollow victory, but got a big smile anyway.

Cimarron

Less talk! Let's do it!!! I am at work so if someome could make a 'CGAF' club that wpuld be great. I am at work and can't do it now. If someone does please add my GT its Magus Cimarron. Let's do this! =)

AlanzTalon said:
I was so stoked when Jube popped up in my Rivals on the Audi Hockenheim challenge. Lucky for me, his time was basically a walk, he spun in the first corner and i won without a challenge. So it was a hollow victory, but got a big smile anyway.

I had a similar reaction when I went up against Stephen Totilo's ghost.

Beat him by 30 seconds. Game Journalists
i kid, i kid

I'm having a blast with the game so far. There's so much to do and see. I get free upgrades on Subarus so, I'm trying to sell a R3 98 STi to get some money. There's alot of great cars in the club too! I uploaded my muddy 11 STi to the club. It's my first design and a crappy one at that.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Mascot said:

ClayDavisSheeeeeeit.gif

vienna024.jpg

AlanzTalon said:

Haha, same thing happened to me on one of the Top Gear challenges. I think he was messing around when he posted that time.

At work, can't play ... but a couple questions after my time with it yesterday.

How does the difficulty work? I noticed it said "custom" when I turned all assists off and sim steering but I didn't see any place about opponent difficulty?

How exactly does that work?

Also, I asked in the Photo thread but it's not as busy in there ... when entering photomode during a race can you rewind/ff at all? Is that only in replay mode you can rewind/ff to get the perfect shot?

caramac

Ok, my game is finally showing shipped!. After two phone calls to GAME CS this morning at 9am after being on the night shift, ugh. I finally managed to sort it out. Both my payment cards where rejected due to a glitch at their end so l gave my details over the phone and it went through.
Managed to get it on Express next day so it should arrive tomorrow fingers crossed.

flyinpiranha said:
At work, can't play ... but a couple questions after my time with it yesterday.

How does the difficulty work? I noticed it said "custom" when I turned all assists off and sim steering but I didn't see any place about opponent difficulty?

How exactly does that work?

Also, I asked in the Photo thread but it's not as busy in there ... when entering photomode during a race can you rewind/ff at all? Is that only in replay mode you can rewind/ff to get the perfect shot?
I wondered the same thing when I was setting my assists/difficulty. There's no option to change the AI difficulty. I think the AI scales to your play style and level. I heard talk of the AI ramping up in difficulty about half way through. I'm .3% done with the career and the AI is way too easy.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Gowans007 said:
Probably in three hours. Dinner, Dog walk, son to bed, kiss n cuddle the mrs then Forza all night long.

i dont envy you - but if you need help, shoot me a pm (slow work day)

I can't wait until club Rivals starts getting populated with competitive times.

There's an option to sort the leaderboards by club+friends which is really, really handy.

amar212 said:
This is not happening, tell me. Please.

That really sucks. I was wondering when I saw some people in here posting about not getting credits. I'm using the Fanatec GT2 + CSP's and I haven't yet had this problem. I've only run about 15 races though.

Aptos said:
Isn't the cap on friends about 100 as well? lol

Yes it is but it would be for people who are waiting to get into the main club. Not being in the club right away is one thing most aren't too worried about, but having to race against randoms online is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Does not matter to me though, I'm pretty confident I'll remain in the club. I just have the free time so I figured I'd offer to help out by creating a Gaf GTag that waiting Gaffers could use.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
also, i notice jube has 2 spots, one for his personal GT, the other for work GT. seems to me he should pick one or the other since space is so tight (just throwing it out there!)

Gowans

op_ivy said:
i dont envy you - but if you need help, shoot me a pm (slow work day)
I could use some help, (i want to play tonight, not play spreadsheets)

Just about to walk the dog but in three hours time could we have drilled down

Instructions on How to Join the Club (DON'T PM ME ;) )
What being in the club means (may also get spammed with custom club race invites)
The Spreadsheet as updated as possible (who to keep, add, remove)
Rules on what gets you into the club (rough outline a few pages back)​

Thanks Forza GAF

Mr.Green said:
Did someone really mention the Cockpit FOV was adjustable a few pages back or did I simply hallucinate?

If it's like 3, and I believe it is, you need to turn on multi-screen settings in your profile. You can then adjust the FOV.

VindictiveGnome said:
I wondered the same thing when I was setting my assists/difficulty. There's no option to change the AI difficulty. I think the AI scales to your play style and level. I heard talk of the AI ramping up in difficulty about half way through. I'm .3% done with the career and the AI is way too easy.

I think AI difficulty goes up with your Driver Level, but if it's anything like Forza 3, it never actually gets competitive.

amar212 said:
This is not happening, tell me. Please.

Holy shit! That is huge, I hope that isn't happening .. I didn't see any problems with my game last night, always was getting credits (GT2, CSP, latest FW, both disks installed, LE if that matters).

Top Bottom