• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Doodis

Gowans007 said:
I left it unto the guys here to pick worthy. I'm guessing it was a popularity contest.

Right I'm going with option B as I just want to play.

Permanent spots that can be earned all the rest are cleared out and recycled.

Next 40 people to request GAF as a club to join get in and I'll clear out again on Friday and do the same.
Oh crap, of course I'm at work. :(

Westonian

h3ro said:
NeoGAF Forza 4 Racing Club - This is the list for those nominated to be in/long standing members

NeoGAF Car Club Interest List - Waiting list
Quick questions about the waiting list:
1. Is it open to editing, or should we request to be added here?
2. If open to editing, do we enter our GAF names or Gamertags?

I would love to join. I'm a GT veteran but Forza noob (and super disappointed my Logitech wheel is an Xbox pariah.) Just scored an old 360 wireless wheel off Craigslist and looking forward to playing this with a proper wheel.

Gowans

Arucardo said:
Can't say I envy Gowans007's position in this, heh.
Yeah I'm hoping it calms down. Guys don't pm me.

100 should be plenty in a month but right now it clear outs and people rejoining.

Anyone who wants a second club till go for it till it settles.

In fact if anyone has the time to manage adding people better, let me know and I could transfer ownership if I'm being to slow.

As for now just request a join and you should get in.

Sorry you have to go through this Gowans lol

Wait, request to join in the game itself or request to join here in this thread? If it's the latter and I was removed, I would like back in please.

Well, if no one has any issue with it or Im not stepping on any toes.... I did start another club, NEOGAF, with NGAF as the tag. With a good amount of people getting into the main club for now, this can be a place for the overflowed waiting list and casual GAF. There are 99 openings, just search for NGAF, and no huss, no fuss.

Just send the invite and Ill add you if this cool.

Hawk269

purg3 said:
So who's starting the second club? I think it's dumb to have to jump through hoops to join this club. I was an og for forza gaf online, and dudes like jube and modus can vouch. Still have my le forza gaf halo car. I just want to race with cool peoples.

Agree. Posting a screen shot and a small essay on why we should be allowed into the Gaf Club is kind of childish in a way. I think that those that had more of a vested interest based on post count, contributions to the club etc. should of been let in, but it seems like it is "personal interest" and popularity contests that deems you eligible. It should be someones actions, contributions etc. not anything else.

I see some of the people that got booted are good contributors in the thread, especially sad to see those booted that are helping others with questions on the game as well or that uploaded cars/met rival goals to help the club out.

Personally, I did several, I mean several rival races to help the club out, spent alot of time earning higher spots as well to gain some spots on the club rankings, but yeah not in the club now.

Oh well. I am not jumping through hoops like a trained dog or someones idea of "show me by typing a message why you are worthy of my attention and I "may" grant you access to the club". A well placed middle finger is the picture I would post if I had one handy! lol

Gowans

EteRnal_PAL said:
Sorry you have to go through this Gowans lol

Wait, request to join in the game itself or request to join here in this thread? If it's the latter and I was removed, I would like back in please.
You should be still in but to be clear.

To join the GAF club search for GAF in the clubs.

No hoops or anything to join but there is only 100 spots so spots will be cleared out regularly to allow people in and be part of the club.

The more you participate and add to the community the leas likely it will be your dropped in the refreshes till there is a ballance.

Ace 8095

I don't care much about being in the club I just want to get on some gaf multiplayer. Can those who race online send me a friend request? GT: Ace 8095

Hawk269

supersaw said:
So it's 7:39am shops open at 9. Damn you yanks and your early releases.

My timing is off, but for you guys, you will be able to buy the game in a few hours then? If so cool....welcome to the game man. If you were a fan of F3, you are in for a hell of a ride in F4!

Arucardo

Just one more thing before I go to bed, can someone with a little spare time set up a forza gaf gamertag for people that just want to race other gaffers online?

jcutner

Good to see I'm highlighted green on the spreadsheet (for now at least)

stuck at work for a few more hours, hoping the club will still be doing some MP racing later this evening!

This game is absolutely brilliant.

I like all the choices you get when you level up. I really like that I can't see stats for the choices. Why? because I know me. I'll always pick the car with the highest stats. instead, I'm now picking cars on desires and memories. That makes me develop an emotional connection with the game. Something I never thought would happen in a racing game since they are historically stat dominated. It's a small change but for me, it forced me to use a completely different part of my brain for decision making.

regs

Just had a bad ass game of Virus on Landera, all kinds of awesome spots to just sit out and take off when someone who's IT comes close. It really reminded me of Midtown Madness 3.

Hawk269

SarBear said:
Every time I go to accept your invitation, i get a network error. Any insight on what i can do to fix this?

Do What Gowans just said, but also power cycle your modem/router as well as the 360. But most likely it is what Gowans just said that your Nat type might be not set to open. If it is not open, search Google for "Xbox Nat Type" or go to Xbox.com there is a step by step guide to open the nat type to open.

Hawk269

Square Triangle said:
I got more achievements in Forza 4 already than I did trophies in GT5. Does this mean Forza is better?

I kid, please don't kill me

lol. I am about 50 Achievements points away from reaching the same level that I had in Forza 3. Granted, I only got to level 20 in F3, but played a ton on-line etc. F4 is handing out money and chievo's llike they are hot cakes.

Yoritomo

I'm trying to figure out how to use my high quality headphones and an xbox mic at the same time :/ I guess I drape the mic around my neck or something.

Starting up forza is like starting up a jet plane.

Turn on monitors 1, 2, 3
Turn on 360 with controllers 1, 2, 3
Plug in iPod to 360, start custom soundtrack (triple screen and network streaming aren't compatible at all basically)
Turn off controller 1 turn on wheel.
Start forza on left and right 360s
Start forza on main 360
Put on Headphones.

The turbine like whining of the drives spinning up, as well as the sound of the wheel calibrating on start up makes me feel like a jet pilot.

I'm a huge nerd.

Well, no code inside Microsoft Store package, no email for the pre-order car. I call their customers service who of course have no idea and told me to call Xbox Live (what?!)

Anyway, long story short, she finally went to check with her manager and apparently there are no promo-code for that CR-V because they claim Xbox Live never send it to them. They told me when they get it they will let me know. WTF!! Microsoft, this is horrible, your own storefront doesn't have any clue what going on and on top of that they failed to get codes from another one of their division. (This remind me so much of the clusterf*uck that is all Microsoft division).

I knew I should have just go with Amazon and I would have gotten $20.00 discount due to their price guarantee instead of $10.00 from MS and missing pre-order DLC.

/rant off.

regs

Liquidsnake said:
Is there an updated list so I can see if I got kicked?
If I did, I will hold a grudge.

These are the people who show up under the list for me.

Gowans007
pyr0
Scuderia2010
Big Takeover
Seanspeed
eek5
skyfinch
T10 Ayo Jube
arvinater
VindictiveGnome
CrudeDiatribe
Dead Poul
GTO783
m0dus
ghostmind
FlasHBurN2012
ShapeGSX
chespace 343
LoopOfHenle
DasRavenLive
UR BUS IS SHORT
supjcutner
ghibli99
Archer33
Tokubetsu
Ayo Jube
Yoritomo79
Union 360
AntiqueGamer
guest1321
K4rooo
Short Sirket
syftif
Sp4ceman Sp1ff
Mc Kane
munkeyhero
xEsorcicc0x
Absoludacrous
purg3
slashc5
Drew McDuffy
Aptos
StormLord
l MarleyMan l
SoundScream13
Watership
Proteus
EteRnal PAL
Liquidsnake00
sneaky77

That's what shows up for me. Sorry if there are any typos I am typing these right off of my screen and not really checking them because I am about to go out to the bar and well what am I doing still typing this I think I am going to head out and get my drink on.

I went through and highlighted anyone who I could match a GAF name with a Gamertag, and had at least 10ish posts between this thread and the hype thread.

Sorry if I missed anyone, I tried to be as thorough as could with the info I had. I tried to minimize the lurkers and make sure Forza GAF gets in, but no doubt I missed a few people who deserve a spot.

SarBear

Hawk269 said:
Do What Gowans just said, but also power cycle your modem/router as well as the 360. But most likely it is what Gowans just said that your Nat type might be not set to open. If it is not open, search Google for "Xbox Nat Type" or go to Xbox.com there is a step by step guide to open the nat type to open.

Thank you. I will give this a shot.

witness

I appreciate being allowed to stay in the gaf club, means a lot to be kept around!

Game just keeps getting better. I wonder if they will add all the preorder cars in the DLC packs that will be coming out, I think its kind of crazy the WRX STi was in the demo but you need a code for it in the full game. I really want the new Boss 302 in the game, I can't believe that and just a new 5.0 Mustangs aren't in the game. Something I assume will be rectified for DLC.

Surprising to me is just how great my D 350 King Cobra is, the car just handles so good. The handling is stunning really and it is in the neogaf garage btw, it really is amazing.

DasRaven

BANHAMMERS they are a swinging!

T10 has started crushing the souls of money glitchers/modders and the flood of tears on FM.net is "so good.gif." They never even bother with punctuation, spelling, or grammar.

Numbskull #1 said:
I was banned from the store front and the AH today because my friend modded his money can he bought a car from me for 40 million and i just wanted to know am i banned forever or after some time will they unban me and if im banned forever do i have to deleat the save and make a new one for what?

Numbskull #2 said:
i am wondering y i am banned for some stupid money clitch that i never did. I posted a random car for sale for 50 mil not thinking neone would buy it and someone did buy.that is not my fault nor is it my problem that some loser glitched money and brought my car no im banned this is bs i want my money back for the game

eemijun

Neo Member
People that have reached a higher level and are farther into the world tour, does the AI progressively get harder, because in the early races the AI are a bit weak?

Hawk269

DasRaven said:

T10 has started crushing the souls of money glitchers/modders and the flood of tears on FM.net is "so good.gif." They never even bother with punctuation, spelling, or grammar.

Damn...Glad to see T10 be proactive. Be better if they actually patch the game from the glitch so it completely stops though.

eek5

DasRaven said:

maybe i can win a unicorn now

DasRaven said:

Wow, they're bringing the bans quick. Good stuff.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
DasRaven said:

Ugh... more money glitches. I guess it's inevitable but it still sucks.

Hawk269

eemijun said:
People that have reached a higher level and are farther into the world tour, does the AI progressively get harder, because in the early races the AI are a bit weak?

In World Tour the AI is dynamic. Which is a drawback. I am level 14 right now and I can race a season ending race, where you race the same track twice. 1st race, I beat the AI by 20seconds or more, 2nd race I cant break into the top 3. It is very weird and an odd choice to make on T10's part. I should be able to set the AI to whatever I want as a gamer.

My intention before I knew this was to play on Hard as the AI on the Demo was a good challenge for me and winning came down to me, not he AI being way too hard. But as it is now, you can be racing the same exact cars on the same exact track and you get a different difficulty level of AI drivers based on something. Like I said, playing the same cars and track back to back and having a big varience of difficulty is not dynamic.

Top Bottom