• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

DasRaven

Shaneus said:
Glitches? Can anyone fill me in on roughly how they work or is it just savegame editing?

There is speculation of a money glitch in the usual underground places, nothing provable.
There are a significant number of people money modding and collaborating to buyout auctions at max value.

eek5

Shaneus said:
Glitches? Can anyone fill me in on roughly how they work or is it just savegame editing?
Save game editing. I think there are some automatic measures in place to ban these people but maybe it doesn't work at launch because there is nothing to compare to or something.

The_Monk

Absoludacrous said:
Wow, they're bringing the bans quick. Good stuff.

Yep. Things like those ruin the experience in my opinion.

Plus, I wonder when I get my LE EU copy on Friday (or Monday, GOD I HOPE NOT) there will be a lot of GAFfers on high levels, full car Clubs, etc etc.

It's the only things that I don't like about different release dates. Somehow I feel left behind, not only cause my game gets released later here but also cause I'm full of work so, I can't be as active as I wanted in this thread, which means, I lose some priority on the club.

I really believe that some people are day one but in a long term they may move to other titles. This will be my only title for 360 (rest is for PS3) so I expect some big playtime with this. Plus, Season Pass will keep giving me some nice cars, I hope. God, I need this game now.

Megasoum

Banned
Wait...so did I missed something or the only way to install disc 2 is to go to the garage and try a car from the second disc? If that's really the only way that really stupid....

Minimaul

Megasoum said:
Wait...so did I missed something or the only way to install disc 2 is to go to the garage and try a car from the second disc? If that's really the only way that really stupid....

Put disk 1 in. turn on game. on the far right of main menu should be 'install disk 2'. click that.

h3ro

Megasoum said:
Unfortunately it's not the most streamlined implementation, but to install Disc two, you have to back out of the Campaign/World Tour mode and go to the initial start screen, on the far right will be the option to install Disc 2, the option disappears once it's installed.

It was so much clearer in F3.

Megasoum

Banned
h3ro said:
Unfortunately it's not the most streamlined implementation, but to install Disc two, you have to back out of the Campaign/World Tour mode and go to the initial start screen, on the far right will be the option to install Disc 2, the option disappears once it's installed.

It was so much clearer in F3.

Thanks, got it! Wow this is terrible design! So you have to go back to do something... great!

Megasoum said:
Thanks, got it! Wow this is terrible design! So you have to go back to do something... great!

I didn't think it was all that confusing. The option show up right on the main screen and you don't have to do it right away which is nice.

Izayoi

Banned
Megasoum said:
I missed it at first as well. You can back way out, to the menu that shows Career, Community, Autovista, etc. It should be there.

Edit: Beaten like a dead horse.

eek5 said:
maybe i can win a unicorn now
Not a chance!

;_;

Quote said:
Here is the issue I'm seeing with Rival mode:

This is under Community Monthly/Starter Car Open/Change Rival screen. How is UR BUS IS SHORT's class F198 and everyone else is F121 with the Vauxhall Agila?

Also, where is this spreadsheet? I'd like to fill out my info.
This is just silly.
This means it is just a glorified leaderboard "best tuner wins" scenario, I thought rivals mode was an even playing field to test your racing might... Shame

Megasoum

Banned
Well the problem is not that it's on the main menu..that's good. the problem is that the game takes your right away to the Career menu when you get out of the first mendatory race (Sidenote: That's really a big waste of time lol...anyway not a big deal). So unless you manually back out of the career menu or you reboot your game you won't see the disc 2 install... That install prompt should be front and center the first time you boot (just like in 3).

Again, not the end of the world, but that's the kind of thing a tester probably bugged at some point (I know I would).

regs said:
These are the people who show up under the list for me.

Gowans007
pyr0
Scuderia2010
Big Takeover
Seanspeed
eek5
skyfinch
T10 Ayo Jube
arvinater
VindictiveGnome
CrudeDiatribe
Dead Poul
GTO783
m0dus
ghostmind
FlasHBurN2012
ShapeGSX
chespace 343
LoopOfHenle
DasRavenLive
UR BUS IS SHORT
supjcutner
ghibli99
Archer33
Tokubetsu
Ayo Jube
Yoritomo79
Union 360
AntiqueGamer
guest1321
K4rooo
Short Sirket
syftif
Sp4ceman Sp1ff
Mc Kane
munkeyhero
xEsorcicc0x
Absoludacrous
purg3
slashc5
Drew McDuffy
Aptos
StormLord
l MarleyMan l
SoundScream13
Watership
Proteus
EteRnal PAL
Liquidsnake00
sneaky77

That's what shows up for me. Sorry if there are any typos I am typing these right off of my screen and not really checking them because I am about to go out to the bar and well what am I doing still typing this I think I am going to head out and get my drink on.

This is the list that made the cut right?

Ok, then I don't mean to gloat, and I take back my jubilation form my prior post. I know a lot of you will be back on board very soon!!!!! This is just a temp thing.

evil_as_skeletor said:
This is just silly.
This means it is just a glorified leaderboard "best tuner wins" scenario, I thought rivals mode was an even playing field to test your racing might... Shame

Some event let you you tune your cars and some you have to use stock cars. You just have to read the requirement. I think it's fine if you able to tune your cars and get better performance or suit your driving style (not me I suck at tuning). It also let you play with car upgrade and use car in the club that has been tune. I think it's a great idea and let people explore what they like to do.

Again, there are several events that restrict you to certain car only (such as Top Gears RPC race).

I want to make sure I am helping the club in the right way, am I supposed to just pick a class, pick a race, and try and beat the times of those who are on the leader board to push the club ranking up?

Shaneus

Izayoi said:
Yes. Those are gamertags currently in the club.
Of people who currently have the game. Saladine isn't there (which is odd, seeing as he got the game yesterday) and I think I was nominated yet am not in that list. I'm sure things will be sorted over the next few days once Australia (just released) and Europe (tomorrow?) all have their copies and can sign in/request access.

Not that it matters, though. I'm probably going to be too busy tonight fanging around the XB Falcon in Eric Bana's Targa Tasmania livery to send a request.

Izayoi

Banned
Shaneus said:
Of people who currently have the game. Saladine isn't there (which is odd, seeing as he got the game yesterday) and I think I was nominated yet am not in that list. I'm sure things will be sorted over the next few days once Australia (just released) and Europe (tomorrow?) all have their copies and can sign in/request access.
It's kind of a moot point anyway. After about a month activity will plummet as people lose interest. Everyone who wants to get in will be in, even if it takes a while.

Aptos

Has anyone figured out how to switch between controller and speed wheel? It's getting really annoying not being able to tune... And wtf is with thinking the speed wheel is a fully fledged racing wheel when it reconnects after being powered down? Did they have ANY quality assurance on this!?

Enron

Banned
Holy shit. Look at this. (background - MS Store upgraded everyone's Forza order to overnight shipping)

I just got this in my inbox.

Dear xxxxxxx,

I'm writing to apologize. I wanted to upgrade your Forza Motorsport 4 Limited Collector's Edition to free overnight shipping, but unfortunately, your order went out with ground shipping. Your satisfaction is my top priority and I have taken steps to make sure you get your game as quickly as possible. A new copy of Forza Motorsport 4 Limited Collector's Edition was sent to you with overnight shipping and you should receive this within 24 hours of this email. I will also refund the full cost of your original purchase and am giving you a promo code, so the next time you buy a game from us, it is free. By next week, you will get your original order, so this means you will have an extra copy of Forza Motorsport 4 Limited Collector's Edition. This is yours to keep.

Grassy

Quick question, does the Launch Bonus DLC come with the LE VIP DLC also? So I can give the Launch Bonus pack to someone else? I'm confused, I thought it was the Muscle Car pack we could give away but there isn't a separate code for that in my LE.

Izayoi said:
It's kind of a moot point anyway. After about a month activity will plummet as people lose interest. Everyone who wants to get in will be in, even if it takes a while.

Yeah, that's my opinion too. Until then I'll just get better so they can be all "Hey FP, there's room in here for you, why don't you OH MY GOD DID YOU SEE HOW FAST HE WAS GOING?!"

Played some online just now. Courses I don't know in cars I haven't driven ...

Nightz

Enron said:
Holy shit. Look at this. (background - MS Store upgraded everyone's Forza order to overnight shipping)

Wait...so you get 2 copies of the LE? If so, sell me one! All sold out here.

Enron

Banned
Nightz said:
Wait...so you get 2 copies of the LE? If so, sell me one! All sold out here.

Yep. 2 copies of the LE, my original purchase refunded, AND a promo code for a free game.

I basically just got $200+ of game FOR NOTHING.

Nightz - send me a PM so i dont forget. I have some other people that are interested, ill contact you and let you know.

I got impatient and bought an LE at BB yesterday so i could start playing - so now I'll (briefly) have 3 copies, heh.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Enron said:

Wow.
Can't believe they also chucked in a voucher for yet another free game after giving you 2 Forza 4s.
You should ask them for a couple of consoles so you can multi screen all your copies..

Anyone ran B class on Infineon Raceway yet? So far I've lapped a 1:54 in my B-500 S2000 while tuning the suspension, curious to see if anyone has put any time into that track yet.

Edit: Damn, best time in the world for Infineon B-Class is 1:44, I'm 10 seconds off. I wish they'd show what assists these guys are using.

gotee12

Aptos said:
Has anyone figured out how to switch between controller and speed wheel? It's getting really annoying not being able to tune... And wtf is with thinking the speed wheel is a fully fledged racing wheel when it reconnects after being powered down? Did they have ANY quality assurance on this!?
The way I do it...

1. Turn on the console with the wheel, this making the wheel controller 1.
2. Play game.
3. Then when I need a standard controller, I unplug the power to the wheel, get the "controller not found" warning, and then turn on the standard controller. (it should pop up as controller 1).
4. When I want to go back racing, I unplug (pull the batteries) from the standard controller, this brings the "controller not found" prompt back up.
5. Plug the power back in to the wheel and it should be identified as controller 1.

It's worked well for me so far. The key is keeping the active controller in the controller 1 slot.

Edit: I just noticed that you're talking about the speed wheel. It should work just the same though (hopefully)

sneaky77

Hawk269 said:
In World Tour the AI is dynamic. Which is a drawback. I am level 14 right now and I can race a season ending race, where you race the same track twice. 1st race, I beat the AI by 20seconds or more, 2nd race I cant break into the top 3. It is very weird and an odd choice to make on T10's part. I should be able to set the AI to whatever I want as a gamer.

I agree, is a weird design decision

Top Bottom