• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

eso76

skyfinch said:
Click in the right analog while inside the car (autovisa) to hear the horn.

mind = blown

nice game last night guys
sorry for occasionally ramming you and crashing into you :)

skyfinch

Forza Motorsport 4: featuring autovista horns.

eso76 said:
nice game last night guys
sorry for occasionally ramming you and crashing into you :)

It's all good. I only play online for fun.

Rivals mode is where the blood's at.

Smokey

So is this game fun or no? I'm wanting to get this but I'm hesitant. I dove in head first with GT5. Bought a G27 wheel and everything. Got bored and frustrated by that game. I've never really tried to get into a Forza game, but I figure why not? Only thing is I can't use my G27 with this? Is there any equivalent?

Izayoi

Banned
Smokey said:
So is this game fun or no?
I'm having tons of fun, but YMMV obviously.

Forza has a lot of assist options, the most notable probably being rewind, which pretty much eliminates all frustration from the game, so...

Smokey

Izayoi said:
I'm having tons of fun, but YMMV obviously.

Forza has a lot of assist options, the most notable probably being rewind, which pretty much eliminates all frustration from the game, so...

I realize it was a dumb question. Hesitant because of the situation I mentioned in my previous post, but I'm kind of wanting this game now.

Izayoi

Banned
Smokey said:
I realize it was a dumb question. Hesitant because of the situation I mentioned in my previous post, but I'm kind of wanting this game now.
Yeah, I have no real answer to your wheel dilemma, sorry. :(

Izayoi

Banned
Woah, did they change how much of a bonus turning off assists gives you?

I'm getting way less now after the patch with the same settings. What gives? :|

man, sometimes Cycled Production hopper will throw you something awesome. just had 16 Lamborghini Diablo GT-Rs on Catalunya, with 2 Turn10 guys in there racing. shit was epic.

also, i love that they let you go more than 3 laps....7 or 10 is a great length to race.

eso76

Gowans007 said:
Yeah it was a little rough yesterday. Right I'll be adding requests to the club today and a little ater for PAL gaf.

it was fun,
16 player races shall be a complete mess.

it wouldn't let me save replays saying the file is corrupted, thankfully i only had a problem with replays. Will look into it later

I just got to play the game- what a masterpiece really- best xbox racer hands down.

Turn 10- if you are listening- please add the Mclaren F1 LM as DLC- or hell even Forza 5.

I will quit my whining about this car from here on out and enjoy the other amazing rides to be found. The audio team by the way should get an award or something for the ear piercing yet awe inspiring engine sounds.

dejay

Banned
Game acquired - yes. One day late but I was busy building a PC yesterday night so it probably worked out for the best. Installing now.

I also got the speed wheel and I can tell already I'm probably gonna like it - the triggers feel excellent. I'm already thinking of modifying the brake trigger with some neoprene or even a mini-shock setup, assuming I can find one that small. I know with some progressive resistance it will be awesome.

pmj

In a couple of hours there's gonna be an influx of new players. I'll be picking up my copy soon, and I'm wondering what the status of the club is. Is there still room in it or was a second one created?

I looked a few pages back and I read something about kicking lots of people out. What for? What exactly are the requirements for being in the club? If every person on GAF who wants to actively play F4 can't be in it, it seems better to me to have two clubs until enough people have left the game in favor of the next new shiny thing and the clubs can be merged.

Overall, I'm enjoying the game; especially the near-constant awarding of new cars. I'll gladly take any Alfa thrown my way.

But. There are times, too frequently to my mind, where the AI seems like it was lifted from an aborted NASCAR game. I mean, I realize some paint's gonna be exchanged but if I'm on the racing line don't barge into my rear quarter panel like some deranged hippo. One time, ok. As a matter of course, fuck off. The AI can be as bad as the idjits online. C'mon Turn 10.

Mascot

Shaneus said:
Go to the "vs" thread. Perhaps it's like our own little FM.net microcosm
lol.gif

Where is this thread of which you speak?
I cannot find it.

guest1321

I don't know how people feel about this sort of thing but to get the achievement for having the 5 most expensive cars in the game couldn't we just send them around? Since they are fairly expensive and not everyone is going to want to put all there money into a car they won't drive for an achievement would anyone be open to having a trusted group of ForzaGAF send the cars around amongst each other? I don't know exactly how it would work as far as rotating them but I think it would be worth a try.

squared

Got my copy one day early, yesterday :D

Has it been mentioned anywhere how to get the 250k for us who has the LCE and bought Season Pass?

Also, not being able to share a car to a club that has a purchased vinyl group on it is RETARDED! Especially when they won't let us buy/sell unlocked designs! Arrghh..

Anybody care to explain how to change the cockpit view on a single screen with som options on the multiple screen options? Is it possible to get the cockpit view closer like in FM3?

Greektown

Neo Member
IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN DRAG RACE DURING SPLIT SCREEN MODE?! IM SO RATTLED I CANT COMPARE TWO CARS THAT I LIKE IN A DRAG RACE. ALSO CAN I CHOOSE WHAT CAR MY OPPONENTS USE IN FREE RACE? THIS TWO THINGS ARE REALLY TICKING ME OFF!!!!!!

Gowans

I'm gona spend some time in the livery editor and rivals today. Hope I can get some gaf online in tho.

Anyone know where in the custom game options is the option to limit to garage cars only?

Wazzim

Banned
Greektown said:
IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN DRAG RACE DURING SPLIT SCREEN MODE?! IM SO RATTLED I CANT COMPARE TWO CARS THAT I LIKE IN A DRAG RACE. ALSO CAN I CHOOSE WHAT CAR MY OPPONENTS USE IN FREE RACE? THIS TWO THINGS ARE REALLY TICKING ME OFF!!!!!!
Stop the caps-lock man, this isn't gamefaqs. We read your posts just fine in lowercase.

Mascot said:
My postman is standing at the end of the road, giggling at me.
That...must be akward lol. My postman is probably still fast asleep. :/

Greektown

Neo Member
answer my question then? cause these two problems are really pissing me off

Wazzim said:
Stop the caps-lock man, this isn't gamefaqs. We read your posts just fine in lowercase.

pmj

So. Club.

Should I bother buying the game today or should I wait a month so that there's actually a chance for someone like me to join it? I don't post much on GAF. I'm not particularly fast. I can't tune or paint. I haven't posted 100+ times in the hype threads.

madmackem

tirant said:
Is this serious??? A total fuck up by microsoft :(

How it wouldnt be good having a wire hanging out of it with a headset jack. Not to mention people will get a little excited while using it leading to yanking the headset off your head. Buy a wireless headset.

enzo_gt said:
Sup GAF. I made this 190E fit for a king and synced it to the version I previously added to the GAF Garage, hope y'all like it. It's nothing special, and I'm not the greatest at livery design, but I think it's decent for my first shot at liveries in years. My god what a huge time sink it is.

VXmJ8.jpg

MORE PICTURES HERE. (with stock rims, GAF Garage version currently has the rims you see above).

Seems the favorite car of Gheddaffi in Forza3

Mascot

Wazzim said:

Postman came.. and went... NO GAME.
Me? Pissed off.

Ten minutes later a neighbour wandered around with a parcel, which the postman gave to him YESTERDAY because there was no answer at my place. I didn't know whether to hit him or kiss him.

Woo Hooo..! Better late than never I suppose!

Shaneus said:
Are you serious? It's simultaneously the greatest thread of all time and the worst abomination in the earth's history. Wear oven mittens.

Ah, my bad. I thought you were talking about a 'vs' thread on FM.net..!
Our 'vs' thread is indeed awesome.

Long day yesterday. Faculties not functioning properly.

Shaneus

Fair enough. I was surprised though when I saw the post counts on that thread and I was 5th or 6th or something. Somewhat ashamed (yet quietly, just a little proud).

PS. Glad to hear you got it. I think almost everyone here is set.

Mascot

Arucardo said:
I didn't get my game :( , guess I'll have to wait until monday...

Check with neighbours..! ;)

Quick question please (which I know has been answered somewhere but I can't for the life of me find it): which code should I NOT enter if I'm buying the season pass (ie no duplicates of the muscle pack)?

Launch bonus car pack

or

Limited Edition DLC content?

Mascot said:
Check with neighbours..! ;)

Quick question please (which I know has been answered somewhere but I can't for the life of me find it): which code should I NOT enter if I'm buying the season pass (ie no duplicates of the muscle pack)?

Launch bonus car pack

or

Limited Edition DLC content?
Just enter them all.
I asked this question and the answer back was basically that you forego your VIP status if you don't enter the Limited DLC pack (which contains the muscle pack).
So I just entered them all and didn't worry about it.

Ps. I am on my iPhone so it's pretty tricky to try find the post, but it wasn't far back...

Arucardo

thelurkinghorror said:
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand me too! but if I lose my patience I buy a new copy at my local store today and then resell one when the LE arrives.
Exactly what I was thinking, might even get more for it than I paid for it next week.

alba

Little is the new Big
What the fuck, I checked the site where I put my pre-order in full 4 months ago and it states there "permanently unavailable" did anyone in Europe get their LCE? Is there a shortage or just no LCE copies out there at all? What's happening? :'(

leng jai

LiK said:
Hmmm, I notice my speakers popping/crackling a lil when I play Forza 4. It seems to happen with certain parts like the menu or when I was driving the Veyron. Doesn't happen with other games or when I drove different cars. I hope it's just some glitch.

Yep same shit here. What is it with racing games and crackling audio? PGR4 had a bad case of it if you installed the disc and I remember Shift on PS3 had it as well. I wonder if uninstalling fixes the problem here as well?

Arucardo

Yeah I'll definitely pick it up at the store I'll go to later today to get some pc stuff. Website says they still have 10 of the LCE's on the shelf. Paid 60e for the LCE that's being mailed so I'll most likely be able to sell it for 70 or 80e next week.

Seanspeed

Banned
pmj said:
So. Club.

Should I bother buying the game today or should I wait a month so that there's actually a chance for someone like me to join it? I don't post much on GAF. I'm not particularly fast. I can't tune or paint. I haven't posted 100+ times in the hype threads.
Dude, you should buy the game now no matter what.

Top Bottom