• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Arucardo said:
Yeah I'll definitely pick it up at the store I'll go to later today to get some pc stuff. Website says they still have 10 of the LCE's on the shelf. Paid 60e for the LCE that's being mailed so I'll most likely be able to sell it for 70 or 80e next week.

Let's do this shit togheter :)
Just to put some pic of our cars on gaf...

nagge

Just sent my request to join the club.

Are gonna install disc2 now and get something to eat before I devote my entire body and mind to this game.

Btw, kinect voice control is awesome!

pmj

Seanspeed said:
Dude, you should buy the game now no matter what.
I just bought it. I noticed that op_ivy has a club going too, so I'll join that one instead. I don't think I'm VIP enough for the GAF club.

leca

My hands are killing me after todays session. Getting used to a wheel again has been brilliant :)

Finally splashed out on the Tesla Roadster, just something terrifyingly great about driving an electric sports car.

Gowans

I'll be clearing 20 slots in the club today for PAL GAF.

Send your requests in through the day.

Man the store has a tonne of stuff on it already, I wish I could put some of that stuff in the club.

dejay

Banned
Yeah - that glitch where the game thinks you're playing with a 'real' wheel instead of a speed wheel when you swap to a controller and back will get old real quick. "Shall I take a photo?" "No, because it means restarting the game".

I know about the wheel setting 5 workaround but I actually like the gears on the d-pad. Guess I'll limit photos and other stuff in-game until it's patched (if it ever is).

Apart from that, the game and the speed wheel both rock almost equally. Fanging out an old Alfa in some E class races was a lot of fun.

(edit) I take it back - rumble is slight to non-existent using the speed wheel. I'm getting very little feedback except for tire noise. Disappointing.

p3tran

Banned
ok, my swag is here at last

img_2176bj11.jpg

and the obligatory legacy pic

img_217847oo.jpg

pmj

Gowans007 said:
I'll be clearing 20 slots in the club today for PAL GAF.

Send your requests in through the day.

Man the store has a tonne of stuff on it already, I wish I could put some of that stuff in the club.
Who are you clearing, exactly? And 20 slots isn't nearly enough to cover us, so who will be deemed worthy to join?

What are the criteria, exactly? And why is the focus on figuring out who to exclude, rather than to figure out how to get everyone that wants to play a place to do so? I get that it's anything but easy to make everyone happy here, but this has to be the worst way possible to go about this, with a single elite club and the rest being rejects.

SPEEDxNASTY

Neo Member
Just got on the Xbox and received today an in-game message saying I got flagged and banned for playing a pirated disc... which isn't the case.
Unmodified Xbox, legit LCE copy, so what's going on?

Gowans

pmj said:
Who are you clearing, exactly? And 20 slots isn't nearly enough to cover us, so who will be deemed worthy to join?

What are the criteria, exactly? And why is the focus on figuring out who to exclude, rather than to figure out how to get everyone that wants to play a place to do so? I get that it's anything but easy to make everyone happy here, but this has to be the worst way possible to go about this, with a single elite club and the rest being rejects.
It's gona be atleast 20.

After the drama of the wednesday clearout I'll list them here and before I do and GAF can speak.

Anyone who wants to volunteer for a temporary benching let me know.

p3tran

Banned
derFeef said:
I see cigarettes, you are not worthy! I (partly) kid, I am just jealous.
its kind of difficult to kick a bad habit. will try to kick it cause I aint getting any younger.
at least its not heroin or something.

gowans, open the door!

Gowans

p3tran said:
its kind of difficult to kick a bad habit. will try to kick it cause I aint getting any younger.
at least its not heroin or something.

gowans, open the door!
There is a spot waiting dude.

SPEEDxNASTY said:
Just got on the Xbox and received today an in-game message saying I got flagged and banned for playing a pirated disc... which isn't the case.
Unmodified Xbox, legit LCE copy, so what's going on?

Is not Forza related. Maybe something about your gamertag or ... i dunno, your motto? Call Microsoft and ask for info.

Microsoft never banned an Xbox for playing a game early. I received a lot of games early because my job, never had a problem.

Gowans

Ok club is full, from the FM leaderboards these are the members:

Absoludacrous
AntiqueGamer
Aptos
Archer33
Arekkz
ArmyAJ28
arvinater
ASTROBLACK9
Ayo Jube
BatmanXgr
BIG DADDY 1083
Big Takeover
BigOilersFan
Bravoexo
brendanrfoley22
British Meat
CarbonCore
chasechasechase
chespace 343
Corey Trevor
CrudeDiatribe
CrunchinJelly
DasRavenLive
Dead Poul
Drew McDuffy
eek5
Eric WK
EteRnal PAL
ExpertChris
FlasHBurN2012
Fly1np1ranha
G tothe Lee
Gass
ghibli99
ghostmind
Gowans007
Granholme
GT0783
guest1321
Hawk269
I MarleyMan I
I TwoSixNine I
Il Dude lI
Jangles
K4rooo
Klocker
Label
lBiZARR0l
leftover911
Les Doodis
Liquidsnake00
LLI3
LostVector
lucky108911
m0dus
Masscot
Mc Kane
munkeyhero
Neo Rock ZX
oODHOo
Ox nagge
p3tran
Proteus
purg3
pyr0
REW138
Scuderia2010
Seanspeed
Shaneus
ShapeGSX
SheriffofPaddys
Shortt Sirket
Sirolf
skyfinch
slashdc5
sneaky77
SoundScream13
Sp4ceman Sp1ff
StormLord
str8buzykltty
supjcutner
syffitf
T10 Ayo Jube
Taco Nathan
TheApatheticOne
Tokubetsu
tOmby 360
Trav
Union 360
upp3r manag3mnt
UR BUS IS SHORT
V8 big blok
VendettaXXI
VindictiveGnome
Watership
x Grassy x
xEsorcicciOx
xLiKx
Yes Pringles
Yoritomo79

To get the PAL guys in, who goes and who comes in?

Edit: Current Club Google Doc

pmj

Seanspeed said:
No one is stopping other car clubs from being formed.
Sure, but we now have the situation that there is a GAF club that most GAFers can't actually join, for reasons currently unclear. If the idea was to bring the GAF community into the game, there hasn't been much success so far.

evil_as_skeletor said:
Just enter them all.
I asked this question and the answer back was basically that you forego your VIP status if you don't enter the Limited DLC pack (which contains the muscle pack).
So I just entered them all and didn't worry about it.

Ps. I am on my iPhone so it's pretty tricky to try find the post, but it wasn't far back...

Exactly.

Unfortunately, there is no way to end up with a spare Muscle Car DLC code to gift or trade. Sucks. Just enter in all three codes to ensure you get everything.

Also, when entering the last code, it was a bit weird - almost as if it didnt register. But it does. Seems to grab all the information from one of the previous code downloads. But it does work so not to worry.

Gowans

Found a great Lightning McQueen on the storefront. Pic in photo thread.

People are skilled! Might have a go and some kiddie or retro stuff to test my terrible skills later.

I'll aim for the club purge in a few hours.

TheBear

I just uploaded some photos off Forza 4, but they don't seem to have appeared in MyForza on the Forza website. Do I need Gold for that?

Gor@n

Neo Member
Is it just me or do the AI cars have periods of sudden acceleration? Was racing at Road America in a Impreza 22B with a RX7 behind me the whole race, maintaining a decent gap, when all of a sudden i can see it gaining on me at crazy speed, maybe extra 20-50km/h. My entry onto the straight was fine so I'm not sure if its a glitch or not. Also happened when i was racing an Audi S4 against a Hyundai Genesis.

pmj

dragonelite said:
So no gaf car club 2 that is more casual.
There is one, but it's not officially sanctioned and I don't think there's any cooperation or competition or anything with the GAF club, but I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong.
op_ivy said:
if you, or anyother gaffers that arent in the gaf club now, want feel free to join my little club, Rally Club Positano, or search my GT: LoopOfHenle
6240900315_c9c4676116_m.jpg
(quick mockup of a livery i plan to make)

its a small club with no aspirations of being great - just something to get together and play around with until there is more than enough room in the gaf club.

I cant wait to see how many cool things come out of the store front in the next few weeks. Already a good amount of very impressive stuff!

Friday finally! Lots of Forza gonna happen this weekend!

Wazzim

Banned
Just got a mail from the shop I pre-ordered and MS fucked up the LCE supply so now I can't get one even though I ordered one :/
I had the option of refund or the normal game and chose the normal game, shit's fucked up but now I'll at least get to play it tomorrow.

alba said:
What the fuck, I checked the site where I put my pre-order in full 4 months ago and it states there "permanently unavailable" did anyone in Europe get their LCE? Is there a shortage or just no LCE copies out there at all? What's happening? :'(
They send out the LCE in Europe with a 1:10 ratio (10 normal games ordered, 1 LCE), it's pretty terrible how Microsoft handled this.

Gowans007 said:
I'll aim for the club purge in a few hours.

I can't believe I'm going to say this... but drop me (brendanrfoley22) if you need to.

My strong suit is taking pictures (which I can share here) and casual racing. I understand IF you need to let me go for some of our Euro stars. When it comes to lap times, they are more deserving than me. I'm a bottom feeder!

To all others - if I am purged today I will create a second "official" GAF Car Club. We'll figure out the name later, but it's clear there's demand (even if it's just a holding ground for the full club).

Does this sound good to everyone/most of us?

kazinova

I wish I could veg out all weekend on Forza but I just realized I have to take a trip to DC. I really wanna go visit friends but I'll need to see if I can transfer my profile/save to a usb...

Shaneus

kazinova said:
I wish I could veg out all weekend on Forza but I just realized I have to take a trip to DC. I really wanna go visit friends but I'll need to see if I can transfer my profile/save to a usb...
Are you driving? Get a rental car. Real-life Forza.

When possible (at the petrol station?) walk around the car opening doors whilst talking like Jeremy Clarkson.

Oh shit son what have I done today :|

walked into gamestation, walked out with the LE
also bought 12 months gold, wallet am cry.

I also tried out the speed wheel in the store, damn it's really rather good but a pad is fine for me, for now.

kazinova

Shaneus said:
Are you driving? Get a rental car. Real-life Forza.

When possible (at the petrol station?) walk around the car opening doors whilst talking like Jeremy Clarkson.
I'm driving my summer car (despite the crappy weather) so I can create the Autovista for the Cobalt SS while I'm at a gas station. I'm sure the girlfriend will get a kick out of my terrible Clarkson impression.

SPEEDxNASTY

Neo Member
thelurkinghorror said:
Is not Forza related. Maybe something about your gamertag or ... i dunno, your motto? Call Microsoft and ask for info.

Microsoft never banned an Xbox for playing a game early. I received a lot of games early because my job, never had a problem.

Nothing wrong with my gamertag or motto, the message appeared in the game (Forza message center), not through the Xbox live.
What a pain in the ass, getting a gold membership and a LCE, installing both discs, downloading all packs and VIP goodies just to get to that point.

Whoever invented the steelbook disc holders needs to be fucking shot, they are so tight and sharp I felt like the disk was going to snap even when applying pressure to the middle, so shitty for £60

LCfiner

I played this for about 4 hours or so yesterday. really enjoying it. it certainly still feels like Forza 3 in the way the game progresses but I don’t mind that since I never got burned out on Forza 3.

Best race so far was the class D euro race. a lineup of 11 prim and proper, highly efficient european microcars… and one enormous, tail swinging, loose cannon Corvette from your truly.

I was surprised there was no restriction against US cars so I decided to use my recently acquired D class Corvette in that race and, holy shit, it was amazing. I could barely control this car at all. so tail happy and so much torque steer. I wrecked very other car on the grid and barely got past the finish line.

the juxtaposition of these tiny little cars driving so politely and hitting every apex and this loud, boorish american car, being driven like an asshole and banging into everyone else and scraping through all the turns as I barely hang on to it was hilarious. the replay killed me. The “Loud, Ugly American” running all over the polite, same-y looking European lineup, knocking into them left and right as he can barely contain the power under the hood.

fun stuff

Shaneus

kazinova said:
I'm driving my summer car (despite the crappy weather) so I can create the Autovista for the Cobalt SS while I'm at a gas station. I'm sure the girlfriend will get a kick out of my terrible Clarkson impression.
Oh, I'm sure it's the best Clarkson impression... in the world.

And hey, ForzaGAF. I've been mainly sticking with SP-ish mode tonight and solely concentrated on the RPC Rivals challenge. Fucking hell this is addictive... and it's a basic fucking course! I'm in trouble if the rest of the game is this fun.

AMUSIX

just on the sidelines here as I've got my own club, but the flighty way the car club was handled here has been a trainwreck (how's that for mixing transportation).

What should have been done is made sure there was room enough for whomever wanted to join. Which would have meant making more than one club. Say, NeoGAF M, NeoGAF R, NeoGAF S (in reference to popular sport division badging in makes like BMW, Mercedes, Honda, etc). Then everyone joins whichever of the three clubs they want...heck, the 'community leaders' should have agreed to split themselves up between the three clubs so that one doesn't become the 'popular clique'. 300 spaces would have been more than enough to ensure that there was still room for the AUS and EU releases.

In a month or two, when the initial rush has died down, THEN you consolidate the clubs into one.

Pretty sure it's too late to do this now, as too many people have already been treated like shit by the community elites, but it's just been painful and, really, disappointing to watch.

AMUSIX said:
just on the sidelines here as I've got my own club, but the flighty way the car club was handled here has been a trainwreck (how's that for mixing transportation).

What should have been done is made sure there was room enough for whomever wanted to join. Which would have meant making more than one club. Say, NeoGAF M, NeoGAF R, NeoGAF S (in reference to popular sport division badging in makes like BMW, Mercedes, Honda, etc). Then everyone joins whichever of the three clubs they want...heck, the 'community leaders' should have agreed to split themselves up between the three clubs so that one doesn't become the 'popular clique'. 300 spaces would have been more than enough to ensure that there was still room for the AUS and EU releases.

In a month or two, when the initial rush has died down, THEN you consolidate the clubs into one.

Pretty sure it's too late to do this now, as too many people have already been treated like shit by the community elites, but it's just been painful and, really, disappointing to watch.

Stop making sense, nobody wants to hear your reasonable and fair ideas.

Top Bottom