• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

kamkor

Neo Member
sneaky77 said:
This got fixed by changing the wheel from 900 degrees to 270 degrees.

Awesome job turn 10. Good testing and programming and on a licensed product no less.

That's fantastic news. One more reason for them to actually fix 900 degree support. :)

Eric WK

Gowans007 said:
Club clear out and additions starting in 10mins.

Really great that UPS shipped my copy 3,000 miles away so not only did I not get it on release day, but it won't be here until tomorrow.

Lame.

I don't think I've gotten 0 credits for any race and I was messing with my settings and have both disks installed.

I really wonder if it's wheel related or if the people with wheels are just reporting seeing this.

Is it only Fanatec Wheel owners so far?

cory021

Neo Member
I'm reallllly tempted to buy this game. I downloaded the demo last night, and have had an absolute blast so far.

I played a few quick races, but most of my time was spent trying to beat my friend's hot laps. I took all the assists off (expect for replay, which is an awesome feature), and spent like half an hour trying to catch my friend's ghost. I finally beat him by about half a second, but it felt great, seeing as he had like half the assists turned on.

I guess I should mention that the only racing games I've played are PGR, Blur and Need for Speed Shift. I thought those were great racing games, but Forza blows those out of the water.

I'm trying to keep my gaming budget low this year, but if I find it at a lower price sometime, I'll definitely pick this up in a heartbeat.

flyinpiranha said:
I don't think I've gotten 0 credits for any race and I was messing with my settings and have both disks installed.

I really wonder if it's wheel related or if the people with wheels are just reporting seeing this.

Is it only Fanatec Wheel owners so far?

Yeah, it seems like a bug with it being set to 900 degrees. Sounds like it might be some kind of anti-cheating thing going awry.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
kyo27 said:
I thought it was the worst looking track in every forza game, and this is no exception.

i agree with the first part, but not the second. now it looks great IMO

alphaNoid

Banned
Man just been playing the demo to tide me over, fml
KuGsj.gif

enzo_gt said:
What are mystery bonuses? Just a random selection from driver level, affinity and credits?

It seems that way so far. I was hoping for like a random free car or something a little more "mysterious."

Gowans

Ok the plan is to Leave the guys marked in green on the google doc then list see where we are for spaces and people on the interested list to get the gaf selected 60.

Hold tight tho, doing this on a iPad with the 360 on and it's not the best with google docs. Thanks fir updating and keep going guys.

Remember to join search for GAF in the groups via the game.

hgplayer1

enzo_gt said:
What are mystery bonuses? Just a random selection from driver level, affinity and credits?

I'm sure that's what it is but Ive never chosen to pick the events that have those. driver level bonus woohoo!

Gowans

MarleyManiac said:
Gowan, just wondering if the decision was made or not to split the clubs into two?

(this thread is moving fast today!)
Stay as one for now till we have the final 100 at least.

KaYotiX

Banned
Man im having a blast with this game!!! Also, good luck to those getting into the GaF car club :)

Id expect it to thin out in a month or so when the "non hardcore" race crowd leaves for the onslaught that is November releases LOL

RS4-

Ugh unsure if I should get the regular edition or the Limited one.

Worth it just for VIP and the art book?

Oh and thanks to whoever answered my question about the kinect/speed wheel thing.

edit - nm, I'll probably just buy the Limited one tonight.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Gowans007 said:
Ok the plan is to Leave the guys marked in green on the google doc then list see where we are for spaces and people on the interested list to get the gaf selected 60.

Hold tight tho, doing this on a iPad with the 360 on and it's not the best with google docs. Thanks fir updating and keep going guys.

Remember to join search for GAF in the groups via the game.
What's the link for the Google Docs spreadsheet?

Arucardo

This whole club selection thing is more exciting than it should be.

Also, looks like they just mailed my LCE, now there's a very good chance of getting it on friday, AWESOME!

SarBear

Ok, seriously!

Those little notifications about someone adding cars to the car club, or someone joining/leaving the club.......really annoying!!! There has to be a way to turn this off, right?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You all think like me. I go for the driver level cause money flows out the ass of this game anyways. And would rather receive a car than badges and titles :(

Xanadu

Banned
The Stig said:
I want to be in the club but havent made enough posts, so here is a quality one.

My congrats to Turn 10.

I own one of these:
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/385/e39m52.png[/IM]

I like how the stats on the car are not the manufacturers published stats, and they REALLY did test this car.

For example, BMW say the e39 M5 goes from 0-60mph in 5.0 seconds, this is not entirely true.

Jalopnik managed to get it (stock) to do 0-60 in 4.4s. I personally have managed 4.7s, other mags had apparently published similarly.

BMW also published the top speed as 155mph in Europe, and 186mph in USA (the needle only goes to 185mph), so they think, "it buries the needle, just put it as 1 more, who cares how fast it can actually go? who would be mad enough to try that?"

I myself have taken my e39 M5 to 192mph (and as I stated earlier gone from 0-60mph in 4.7s) and what stats do Forza show for the base car?

0-60mph - 4.7s
top speed - 193mph

Almost absolutely BANG on to reality. What makes it awesome is that there are no accurate published stats from BMW (that I know of) and these guys got it RIGHT because they really drove it.

The engine sounds are very good too, seems a tiny bit higher than reality, but still, very good. Also the reason I knew (thought) I was going 192mph was because I have a tomtom, because as I said earlier, the speedo only goes to 185.
---[/QUOTE]
thats great, its too bad they cant get cars like the xj220 and enzo to be more accurate in speed

skyfinch

enzo_gt said:
You all think like me. I go for the driver level cause money flows out the ass of this game anyways. And would rather receive a car than badges and titles :(

I had high hopes for a custom Dan "Deal with it" livery.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wait whoa whoa whoa, why was I kicked from the Club? I thought the racing league on the Google docs were two separate things? I thought the Racing League was some tournament kind of championship you guys were doing. In which case I wanted to stay in the club and share cars, but not necessarily participate in the championship because my IRL schedule probably wouldn't allow such a thing.

..and even still I'm in the doc. I'm confused. Gowans007 wanna clarify? If it's to make space for mblitek then I'm totally cool with it.

enzo_gt said:
Wait whoa whoa whoa, why was I kicked from the Club? I thought the racing league on the Google docs were two separate things? I thought the Racing League was some tournament kind of championship you guys were doing. In which case I wanted to stay in the club and share cars, but not necessarily participate in the championship because my IRL schedule probably wouldn't allow such a thing.

..and even still I'm in the doc. I'm confused. Gowans007 wanna clarify? If it's to make space for mblitek then I'm totally cool with it.

Your on the 'to be club members' list aint ya :s

Oh, can't forget to make the old.. I'm now a GAF member post. ha. Only taken me 2 years.

The one thing I ask for the new GAF Club is to pay attention to what cars you add to the garage. Don't add any stock cars unless they are super rare or hard to get. So we don't have to wade through a bunch of Miatas to get to the fun cars with tunes/liveries.

I know we all want to add our new cars, but the old club was just flooded with stock mediocre cars.

Hawk269

sneaky77 said:
it means everyone out. I guess I'll start a Gaf Reject club later lol

lol. Well, if alot of us are out, anyone want to start a rival club then? I mean, we can taunt the real club, hunt them down in on-line races, pick knife fights with them. Anyone good enough to make a "fuck you gaf club" livery??? lol...only kidding :)

Gowans

h3ro said:
Gowans is on a kicking spree right now...
Man that took ages.

Whoever wasn't green on the members list s gone.

Down to 48 members.

If we can decide 12 from the list in the next hour I'll add (or hold for euro GAF)

Get yourself on that list.

Now we have 40 slots to fill via draw and challenges from now till fri.

Shortt Sirket said:
The one thing I ask for the new GAF Club is to pay attention to what cars you add to the garage. Don't add any stock cars unless they are super rare or hard to get. So we don't have to wade through a bunch of Miatas to get to the fun cars with tunes/liveries.

I know we all want to add our new cars, but the old club was just flooded with stock mediocre cars.

Posting for a new page. I got flooded with like 20+ messages about people's stock cars getting added, or like the 4th BMW M3 Rahal Race Car.

Gowans007 said:
Man that took ages.

Down to 48 members.

If we can decide 12 from the list in the next hour I'll add (or hold for euro GAF)

Need to add Enzo man. His GamerTag is completely different but I updated it on the Doc hoping you would see it.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Shortt Sirket said:

there really outta be a procedure for submitting a car. maybe a thread in the online forum for the car club where submissions have to be proposed before they are added?

Hawk269

Gowans007 said:
Man that took ages.

Down to 48 members.

Hmm..Well I am out..even though I am around #15 or so in post count in this thread, level 15 or so in teh game etc. Oh well.

Time to start the "anti-gaf club" planning. Who's with me???

Top Bottom