• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

sneaky77 said:
You drive a lancer?

Nope, I drive an Outlander 2008

5OD%20XLS.JPG

2008+Mitsubishi+Outlander+XL+interior.jpg

Mr.Green

NullPointer said:
Love this game.
Hate the weak ass rumble support. Huge oversight.

You should have bought a decent FFB wheel. Huge oversight.

=P

Speaking of which. Here are Fanatec's recommended settings for their wheels:

Fanatec said:
SEN: 900 (On some race cars down to 700)
FF: 100
Sho: 100
ABS: 70
Dri:3
Lin: 0
Dea: 0
Spr: 0
Dpr: 0

What about you guys?

Shortt Sirket said:
I got up at 5am for the first set of Unicorns and those were going for almost $10 million. What is the point if only glitchers and those with livery/tuning talent get them? What about us poor slobs who suck at the game? HUH? What do WE get? TELL ME!!!

You can win them in contests, but it's tough. That's how I got them in 3.

I think Fred dropped a bunch with cheap buyouts on the AH around Xmas 2009. Though I was out of town and couldn't get 'em then.

SarBear

Shortt Sirket said:
I got up at 5am for the first set of Unicorns and those were going for almost $10 million. What is the point if only glitchers and those with livery/tuning talent get them? What about us poor slobs who suck at the game? HUH? What do WE get? TELL ME!!!

Well, if it's anything like Forza 3, there should be several bans for those whom's stats are obviously out of whack.

Hawk269

Doodis said:
Maybe the club thing is becoming over-complicated. I'd say just leave everyone in the first club as is so Gowans/Ivy don't have to spend hours scrubbing it, and start up a second club for all those that didn't make it in. We should still have a decent mix of individuals.

Then, in a couple weeks/months, club admins can cut those that aren't contributing if they want, and see if we can eventually merge.

Those guys are already putting in way too much work. The poor guys are doing more spreedsheet management than playing the game. I still think that once the club is full, then move onto Gaf2, then Gaf3 and so on. No spreadsheets, no constant checking post counts etc.

With the number of people in this thread and the numbers will climb as it is released world wide, there is no way in hell that managing a spreedsheet and deciding who get's in is going to managable and taking into consideration the time it takes our two captains to do all of this.

Gaf1 vs Gaf2 stuff can be alot of fun. Expecially with the way the leaderboards are set up it would a fun thing to have as far as competition. Again, I vote for a Gaf2, this way no one has that grade school feeling of being picked last to play kickball....lol

Mr.Green said:
You should have bought a decent FFB wheel. Huge oversight.

=P
pffft. I know you're ribbing me, but I really don't have the space, like at all. Its seems like such a small change that would add so much to the driving with the controller.

I honestly can't fathom why it's not in the game. Seems like a low hanging fruit.

Izayoi said:
What about the people who just want to drive them, though? ;_;

I am a bit annoyed by them choosing to quadruple the Unicorn count. The Mine's R32/R34 and the BMW M3 GTR Road Version were some of my favorite cars in F3. The M3 was almost the perfect A class car stock. I just don't understand why chose the cars they did.

G Rom said:
Nope Unicorns are specifically made for this. Turn 10 can use them as bait for cheaters. ;)

Not sure I agree with this simply because there will never reach a point where the system is "clean." Unicorn auctions were extremely rare in 3 because they became pointless once the credit glitchers entered the system.

It's clear that T10 expected unicorns to be more available which is why they made 17 of them and created a specific tab in the AH for them.

It'll be very interesting to see what their response to this is, as they probably weren't planning on it happening so early--if at all.

Hawk269

op_ivy said:
here is what i'd do:

take the full list of those interested and RANDOMLY place them in GAF1 and GAF2. merge the 2 when there is room. done. easy.

Create a thread in the online forum for meet ups, rivals, and time trials. this way, people in GAF1 and GAF2 can still feel a sense of unity and people not in any club at all - by choice, can still be a part of it.

anything else is too open for feelings to get hurt, people to be overlooked, or simply waaay too much time invested in a system that in all likelihood a few weeks from now wont matter anyways.

Agree Ivy. But instead, just start putting people into Gaf2. Gaf1 is already full, so people can just be put into Gaf2 if they want in. Redoing the first hundred and jsut doing a random switch is time consuming. This way our 2 mods can just take everyone that is asking to be put in they will go into Gaf2.

If a spreedsheet is to exist, it should just be a listing of who is in each club. Allow people to switch clubs as openings become available if they desire too. For me I have no problem going to Gaf2. Once the dust settles after a month or so, if activity is low enough, just merge the clubs into Gaf1. We know this will happen, but with the number of folks in this post, then there are those not part of Gaf, but friends of Gaf members that want to be in a club having more that one club seems like the only way to manage the number of people.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Hawk269 said:
Agree Ivy. But instead, just start putting people into Gaf2. Gaf1 is already full, so people can just be put into Gaf2 if they want in. Redoing the first hundred and jsut doing a random switch is time consuming. This way our 2 mods can just take everyone that is asking to be put in they will go into Gaf2.

If a spreedsheet is to exist, it should just be a listing of who is in each club. Allow people to switch clubs as openings become available if they desire too. For me I have no problem going to Gaf2. Once the dust settles after a month or so, if activity is low enough, just merge the clubs into Gaf1. We know this will happen, but with the number of folks in this post, then there are those not part of Gaf, but friends of Gaf members that want to be in a club having more that one club seems like the only way to manage the number of people.

true.

Mr.Green said:
Speaking of which. Here are Fanatec's recommended settings for their wheels:

What about you guys?

Those are the settings I'm currently using. I might try setting Drift to 4 instead. I need to pay closer attention to it when I play next.

I'm trying my hardest not to leave work early, but the temptation is strong.

skyfinch

So world tour are events that are from the event listing (obviously). Thing is, if you look on the event listing, the last column is the most difficult events. World class tour, or something like that. They are the ones with the most races.

Now, there will be times when these show up in world tour mode, and this is why there is a spike in the difficulty. Event listing seems to be a progression from left to right, just like it was in FM3. So be mindful of what you pick in world tour mode.

Anyway, this is just a theory of mine.

Arucardo

One way to do it in a club would be to pool together money by having a trustworthy gaffer sell a simple design or car for a really high price with the other gaffers buying it to get enough money to buy one or more unicorns.

Arucardo said:
One way to do it in a club would be to pool together money by having a trustworthy gaffer sell a simple design or car for a really high price with the other gaffers buying it to get enough money to buy one or more unicorns.

I could do it! I also have some DotA codes too!

:)

sneaky77

This was on the fanatec blog "The game still has the issue that it only recognizes a 900° wheel properly if you turn on the game with the power button on the console"

Hawk269

We need to hear from the two Club Captains on what we are going to do. I will volunteer to head up or be one of the captains of Gaf 2 if that helps and/or you two decide to go the route of Gaf2.

We can make the spreedsheet for members of each club as well. This will also satisfy those of us that have real life friends that are not part of Gaf to join the club's as well. I know I have about 8 friends on my Friends list that are playing F4 and only 1 of them is part of Gaf, but I am sure they would want to be in a club.

I know there has been a few people asking to drop out cause they cant play as much right now, those folks would have a home if we were to expand to 2 or 3 clubs. With a 100 cap limit, I am sure that there will be around 50-60 in each club that are die-hard active, playing almost daily, while the other 50% or so will be more casual. No need to have a hard core club and a non-hard core club, I am not suggesting that.

Breaking down the clubs into Gaf1, Gaf2, Gaf3 based on when each fills up will give each club a balance . Having on club of just hardcores the other clubs would have no chance at friendly competition.

nagge

Hawk269 said:
This will also satisfy those of us that have real life friends that are not part of Gaf to join the club's as well. I know I have about 8 friends on my Friends list and only 1 of them is part of Gaf, but I am sure they would want to be in a club.

It kind of defeats the purpose of having a club formed around the user base of this forum and the ability to communicate easily through it, doesn't it? That's just the way I feel.

Hawk269

nagge said:
It kind of defeats the purpose of having a club formed around the user base of this forum and the ability to communicate easily through it, doesn't it? That's just the way I feel.

I see your point, but the thing is if we allow outside (non-gaf) people to join, most likely they are associated with someone that is on Gaf and maybe they will join as well. As it is now, there is not alot of posts in this thread about organizing races etc. with club members.

I mean to make it that true community feeling, it almost seems like a seperate thread for just the club is needed, but I do see that thread falling off the top 20 page list quickly. I don't know, there is alot of plus and minus in whatever decision is made for this. For me, the more the merrier...I have alot of non-gaf friends from associations I made in Forza 2 & 3 and it would be nice to be in a club with them that is sizeable like the Gaf Club.

sneaky77

Hawk269 said:
I see your point, but the thing is if we allow outside (non-gaf) people to join, most likely they are associated with someone that is on Gaf and maybe they will join as well. As it is now, there is not alot of posts in this thread about organizing races etc. with club members.

I mean to make it that true community feeling, it almost seems like a seperate thread for just the club is needed, but I do see that thread falling off the top 20 page list quickly. I don't know, there is alot of plus and minus in whatever decision is made for this. For me, the more the merrier...I have alot of non-gaf friends from associations I made in Forza 2 & 3 and it would be nice to be in a club with them that is sizeable like the Gaf Club.

to be honest, I dont like that idea.. we have the same thing in other leagues I have run and it just becomes a pain in order to communicate and stuff

RS4-

I just remembered that it has kinect support. Just curious if anyone has tried it with connect and also with the speed wheel? Is the 50-60$ worth the difference of physically holding something?

Mr.Green

Arucardo said:
Fanatec wheels, the CSR or the GT2 wheel are your best bets.

Works on PC as well.

There's also a CSR Elite in the works. Google it. Looks shit hot!

It will be $500, though...

I have the PWTS and I'm having a bad case of upgraditis right now.

SarBear

skyfinch said:
Infineon is my new favourite track. Not a fan of Hockenhiem.

Hockenhiem is very bland. Although I really do enjoy Infineon, the Nurburgring is still hands down my favorite track. Followed very closely by Road America.

Mascot

Wow, who'd have thought the car club would get over-subscribed so quickly? I seriously didn't think there were anywhere near 100 Forza enthusiasts on NeoGAF. I'd have guessed at forty max a few weeks ago.

RS4- said:
I just remembered that it has kinect support. Just curious if anyone has tried it with connect and also with the speed wheel? Is the 50-60$ worth the difference of physically holding something?

The Speed Wheel is completely divorced from Kinect. The wheel is amazing and there are some excellent reviews of it in the Speed Wheel thread. I have convinced 3 people to buy one already by just letting them use mine for a couple of minutes.

As a Junior Member who was accepted into the club I wanted to chime in on the dilemma at hand.

I think the idea of "GAF1 - GAF2 - etc.." is the way to handle it.

Have another "hardcore" person manage the GAF2 club and try to add in some hardcore and casuals to both clubs to even out the playing field and garage content.

I also think it will be fun to have inter-club races with each "club chapter".

I agree eventually folks will drop off and both clubs can probably merge together at some point, but try to make it as fair of an experience for all in the beginning. The separate clubs will ensure that no member feels left out either, or missed the boat due to getting the game late etc...

That said, I am really enjoying the Car Clubs and community here...glad to be a part of GAF finally after a LOOOOONG wait to be accepted.

Race on Bretheren!

Mascot

skyfinch said:
Not a fan of Hockenhiem.

I wasn't even a fan of the IDEA of Hockenheim. Its an incredibly dull circuit. Dan seemed to have a soft spot for it for some reason. Maybe he thought Hockenheim was just a Bavarian name for Spa.

sneaky77

beard: hey dan lets make a official fanatec wheel
Dan: that sounds awesome
beard: 900 degrees wheel rocks.
Dan: our programmers only know how to deal with 270 degrees.
beard: well just don't give any credits in WT to people with their wheels set to 900 degrees.

XShagrath

Finally tracked down a copy of the LE! Here's my story so far for those who want to hear or can relate..

Had my order via Amazon since June (got in on the $59.99 LCE)
Shipped out for release day shipping on Monday and has no valid tracking information
Called UPS and Amazon both yesterday and they just assured me it would be here yesterday
I ran out to WalMart and Gamestop last night with no luck (Gamestop said there were only 7K LCE's total)
I called my local Best Buy and they said there were 2 in a nearby store, but they might be held for pre-orders
I head to that store today (I was in the area) and they were both pre-orders. I also hit up the nearby K-Mart and they didn't have it either
I came home and checked out Bestbuy.com, but you can't do an in-store check for the LE on their site
However, I did one for the regular edition and just changed the product ID and was able to find one store that said they had one about 30 miles away.
I called them and they held it for me and I just got back from my 60 mile journey for the LCE.
If my Amazon order shows up tomorrow, I'll just return it to Best Buy to get my money back.

Does this sob story get me into the car club?

Mascot said:
Wow, who'd have thought the car club would get over-subscribed so quickly? I seriously didn't think there were anywhere near 100 Forza enthusiasts on NeoGAF. I'd have guessed at forty max a few weeks ago.

I think that's the thing, a lot of people probably are lurkers. The threads were the same people over and over and looking at the list of people that were signing up I didn't recognize many people.

I think at this point the problem with GAF1 and 2 is that it's going to be pretty much release date specific. All the people who got it on the 11th will be in GAF1 (or not in my case) and GAF2 will be the regions that didn't get the 11th launch.

I don't know, I'm just going to play career and see what happens down the road. Work is going so sloooow!

Here is the issue I'm seeing with Rival mode:

This is under Community Monthly/Starter Car Open/Change Rival screen. How is UR BUS IS SHORT's class F198 and everyone else is F121 with the Vauxhall Agila?

Also, where is this spreadsheet? I'd like to fill out my info.

U n i o n 0015 said:
You said it. There are plenty of other tracks that could've replaced Hockenheim. Bathurst and Spa, looking your way...

But people will pay for Bathurst and Spa, would you pay for Hockenheim? (I wouldn't, but have only raced it with slow cars)

nagge

Quote said:
Here is the issue I'm seeing with Rival mode:

[.IMG]http://i.imgur.com/a45ci.jpg[/IMG]

This is under Community Monthly/Starter Car Open/Change Rival screen. How is UR BUS IS SHORT's class F198 and everyone else is F121 with the Vauxhall Agila?

Also, where is this spreadsheet? I'd like to fill out my info.

Aren't you able to tune/upgrade the car then?
Just by looking at it I'd say F-class is the restriction + maybe some specific cars.

sneaky77 said:
beard: hey dan lets make a official fanatec wheel
Dan: that sounds awesome
beard: 900 degrees wheel rocks.
Dan: our programmers only know how to deal with 270 degrees.
beard: well just don't give any credits in WT to people with their wheels set to 900 degrees.

Is that the problem with the wheels?

Ridiculous.

sneaky77

sneaky77 said:
So why do you get 0 cr in some races? is it cause you replay it?

This got fixed by changing the wheel from 900 degrees to 270 degrees.

Awesome job turn 10. Good testing and programming and on a licensed product no less.

nagge

Absoludacrous said:
Is that the problem with the wheels?

Ridiculous.

Seems totally random going by what I've read, some get credits in all events and some get credits in some events, while some people doesn't receive anything. It's a hell of weird bug.

Edit: ^ apparently not totally random :/

Mascot

Does anyone know Turn 10's thinking behind putting Unicorns on the auction house?
The whole concept just seems ill conceived.

BTW - any UK GAFfers get their game yet? Not me.

Top Bottom