• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Mascot said:
I've done it. Cancelled my Forzaholiday tomorrow due to work pressure. Friday is looking highly unlikely too.

ClayDavisSheeeeeeit.gif

Hope my boss appreciates this dedication.

I was going to call in sick today, but I too had to come in. Its a busy week here, and I felt it wasn't right. Sucks man.

VindictiveGnome said:
I wondered the same thing when I was setting my assists/difficulty. There's no option to change the AI difficulty. I think the AI scales to your play style and level. I heard talk of the AI ramping up in difficulty about half way through. I'm .3% done with the career and the AI is way too easy.
You can't change the AI in world tour, it is dynamic bases on your driver level, or so I've been told. This is annoying, as it leads to insane difficulty spikes and valleys.

However, you can ramp up the difficulty in the event list.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Gowans007 said:
I could use some help, (i want to play tonight, not play spreadsheets)

Just about to walk the dog but in three hours time could we have drilled down

Instructions on How to Join the Club (DON'T PM ME ;) )
What being in the club means (may also get spammed with custom club race invites)
The Spreadsheet as updated as possible (who to keep, add, remove)
Rules on what gets you into the club (rough outline a few pages back)​

Thanks Forza GAF

added my thoughts to the "getting in" list. OG list needs to be determined first, then race or contributions, then random drawing.

Gowans007 said:
Getting into the NeoGAF Racing Club

- 60 Places for GAF OG (List Determined by GAF) people add to the google doc why they should be considered? post count in a FM3/4 thread, activity in GAF FM related things, tunes, designs, special circumstances? final list of 60 to be determined by Club Admins. this will put the work on people that want to be one of the 60 to sell themselves.
- 10 Placed Determined by Random Draw worksheet where people that are not in the 60 can add their names for a drawing
- 10 Places Determined by Winners of Rivals-Time Challenge/Tournament/Race (TBD) worksheet of people that want to race for spots. time challenge would be best, as then you don't have to worry about meet up times.
- 10 Car Club Contributions 10 people from the design thread that can demonstrate designs, liveries, or tunes - as determined by admins
- 10 TBD lump another 10 to the GAF OG's?

Hawk269

Gowans007 said:
Popped in this morning and club issues.

Club is full and I have a page full of requests.

That was quicker than thought so we need to work out a fair plan and I'll take action. Hopefully this will work itself out after a while but for now it's gona need structure.

Just make a Gaf2...it would seem the only way as you know more and more people are going to want to be put into the club. I have no problem being sent to Gaf2 if you need a volunteer to make the switch.

Why not call it NeoGaf though? NeoGaf1, NeoGaf2 etc.

U2NUMB

flyinpiranha said:
Holy shit! That is huge, I hope that isn't happening .. I didn't see any problems with my game last night, always was getting credits (GT2, CSP, latest FW, both disks installed, LE if that matters).

Yep I am going to delete my disc 1 tonight when I get home just to make sure.

Hawk269 said:
Just make a Gaf2...it would seem the only way as you know more and more people are going to want to be put into the club. I have no problem being sent to Gaf2 if you need a volunteer to make the switch.

This. I'm in the NeoGAF club at the moment, but I'm sure it will be short lived. I'd love a spot in NeoGAF 2, though.

op_ivy

Hawk269 said:

yeah, honestly this would be easiest. base it on the first 100 from the original google doc for GAF1 and late arrivals will be GAF2, and so on. its not ideal, but the clubs could be merged latter. plus, in the meantime, there could be some friendly competition amongst the clubs :)

Doodis

op_ivy said:
added my thoughts to the "getting in" list. OG list needs to be determined first, then race or contributions, then random drawing.
Okay, I've been on GAF for 4+ years but don't know how to determine my post count in a thread. Is there some easy way of doing it?

Also, are assists/clean laps taken into account for Rivals mode, or is it just according to time like in the demo? Started playing last night but stuck to career.

op_ivy said:
yeah, honestly this would be easiest. base it on the first 100 from the original google doc for GAF1 and late arrivals will be GAF2, and so on. its not ideal, but the clubs could be merged latter. plus, in the meantime, there could be some friendly competition amongst the clubs :)
I don't know if I'd base it on the first 100. Base the 1st club on membership status, skill with tuning/designs, and whatever else you are planning on. All the people aren't in that get in GAF 2.

Arucardo

Doodis said:
Okay, I've been on GAF for 4+ years but don't know how to determine my post count in a thread. Is there some easy way of doing it?

Also, are assists/clean laps taken into account for Rivals mode, or is it just according to time like in the demo? Started playing last night but stuck to career.
Looking at the demo last weekend clean laps are always above the ones with faults but assists don't really matter in what place you get.

VindictiveGnome said:
I don't know if I'd base it on the first 100. Base the 1st club on membership status, skill with tuning/designs, and whatever else you are planning on. All the people aren't in that get in GAF 2.

Yeah, this is the best route. Especially because a lot of the names in the first one I haven't even seen in the Forza thread. Not that they aren't loving Forza as they probably are lurking but this is a GAF + Forza club, so it seems right to have the people that talk and play in there.

And as has been mentioned by me and others, I doubt it will stay at 100 for the next couple months.

Doodis said:

Somebody told me up above, you can click on the post amount on the main screen (where all threads are shown)

op_ivy said:

I suggested this earlier but I was also thinking a seperate GAF FORZA RACING CLUB Thread could go up that acts as an umbrella for both clubs so we can all stay together and love one another no matter which club number your in. Also, NeoGAF Racing Club 2 SUCKS : )

Doodis said:

Click on the number in the "replies" column out on the main page.

Doodis

Maybe the club thing is becoming over-complicated. I'd say just leave everyone in the first club as is so Gowans/Ivy don't have to spend hours scrubbing it, and start up a second club for all those that didn't make it in. We should still have a decent mix of individuals.

Then, in a couple weeks/months, club admins can cut those that aren't contributing if they want, and see if we can eventually merge.

op_ivy

Doodis said:

1) click replies from the forum page to see # of responses by poster

2) just like in the demo, clean times ALWAYS beat "dirty" ! times

VindictiveGnome said:

well, i think the whole idea was to make it more objective rather than subjective. also, save a ton of work.

Doodis said:
Maybe the club thing is becoming over-complicated. I'd say just leave everyone in the first club as is so Gowans/Ivy don't have to spend hours scrubbing it, and start up a second club for all those that didn't make it in. We should still have a decent mix of individuals.

Then, in a couple weeks/months, club admins can cut those that aren't contributing if they want, and see if we can eventually merge.

this is really the best answer.

I will stick by the idea of Driver Level and maybe Club Contributions. The first shows how much you actually play and the second will give those with abilities a spot also. Set a level limit for joining (Say Level 10) and I can guarantee it won't fill up. Everyone wants in now but in 2 weeks it will be a bunch of higher level people and a ton of under Level 5 people.

Just my suggestions.

op_ivy

Mizzou Gaming said:
I suggested this earlier but I was also thinking a seperate GAF FORZA RACING CLUB Thread could go up that acts as an umbrella for both clubs so we can all stay together and love one another no matter which club number your in. Also, NeoGAF Racing Club 2 SUCKS : )

i'm sure we'll eventually have a league thread in the online forum where all could participate

Found my mic! Hit me up to race anytime!

Oh and two things, first, can cars shared in the garage be painted by others? I'm pretty good at tuning fun cars to drive, but I suck horridly at painting them... I was wondering if I made the car, could someone else paint it for me?

Second, about the invites to the club, if we aren't making "gaf2", how about we look at the monthly rivals list? If people don't post times there, it means they are not active, and so should be removed.

flyinpiranha said:
Yeah, this is the best route. Especially because a lot of the names in the first one I haven't even seen in the Forza thread. Not that they aren't loving Forza as they probably are lurking but this is a GAF + Forza club, so it seems right to have the people that talk and play in there.

I think the best way is to just remove all the people who aren't identified (or have like 1 post), save some spots for known community people who aren't in yet (most everyone has already been pointed out in the last couple pages), and then fill it up with people who have at least posted in this thread.

Then when we reach cap, someone makes a GAF2 and we keep it going. Then in like a month we can probably merge the two with relative ease.

God this game is SO satisfying.

I built a C-class 240sx, set a 51 sec tsukuba short. I thought that was fancy, woke up today and I was in 250 or so place on the leaderboard.

Built me a 1900 lb 190 horsepower z (got tune up on storefront if anyone wants to check it out - I'd like some feedback on it). Today I set a 50.149 time. Pretty proud of that one.

Mizzou Gaming said:
but having to race against randoms online is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

I have to say that racing with two of my friends last night in the public hoppers was a blast. We didn't use Party Chat, but we did try to set the tone of the room by being loud, silly, and friendly. Worked well. There were even several races without first turn pileups, which was amazing.

16 players is a blast. Had one D-class race at Hockenheim where after the four laps, there were only five seconds between first and ninth.

I'm completely happy to go to a GAF2 club. It would be nice if both clubs had at least one decent painter so it feels a bit less like the bush leagues and the majors.

Doodis said:

It's not over complicated though. People who contribute here and in the game over just lurkers spamming for an invite.

Mascot

:lol
Thanks for the messages of support regarding my cancelled holidays.
Tomorrow is going to be pretty painful, especially if GAME deliver...
Had a fuckload of work to do on the house as well.

Quintupletfuck!
Oh well, it's only a delay for a couple of days. Got the whole weekend and the following week off to soak it all up (in between bouts of DIY).

nagge

Still no shipping notification, and here I was foolishly hoping to have the game tomorrow, but it seems it was just wishful thinking.

Gah, I cant wait to get knee deep in rivals mode.

saladine1

Best way to solve the Gaf club problem is this:

Gowans posts up an 'open for business' post. Set a date and time for this so everyone has a chance. The first 100 to register after the initial post make it in.

But there's a catch....

In order to be eligible, you must first post a Youtube video of yourself, rubbing your tummy and head at the same time in a circular motion while saying these words..."Kenny Rogers chicken, it's the wood that makes it good"

op_ivy

here is what i'd do:

take the full list of those interested and RANDOMLY place them in GAF1 and GAF2. merge the 2 when there is room. done. easy.

Create a thread in the online forum for meet ups, rivals, and time trials. this way, people in GAF1 and GAF2 can still feel a sense of unity and people not in any club at all - by choice, can still be a part of it.

anything else is too open for feelings to get hurt, people to be overlooked, or simply waaay too much time invested in a system that in all likelihood a few weeks from now wont matter anyways.

regs

h3ro said:
How do people already have 20+ Million credits?!

Either by selling Liveries/Setups etc or possibly using real money to buy the most expensive cars (car token) and then selling that car (I don't know if that works)

Also there is much more money to be saved in Forza4 just because it's so easy to be able to get upgrades for free.

SarBear

There's already a money glitch that folks are taking advantage of. Not to say everyone that has that amount of cash is cheating, but surely one or two of them have exploited this.

Just got it :)

296916_10150864782190290_547980289_21347666_951634416_n.jpg

Question: both of the storefront and the auction house are not available ? and I uploaded some pictures but nothing shows at MY FORZA on the website ?? how could some people upload their photos?

regs said:
Either by selling Liveries/Setups etc or possibly using real money to buy the most expensive cars (car token) and then selling that car (I don't know if that works)

Also there is much more money to be saved in Forza4 just because it's so easy to be able to get upgrades for free.

Token cars can't be resold if I remember correctly.

That 20m mark just makes me want to play!

Ugh, that was my worry. There is no way that T10 can stop it now, because even if they patch it, it's present in the retail copy.

Unicorns are dead in the AH unless you win them via contest.

Izayoi

Banned
Bigshots don't take all that long to render. Judging by some of the complaints I would've thought it would take five minutes or more. The result is definitely worth it.

sneaky77

Painkiller Q8 said:
Just got it :)

296916_10150864782190290_547980289_21347666_951634416_n.jpg

Question: both of the storefront and the auction house are not available ? and I uploaded some pictures but nothing shows at MY FORZA on the website ?? how could some people upload their photos?

You drive a lancer?

nagge

Shortt Sirket said:
I will say it, the Unicorn idea is stupid anyway.

Totally agree, but not even having a fair chance of getting is what really makes it a bad idea, and this isn't the first time money glitches has been around Forza...

nagge said:
Totally agree, but not even having a fair chance of getting is what really makes it a bad idea, and this isn't the first time money glitches has been around Forza...

I got up at 5am for the first set of Unicorns and those were going for almost $10 million. What is the point if only glitchers and those with livery/tuning talent get them? What about us poor slobs who suck at the game? HUH? What do WE get? TELL ME!!!

Top Bottom