• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

evanylee

Newest editions to the [GAF] Garage

BMW LMR with ///M Livery
01.png

BMW E30 M3 with ///M Livery
03.png

Honda Civic Type-R with Marlboro McLaren Honda Livery (Senna's Car)
02.png

Honda NSR with Marlboro McLaren Honda Livery (Senna's Car)
04.png

I traded knockout blows with Seanspeed on the BOSS Mustang@Laguna Rivals challenge tonight. Back and forth, and back and forth. It was super fun. Dude is quick too.

Seanspeed

Banned
Shortt Sirket said:
Man, I am having TOO much fun with this Rivals Mode thing. I have this compulsion to try to be in the top 3 of all the GAF Leaderboards.

Seriously, I need to take a break or something.
I just went into Rivals mode today and yea, its addicting.

Me and Big Takeover are having a pretty epic battle for the Laguna Seca Mustang hotlap challenge. Has gone back and forth a few times now. We've both dropped our times by over a second since doing this and we're both in the top 100. Good stuff. I'm beating by about a tenth of a second at this point, but I'm pretty sure there's good room for improvement on both our sides.

Going to bed in a minute, but I cant wait to get off work tomorrow and keep working on some of the other rival's modes. You make good money doing it, too!

Big Takeover said:
I traded knockout blows with Seanspeed on the BOSS Mustang@Laguna Rivals challenge tonight. Back and forth, and back and forth. It was super fun. Dude is quick too.
Ha! Beat you by a tenth beeeotch! lol

Seanspeed said:
I just went into Rivals mode today and yea, its addicting.

Me and Big Takeover are having a pretty epic battle for the Laguna Seca Mustang hotlap challenge. Has gone back and forth a few times now. We've both dropped our times by over a second since doing this and we're both in the top 100. Good stuff. I'm beating by about a tenth of a second at this point, but I'm pretty sure there's good room for improvement on both our sides.

Going to bed in a minute, but I cant wait to get off work tomorrow and keep working on some of the other rival's modes. You make good money doing it, too!

Ha! Beat you by a tenth beeeotch! lol
NNNNNNOOOOOO!!! YOU'RE NOT IN BED!!! YOU LIED!

I'm pretty much in love with Star in a Reasonably Priced Car Rival. It should be the go-to Rival.

evanylee said:
Honda NSR with Marlboro McLaren Honda Livery (Senna's Car)
04.png
Love them all but especially this one.

Quote said:
Here's a idea for T10. Put pressure on Microsoft to let us use our HID wheels and I can put all this nonsense to rest. If I could use my G27 and Play Seat i'd die happy. Just put support in Forza 4 for it for all I care!

EDIT: And let me remind you that you can't use your headset with the Speed Wheel. :>

You do realize that its not possible at all. They would have to make a custom Xbox for it to work. Honestly Logitech decided that they didn't want to have the extra cost associated with making the G27 360 compatible.

It was cool to get in a few races with you guys tonight. It was nice to race against the real people instead of their ghosts I've been racing hours on end in Rival.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sup GAF. I made this 190E fit for a king and synced it to the version I previously added to the GAF Garage, hope y'all like it. It's nothing special, and I'm not the greatest at livery design, but I think it's decent for my first shot at liveries in years. My god what a huge time sink it is.

VXmJ8.jpg

MORE PICTURES HERE. (with stock rims, GAF Garage version currently has the rims you see above).

Hawk269

I just tried getting a tuning setup off of the storefront, but everytime I try to download it, I get a "Your savde file is corrupt. Please delete it from the Xbox Sashboard and create a new one.". By career is fine, I am able to load it and continue my career, was able to get to vinyls off of the store front, painted my car etc. Just when I try to geta tuning setup I am getting a corrupt file error. Am I hosed or is it just a glitch cause everything outside of that seems fine.

Just an update. I was just able to buy a design and it save fine. Was able to buy anothe vinyl group it is fine, but just tried to buy some other setups for different classes and everytime I get the same "save file is corrupt".

nagge

Within five hours I'll have the disc in the tray! Woopwooop!

I look forward to the slower starter cars, have got to get a feeling for the clutch and the whole Fanatec setup, there is quite some difference coming from the ms-wheel, the pedals and especially the brake will take some time getting used to.

Am I the last one to get this game?

madmackem

So how does the car garage thing work on clubs, when i sahre a car does it remove it from my list? is it only a one time thing so if someone takes it from the club no one else can drive it? how does it work. (my game better come today)

Just popped it in tonight after a day of playing basketball

Wow- I absolutely love this game. Took a whirl around the Bernese Alps in my IRL car (Legacy 2.5GT) with the music turned off. Man, that was one of the best gaming experiences I've had.

I'm going to really like this game. Thank goodness I still have my old MS wheel- its still a beauty!

evanylee said:

Honda Civic Type-R with Marlboro McLaren Honda Livery (Senna's Car)
02.png

Used this one tonight racing with some GAF'ers...thanks!! First time using the Club Garage tonight, nice addition to the game!

Shaneus

nagge said:
Within five hours I'll have the disc in the tray! Woopwooop!

I look forward to the slower starter cars, have got to get a feeling for the clutch and the whole Fanatec setup, there is quite some difference coming from the ms-wheel, the pedals and especially the brake will take some time getting used to.

Am I the last one to get this game?
It's amazing how you can feel the traction break and the car actually lean, even though there's no reason you should. I think the tyre sounds help a LOT with that sort of immersion. The only thing I was disappointed with was that first race where they force you to use ALL assists and you can't even turn them off. Really sets a bad tone for the game that is completely misleading.

PS. I don't think you're the last... there were a few people in here (at least one in Aus, though I can't remember who it was :( ) who were waiting for a postal order.

georgc

need tips on how to drive the mustang boss on the Japanese mountain track. I end up shifting to third gear to prevent spinning out.

LiK

Hmmm, I notice my speakers popping/crackling a lil when I play Forza 4. It seems to happen with certain parts like the menu or when I was driving the Veyron. Doesn't happen with other games or when I drove different cars. I hope it's just some glitch.

Can someone post or link me to the recommended settings for the old school Microsoft Wireless Racing Wheel. I'd really appreciate it as I have searched all over. Thanks

Hawk269

Hawk269 said:
I just tried getting a tuning setup off of the storefront, but everytime I try to download it, I get a "Your savde file is corrupt. Please delete it from the Xbox Sashboard and create a new one.". By career is fine, I am able to load it and continue my career, was able to get to vinyls off of the store front, painted my car etc. Just when I try to geta tuning setup I am getting a corrupt file error. Am I hosed or is it just a glitch cause everything outside of that seems fine.

Just an update. I was just able to buy a design and it save fine. Was able to buy anothe vinyl group it is fine, but just tried to buy some other setups for different classes and everytime I get the same "save file is corrupt".

Found the problem and solved.

***CORRUPT FILE FIX***

If you ever get an error that states your save file is corrupt when trying to save at any point in the game, exit to your dashboard. Go to your settings>memory>Forza 4. When I looked where all the game data was, I found a small 40kb file with a warning sign that it was a corrupt file. I deleted this file, loaded the game and everything was fine. Was able to download the setup and everthing else is fine. The actuall game save is stored in a different file, it appears that this is a weird bug or when it detects an error it saves a small file. The odd thing, it was not impacting anything else, only getting a tuning setup.

Found this information of the official forums where others were having similar errors, but with vinyl groups, replays, photo's etc. Some people had deleted their actual save file and had to start over, but someone discovered this weird corrupted file in the F4 directory under the memory tab, then going to the F4 folder. This has fixed the issue for almost all the corrupt save errors people are encountering.

Hope T10 fixes this because save files being corrupted can kill a game like this when you have so much time invested into it...and there are people that already have deleted everthing, re-installed only to discover later that there is a bug in the game that causes this file to be created and it can effect certain things from being saved and some people are just deleting everything to restart.

Hawk269

LiK said:
Hmmm, I notice my speakers popping/crackling a lil when I play Forza 4. It seems to happen with certain parts like the menu or when I was driving the Veyron. Doesn't happen with other games or when I drove different cars. I hope it's just some glitch.

It's a carry over bug from Forza 3 that was never addressed. It happens with any car, any track, any sound system. Heard it through my 5.1 system and headphones. It is not as bad as in F3, but noticeable and irritating.

LiK

Hawk269 said:
Found the problem and solved.

***CORRUPT FILE FIX***

If you ever get an error that states your save file is corrupt when trying to save at any point in the game, exit to your dashboard. Go to your settings>memory>Forza 4. When I looked where all the game data was, I found a small 40kb file with a warning sign that it was a corrupt file. I deleted this file, loaded the game and everything was fine. Was able to download the setup and everthing else is fine. The actuall game save is stored in a different file, it appears that this is a weird bug or when it detects an error it saves a small file. The odd thing, it was not impacting anything else, only getting a tuning setup.

Found this information of the official forums where others were having similar errors, but with vinyl groups, replays, photo's etc. Some people had deleted their actual save file and had to start over, but someone discovered this weird corrupted file in the F4 directory under the memory tab, then going to the F4 folder. This has fixed the issue for almost all the corrupt save errors people are encountering.

Hope T10 fixes this because save files being corrupted can kill a game like this when you have so much time invested into it...and there are people that already have deleted everthing, re-installed only to discover later that there is a bug in the game that causes this file to be created and it can effect certain things from being saved and some people are just deleting everything to restart.
This must be posted in OP ASAP

It's a carry over bug from Forza 3 that was never addressed. It happens with any car, any track, any sound system. Heard it through my 5.1 system and headphones. It is not as bad as in F3, but noticeable and irritating.

Ah, really? I haven't played FM3 in a while so I don't remember that happening before. Man, that sucks. Sorta ruins the immersion. Glad it's not my sound system or 360.

skyfinch

LiK said:

lol, I thought it was the engine or my headphones messing up. I hear it too, then. Though it's no where near as bad as PGR4's audio glitch.

Hawk269 said:

Weird, I don't remember hearing any sound bugs in FM3.

LiK

Izayoi said:
Guys, I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before, but the menu music is really fucking good.
Yea, I dunno why the in-game racing music is so terrible tho. I turned it off.

Hawk269

*****CORRUPT SAVE FILE ERROR*****

Turn 10 is aware of the issue as they have posted the information below on the "Official Forums".

It has recently come to our attention that some of you may be receiving a corrupt save message when trying to save a file. This could happen with tunes, replays, paints or photos. While we are working on this issue please follow the steps below.

The Message: Your save file is corrupt. Please delete it from the Xbox Dashboard and create a new one.

If you receive the message above when trying to save a file please follow these directions:

1.Go to the Xbox Dashboard.
2.Move to My Xbox then scroll to the right and select “System Settings”.
3.From inside System Settings select “Memory” then select the location where your game saves are located (for most people this will be on the hard drive).
4.Scroll down the list until you find Forza Motorsport 4.
5.From inside the Forza Motorsport 4 memory saves, you want to select the file that was corrupted. In most cases the file you are looking for will say “Corrupted” and have “!” next to it.

NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT DELETE your Game Save, If you do, you will lose all your game progress. Here is a list of the naming structure of your Forza Motorsport 4 saves:

(Your Gamertag) Saved Game – DO NOT DELTE THIS FILE. This is your main game save file and should only be deleted as a last resort.

(Your Gamertag) Car Setup Files Saved Game - These are your Tune Files.

(Your Gamertag ) PHOTOS Saved Game – This is all of your saved photos.

(Your Gamertag) LAYER GROUPS Saved Game – These are all of your created and purchased layer group files.

(Your Gamertag) Design Catalog Saved Game – These are all of your created and purchased car designs.

(Your Gamertag) Replays Saved Game – This save contains all our your saved replay info.

(Your Gamertag) WMV MOVIES Saved Game – This save contains all our your saved movies.

GHOSTS Saved Game – This is where your best time ghost files are saved locally.

(Your Gamertag) Game Options Saved Game – These are your saved game options.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turn 10 Community OPS
Forzamotorsport.net

Big Takeover said:
I was taking a few pictures when I got the notification that my Senna Challenge had been beaten. I checked to see who the culprit was, and was saddened and disappointed to see that it was you, Spiff, that sullied my name in front of GAF like that.

Shots fired!

But I ain’t even mad, as it seems as though your name has been sullied once again, only this time on the Infineon LFA challenge. Big Takeover? More like a Big Takedown for me, lolamirite. :)

Now, would you kindly not rain on my parade and exact revenge right away? I want to savor this moment.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Spaceman Spiff said:
Shots fired!

But I ain’t even mad, as it seems as though your name has been sullied once again, only this time on the Infineon LFA challenge. Big Takeover? More like a Big Takedown for me, lolamirite. :)

Now, would you kindly not rain on my parade and exact revenge right away? I want to savor this moment.

and i just finished beating him on amalfi w/ the stratos, in traffic

Grassy

Just did my first rival's mode race today, seriously, I fucking love this game. It's cool how you get a higher bonus for knocking off the higher placed people too, anyway back to it!

Mascot

Shaneus said:
PS. I don't think you're the last... there were a few people in here (at least one in Aus, though I can't remember who it was :( ) who were waiting for a postal order.

Hello. Still waiting.

shadowkhas

Neo Member
Question: Even if I'm not in the GAF club, can I join in on some races? I'd love to try racing with a large group of people that I know are decent.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Liquidsnake said:
I'm on with fellow gaffers now we are racing circuit.

And good racing it was too! Nice to be in an almost full room with only minimal bumps and scraps. Clean racing is always enjoyable in my books.

Go go Ford RS500

Top Bottom