• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

LiK

Fleet_of_Foot said:
If I have one complaint about this game, it's the music during races. Totally bland and forgettable, to the point where it's bringing the whole experience down. I know purists turn the music off, and just listen to the cars. Which is fine. And I know I can stream my own playlists, which is fine (but kind of breaks the flow of the game audio-wise).

The music during menus is fine. But not during races.
It's like two different composers made them. Wish we had an option to choose menu music as racing music.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
pmj said:
There is one, but it's not officially sanctioned and I don't think there's any cooperation or competition or anything with the GAF club, but I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong.

yeah, its a small club and right now the majority of us are still focused on career, with some light designing, tuning (and inputting to club garage), and rivals on the side. i would imagine when launch buzz disappears we will do more online racing together AND with gaffers from our friends list.

i'm not trying to split up gaf by any means, but if anyone wants to join, even if its just temporarily till the gaf club shrinks and becomes stable, you are more then welcome. search "Rally Club Positano" or "rcp"
were you expecting something different?

i made a logo and a club car last night too =)
6242810558_01da5bfdd4_z.jpg
6242810752_f96563a574_z.jpg

Shaneus

Currently second in the GAF group and third among all my friends in Top Gear Rivals mode.

come%20at%20me%20bro.jpg

I've gotten a nights worth of entertainment out of nailing just one track on rivals mode to my satisfaction (for now). I'm pretty sure this game is going to last me a LONG time.

Yoritomo

I haven't had the money issue in a while so I have no idea what was causing it.

I tried 270 degree and it feels smoother and slightly different than 900 I dunno, due to the counter steer ratio change there shouldn't be that big of a difference but not having to wind the steering out as you accelerate into a sweeper due to the speed sensitive steering makes it easier.

Mascot

cjelly said:
Has anyone got their Impreza code from GAME?

Nope! Will gladly swap for a 1M when it arrives though. Any takers?

One thing I forgot to mention: the LE is NOT worth sixty sterlings. I feel like a twat for paying half as much again just to get a little crown next to my name, a Tom Thumb book I'll never read, a metal box I'll never see again and a bunch of cars I'll never drive.

It seemed like such a good idea at the time. Money would have been better spent on the DLC pass.

All those of you with the pauper version: bravo. You made the right decision.

Shaneus

Yoritomo said:
I haven't had the money issue in a while so I have no idea what was causing it.

I tried 270 degree and it feels smoother and slightly different than 900 I dunno, due to the counter steer ratio change there shouldn't be that big of a difference but not having to wind the steering out as you accelerate into a sweeper due to the speed sensitive steering makes it easier.
Oh shit, YOU'RE Yarimoto. Coming for you, bro.

In this game, of course. IRL you'd probably beat the shit out of me. (In the game too. Your time is GOOD.)

Gowans

Right about the club, tried to be as open as possible and to make sure everyone had visible input on what happened with it.

People didn't bother or had many conflicting opinions.
For the most part it people wanted one master club to join.

The problem is there were easily over 200 people who wanted in and 100 slots, so instant problem.

Then the ways we worked the 200+ people to all get a go in the one club people wanted while rewarding the guys who felt they earned a permanent spot till it balance's out over the weeks to a regular 100 caused the problem.

I've dealt the the PMs, trying to keep everyone happy and as fair and open as I can but it's also a headache and time sink for me.

We now have a bunch of options:

1. I get firm with the club and make yet more changes and hassle for people and then lock it down.
2. I pass ownership to someone else who can do a better job. (anyone want to raise there hand?)
3. Close down the club and GAF naturally starts a bunch of seperate clubs for now then that may turn into one club later.
4, 5, 6.... Anything else GAF can come up with.​

So what do you say fellas?

sneaky77

Gowans007 said:
Right about the club, tried to be as open as possible and to make sure everyone had visible input on what happened with it.

The problem is there were easily over 200 people who wanted in and 100 slots, so instant problem.

Then the ways we worked the 200+ people to all get a go in the one club people wanted while rewarding the guys who felt they earned a permanent spot till it balance's out over the weeks to a regular 100 caused the problem.

I've dealt the the PMs, trying to keep everyone happy and as fair and open as I can but it's also a headache and time sink for me.

1. I get firm with the club and make yet more changes and hassle for people and then lock it down.
2. I pass ownership to someone else who can do a better job. (anyone want to raise there hand?)
3. Close down the club and GAF naturally starts a bunch of seperate clubs for now then that may turn into one club later.

I think you're doing a good job and in a couple of weeks everything is going to cool off and people will not be active, MW3, battlefield and skyrim come out in like 3 weeks so a lot of people will flee.

Gowans007 said:

Racing club should be separate. Most people probably are in it for exclusive cars and liveries.

Gowans007 said:

Just keep it how it is now dude and just stop worrying about it. In a couple of weeks it will calm down and everyone will chill out.

But I will stick by my idea of having a Required Level to join. Prevent those who are barely going to play from using up slots.

Keep the club for a month as it is. Then after the hype dies down see who is a mainstay. I think cutting each week is too stressful for the players and for you running it.

Honestly, after a month or two I doubt we'll see many people really involved and still racing to where multiple clubs will be needed.

Splitting up the club now and creating small groups will just alienate everybody from each other even more.

There is barely enough interest for 2 clubs. Do the GAF one you run and the one that op_ivy is running and it will settle.

I think honestly it's being made more of a deal than it should be. 2 clubs, combine in a month or so, if they are both extremely active then all power to each and we'll setup a community thread for rivals/Gamertags/friends list action.

Stop stressing, play the game ... all will end up being fine in a month or two.

Now to slog through this workday until I get home and start beating people in Rivals mode.

sneaky77

flyinpiranha said:
Keep the club for a month as it is. Then after the hype dies down see who is a mainstay. I think cutting each week is too stressful for the players and for you running it.

Honestly, after a month or two I doubt we'll see many people really involved and still racing to where multiple clubs will be needed.

Splitting up the club now and creating small groups will just alienate everybody from each other even more.

There is barely enough interest for 2 clubs. Do the GAF one you run and the one that op_ivy is running and it will settle.

I think honestly it's being made more of a deal than it should be. 2 clubs, combine in a month or so, if they are both extremely active then all power to each and we'll setup a community thread for rivals/Gamertags/friends list action.

Stop stressing, play the game ... all will end up being fine in a month or two.

This.

Spaceman Spiff said:
Shots fired!

But I ain’t even mad, as it seems as though your name has been sullied once again, only this time on the Infineon LFA challenge. Big Takeover? More like a Big Takedown for me, lolamirite. :)

Now, would you kindly not rain on my parade and exact revenge right away? I want to savor this moment.
Oh, for the love of God!!!

op_ivy said:
and i just finished beating him on amalfi w/ the stratos, in traffic
Et tu, ive-aye?

I should have never left the cookie jar on the counter for you dirt bags!!!!

Xanadu

Banned
Mascot said:
Nope! Will gladly swap for a 1M when it arrives though. Any takers?

One thing I forgot to mention: the LE is NOT worth sixty sterlings. I feel like a twat for paying half as much again just to get a little crown next to my name, a Tom Thumb book I'll never read, a metal box I'll never see again and a bunch of cars I'll never drive.

It seemed like such a good idea at the time. Money would have been better spent on the DLC pass.

All those of you with the pauper version: bravo. You made the right decision.
yup i went with the standard for the first time

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
the club thing isnt a huge deal anyways really. its like a game specific friends list with a shared garage (but, if you've been playing the game much, you should already have LOADS of your own cars and LOADS of credits). most of the actual community side is handled here, in this thread, for race meet ups, challenges etc. i'm not in the gaf club presently, but that really doesnt hold me back how i interact with you guys in the slightest.

on another note, is there any way to delete the Turn 10 Community Message in my inbox about launch day? i hate seeing it pop up constantly and i think its something meaningful

op_ivy said:
on another note, is there any way to delete the Turn 10 Community Message in my inbox about launch day? i hate seeing it pop up constantly and i think its something meaningful

Good lord, I am glad I am not the only one. That thing has been sitting there mocking me for a while now. I am not sure why we can't delete it.

gotee12

How the heck do you search for clubs?

The only option I can find under "Find Club" is to search for the four character club tag...

The_Monk

Guys I have a question:

I put the codes from all the DLC cars that I got. Now when I go see some cars to buy, some of them says on the top left corner "NEW".

Are those the cars that I got from the DLC, right? Sorry for the stupid question...

On another topic, I only tried World Tour so far, guess I'm not like the rest of the people, but will be in Rivals later on!

I will also request some help in the future regarding some stuff I might need help from driving assists, etc, but I will post a picture about that later.

If everyone want to add another GAFfer, please, check my profile, say you are from here and Add me on XBL, thank you. :)

Gowans

Ok guys we'll see how it goes then. Any objections to giving someone else a shot a running it who can put in more time than me.

Short SIrket has stepped up and i think would do a great job.

Shaneus

Holy shit, the music in this is awesome.

BTW Appreciate your efforts, Gowans. I'm not sure anyone would've been able to do a better job given the circumstances :)

Yoritomo

I think the gaf club is probably best for organizing online racing and having a selection of vehicles if we want to race in particular classes or game types.

I'm grinding affinity as I go through single player. Hopefully I'll have some b and a class tunes by the end of the weekend.

Unfortunately I don't think I can host online races due to running triple screen (my router doesn't react well to uPnP which is necessary for more than one xbox being connected to live behind a router.) But I'll give it a shot sometime this weekend.

What game types is Gaf club interested in? I love circuit racing.

Are there any requests for particular tunes? I'd like to get started but don't have a reference for what people want or need.

Gowans

Shaneus said:
Holy shit, the music in this is awesome.

BTW Appreciate your efforts, Gowans. I'm not sure anyone would've been able to do a better job given the circumstances :)
Thanks man, yeah it's been good fun. Great GAF customs too but has taken some time and effort. Think it's time for another person to have a go.

skyfinch

G Rom said:
I wish I could help with the club but still no home connection (got it for 10 min yesterday but it was beyond terrible, I'm starting to think I waited one month for nothing :-/ ).
Anyway, I just discovered that world tour becomes useless once you've done the ten seasons once. It gives you races you've already won in the selection (with no indication that you already did the race), which is completly dumb. Looks like I'm back in the event list just like I was in FM3 after completing the first six seasons... :(

Well that sucks. I'm on season 9, level 51. Didn't realize that some of the events have been repeating themselves. I would have skipped them had I known.
And to be honest, if I wasn't attempting to get all the achievements, I would only use the event listing rather than the world tour. Like to be able to change the AI difficulty if I need to.

Also, I have been forced to change my car many times. Thought Dan said I could take one car and finish world tour with it. That's not even close to being the case.

Also didn't mix things up in world tour as much as I would like.
In 7 seasons, I only did the passing cars event once. And autocross 4 times.

guest1321 said:
I don't know how people feel about this sort of thing but to get the achievement for having the 5 most expensive cars in the game couldn't we just send them around? Since they are fairly expensive and not everyone is going to want to put all there money into a car they won't drive for an achievement would anyone be open to having a trusted group of ForzaGAF send the cars around amongst each other? I don't know exactly how it would work as far as rotating them but I think it would be worth a try.

Just be aware of the cars you are gifted. Also keep in mind that some of the most expensive cars are ferraris. And there is an achievement for owning all the Ferraris. Might be able to kill two birds with one stone here.

While being gifts a car in career, one opportunity allows you to pick from the most expensive Ferrari and the Shelby Dayonta (I think that's the name). These are two of the most expensive cars...so pick wisely.{/SPOILER]

Giard said:
Why isn't the DeLorean you can buy in this game stainless? The autovista one is...

I noticed that as well.

It's also weird that matte paints are on some of the cars by default (roof of the 599 GTO, for example), but we still can't paint matte in the paint booth.

nagge

I'm lovin it.

Struggling with the clutch and firm brake pedal, feels like every track is a new challenge, but it's great fun and the speed is starting to pick up :)

U n i o n 0015 said:
I noticed that as well.

It's also weird that matte paints are on some of the cars by default (roof of the 599 GTO, for example), but we still can't paint matte in the paint booth.

THIS! This is all I wanted for Forza 4 and they taunt me by having it as a stock option! It feels like every other racing game has flat paints as options now except for Forza. You would almost think they could patch it since it already exists in the game.

Bah!

gragy10

Pulled a Dr's appointment excuse to show up late for work and picked up my LE at Game this morning - only had time to install, grab all the DLC and do a couple of quick races.
Looking amazing - pretty amusing to see the Top Gear track in digital form too. Dad worked at Dunsfold Aerodrome before BAE shut it down & TG started using it, so was pretty crazy recognising the building down the right hand side :)

Sethos said:
You crazeh' fool :p

First code was 2011 BMW 1 Series M Coupe

Second code 2011 Honda CR-Z EX

Third 2011 MINI John Cooper Works Clubman

Weird.

I will give you all sorts of goodies for the CR-Z. Sexual favors? In game cars? Sexual Favors?

ANYTHING YOU WANT!!

Sethos

Banned
Haha, that's too late sir - Confirmed what they were by actually activating them. Wish Microsoft had somewhere you could see what a code activated without actually activating it. Perhaps even to check if they are unused.

Gowans007 said:
Ok guys we'll see how it goes then. Any objections to giving someone else a shot a running it who can put in more time than me.

Short SIrket has stepped up and i think would do a great job.
You've done the best you can. Thank you!

My 2 cents is if somebody else is going to run it, it should be ivy though. The guy is a GAF racing fixture. I don't know if he wants to or not, but he should be given first refusal.

Mr.Green

Aruarian Reflection said:
Any wheel newbies here who went all-in and got the Fanatec set-up? Any regrets so far? I tried the MS speed wheel at Best Buy and it's surprisingly good as a cheap solution, although I couldn't feel any force feedback with it at all.

I had the old MS wheel for F2, got the Fanatec PWTS for F3 and now I'm seriously considering getting the Fanatec CSR Elite when it comes out. I've already ordered the CSR Elite pedals to replace the base set I have.

I bought the F4/Speed Wheel bundle and I don't regret it one sec. That little wheel is fucking mind blowing. It shouldn't work that well. It's like it reads your mind or something.

That being said, it won't replace my Fanatec stuff any time soon. :)

Arucardo

Fuck, didn't manage to grab the LCE from a shop and none of the three packages I was expecting for today arrived (LCE being one of them). Gonna have to wait a few more days.

Gowans

Big Takeover said:
You've done the best you can. Thank you!

My 2 cents is if somebody else is going to run it, it should be ivy though. The guy is a GAF racing fixture. I don't know if he wants to or not, but he should be given first refusal.
Agreed, if not Shortt it is. I'll pass it over when I have an answer.

Top Bottom